Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here to Stay (Private)

Started by Blink, December 11, 2016, 06:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Izayah happily accepted his sister's embrace and continued to hold onto her as he was scooped up by Lanister. It was a short walk home as his father carried both of the four-year old's the entire way. Once arriving back at their homestead Lanister set Izayah and Emia down before being scolded by his father. All Izayah could muster was an "Otay" after being flicked in the forehead a couple of times. If that was the worst of it, he made it out of the situation better than he thought. But then his father suggested a fate far worse.... facing his mother.

Gulping before opening the door with a shaky hand Izayah stepped inside to be greeted by a glare that nearly scared him as much as the no face man did. "Mommy... I-" but before he could finish Nevayah stormed towards him grabbing his arm and yanking him into the living room. "Izayah how dare you worry us like that!" her eyes were caring yet cold, and her voice as stern as ever. "I was worried to death!" Nevayah went from half dragging the boy to pulling him into an embrace with a hand on each of his shoulders. It was very short lived as she then pushed him back so that he had to look into her eyes. "Don't you EVER do anything that foolish again! What if someone took you! Or for the love of gods if they found out what you were!"

Nevayah then began to gently shake Izayah as if it would make the message sink in deeper. "Do you want to live the rest of your life in a cage or a cellar... or chains! Because that is exactly what they would do to you young man!" From there she grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the table where his breakfast was still sitting, practically cold. "Now you get in your chair and you sit and eat! Then after put your dishes on the counter and you sit in that chair until I have decided otherwise."Turning from Izayah she placed a hand on her chest to take in a deep breath. She felt horrible for yelling at him like that but proud that she thought maybe she had gotten her point across.

Izayah complied and climbed up into his chair before pecking at his food bit by bit. Getting yelled at like that was not something he enjoyed, but at least she didn't kill him. Even when his father and sister walked into the house Izayah kept his eyes trained on his plate, scared to death of what might happen if he dared look elsewhere. After finishing his cold food Izayah slid out of his chair and did exactly as his mother said, placing his bowl on the counter along with his cup. Before he could get back to his chair though Nevayah stopped him, grabbing him once more but instead this time picking him up and holding him to her chest. "Please don't ever worry me like that again" her voice half a whisper half a cry as she pleaded with him.

"I won't mommy I promise, I'm sorry" he whispered burying his face deeper taking in all the smells of his mother. Finally it seemed as if everything had been put into place. Izayah no longer hated his mother, father or sister and understood why they have the rules they do. Nevayah and Lanister were on the same page with how the children should be raised and most importantly had not lost the love they had for one another.