Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eckhart and Kino travel south (closed)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 04, 2016, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsad

"So your Tower deals with gods? Are there any other gods in that Tower of your?" Finished of his stick and threw it into a fire, Rei thought about it for a few seconds before added another question. "Are you a god yourself since you managed to escape his's realm?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart leaned back a bit and grimaced. "Hold your temper Eckhart, you can do this." Letting out a sigh, Eckhart tried again. "...Alright. I'm from Hyoite, we don't get a lot of news up there" he lied. "Messengers die on their way up there all the time. This tower, I've never heard of it. Is it... new?"

Morgan Droud

"No, Esderand said the Tower was thousands of years old. And apparently the only people who knew about it are the Scholars and whoever stumbles across it."

After finishing her second skewer, she looked over, but there were none left.

"And I don't really know about any gods at the Tower. Mirian said a few have visited from time to time, but generally don't stay long."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere." Eckhart thought. "She's part of some secret society of librarians."

"Ok, thank you for clarifying" he said. "But you still haven't told us why you were pestering an old god."

Morgan Droud

"I wasn't. I was reading some old stories in the Tower's Library when a giant glowing hand grabbed me and dragged me over to him."

Alize

"And why would the hand do that?" Kino asked earnestly. Sane or not, this Althris was turning out to be quite the interesting character.

Morgan Droud

"I dunno, it just grabbed me and I ended up in front of Qerneth. A lot seemed to be happening around then, and that's probably the reason no one noticed me missing."

Althris stared into the fire, lost in thought. Now that she thought of it, an large amount of arcane energy seemed to surge when she finished the passage. It seemed possible that may have been the cause.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Althris seemed to have stopped her story there. Years of living with his older sister had taught Eckhart what a lie sounded like, and this wasn't one. He was made a bit uncomfortable by this fact, so he tried to change the subject.

Looking to Kino, he asked "How's that medicine treating you? Is it working?"

Corsad

"Anyhow, what about you guys, Kino, Eckhart and Egon? What brought you to this woods?"

Alize

"The remedy's helping," replied Kino. "Still ain't perfect, but I've been in worse shape. Thanks again, Ecks."

She turned towards Rei. "Eckhart and I met a few days ago. There was a... mutual misunderstanding with the local constabulary, and it became apparent that a very impromptu camping trip was in order. We were just setting out towards Connlaoth when we ran into Egon."

The alchemist paused. "Whereabouts were you headed to?"