Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Follow the Silver Thread Road?

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2006, 11:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Two figures walked through the silent forest in the dimming light. One of them, the silver-haired one, grumbled something that was almost, but not quite a curse. A tree decided to get up close and personal with her face.
   â€œI hate mornings,â€? she said in a dangerous tone. Her companion would have laughed had she not been in so much pain. She winced. “You okay, Mae?â€?
   â€œI’m afraid that we’re the closest ones. She did say that she had a sick kid with her,â€? Maeve replied. “The moon’s fading pretty quickly. Just use your powers to see if we can get to her in time. My uterus is leaking, and I’m tired,â€? she snapped.

Infinity muttered something, but Maeve didn’t care what it was. The silver-haired female closed her eyes, and after a while an silver carpet seemed to unfold, dying everything in its wake the same color. It would be invisible to most people, but they could see it as plainly as the irritating rising sun.

â€œHow’s that, mage?â€? Mae looked at it dubiously.
   â€œWon’t it disappear when the sun rises?â€? she asked, yawning.
   â€œNo. I’ve attached it to her aura. So unless our little princess of poison dies on us, it’ll stay. Now all we need to do is find an alternate form of transportation,â€? she said, moving forward.

â€œYou didn’t think of that before? Ty, you IDIOT!â€?
   â€œLike you thought of anything,â€? she pointed out angrily. “Look, I don’t care what’s coming out of your uterus. We’re walking unless we get lucky.â€?

â€œFollow the silver brick road!" Mae chirped. A moment later, an elbow asked how her face was doing. "What the...?!"
       "Sing that again, and you won't just be bleeding from your uterus. Now come on," Ty demanded. They both followed the trail of silver, grumbling quite a bit about the increasing amount of light.

Anonymous

Bah. That was supposed to be by me.   :x

Anonymous

The twisting pleasure and pain from changing to her alternative form still writhed inside every muscle, vibrating, blood singing as she tore flesh from bone of the rabbit. She lapped at her muzzle, tongue sliding over her teeth, along the white bones of her prey, lavishing the residue of flesh and blood. But her ears caught voices - not very happy ones at that. Her ears twitched and she pushed herself from her laying position on the damp ground. Her nostrils flared and her head tilted, large ears flickering. In two strides she was upon them, staring at them from a large shrub. While she apepared a natural wolf in most ways except for longer legs, longer toes and larger ears - it was still noticeable if you took care to observe the differences between a loup-garou, or her, and a natural wolf.

They seemed rather interesting, and she was bored of solitary lifestyle. Even though, really, wolves weren't created to travel alone. And neither was she, and boredom prevailed over lonliness and sadness. And right now she had two people that were about to become her victims. But something was different about them. But since she was only half paying attention to them she couldn't really pinpoint what it was. It was like vaguely knowing a rabbit or some animal was a few yards away on a lazy summer's day when you just couldn't bear to do anything more than lying their, tongue lolling.

But in either case she slipped away from the edge, changing back, gasping as the feelings reoccured, the sensational tensing and releasing of powerful muscles. But in any case she quickly pulled on her clothing, pulling leaves from her blonde hair, tying it back with a thin strp of rawhide, light green eyes glimmering with the reflection of the forest. In no more than minutes she wore her clothing - leather boots, breeches, and a loose, yellowed-white shirt. They were dirty, despite their cleaning but most of the time she travelled on paw, so it didn't matter. Pulling on her back that she hid away she returned to her position, watching them before sliding from the shrubs. Really, it didn't matter to her if she annoyed them, scared them, or just plain bothered them. Because she had nothing on her agenda - although they seemed to have something on their's.

"Why, hello..." She said, trotting up and easily coming even with them.

Anonymous

Upon seeing the what looked to be a wolf, Mae jumped and shrieked. She hadn't been expecting anything to be there.
  "God, Mae. Could you be any louder?" Ty snapped. She stopped and beheld the creature that had surprised Mae.

It changed before their eyes into a humanoid form.
  "Hi," Ty responded mechanically, yawning without meaning to. "Look, we're kinda in a hurry. Unless you can get us to where we're going faster, go away." Though she wasn't the one suffering menstrual cycles, she was the more cross of the two...at the moment, anyway.

Mae stepped up beside her friend, her reddish-brown hair getting caught in a branch. She picked it out with patience that was incredibly unusual for her, and stared blankly at whatever the being before them was.
  "We really do have to hurry," she said.

The mage felt light-headed and before she realized what was happening, found herself on the forest floor. The next set of events all happened at once, it seemed. Several trees uprooted themselves, and launched through the air, and Ty saw her friend getting ready to sneeze as she ducked the natural rockets.

"Aw, crap! You'd better move!" she called to the other creature as she scrambled a good yard away from the sickly girl on the ground. Moments later, the sneeze came, and the brush beneath Mae's body caught fire. It spread to where Infinity had been standing, and continued to do so rather quickly.

"Sorry," the mage grumbled, and sniffled. She waved a hand and the trees returned to where they were, and the fire simply disappeared. It had been a colder morning than they expected, and it looked as if the fire mage wasn't well.

"What a terrible time to catch a cold," Ty muttered, tying her irritating long hair behind her in a ponytail. She turned to the female from before, after hoisting a very unsteady mage to her feet. "Unless you've got anything terribly important to say, We'll leave. As you can see, my friend is dangerous when she's not feeling well."

We have no transport, Mae's voice reminded in Infinity's mind.
I'm not a big fan of teleporting places to which I've never been, but it can't be helped now. You'll set the whole forest on fire if I don't get us out of here, she mind-replied.

Anonymous

Maj was more amused then anything, peeling away from the sickly mage with a bemused expression on her face. She studied the duo, humor glittering her cool, hard light green eyes. She stared at them - and it was easy to see how roughened she was, solid muscle and sharp edged. While she was rather lax in disposition, it was how she naturally came off. She had seen and been through alot, it said. And they didn't faze her, not even their unenthused voices. She licked her lips, almost eyeing them as a tastey morsel.

"Don't mind me. Apparently she's sick, the dear mage," her voice came out like a husky purr, thick with amusement as she stared at them.

"Do you know which way you're going? I could probably get you there twice as fast... I've lived in this forest for awhile now," Maj said, looked at her fingers that tapered into long, long claws.

She brushed back an unruley blonde tendril, glancing around the quiet forest, listening to the voices of everything. It all sang, the forest. It all called, it all told a story. The insects swarmed the air, touching upon rough tree bark, birds hung like soft shadows, their melodies chiming with the sweet, sweet serenade, what she'd rise to in the morning, their scents heavy in her nostrils, and fall asleep too, staring at the star encrusted night sky blotted by thick boughs.

These people had no true right in this forest. They didn't seem, nor smell, able to change into furred creatures that stalked and sang in the night. They didn't belong in the woods, treading along the damp ground. They should be far from the forest as possiblem, Maj thought. Far, far far away from here and to whatever destination they were supposed to be.

Anonymous

Ty sighed, and ignored the bemused comment on her best friend's health.
  "We're looking for an angel. She would look like a winged child dressed in white. Long, light brown hair, fair skin, and eyes bluer than the sky. Seen anybody like that?" she asked.

That was all they really needed to know. Time was slipping through their fingers, and there was no way of knowing how Khja would act. She was unpredictable, and Infinity suspected that she would not appear in her regular form, or Kat wouldn't trust her.

As long as they got there first, Kat would be safe. She wouldn't dare attack with witnesses present. The silver-haired Moon Elf was on guard. For all she knew, this she-wolf could have been help to Khja, sent to stall them.

Her midnight blue eyes settled on Maj, seeming to echo the question that she had just asked.

Anonymous

Maj studied them, turned her face to the woods and inhaled through her nose, nostrils flaring as a flood of scents poured through her nose, her mind registering and discarding, filing and hiding away the pieces of information that swam through her mind, her memory as she glanced around, her mind filtering through her memories. They were often broken when she was fleshed in a wolf, course fur to protect vulnerable skin. She thought and remembered - white dress, wings, and youth. It was peculiar, she thought. Her light green eyes flickered back to Infinity.

"Yes. In these woods," was what she said, her face showering both slight bewilderment - a child?

"Wings. I remember how odd it was, thinking on fours, a giant bird but it turned out to be a child," she murmured, remembering feathers clearly as the other details seemed to allude her brain.

It was a problem, travelling as wolf. Information would hide in shadow and mystery, sometimes the pieces of information would never fit and sometimes months later they'd fit together so perfectly it was a wonder why she didn't get it before then. But that was the workings, how fractured her mind could be. Whether it was loups-garous as a whole, or simply her, she wasn't quite sure and she wasn't all that sure that she wanted too know, either.

(i wasn't sure what ya wanted me to say or whatever.. so that's what i said xD)

Anonymous

(It's okay. XD)

"I said she'd look like a child. She's older than the original earth," Ty grumbled distractedly. "Thank you for the information, but I'm afraid my friend is not well enough.  I apologize for my rudeness earlier. I'm not a morning person."

Mae murmured something about colors, which worried her silver-haired friend. Because her body temperature was significantly higher than a normal human's - but lower than a lava spirit's - it was difficult to tell when Maeve had a fever. The complaint about her seeing colours confirmed that she did, in fact have a fever.

She couldn't leave her alone, or there'd be no more forest. The best course of action was to turn around and leave her in Noira's care. "We'll have to continue our search at another time. Goodbye."

Infinity pulled out a small screen and faded from view.

Anonymous

Maj's brows pulled and knitted together at their abrupt departure. She frowned and then began to giggle - insanely so - and laugh at this. She was bored and alone once more, not anyone but the trees and the birds to accompany her. Even the insects seemed more alive to her than before. While her course pale fur began to prickle her flesh she pondered the sickly mage but lifted a shoulder. Not her problem at all. She gave a vague smile and drifted off, stealing to shadow and to the nearby camouflage and shrubbery provided around her. Ah - heavenly forest.