Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Did someone call a hero!? [Blink!]

Started by Medievarad, November 01, 2016, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"The choice of doing good, when you have the ability to be evil, is what makes a true hero," the cloaked figure said, walking next to Kamisonzai. The young boy shook his head with a soft sigh. "Well. I have the ability to completely crush this village in the distance.That's the ability to be evil, isn't it, Gamaziel?" The fallen angel wanted to retort, but instead opted for a defeated sigh, only nodding. "I.. That is true," the fallen angel, bound to his soul, answered. The magical shadow of the large cloak hid Gamaziel's face completely, but Kamisonzai knew exactly which face was associated to the conclusion of a debate that had been ongoing for two days.

He threw his hands up behind his neck, sighing softly. "You've grown stronger, by the way," Gamaziel piped up after a short while. "How long have you hold me summoned to this plane? More than a week now." Kamisonzai only shrugged indifferently as they made their way down to the village. "I noticed. I think I'm enough to keep you in a permament full body summon," he snorted softly. "But that's also because our souls are attuned," he added, Gamaziel only nodding. "I can't even full body summon Adramelech, because he's pure evil. It hurts me more than it should."

Gamaziel nodded. "I still cannot fathom why," he murmured. The boy shook his head. "No one touches my family," he hissed softly in response.

Blink

It was a beautiful afternoon as Jaela attempted to nap in a tree just off the path leading to Kunata. For some reason she found it quite pleasant in Thanatos and considered even staying a bit longer. So many interesting faces seemed to keep popping up here. Not to mention the fact that she was far away from any Black-Hearth duties that may be thrown her way, seemed as though they were having issues anyways. She recalled Kaida sending word of meeting a friend of hers named Amira. Even now thinking of it caused her to giggle just a bit, oh a treat that must have been.

Enjoying her sort of vacation she often found herself just lounging either in the sand or in a tree somewhere catching some warmth from the sun. Even the land here was so much more alive than back on the mainland, she could feel the energy of the earth pulsating so much stronger here. It were as if everything was more alive in Thanatos.

Her peaceful mindset was quickly disrupted by the chattering of someone, or at least two strangers passing by. Being the girl she was Jaela could not help by eavesdrop on their conversation. Something about being stronger and having been summoned to this plane. All words she had heard before in one way or another. Jumping down from her perch as silently as possible Jaela continued to follow them, trailing just behind not really trying to hide herself. It had been a good while since she had caused any mischief and it seemed that these two were about to lead her right to it.

The fact alone that they were both in cloaks seemed a bit off to her. It was so warm here that even she had altered her attire a tad to acclimate to the climate by leaving her cloak behind. What were they up to? Surely, if Jaela had her way she was bound to find out eventually.

Medievarad

The two kept walking, idly chattering about the weather, before they both stopped. Halting, silently. "Gamaziel," Kamisonzai started. The fallen angel nodded. "Bandits."

The pairman looked at a ransacked caraven, two destroyed wagons, corpses strewn about. A gasp left Kamisonzai as he saw someone who was still weakly breathing. And without a second though, he rushed to the mortally wounded man, kneeling by his side. A.large, black arrow stuck from the man's chest. Deipping with blood and a lucent, green liquid. Poison, of magical capabilities, no doubt.

There was nothing Kamisonzai, nor Gamaziel could do. "They're still here," Gamaziel murmured, sliding the eyes of the now dead man shut. As if on cue, an arrow whistled past his nose, missing him by but an inch.

Blink

Jaela continued to silently follow the two until she noticed a change in their behavior. Jumping off the path and behind a tree she very animalistically climbed upwards in an attempt to hide herself. She had been so distracted by their chattering of weather that she did not pick up on the bandits in the area. Giggling only loud enough for herself to hear she watched impatiently waiting for the scene to play out.

Like a child about to watch a show she brought her hands to her face in anticipation. "I just knew it!" she thought to herself. Jaela had a feeling from the beginning that following these two would lead to some kind of entertainment. It was at this moment she saw the arrow zip past one of them. This stirred a realization within her. She knew that if they had been spotted, then she could have been spotted before hiding herself. As if on cue an arrow sped at her from the right. Raising a brow she caught the arrow in mid air just inches from her face before smirking in the direction it came from.

Any other time Jaela would have responded with an attack, but she did not want to reveal herself to the strangers just yet. Instead she would opt for something less... extravagant. As if on cue she heard a bandit yell as he tripped to the ground. Hmm... wander if he lost his footing. He must have been feeling like that rock appeared out of no where.

Medievarad

It seemed like a more than sizeable band of brigands as they surfaced from the brushes and foilage surrounding both Gamaziel and Kamisonzai. All having a black handprint smeared across their face. "Aye, lads. Seems like we got anutha' lost li'l sheep 'ere," their presumed leader called, before snarling softly.

A flaming sword ignited from the hilt Gamaziel held up, raising himself in the air as his wings formed on his back. But the fallen angel knew that even he couldn't hold up with their numbers.

"Adremelech, king of fire. Lord of anger, I call thee," Kamisonzai stated as two large, runic circles appeared in the air above him, completely crimson. With a deafening roar, two chained, armoured arms shot forward from them, measuring at least twice as long as the tree Jeala was in. The giant arms followed the movements of Kamisonzai's and with Gamaziel's added help, the bandits became nothing but a bloody mess, several of them charred and even a choixe few completely turned to ashes.

The arms pulled backher into the magic circles with another enraged roar and Kamisonzai dropped to his knees, coughing up some blood. Gamaziel immediately rushed over to his summoner, holding him up.

Blink

Jaela watched in a bewildered state as the scene unfolded before her. "How magnificent!" she blurted out before covering her mouth with her palms. Jaela had seen a power similar to this before, it seemed as if fallen angels were appearing more and more lately. "I wander if Amira knows of this one...." she thought to herself before lowering her hands.

Jaela knew she had all but destroyed her cover as she jumped down from the tree, her earlier outburst would have been hard to go unnoticed. Making her way towards the victors she crossed her arms in front of herself, not able to hide the excitement on her face. "It seems as though you guys are more than just two travelers who talk about the weather." she spoke very matter of factually, not even acknowledging one of the men's current state.

By now they would know she had been following them for quite some time, how else would she know they were talking of weather only moments before. "I knew something was up with you two. No one walks around fully cloaked here unless they are up to something." Her attention only faltered slightly as one of the men had begun to cough up blood. "Poor dear seems to have strained himself..."

Jaela was coming off as judgmental, when in reality if she had stumbled upon the bandits before them she would be suffering the same level of exhaustion. She had always aligned herself as neutral, always following the clearly stronger side of any dispute. If she had felt the bandits stood a chance, she most likely would have sided with them after a few exchanges of blows between the parties.

However, now she could see this man was stronger than most she encountered, clearly someone she wanted to keep an eye on.

Medievarad

Gamaziel glanced up at her. Face covered by thick shadows. He didn't talk or humour Jaela with an answer. Instead, he got up and gripped the hilt on his side. Even if she didn't mean harm, his master was hurt and unable to fight properly. So he was at least wary to the purple eyed character that had appeared.

But his hand was stopped from drawing his, blade by Kamisonzai, who coughed and whinced softly. "If she meant harm," he breathed softly. "She would've attacked already.." Gamaziel nodded and withdrew to Kamisonzai's side. He glanced over to Jaela. "Seems like.. I did.. This hero stuff is exhausting," he stated withwith a soft grin.

Blink

She didn't even flinch when the other man gripped at his weapon, as if he were about to attack her as well. Instead she simply shot him an endearing smile as if daring him to try. She knew she could not beat an angel... but she wasn't going to let either of them know that.

Jaela's face softened... but only for a mere second as the man spoke. Once her face returned to its normal whimsical state she shrugged, turning on a foot facing away from the two. "Well perhaps next time you should not be so foolish as to over exert yourself."

Her point was very matter of fact. As her back was now facing them she let out a whistle, acknowledging the destruction that lay before her. "You two sure did handle yourselves well though... I will admit that."

"By the way..." turning back towards the two she began with her usual Jaela over dramatic bow, flipping one of her hands out as she introduced herself. "I am Jaela Uday... and it is certainly a pleasure meeting the two of you." she whipped herself back upright giggling at the men.

Medievarad

"It's my duty," Kamisonzai replied as he pushed himself up, only to be assisted by Gamaziel. "I'm impressed," the angel murmured. "I am still summoned and you also fought with that.. thing." Kamisonzai smirked softly and shook his head, before glancing at Jaela as she introduced herself.

"Thanks," Kamisonzai answered as he spat out some blood. The exertion would fade, the energy that harmed him before would start to heal him soon enough. It didn't make itboess painful however. "I'm.. Kamisonzai," he nodddd towards the angel. "This is Gamaziel,"he forced a faint smile. "The pleasure's mine."

Blink

She nodded at the two as they introduced themselves. "Well it is certainly a pleasure meeting you Gamaziel and Kamisonzai. And I assure you.. the pleasure is in fact mine." she raised a brow at them as if insinuating some kind of verbal battle won between them.

Jaela began to walk in a circle around them, not like stalking prey but more of taking in the sight of them from all angles. "So what brings you both to Kunata of Thanatos?"she paused to kick away a bit of rubble, no doubt made from the destruction the two had just created. "Could it be business... or perhaps pleasure?" she continued with her circling. "Or both?"

With her tone something mysterious lingered, as if she were hinting at something more.

Medievarad

"Then it's a mutual pleasure," Kamisonzai grunted softly, taking a deep breath as he leaned on his fallen angel. He still kept the creature summoned, which was quite the feat on his part. A soft huff came from Kamisonzai as Jaela started to circle the two, Gamaziel's hooded face following her every move.

Kamisonzai wasn't as on gaurd as Gamaziel was, he didn't have to. He'd be thoroughly informed by Gamaziel if she'd make a move. "Neither," Kamisonzai answered with a soft grin. "The people 'round here need a hero."

Blink

Jaela let out a light giggle before stopping with her circling of the two right in front of them. "A hero?" Raising a brow once more she simply lowered herself to the dirt crossing her legs in front of herself like a child. "Well based on what I just saw you seem quite capable of being the 'hero' these people need."

Her gaze then traveled towards Gamaziel, the one who could not seem to take his eyes off of her, but not in a flattering way. In typical Jaela fashion she was now determined to break the ice with this being. "If you keep staring at me like that I am going to begin to believe you can see through my clothes." Tilting her head to the side she winked at the summoned angel and then turned her sights back on Kamisonzai. "So is he always like this? Surely he should be able to tell by now that if I wanted to hurt you I would have already attempted to do so."

Medievarad

Kamisonzai smirked. "Finally, someone recognizes my talent," he answered with a soft chuckle. "And what brings a sight for sore eyes such as yourself to this forest?" He inquired as he took several steps back to slump back against a rock. Note to self; Don't be too suave when still recovering from ruptured organs.

Gamaziel made no answer, he merely kneeled down next to Kamisonzai, going on about soothing his master's pain with a kind of healing ability. He wasn't too proficient about it, but it was only to soothe the pain. "Yep," Kamisonzai answered as a soft, delighted smile appeared on his face. Gamaziel anesthetizing felt warm, fuzzy and comfortable. "He's more paranoid than me."

Blink

Squinting an eye Jaela watched as Kamisonzai struggled to stand, finding himself now leaned against a rock. She took note of this but kept quiet. Whether the two knew it or not she had been taking into account every action and reaction since the first moment she set her sights on them.

Not budging from her cross legged position on the ground she leaned back a bit on her hands as she answered his question. "I am on a bit of... a vacation you could say." That was how she had been regarding her status in Thanatos as of late. The Black-Hearth had not summoned her for duty for quite some time now. Turning the subject she continued. "So why here? I know hero's are needed all throughout the world. Why Thanatos?"

Medievarad

"A vacation from?" The young hero inquired with a soft frow., hissing softly in pain, which was soon answered by athe murmured apology from Gamaziel.

He glanced at Jaela and nodded slowly. "True, heroes are required everywhere, no reason inis particular we are here," he answered with a faint smile. It was partlh true. He came to Thanatos for one very simple reason, to hunt down a spirit that was wandering here, make a contract with it or set it free from whatever kept it in this plane of existence.

But she needn't know that. Most people he had met were wary, or even adverse, to the spirits that aided him.

Blink

Turning her gaze to the sky as if looking for something Jaela answered the mans question without fail. "A vacation from my work. You could say that I am a... private hired hand." Technically she was not lying in the least. She was a private hand to the Black-Hearth family. Matter of factually she was one of the few death guard soldiers to the youngest of the siblings, Kaida Black-Hearth. The family was known in some parts and unknown in others. Not yet had they really established themselves to the realm, but were not a force to be taken lightly either... dragon's never were.

Out of pure reflex Jaela shifted her right arm a bit, the very limb with the tattoo of the families insignia, partially hidden under a metal piece of jewelry on her upper arm. Her attention then turned back as Kamisonzai spoke of the reason of his being in Thanatos. "I know this all seems a bit rash as we have just met, but I have nothing else to do and you two are very interesting to me. Would you mind if I tagged along in your travels?"

Medievarad

"I see," Kamisonzai answered, feeling his strength return enough to push himself up straight, able to stand without the support of the boulder.

As Jaena posed the question, Kamisonzai smirked slowly. "I wouldn't mind, but," a soft chuckle followed. "I'm sure if I said no, you'd still pursue us."

Blink

As Kamisonzai pushed himself off the boulder Jaela stood up from her position on the ground. "I would like to think of it more as silently following..."

Winking at the two she turned on her foot to face away from them. "I am not much for pursuing. That would mean I am after you. And since I most certainly am just a curious civilian, I believe the better term would be follower."

Turning on her foot back towards them she shot a warm smile in a way of showing no harm. "So should we allow a day for your wounds to heal or set out now?"

Medievarad

"Stalking, eh?" Kamisonzai answered with a soft smirk. "I'm good looking, but there's no need for that." He chuckled softly, before glancing at Gamaziel. "I'll take it from here, Gamaziel, go rest," he stated. The angel nodded and slowly dissipated in a white summoning circle, a brilliant light emitted.

"Let's just head out," Kamisonzai answered. "Without Gamaziel, I'll heal faster."

Tags: