Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Colourless Blight (Open)

Started by CyclicalCycal, October 05, 2016, 12:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalak8538

"It seems as if it would require a druid... Or someone else proficient in natural magic..." he said, adjusting his shades.

The girl had never mentioned that. Perhaps all that was needed was someone with a high magical energy. That was something he could contribute. In any case, she seemed extremely knowledgeable for one so young.

"You know quite a bit about this blight. Your father... I take it he is a mage?"

CyclicalCycal

"He's also asleep, and been sleeping for ages." She mumbled, a distant numbness permeating her voice. "He's really strong! But he's sleeping..." Cara tried to explain that she was truly alone in this endeavour, but found it difficult to articulate this.

Kalak8538

"Oh..." The man replied, his tone turning sad.

"...I see."

The man went to the center of the makeshift camp, and kicked some dirt over what embers remained of the fire. With how damp the soil was, they were smothered right away.

"In any case, we need to get you home."

It was not much farther to the road. Same as the day before, the man would follow it to the nearest town. If that was not the girl's home, he would find out where she came from and get her transport there.

CyclicalCycal

"...no." Cara responded, carefully. She seemed nervous, afraid even. But that didn't overpower her determination. "I-I'm going to stay. I can do it. Just gotta be slower..." she mumbled, detailing her plan. "I-if you don't wanna help...that's okay! But I'll continue to try on my own!" She explained, a hope sparking in her voice. She seemed to think she could stop the colourless blight.

Perhaps, she was right.

Or, perhaps she was walking into an early grave.

Kalak8538

"Do not be unreasonable." The man sternly warned.

"Your power is great for one so young, but you cannot overpower this! We must go find professionals. It will take multiple mages to combat this blight..."

He was adamant in his stance. The last thing Mr. Ikka wanted was for such a talented youth to throw their life away.

CyclicalCycal

The girl stared up at Ikka, for a little while. It was clear, she was considering this quite heavily. Slowly and reluctantly, she nodded, agreeing with him.

"I-I guess. I-is there a nearby...town...?" She asked, a slight weariness in her voice. It permeated her body, hanging in the air as she spoke. It was clear as the brightest day, Cara wasn't thrilled about going anywhere near any town.