Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Noble(?) Beasts [Draconian!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, November 13, 2016, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Tag to @Draconian
M tag given due to the nature of the thread. I imagine at least gore.
----------

Acacius let out a soft sigh as he glanced about the nest of hatchling dragons and still unhatched eggs at his feet. This was wrong. This was disgustingly wrong. He was sent to dispatch of a dragon, which seemed no different from the usual. He was after all, a trained dragonslayer.

But it turned out this particular drake was feminine. And only fighting to protect her nest. He glanced over his shoulder at the massive, felled creature, blood pooling at his feet. It was easier whenin he waswas younger. Less hesitance. More kill or be killed situations. This was just an execution. The female drake barely put up what he'd consider a fight. It was a desperate attempt to protect her young.

And that was why it was wrong. This wasn't the scourge to a nearby village. This wasnt one of the monsters he was led to loathe when growing up and training as a dragonslayer.

No. This was a mother, merely trying to protect her children. A soft, cynical chuckle came from the knight clad in gold. The large spear resting on his shoulder, loosely balanced by his hand.

What would happen to these cubs now?

Draconian

Luna pressed her hand to her chest and breathed deeply, fighting off the tears and pain and the sense of dread and hopelessness. She was fucked. Completely and utterly fucked. Why'd they send her off on her own? Not even Ixt was here. Probably snoozing in a pile of hay fat on sheep. Luna pressed the back of her hand to her face before she sucked in a breath and stood up, shirt ripped and bloody.

The metal armor was torn open and it remained against the tree while she shuffled away, frantic. A little dizzy from bloodloss. Lune pushed her head back, panting heavily through the pain.

It wasn't until she saw the dead body of the beast that did this to her that she finally paused. In an act of desperation she'd gone to find it so it could finish her off. Now it was dead. Luna choked back a sob and fell to her knees, hand pressed to the wound and letting her head fall forward in despair. Her long white hair had been stained red, her clothing was torn and ruined.

Finally, blearly, she looked up and there, in gold.

"Help..." Her hand reached out and she felt the curious nibble of a baby dragon at her finger tips, wincing when it turned into a curious taste from the baby. How hadn't she seen him before? Or her, she supposed. No doubt the wound would get infected, but... Just a little bit of help. "Please..." She whispered, slowly sinking down to the ground.

Medievarad

The warm sun of the noon made his armour shine brilliantly through the spots painted crimson from his fight with the maternal dragon earlier. Yet he wasn't hurt at all, an act of desperation was more than often very inaccurate.

In the aftermath of the battle, lost in thought, Acacius didn't hear the severely wounded human. It wasn't untill she croaked out her plea for help that his thoughts were interrupted. He turned to her and tied the spear to his back, jogging to close the small distance that was left between them.

He slapped the baby dragon that was found nibbling on her fingers. Hard enough toto stagger it to pull it away, but not tooto hard to actuallyget permamently hurt the critter. The whispered plea was heard clearly by Acacius and one arm snaked underneath her armpjt toto keep her from sinking to the floor. His other arm went toto the back of her knees, before slowly pulling her up in his arms. He knew moving her around was a bad idea, but it was an even worse idea to leave was like this. Acacius was prideful and righteous, he wouldn't leave a hurt soul to their own devices.

It was a relative short walk to his camp, which was safely tucked away inside a cave. Yet it took him longer with the hurt woman in his arms, making sure to be tender and bot make her wounds any worse than they were.

He laid her down on his bedroll and pulled off his helmet, putting it down next to the small, flakkering fire that had dimly lit the cave. It was sparked backk to life by sendignng a surge of electricity through one of the coals.

Acacius gripped the blood soaked shirt and ripped it to shreds, discarding the bloody cloths to the side. He leaned forward to examine her wounds, taking a clean cloth in hands. He grabbed his satchel and dipped the nuzzle of the flask against the cloth and started toto wipe away the blood around the wound for better view, making sure not to touch her wounds in the process.

Draconian

There must have been a few moments where she had passed out because she didnt know where she was or who she was with. Just the dull pain across her chest, the cold air on her flesh. Skin white as snow was a stark contrast to the dark of her blood and Luna stared up at nothing before she reached a hand fo rest on the strangers arm.

"thank you," she breathed, eyes falling closed again.

then she frowned and looked at him, pain pulling her features tight. A frown on her forehead while her lips remained stoic. A failed effort to hide the pain. "Who are you?"

Medievarad

He made a soft sushing sound and gripped her hand with his. "Rest now, answer will come later," he advised. "This.. Will hurt," he warned, taking out a thread and needle, aswell as a small stick, which he put in Luna's mouth. "So you don't shatter your teeth."

At that, he pulled out a tincture and uncorked it, pouring alcohol over the wound. And without another word, he set about sewing the wounds shut, regardless of her pain. This was for her own good, after all.

Draconian

Shatter?

Luna's anxiety rose and she took the stick between her teeth, blue eyes full of panic. White blonde hair clung to the cold sweat on her forehead. The scream was muffled but she stayed still, then she was quiet and still. Her little brain unable to handle the pain of being sewn together.

The dreams were odd and featured her new friend eating her chest.

Medievarad

Acacius felt the sweat drip down his forehead. By no means was he completely confident in his ability to patch up wounds. Most of his experience consisted of self applied treatment. And most of this treatment finished with a 'good enough'. But, this was another person.

He sat back after he had done what seemed like a monumental task, taking a deep breath and wiping away sweat from his brow. Only to streak blood across his forehead. He took the tincture again and once again, poured some over the wound, before he started to bandage it up.

He glanced at the girl again, leaning over to see whether she was awake or not.

Draconian

Luna's eyes snapped open and she stared, confused, before she wanted to curl up and cry. Sure enough there were tears in her eyes and she moved a hand to her chest.  She wasnt sure if she was more worried about being topless - she wasnt even betrothed! Or the fact the man had blood on his head.

"I..." eye contact. Luna looked away quickly, remaining still despite how much she wanted to move." You saved me," she whispered, " it hurts a lot but... thank you." Then her eyes drifted closed again, though sleep did not claim her.

Medievarad

Acacius let out a soft breath as she spoke. It was a telltale sign she'd be fine. And her chest was now neatly bandaged up as well.

He shook his head. "Don't thank me, I did what was right," he answered. "Acacius, I'm Acacius, by the way."

Draconian

Luna smiled.

"I am Luna," she said softly, lifting a hand to touch the strangers cheek, "Its nice to meet you." Though she squeezed her eyes shut and started to sit up, struggling on pain wearied limbs. "I have to go," she panted, "where's my armor." Then she frowned and looked around, her white rope of a brain curled behind her, "do you know how this happened?"

Medievarad

"Sadly we don't meet under better circumstances," Acacius answered. He scurried forward, putting a surprisingly tender hand on her shoulder. "Don't," he answered, softly trying to push her down again. "You need rest," he answered, pulling up a leather flask. "And drink," he offered, bringing it up against her lips.

The hand on her shoulder, rather than pushing her down, now circled around her back to support her.

Draconian

Luna sighed, shivered and let her head fall forward.

This wasnt how she saw her day going.

Luna gave a weary glance to the stranger and she moved a hand to itch her face. Gratefully taking the drink, she sipped to wet her mouth and then licked her lips. "Wouldnt happen to have anything harder would you?" It was worth a try.

Medievarad

"Only water," he answered with a soft frown. "Or the alcohol I treated you with, if you decide you want to burn your throat out," he jested, slowly adjusting his own pose to sit more comfortably. "We should find you a healer. Or this will scar horrendously," he murmured softly, taking a deep breath.

Draconian

Luna gave a tired wrinkle of her nose.

She did not want to burn out her throat.

A glance around and she looked a little helpless.

"It took me a while to get here," she said in a husky voice, "where do you suppose we go to find a healer?" Not that she minded a scar. She let her hand hover over her chest, wincing when the wound throbbed with her heartbeat. "Whats wrong with scars?"

Medievarad

"Be careful," Acacius hissed, before taking a deep breath. "Nothing is," he answered, shaking his head softly. "I just thought you might wanted to," he explained. "Either way, you should rest up here before anything else."

Draconian

Luna gave him a weary sleepy look before she gave a rather violent shudder. "why are you up here?" She breathed, voice weak, clearly needed rest. This area was covered in dragons though, and while she couldnt quite prove herself... clearly this man was capable. "Are you a knight? Your armor isnt... uniform."

Medievarad

"I was hired to dispatch of a troublesome dragon," he answered, grimacing slightly at her shudder. "I'm sort of a knight. But the official title is Dragonslayer," he explained. And with a soft whince, he tried to let her lie down again, as gentle as he could.

Draconian

"I didnt know we had those," she breathed out, wincing, teeth clenching. Eventually she managed to lay down again, a cold sweat set on her face again and she blow out the breath carefully. "Thanks," she sighed, eyes closing and she pressed her palm to his cheek. "I owe you, huh?" She gave a weary smile and did her best not to fall asleep, "Acacius," she started, "where are you from."

Medievarad

"Not sure who you mean with 'we'," he let out a soft chuckle. "I am just a mercenary," he offered with a wry smirk. "You owe me nothing."

"I was born in Serendipity. But now I just roam," he answered. "But rest, Luna, you need it. I'll guard you."

Draconian

We?

Had she said we?

Oh. We. Adela. Luna opened her mouth to say that but all that came out was a sort of pained grunt. Her hand hovered over her chest for a moment before she let her eyes fall closed, reaching a hand out to grab some part of him - his wrist if she could reach it - for comfort. "Thank you," She breathed, eyes falling closed, "I'll be fine," her voice drained away, "I'll just... rest a bit."