Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mature threads and content

Started by guest, December 05, 2016, 11:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey there, potential member here. I have a quick question about mature threads. It says in your rules you may only participate in these threads if you are over 18, which is great -- but are members younger than 18 still able to see/click on/read these threads?

I ask because reading is a kind of passive participation, I guess, and though I'm over 18, I'd feel weird writing a mature thread knowing that younger members would be able to read it. Another site I'm on has a way of filtering threads so that members younger than 18 can't see mature material. Just want to make sure how things work!

Rhindeer

Hey there!

We have actually been talking about this, and have been talking about introducing bbcode that would hide mature content in posts from any guests and user accounts that are not part of an 18+ usergroup. People would still be able to read the thread, but any content within that bbcode would not be visible unless you are part of said usergroup.

So far, that's the best solution I can see. Now I just have to find the time to get on a computer and install it. D8
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Hi again, same guest as before; I'm still interested in joining, and wanted to ask how this coding is progressing. Any updates?

Tags: