Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Prince of Aerie [Marakai Trin]

Started by joylss, December 16, 2016, 05:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joylss

Delegated through aristocratic means, Caileth is hence appointed the regal trainer of Prince Marakai upon the behest of King Baalroth. The Aeerian prince is perhaps formally an empowered varnish of his nonidyllically vestige country, but among twain brothers of royal bloodline, the throne would only glisten in kingly prospects for Marakai Trin in lieu of his older brother for the good of Aerie.

This, a palpable thought that had long since manifested in Baalroth's mind, tangible even by a human such as Caileth, is a shared conclusion between king and knight. Whereas Kraneth lies in oblivion to his bliss of serene welfare, and as such, Caileth is ultimately inveigled to covet scrutiny for the elder prince.

❝ Your Highness, make use of the power ordained upon you! For there is no dishonour in wounds obtain through worthy purposes, my prince; So, fight without fear that you may harm me! ❞

Cashmere fineries may kiss the skin, akin to a steel that thirsts for flesh and blood, while his sword spun in mannerly swatch as if wrangling to the the raging storm conjured in Moraki Deserts, Caileth's demeanor upon the battlefield is met with disparate conduct when he is projecting the paragon of a doting mentor----for the knight is no humble combatant when he wields his sword in the gist of battle. 

(OOC: This is why I seldom write starters because I suck at titles, haha)

Marakai Trin

Standing before Caileth was a young boy, looking no older than perhaps seven or eight years of age. Dressed in a rich tunic of black and gray, with a thin pale face, burning red eyes, and a mop of black hair streaked with red, he was not the visage of the titanic man he would come to be.

Those eyes, glowing even in the torchlight, looked almost fearful. Marakai had never held a sword, let alone used one, before this day. But he was sworn to one day be a warrior, to perhaps fulfill a grand purpose in the future.

That didn't change his hesitation, though. The sword the human before him scared him, the man's flourished skill scared him, this whole ordeal was overly frightening for the young prince.

"To be completely honest....I'm more worried about you hurting me, Caileth. You know I haven't done this before...."

He held the steel short sword with a white-knuckled grip, and put himself in an awkward defensive pose. His elder brother had tried before to goad him into a fight, even tried showing him how to use a blade, but Marakai had never taken him seriously.

Besides...he was strange.

"...But I'll try!"

The coming charge was untrained, clumsy even, as he rushed forward to attack Caileth, all the strength of a teenaged Prince of the Aerie behind a horizontal slash.

(Hey, it's cool. Just remember my ineptness at rping children XD)

joylss

As expected of the regal provinces of Aerie, royal amenities and edifices are generously furnished with luxurious expendaments, opting to suit the grandeur of the royal family it houses within. Albeit, whilst hailing teardrops of Aeerian lands may sow the land with gold, the glamour of its natural-found merit falls lacking without the cherubic smiles and twinkling giggles of its princes and princesses. For the sterling pedigree of King Baalroth and his queen is the very epitome of Aerian pride, a star that outshines all others among a thousand in the sky.

"The blade knows no mercy, my liege, upon the battlefield, death is condoned without remorse, so---I beseech you to fathom my goodwill, for as your mentor I hope not that you will ever savour the taste of defeat!"

Drive the detrimental sword past his elbows, Caileth's feet incites speed that would render even a fitful stallion chasten in shame. For the knight's singular delight is through the clinking of shields and kissing of blades, a man who worths more than an army upon the battle plain, and hence he would also strive to relay that unparalleled aptitude to the young princeling which would soon adhere to his father's throne.

"Your feet must be light while your hands must be firm - that is my first proposition. Can you do that, Prince Marakai?"

Marakai Trin

The harsh ring of steel on steel as Marakai's sword collided with Caileth's ended with a rasp as the young prince stumbled past his mentor, the block having thrown him off balance. He quickly turned around, and held his sword before him, both of his small hands easily tiny enough for a double handed grip.

"I...I think so," he mumbled. In truth, the vibrations created when steel met steel had very nearly shaken the blade loose from the small boys grip.

"Can you show me what you mean? I'll be ready." The little dragon offered a glimmering smile that only children seemed to have mastery with.

He was glad his father had placed him in Caileth's care whilst he was dealing with the war from the Tenkou kingdom. He liked this human - he acted more like himself, a quality more admirable than shown by those who usually attended him, that bowed and scraped to his whims. Time with Caileth made him feel like a person, rather than a royal. It was surely a refreshing change.

Tags: