Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The War Machine Spits the Most Coin [Wolfman]

Started by AevumEternity, December 04, 2016, 09:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

" It is essentially Mordecaism- but with a much small rafius and much more powerful. If particular entities get close enough to me, they may be unable to even move if they are purely magical- some even dissolve altogether." Leaning back slightly she chuckles at his comment," I was told I was too lewd, apparently I act too much like a man to truly be a good virgin knight,"

Laughing lightly, the sound echoed like bells in the darkness, intermingling with the popping of the flame- gazing at him curiously," Who are your people, Zod?" At his inquiry, she merely snorted and waived her hand, shaking her head with a smirk- as if saying 'you don't want to know'

WolfMan

"Some even dissolve altogether," Zod repeated with astonishment. "Lewd? Thats certainly an accusation, would you consider yourself?" Zod asked with a light tone and a smile.

Her laugh echoed in him, lightening his mood with every chuckle. Judging by some of the characters he had met out here, he probably didn't want to know.

"A nomadic people," he began, "we learned to travel this world on foot. We were taught to always hold a neutral perspective, and travel the world seeking to help those we encountered. A noble cause, but one that was exploited in these times. I worked a farm for the early part of my life. Unfortunately, the people, tribesmen and farmer alike, became ill and began to perish. The head of the area, thinking my people the cause, he began a campaign to rid of from the earth. He mostly succeeded."

He gave a reassuring smile, to show that he had no resentment towards this fact. "It is simply the will of life," he stated. "When this is all over, what do you see yourself doing?"

AevumEternity

Shrugging carelessly, she shifted beneath the cloak, massaging her own shoulders as she spoke softly,"... Do you want venegeance Zod?" Her eyes flicker to his curiously, watching him steadily. As if searching for the subtlest sway of opinion to be show in his face.

Hakon tilts her head slightly, seeming to evade his inquiry by waiting for him to answer her own.

WolfMan

Eyes not breaking hers he took a deep breath. "My culture says I shouldn't. It says thoughts like these can corrupt someone into insanity." He looked up to the sky. The moon had started to descend back into the horizon The stars faintly glowing less. "But its hard not to. I spent a good portion of my life preparing for it, only to discover their fate similar to my peoples."

Taking her silence for contemplation, he quickly added, "I did not mean to pressure you my friend."

AevumEternity

Shaking her head slightly she offers a soft smile," Please- do not worry, I am merely curious. Vengeance is a... Hollow satisfaction." Wrapping the broad cloak more securely about her, resting her chin upon her crossed arms- she weakly shrugs.

" As for my answer to your question. It is because i am poor, and I am vicious." Yawning idly, she covered her mouth with a shakey hand, shuddering slightly. Once more focusing upon him, she shrugs," Perhaps... One of these attributes will become more clear then the other to you in coming moons."

WolfMan

"That it is, sadly, it doesn't bring back those who inspired you take it." Her yawn echoed across the room, causing him to give one in kind without thought.

"I hope you are right, but for the time being I am content. He looked at her and could tell she was fatigued by a days worth of combat. Her tunic provided further proof of that as well. "We should get some rest while we still can."

His own fatigue had been setting in, forgetting the vast distance he had traveled today, he viewed the day as a success. "Do we have the luxury of a watch beyond these walls? Or would you like me to take up the first one?"  He took a spare piece of bread, crunching into its thick exterior, slowly but surely revealing its tasty core. 

AevumEternity

Hakon lay back, curling her knees to her stomach beneath the robe as she clutched her hands together near her chest," We are safe- unless the Mages decide to raise an army in the night," she muses softly, releasing one hand from clasping the cloak shut- reaching it toward him in an inviting gesture.

" Rest, Zod- hush... Let your fears mely away with the light." She murmurs, closing her eyes as her gravely drone became a tired song. Yawning quietly once more.

WolfMan

Looking at her with still wary look of a man who had been ambushed many times. He moved closer towards her. Primary so that his back no longer faced the doorway of the house, but he would not object to sleeping closer to his new found friend. Her entire presence breathed security.

Grabbing his pack on the way, he reached into its depths, and pulled the majority of its contents out. Two small deerskin blankets soon emerged. He tossed one her direction, and laid one over himself. "The other usually goes on the ground if I'm in the in the wild....dont worry, I gave you the clean one," he said sleepily.

His breathing began to slow. The house, the church, the city...all started to fade out. Still marginally awake, his mind peacefully drifted off.

AevumEternity

Murmuing her thanks once more, she gratefully pulled the hide iver her, resting her head upon her clasped hands as she dozed. Barely concious of the fire dying and eventually going out altogether as she slipped off into the sandman's arms and a dreamless sleep.

//The moon rises high in the sky//

All was silent, the ruins of the town, the unit slumbering within the town under the vigilant gaze of sentries, even the flames from the distant and low embers seemed to make no sound. As if all were muted to an eery nothingness.

The deer pelt atop Zod shifted slightly as something slipped beneath it, a comforting and warm weight slowly pressing down upon his chest as a hand presses lightly against his cheek," Zod~" a familiar voice sang, warm breath brushing past his ear as the figure straddled him rather easily, leaning down to whisper these words," wake up- I need you-" a playful giggle erupting from the creature as gently hands idly pressed against his chest~

(And with that sir, i bid you good night! BWAHA XD)

WolfMan

Eyes heavy, Zod gave one final sense. He could feel the sentries, far off, peering into the night. The distant fires of the men they had encountered previously in the day, dwindled down to occasional wafts of smoke. The liquor from their previous engagement drowning the air. His senses slowly moved inwards, attempting to detect a last change in pace closer to their location.

Detecting nothing, his attention moved to nearest living thing aside from the two. The cat, having finally caught a prey, began to drive its teeth into the adult rat. Hearing a squeal, and nothing else, Zod shifted into sleep.

He lay in suspense. Completely passed out, he relaxed into the wood beneath him...

He was in the woods, and hunting a query of some kind. With a surprising and surpassing display of speed, The prey placed one massive paw against his chest, and started pushing deeply, driving him into the ground. His sword just out of reach. Trapped, Zod lay on the forest ground in confusion, he attempted to struggle, but couldn't move against whatever had him trapped. Panicking, he grasped the shoulder of whatever, whoever had pinned in the dream...

With a snap, he awoke. Hand still gripping the shoulder of what was on top of him tightly, his eyes flashed open, quickly scanning what they could possibly see. His other hand fumbled in the dark for his sword. "Damn it!" he swore into the night.

AevumEternity

Instantly one hand rested firmly over his mouth while the other struck forward- pinning his arm to the ground as the weight upon his chest seemed to sharply increase," Shh- shh- shh-" the beast in the Major's skin tsked gently, pursing her lips- tilting her head as it leaned over him- lips hovering just before his eyes as a sensual purr left it's throat," Don't wake her, it is the first time in many days that she has slept socwell. And ai am quite sure her dreams are filled with thoughts similiar to our situation, hm?"

It was becoming clearer and clearer that this was, in fact, Hakon that pinned him here- but some
Abomination that chose her form for... Perhaps obvious reasons. The skinchanger smirked softly, purring," Isn't this what you want...? Hm?"

WolfMan

This was the major, but she didn't smell right. As the beast said this, he scanned over and indeed saw the now unconscious Hakon. "Mine were too you stupid son of..." Zod lied into the beats hand. He was startled, but this had made the 32nd time EXACTLY that Zod had been ambushed in his short life. The initial shock always hit him as he was easily startled, but his mind shifted to escape. He knew not what trickery this was. The seemingly slumped form of the real Hakon lay what seemed like a vast distance away, at least in this moment.

If her features were half as accurate as this beast assumed, her future husband, whoever that may be, would have one hell of a wedding night. He laughed heartily into the hand as the thought this, ironically thinking of his situation...this was as close as he had gotten to another women, and it would probably be the closest he ever would...with an imitation of one of the few people he actually let into his life.

His muffled laugh turned grim, and then sadistic as he grew impatient of being trapped. His kind eyes now reflected the black beady eyes of a caged beast, looking at her with pure hatred in his eyes. They conveyed to her what all caged beasts do, if he was to escape, he would tear the flesh off her bone.

Taking the upper fold of lip, he attempted to grasp the edge of her meaty hand. With great strength, he bit down into the hand that covered his mouth.

AevumEternity

The monster's flesh seemed to fold beneath his teeth as if there were no muscles nor bone beneath the skin. Nonetheless, it's hand arched in pain- writhing like a trapped animal but mking no sound, as if afraid to wake its original copy. Its hand grasping his wrist slmmed his hand into the ground harshly in an attempt to dislodge the blade from his hand. Lifting its body as the skin began to shift and boil. An abomination of some kind so it seemed- if it had the power to shift, it was very likely the Major slept too far away for her aura to take hold.

WolfMan

Zods teeth implanted into the skin of his assailant. His whole body gave an eerie shiver as held onto what seemed like just skin. Increasing his grip, he tightened the pressure on its hand, beginning to savagely turn his head to side in an attempt to increase the pain further more.

His wrist slammed against the ground painfully. Having concentrated on biting, his blade clinked on the wood. Grasping for the hilt, he pushed his blade far across the room so that the beast may not be able to utilize it either. A slight sheathing sound could be heard, as the blade slid on the wood floor.

He watched the beast boil and shutter in pain. Whatever it was, it could still feel pain. Zod would make sure its whole wretched body echoed from pain. With his hand now freed from the weapon, he began to call upon all of his strength, attempting to move his pinned hand towards the beast's neck.

AevumEternity

The creature began to try and wrench its hand away as thick, clotted blood began to poir from the wound his teeth had begun to rend, this time making a soft shrieking sound as it struggled to keep his other hand at bay. Its body pulsed and bulged weirdly- all human features rolling into the thick screen of pale skin-

The sound of the sword and struggle began to awake Hakon who quickly sat up- freezing in shock at the rather horrifying sight if a fleshy mass wrestling with her companion- trying to free herself from the cloak-

WolfMan

Attempting to free itself only made the pain worse, as its skin began to tear itself on Zod's sharp teeth. Feeling it struggle to both resist the bite and stop his grip, his hand inched closer. As the beast tried to pull its hand free, Zod let go with his teeth, attempting to surprise the beast and have its weight shift awkwardly back.

He spit its foul tasting blood out of his mouth, and moved both hands in to attempt and grasp its thin and bulging neck. If he succeed, he would grip with force of a predator grasping its prey in place, watching the life slowly drain from its wretched hide. If he failed to grasp the beast, he ready himself to spring onto his feet and give chase.

He listened to Hakon stir, and an immediate relief shot through his body. "Anytime you're ready," he grimly and sarcastically grit through his teeth.

AevumEternity

The beast realed back, but his hands closed upon the bluging neck- the feeling was like grabbing a bag of leather filled with several cats trying to escape. With an inhuman wail, the beast's 'head' began to shrink into it's neck-like appendage, akin to a turtle slipping back into its shall- the chest splitting suddenly to reveal a large beak as a bird of prey would sport. The sharp mouth attempting to snap at his chest- the sharp point tearing into his shirt hungrily-

The Major simply cursed in response, ripping to her feet as her hand closed upon the hilt of the scimitar. Bracing her weight upon one foot, it took two quick bounds to cross the distance between herself and Zod, the sheath flying from the viciously curved blade as it swung in a terrible, horizontal arc that cleanly lashed the writhing abomination's back- causing the creature to scream again before the woman bowled full force into the beast. Quite literally tackling it off the mercenary, both landing rather heavily- a foul scent, akin to putrifying flesh filled the air as the demon began to squirm simply as if the air burned its very essence- the Major's aura seeming to be taking effect.

Hakon landed heavily upon her side, quickly recoiling her armor from the mass of flesh- popping to one knee as she used the other to pin the beast down- her scimitar briefly glittering in the darkness as it rose and fell to the steady rhythm of the creature's dying squeals. Pigs to the slaughter.

WolfMan

He watched with horror as his plan melted away before his eyes, quite literally. Zod slowly put his hands on either shoulder if its, not quite sure what to do next. He tried to throw the demon forward over his head, but at that moment a crimson red beak shot from the creature.

Tearing into his gut, the creature pulled away and chewed satisfyingly. Attempting to readjust his hand through the sliding pain, he tried to grip the beak tightly shut, but simply pushed the beak into his shoulder. With another gut wrenching tear, the peak pulled from his collarbone.

Quite suddenly, a sickening rip painfully seeped into Zod's ears, as the creature was sliced into and tackled off of him. Groaning painfully he got to his feet as quick as a man could in his condition. The wound in his chest looked raw, but the bleeding had stopped and it has scarred over.

With a sudden motion, he tore the useless clothing off his once mangled body, and reached into his pack to reveal another, and final black shirt. Had the major been facing him, she could easily tell this was a common procedure. As luck would have it for him, she indeed faced the other way.

He wasn't embarrassed to tell her, but if their coming battle was for a fraction, as intense as this brief encounter, she would have plenty opportunity to watch it happen before her eyes. He spoke of course, of the two now visible scars on his body. The one on his gut already turning his skin color, and the one on his collar bone brightly red from formation. He slipped on the shirt and went to approach the pair.

"Thanks for that", he breathed with a clear tone of relief and gratitude.

AevumEternity

Hakon simply hunches over the still creature's body for a moment before turning slightly to work at him with clear worry. Pivoting upon her knees, she pushed herself up as he approached- still brandishing the blade somewhat defensively as she watched his body's accelerated healing, clearly wary. But- she offered a tiny grimacing smile, chiding softly," Of course."

Slowly, she lowered the blade, hand twitching slightly from adrenaline before smirking faintly,"... So what was that all about? I was about to kill you as well if that thing had buried itself into you." tilting her head to one side, her shoulders and entire body slowly began to relax, a yawn parting her lips.

WolfMan

He watched her wearily and with concern, as her demeanor still echoed their previous engagement. Still having a reactionary mind as well, his eyes darkened considerably as she said this. He knew not whether or not she meant this sincerely, mind still echoed from battle. He began to take a low unarmed guard stance.

Having seen her begin to relax, he realized his tense position. He straightened himself as he muttered to himself as quietly as he could, "or so you might try."

As she inquired to what happened, his mind fell blank. What did exactly happen? He quickly regained coherence of the events that preceded. The warm imitation of the nearly undressed Hakom was burned into his mind. He blushed and looked down to wood floor, now being illuminated by slivers of light in the rising sun.

He chose to ignore her question, unsure of how to answer. How could someone explain what had just happened? "I've seen a lot of crazy shit," be began, but soon stopped himself. Reaching over to his pack, he unbuttoned it and took out its final contents. A large wooden corn cob pipe emerged, along with a small pouch. Emptying a bit of its contents into his pipe, he also reached in and pulled a piece of  flint. Striking up a storm of sparks, he lit the pipe as he quickly turned to her, not being able to look at her in the face directly. "I need some air," he said quickly and without emotion.

He strode out the front door, and felt the sunlight strike his body. The radiating heat made him feel better, as did the familiar smell of smoke. Walking down a path, but not out completely out of sight of the house, he sat upon a small stump, in a clearing in the woods. Being in his natural environment, along with the growing time between his clash let his heart return to normal.

In truth, he had left the house not because he was afraid, but because his blood boiled with the taste of combat. He had nearly enraged himself to a point which could not easily be returned from.