Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished [Open by Request]

Started by DragonSong, November 06, 2016, 08:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

[Open by request, please PM! <3]

Her gloved fingers tapped impatiently against the table as her eyes scanned the tavern warily. Della huffed out a breath and took another sip of her drink, wrinkled her nose at the taste once again, and pushed it away from herself.

For good this time, she thought, though she knew she was probably kidding herself. She'd been through two mugs already waiting for her contact, and she was finally starting to feel the drinks' effects. Rancid the ale may have been, but it was certainly strong.

Gods, how late was this guy gonna be? She'd been paid for a meeting, so she'd stick it out, but with every passing minute she mentally hiked up her price for the job- regardless of what it turned out to be. A serving girl passed back her table and she shrank a little further into her hooded cloak, making sure the folds wrappped around her completely. Tall boots and long gloves helped to hide her...oddities from prying eyes, but if she wasn't careful she knew she tended to draw more attention than she would have liked.

She was pulled from her brooding thoughts by a small commotion a few tables away. Her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed as she watched three rather intoxicated men grab the girl who had just passed her by the arm and try to urge her into a seat at their table. She couldn't quite hear what was said over the commotion of the tavern, but it was clear the young woman wanted nothing to do with them, jerking her arm away and attempting to be on her way.

Another of the men grabbed her around the waist. Della jerked her eyes away. It was fine- this was Zantaric, she highly doubted the girl couldn't take care of herself. Still, she found her attention flicking back to the table every few minutes. She even noticed the man behind the bar- who she assumed owned the establishment- glancing over with a small frown.

So this wasn't exactly normal. Maybe the girl usually made quick work of such advances. But it was clear her employer had not real invested interest in helping her either.

Finally the words reached her ears as the girl raised her voice. "I said let go you swine-fu-!"

A sharp crack resounded and Della was on her feet. A few people glanced over as the server reeled from the slap, stunned, and was pulled onto one of the men's laps, but no one moved.

"Who's gonna make me, lass?" the man growled as he tightened his grip on her. Della was in earshot now, stalking to stand beside the table.

"I believe that'd be me," she growled. Her hand snapped out and hauled the girl to her feet, putting the smaller body behind her as the drunken louts blinked at her, confused. "Get outta here," she hissed, and without a word the young woman hustled back to the bar.

One of the men- apparently the most vocal- stood and growled back at her, "Who the fuck do ya think ya are? This was a private matter."

No point in attempting to talk this through, at least not that she could see. With an internal sigh, Della cocked her arm back and delivered a solid left hook to his jaw. The man reeled and his friends jumped to their feet, shouting. One dove to tackle her and she sidestepped, but he clipped her shoulder and threw off her balance.

Lightning crackled at her fingertips and she thrust her hand into the third man's chest, making him shriek and stagger back. The first man took advantage of her distraction to punch her hard in the gut. She was thrown back a few paces, knocking a table over and nearly ending up in another patron's lap.

"Sorry," she muttered as her hood fell back, catching for a moment on her horns, and leaped back into the fray.

Morgan Droud

Morgan didn't normally drink. He didn't really understand why anyone would willingly hamper their thoughts with such a tasteless liquid, yet he was here, and he was right. It was as bad as he had expected.

Not only the drink for that matter. Soon after finishing the first half of his mug, his table was sent flying as a woman crashed into it, and the rest of the drink was given to the wooden floor below him. The woman's hood came off, and he noted the pair of horns gracing her skull. She quickly recovered however, and lunged at a nearby group of men.

Sighing, he got to his feet and brushed off his coat. He could care less about the alcohol, but he was enjoying the meal, and whoever was responsible for ruining it would most assuredly pay.

DragonSong

Della was grabbed by the front of her cloak and thrown into another body. She didn't bother to register who it was before she sent electricity sparking from every inch of her skin, shocking her assailant backward with a cry.

That was when the most sober of the group seemed to realize this was no ordinary bar thug. He took in her horns, her skin, her eyes, and took a frightened step back.

"Devil witch," he hissed at her.

She smirked. "Sweetheart, you have no idea." Her hand flew up and lightning crackled from her fingers to arc into his chest.

Morgan Droud

Stepping forward, Morgan grabbed the woman's shoulder and pulled her back, a stream of lightning from her finger just missing the man before her.

"Listen."

In the brief interlude he had created, he took the moment to address them, and state his complaint.

"If you all feel so inclined as to injure yourselves fighting between each other, that's fine. But please do so in a manner that shall NOT. INTERFERE. WITH. MY. MEAL."

He took that moment to finish off by materializing a few swords in the air, and letting them impale the ground just in front of those who had been fighting.

DragonSong

Della hissed, catlike, and shrugged out of his hold. The magic was impressive, sure, but she was hardly in the mood to be impressed.

"Fuck off, kid," she spat. "I hardly saw you jumping to help when it was needed, don't you dare give me a lecture."

The men, stunned into passive silence for a moment, started moving toward her again and she flung her hand out without turning to look at them.

This time the spell was verbal, a quickly shouted string of syllables in a language older than the mountains that struck each man in the chest with a quick burst of lightning. They all collapsed, unconscious.

"Here." She grabbed at the pockets of her robes and tossed a handful of coins at the irritated man. "Enjoy your damn meal." She flipped her hood up and moved toward the door.

Morgan Droud

"That's what I was trying to do..."

Taking the coins, Morgan returned to his seat, but the stares from the surrounding patrons was making him uncomfortable. He could care less about the fight, yes, but now the atmosphere was ruined. Tossing payment down on the table, he pulled his hood lower, and left.

DragonSong

Della paused once she'd slipped outside. Raining. Of course it was raining. She adjusted her cloak and kept moving, head down both to keep her features hidden and to avoid the steady stream of water pattering off her shoulders and head.

Gawfy

Janne Left from the 2nd Church in Town empty handed, Again. The man he was looking for eluded him once again. He started walking around town thinking where to look next. Not looking where he was going he bumped into a Hooded woman knocking her down. Good heavens!, Many apologies miss Janne said as he Held his hand out to help her up.

Magyar

Aohdei stood ramrod straight as soon as the hooded girl stormed out of the bar. He'd had no intention to help the serving wench, but this horned girl intrigued him. Pushing his way out of the now much noisier tavern, he caught the door before it closed.

The other child, perhaps a girl, who had summoned the swords was also outside, but she (he?) was of no concern. The girl he was focused on however, was being helped up by... a black knight.
How cliche. What's next, a wizard in a blue starry hat? thought Aohdei, and approached them both.

He put on a smooth voice, the one he used when speaking to children, and stepped between them, saying, "Oh, not a problem at all. My daughter and I shall be off now, thank you." He gripped the girl's arm tightly, pulling her to her feet, and whispered without moving his lips, "Come with me. I need to ask you some pertinent questions."