Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eckhart and Kino travel south (closed)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 04, 2016, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

"Althris."

She heard Eckhart's mispronunciation of her name, but didn't really care. She was back at the fire, finishing off the venison. Even though she had eaten, she still felt like she was starving, the side effect of the months she had spent trapped Qerneth's domain.

Once the meat was gone, she turned towards Egon.

"I forgot to ask earlier, but where is this?"

Corsad

"It's good knowing you, Mr.Eckhart. My name is Rei."

Made a light bow at Eckhart's direction, Rei then turned toward the mage, Althris. He had thought they were a team but it seem like they weren't.

"And for your question, Miss Althris. We are at Fallial, near Willow Wood to be exact." said Rei as he started walking back to the forest "Anyway, I need process and strip the materials from the owlbear that I killed. If anything happen, just shout and I will run back."

Morgan Droud

"Willow Wood..."

The name was unfamiliar to her, but that was to be expected. Since she arrived at the tower as a child, all she had been doing was studying in the library. And that was mostly stories of Gods and legends of other powerful beings, with little note on geography.

"How far is that from Connlaoth?"

Corsad

"Far. It's on the other side of the mountain range. The northern one, not this one." Rei yelled back before the wood covered him. 

Grimm

Egon had at the point started putting wood in the fire pit once more. The fire having gone out during the massive commotion."I wouldn't go near Connlaoth if I where you." he said as he began rubbing two sticks together."They don't tend to take too kindly to people with abilities like yours." Egon said as he concentrated on the fire."Plenty of other places to visit in this world." Egon added as he got a fire started before standing up.

Egon then looked to Althris."So, where did you come from?" he asked before looking over to a dead owl bear. That thing was going to require some work, owl bears were big after all he thought.

Morgan Droud

"Well..."

She had to think about it for a while. She could easily go back to the Tower now that she was back on the proper plane of reality, but as Egon had said, there were plenty of other interesting places she could visit.

"Yeah, I'll do that then. Do you all mind if I travel with you for a while?"

She asked as she looked around the devastated woods.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart took a while to process that last question. "Well... I..."
"Come on man, just tell her no. You're not obligated to be nice to her."
"...I..."
"Don't do this now Eckhart, just say no. It's just one word."
"...Uhhhhhhh..."
"You'd better not screw this up, you'll have to learn how to turn people down eventually."
"I-I'll ask Kino when she wakes up!"
"..."

"This is going to be really long journey, isn't it?"

Alize

Kino's consciousness slowly rose through the slushy miasma that lies somewhere between "awake" and "she's frickin' dead, dude." As she floated upwards towards awareness, she heard bits and snippets of the conversation. Finally, she surfaced into that comfy realm where one finds most of their cognitive faculties working but has yet to remember that they ought to be in a tremendous amount of pain.

"The more the merrier," echoed the words from the prone apothecary's mask.

"Wait, did I just choke a 10-foot owlbear with my legs? I'm a goddamned badass."

Kino's consciousness surfaced completely.

"OwOwOwOwOuchOuchOwOwOwOuchDamnOwOw..."

"Um, any of you guys have Arnica petals on you?"

Corsad

Collected his arrows from the monster's body, Rei then let out a dejected thinking about the next part. Took out his knife, he thought about what part he could take with him and what need to be buried. For starter, the fang, claws and eyes were collected and put inside his pouch while the palms were hanged by his belt. The skin was not perfect due to his removal skill and the arrow mark, but it should still sell for a bit. Rei then lamented for lack of stream running nearby as he cut off blocks and pieces of meat from the owlbear's body.

"It will be sticky and stink tomorrow" Muttered Rei as he continued with his work.

As he reached the monster rib cage, Rei took a quick peek around to make sure no one is near before he took out the heart, willed it to fluid and flew inside a new glass bottle.

"Should be enough for 21 words, not too shabby". Hung the bottle inside one in his cloak's inner pockets, Rei then finished off the remain works, buried the intestines. Finally, he headed back to where everyone were, collected branches and some beefsteak leaves on the way for their dinner.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Upon hearing Kino's request, Eckhart began rummaging through Kino's things. He felt like a creep for doing so, but it was necessary if Kino wanted to feel anything but pain for the time being. "Shit, looks like she doesn't have any painkillers either" he thought. Eckhart realized he would have to scavenge for herbs if he wanted to alleviate Kino's pain. Grumbling under his breath, he set off into the wind-torn forest.

Grimm

Egon blinked looking at Althris then looked to Kina and Eckhart."Oh, we are traveling together then?" he asked with a pause."Eh, I don't see any issue with that." he said looking to Althris."Not sure how long I will tag along." he said before giving a stretch and a yawn. He would then look over to Kino feeling a bit bad for em, he didn't have any pain killers on him only stuff to stop bleeding.

Alize

"Egon, would you mind keeping an eye on Eckhart?" Kino croaked. "And remind him to look for Wood Sorrel along with the Arnica. I'll be fine until yo- ergh - until you two get back."

Sitting up enough to see who else was hanging around the now trampled campsite, she said, "It was... Althris, right? You did something with divine myths?" She then looked over to Rei. "And I don't believe we've met. It's a - *cough* - a pleasure. Kino Vanden. Sorry if I can't shake your hand." She waggled her sling in a comically theatrical manner.

Morgan Droud

"Pleasure to meet you all. I already introduced myself, but yeah, it's Althris. Minor goddess of something and Apprentice Scholar of the 13th Tower, specialty of Myths."

Glancing over at the fire, her stomach rumbled, and she looked back at them.

"Is there any more food?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart picked through the remains of the forest looking for something, anything, that could be used as a painkiller. While doing so, he mused over what was wrong with Althris.  "It's like she uprooted every tree withing two miles" he said to himself. "Why? Because Kino fell on her? Why is everybody being nice to her?" His grumbling was interrupted by a welcome sight. "Elderberries! Awwwwww yeah, now we're cooking."  Eckhart meant this literally, he would have to stew these if he wanted to remove the toxicity from the berries to make them into medicine for Kino. Excited to get started, he hurried back to the campsite.

Corsad

"Oh, you are awaken now." Saw both Althris and Kino sitting at the bonfire, Rei stepped closer and drop down his loots. "Don't worry, I mean you no harm. My name is Rei, Mr.Eckhart and I introduced to each other earlier but you were unconscious during that."

Took a sit next to Althris, Rei handed her a branch and took one for himself. "Anyway, can you help me with this, Miss Althris? Just remove the bark and then burn the sap of that branch, then cover the meat with these beefsteak leaves and stick them through it. Finally, just stab them next to the fire and we have some roasted meat ready soon enough."

Moved onto the next branch, Rei turned his head to Kino.

"And you don't need to do anything Miss Kino. Your concussion might come back if you moved around too much, I will have some foods ready for you soon."

Alize

"Good t'meet you both" said Kino, an invisible smile forming behind her mask.

"What brings the two of you to this fine area of the woods?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Arriving back at the campsite, Eckhart placed the berries in his mortar and began to crush them into a fine pulp.  After about five minutes, he bunched the berries in his hands and squeezed out the remaining liquid. Tossing the elderberry juice left his mortar into the forest, he began to rummage through his bag for the small pot he carried with him. After filling it with water from his flask, he put the crushed elderberries inside and covered the pot with it's lid. Walking over to the fire, he sat down and held the pot over the fire.

Eckhart loved to cook. It was one of the only things he was confident in his ability to do well, and seeing people enjoying the food he made was one of the only things guaranteed to boost Eckhart's fragile self-esteem. Unfortunately, Eckhart knew from experience that the medicine he was making tasted awful, so Kino's first impression of his cooking would likely be tainted. "No worries" Eckhart thought with a small smile, "I'll just have make shepherds pie after this, people fucking love my shepherds pie."

"Give me about an hour Kino, this needs to stew before it can be ingested." Smiling at her, he said "Wouldn't it suck if I accidentally killed you with the medicine I made?"

Corsad

Gave a nod to acknowledge Eckhart's return. Rei then went back to tend the fire.

"Well, I'm here just to gather some money for my trip. The bartender at Willow Wood
did say that this place has quite a bit of wild life around."

Alize

"Yeah, it would suck, Ecks" Kino gave a weak cough before continuing. "Accidentally killing one of your patients might even disqualify you from World's Greatest Healer status," she teased. Almost as an afterthought she added "And I'd be dead, too. Dunno if I'm quite ready for that just yet."

Letting Eckhart busy himself with his elderberries, she turned towards Rei. "I'm no tracker, but I've seen a fair few deer prints around these parts myself. Game around here ought to be plentiful." She paused. "What kinda trip you got planned, friend?"

Corsad

"Since Serendipity is my father's home country, I just want to take a look around I guess." Scratching his head, Rei continue on. "After that, I'm planning to go to Ketra in Adela since I'm always getting some interesting thing like rare weapon, Grimoire, potions or herb due to all the trading happened there back when I was a child."