Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"Well," He started, extending and flexing his fingers before waving them around individually, "I'd say I'm pretty dextrous... but the real test is yet to come," he raised an eyebrow at his hand, and widened his eyes as if concentrating greatly. He clenched his fist, and it began to tremor, his gaze growing ever more intense. The tremoring reached a point where his hand was shaking almost uncontrollably and then it stopped, and his middle finger sprang up like a switchblade.

Nodding, as if to say 'not bad', he laid his hand back down and turned to Della, "It would seem I'm up and running as usual. All of the bells and whistles are in place as far as I can tell." He fought very visibly to keep a grin under control, but he needed a poker face to sell it, so he persevered.

"As for my candor," he replied in mock offense, "Why would I lie to you? I mean, I don't think I have a reason unless you count that one time with the jackal I forgot to tell you about and then subsequently never mentioned again. But that isn't really a lie, so I think I'm good."

DragonSong

She chuckled a bit despite herself and swatted his hand away with a muttered, "Jackass."

Arching an eyebrow, she patted his leg to get him to part his knees and settled herself between them. Her hand automatically reached for the salve that had been left next to the jug she'd fetched and scooped a bit out to start rubbing into the scar down his chest. It was meant to help with inflammation or soreness in the surrounding muscle or...something.

"You know, I know you're joking about anything with a jackal, but now I'm curious," she noted wryly, smirking up at him.

Magyar

"Y'know I can't feel whatever gunk they have you rub me down with," He complained, but he reclined nonetheless, having had many similar conversations over the past two weeks, "The scar is entirely nerveless, or so they've told me."

His hair was splayed behind him, falling over the pillow. He hated keeping it tied if he was laying down, the feeling drove him crazy. He lifted a hand to flick at Della's braid, and said, "You'll never get that entirely real and definitely not made up story out of me because even though I'll never lie, I'll also never snitch. Snitches get stitches, and I've had my fair share of those."

Her hair was a tad coarser than his, his inherently elven locks eternally silky, but it wasn't dry by any means. He swatted at the tip of her braid with his fingers like a cat would a piece of string, "I still think you've got elf-lookin hair. It's one of my few opinions about you that hasn't changed in the past few months."

DragonSong

Della snorted and rolled her eyes at him as she continued to massage the salve into the scar. A chuckled bubbled up in her chest and she swatted gently at his shoulder. "One of few that hasn't changed, huh? What about the ones that have changed then?" she murmured.

One task done, she set the salve aside and popped up onto the cot next to him, shifting around to put his head in her lap and reaching for a cup so she could pour him some water.

Magyar

"Believe it or not, I used to think you were a prude," Bolion remarked, staring up at Della. He could sit up if he wanted to, and could walk, if not run by now... but he enjoyed being doted on, "A humourless prude, and one who fancied women!"

He twisted so that his cheek laid on Della's thigh, and let his arm hang over the edge of the cot. He much preferred Della to his cheap linen pillow - and - she came with heating. A truly marvellous innovation, or at least he thought so.

"Now I know," he continued, "That you have quite the sharp tongue, and while the jury is out on your opinion of the fairer sex, I'd say you're anything but prudish."

DragonSong

She choked on a noise that was somewhere between an indignant squeak and a laugh and cuffed the side of his head- very gently. "Yeah, well, not enjoying being molested in one's sleep hardly makes one a prude," she quipped.

Sort of absently, she combed her fingers through his hair and braced her other arm behind we to lean back on it a bit. "And I have nothing against women, per se. They're pleasing enough to look at, but I've never really thought about hopping into bed with one."

Smirking a bit, she tilted her head as she looked down at him. "Think you can get up for a minute, or you comfortable there?"

Magyar

"Oh thank the heavens!" he crowed, shifting and twisting rather rapidly into a sitting position, before standing up and reaching high into the sky. His back popped and he could feel the strain of his legs finally giving way to movement again. He turned back to Della and smiled, saying, "I've been waiting for ever for someone in one of those off white monk dresses to say those words! Well, this words and others like them, but you catch my meaning."

He wasn't wearing much, a simple loincloth for modesty. If it were a male segregated wing, he'd most likely have been entirely in the nude. But that didn't seem to bother him as he jogged in place, relishing his probably short lived freedom before he got shoved back under some covers again. He'd been waiting on the hospice staff's official word, or something of the like to leave. His reasoning was the security they'd placed at the doors and around the tents, and the very skilled magicians who could both heal and restrain. He'd thought it rather progressive to not go running headfirst into a dangerous scenario immediately after surviving a previous one.

DragonSong

"Bol!" Della scrambled to try to grab him, but he was already up and practically bouncing in place like an overexcited toddler. "Damnit, man, would you just-" She shot a quick look toward the healers clustered closer to the entrance of the tent and saw one of the men glaring daggers at her.

"I am hardly official staff," she hissed at her companion, standing to grab his arm and try to shove him back into the cot. "What if you make yourself worse? Or get us thrown out? Gods and demons, can you just sit still?!"

"Miss." She winced as the voice cracked out over her shoulder and turned with her best smile.

"Um, yes?"

"You are disturbing the other patients. I will have to ask you to leave." The healer stared at her with an expression that looked as though he'd just had a mouthful of something sour. He gestured toward the entrance of the tent, but didn't move to touch her or guide her out.

"I'm disturbing-?!" Della bit down on a frustrated screech and shot a glare at Bol. "You see what you do?"

Magyar

Bolion stopped trotting and turned to see this man. His body language quickly shifted from boisterous and playful to bordering on aggressive, but his voice was calm and his face expressionless when he asked, "Sir? Or, is it madam? I'm so sorry, I couldn't tell between the dress, the weak chin, and the generally nagging disposition- But that doesn't matter."

He laid a hand on Della's shoulder, and another on the Healer's, before continuing, "I am a patient in this institute. A paying, injured patient! I have here-" he removed his hand from the mage's shoulder to indicate toward Della, "A young and capable volunteer who is more than willing to wait on my every trivial need - and mind you there are a lot of those - while you the trained and capable physician are free to attend those who require your services! And you're here instead, telling off someone beneath your pay grade while people are dying man!"

He released Della to grab the man by both of his shoulders and gently shook him to make his point, "Your time is wasted here! There aren't even that many patients in this place! Look at that guy-" He pointed rather exuberantly at an old man with a recently amputated foot, snoring contentedly, "He's probably on death's row, he has no time to notice anything my nurse is doing!"

Bolion circled around behind the mage, speaking as he went and keeping both hands on his shoulders, "Besides, my ailment is largely that of the cardiac variety. I could have a heart attack, granted, but my lovely companion here is an electromage. If anyone has the capability to restart this heart in an emergency, it is she!"

Bolion, face well behind the healer's, wiggled his fingers at Della and mouthed something that looked like 'Do the sparky thing'. He then swung around the Healer's right, swinging his left arm around him and saying, "So you see, I am in good hands, maestro. Good enough for the time being, and if you really think she's so incompetent, then I'm afraid I'll have to go with her! We're a package deal."

DragonSong

It took all of her rather considerable will not to burst out laughing, but Della managed. She quirked one eyebrow subtly at Bol and his mouthed instructions before looking back to the healer and giving him her best approxmimation of a regal nod. As she did, blue sparks of electricity jumped between her horns and flashed in her eyes.

The healer was apparently trying to stammer something out, but couldn't get a word in edgewise. When Bol stopped to breathe, he managed to snap, "Very well. She is permitted to remain your caretaker, but if you two cause another scene you will both be asked to leave. As it seems your injury is no longer critical." He added the lady bit wryly, glaring at the rather energetic orc-elf.

With a little huff he turned on his heel and stalked over to seemingly check on one of his other patients. Della managed to keep a straight face as she took Bol'd arm and ushered him back to bed, but a grin cracked through once she had him there.

"You are something else, you know that?" she chuckled, her tone caught between exasperation and something like grudging awe.

Magyar

Bolion sighed, resigned to being in his bed for at least another day or two. He'd have to get them kicked out himself if he wasn't admitted to leave soon. He fell back onto the cot, leg dangling and arms splayed wildly.

"And all for you, dearest," he said in a quite snooty accent and trailed a finger under her chin. His arm was just long enough for the tips of his fingers to brush the very bottom of her chin, but he felt like sitting up was too much effort, so that would have to do, "I can't wait until we can bounce from this place. This job is taking far too long."

DragonSong

She chuckled a bit and drew the blanket up over him again, resisting the urge to tuck him in like he really was a child.

Quite against her will, her lashes fluttered slightly as he stroked her chin and she ducked and tilted her head just a bit to press her cheek into his palm.

It was just so damn good to feel his touch, to know he was really safe. For now at least. "You have to be more careful," she murmured as she sat back. "I almost lost- you could have died back there, Bol." She reached out to brush some hair off his face, then snatched her hand back, a little flushed.

Magyar

"I've almost died in many places," he replied, though in an odd tone. It was as if he wanted to say something, but didn't know how. Nonetheless, he continued, placing a hand on one of her knees, "I don't want to stay in this place any longer than I absolutely have to. D'you think we can get out today without being evicted? Because if we can't I'm willing to get thrown out, if the exit process takes more than an hour."

As he spoke he was plotting out the route to their mark; Maybe two, three days ride? And out of the city, it would be a solid ride. No domestic stops, no refreshing breaks, and it wouldn't be too cozy. Sand.

Bolion turned back to Della, eyes wandering... there was something about plain clothing on a beautiful woman that made him a little frisky. Or maybe he just hadn't had sex in two weeks, after a highly condensed fuckfest with that selfsame beautiful woman. Who knew? Either way, this wasn't the place, or the time...

...but, there was nothing stopping him from playful banter. He squeezed her knee, and asked in a quiet, but suggestive tone, "What do you have on under there?"

DragonSong

Della shot him a warning, if playful, look and quirked an eyebrow. "My smalls- why so suddenly curious?"

Her eyes flickered over to the healer that had just stomped away from them. "I'd mind my hands if I were you. We might actually get thrown out."

A smirk curled at her lips and she added thoughtfully, "Although, a quick tumble might be exactly what it would take to get us tossed out as soon as possible. If you're really aiming for speed, that is.." A laugh was hidden in her voice and her eyes glinted playfully as she glanced at him sidelong.

Magyar

"I'd prefer quality over efficiency," Bolion replied, though he didn't remove his hand, "At least for now. But I'm pretty sure we don't have to go all the way to get thrown out... Of course, there's only one way to find out."

Bolion sat up, using Della's knee and the tentpole as supports. He angled himself so the wide pole nearly hid him from the opening of the tent, where the most traffic was. At this angle, only a few curious patients would be able to see him if they wanted to. Not that the few sleeping and comatose city dwellers would find anything out of the ordinary with anything he intended to do.

He checked half-assedly around the pillar, almost like a teenager watching for adults on patrol. He looked back to Della, as if asking if they were safe. Well, safe enough. Ultimately, it didn't really matter though, and he beckoned her over with his finger.

DragonSong

She stood cautiously and glanced from Bol to the entrance of the tent. "What? You're not serious, are you?" she muttered as she stepped closer, automatically reaching out to offer him support as she did. She wound up sort of pressed against his chest, ducking her shoulder slightly to get his one arm looped around her in case he suddenly collapsed.

"Alright, I'm here. What's this about then?" She quirked an eyebrow at him and cocked her head slightly to the side.

Magyar

Bolion leaned into her, and began kissing her just under her jaw on the side of her neck, somewhat hesitantly at first but slowly becoming more passionate. The hand she'd slung over her shoulder began picking at the strings keeping the top of her dress fitted and on her body. He broke his hickey-in-progress to answer, "It's about having some fun, and getting kicked out to properly have some more fun..."

He had just succeeded in pulling the first few strings loose, and Della's neckline plunged. She was now baring the tops of her shoulders, and some very generous cleavage, even if under her shift. He'd intended to go further, but upon seeing his handiwork, he decided to leave it there. After he removed the shift of course. Shifting his kisses to her lips, Bolion began exploring Della's mouth his tongue. While he was probing her mouth, his free hand pulled the shift strings free, letting the silken garment drop until it fell onto the dress, which was about halfway down Della's breasts at that point. His other hand was on the bed, rather twitchy in having nothing to do.

DragonSong

"Bol." Della drew in a shaky breath as he started kissing her neck, and her body tensed slightly as her eyes flickered around. She realized they were actually trying to get caught, but being so public was...uncomfortable. "Bol, wait-"

Then he was kissing her mouth and she sighed quietly. She shivered as her clothes began to shift down her body and pressed closer in a perhaps futile effort to hide some of her cleavage. Her hands traced down to his hips and gripped lightly, pulling him into her body slightly.

Pulling away from the kiss, she trailed her lips over his jaw and down his neck to turn her attention to the dip of her collar. "What exactly is the plan here?" she murmured against his skin. "Is anyone looking?" One of her hands slid over to his on the bed as she spoke, lacing their fingers together.

Magyar

Bolion turned his head, using the corner of his eye to watch the entrance. Another nurse had entered but was chatting with the security, and he didn't see the disgruntled healer from before.

"I guess we'll have to make some noise, unless you'd rather just make out until we eventually get caught," he suggested, "I'm not opposed to that. I hope you'll remember that I don't often try to get caught in public." He moved his free hand around from her shoulders, and under her arm to her waist. Pulling her closer - as close as he could in their current position - he ducked his head down below hers, planting his lips just above her collar, and trailing his way back up.

DragonSong

She chuckled a bit despite herself and let her head tilt back slightly to bare more of her neck. "Well I should hope not," she chuckled softly, then her breath hitched just a bit as his lips skated over a particularly sensitive bit of skin.

Make some noise. Alright then. Della leaned into him a bit more and let her eyes flutter half closed as she moaned, playing it up a good bit though there was a core of real pleasure behind the sound. Her hands moved to the small of her back, slipping under his shirt and nails scratching lightly at his spine.

"Oh, Bol," she moaned again, trying to be loud enough to get noticed without seeming fake.

It was rather hard to keep a straight face, and she turned her face into the curve of his neck to hide a sudden wave of chuckles, shoulders shaking slightly.