Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

March of Dragons [M, HK/Dad]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 29, 2016, 07:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

Marakai gave a grin. "Of course, Urra'vin. But - it comes off when we press the attack. This is a message to the Tenkou, also."

He chuckled a bit, and then stopped. "Wait...I can't bring this. They'll recognize it, too." He gestured to the Blackfire's Fang. "I'll need a different weapon. Preferably one that won't be so easily seen. Like, not your oversized meat cleaver you're so fond of."

Medievarad

"Such I implied with 'yet'," he answered with a grin and a courtsy, raising the skirt of an imaginated dress. "When we make the decisive strike, we'll make sure they know it's none other than us," he let out a thundering laughter, cslamming Marakai's shoulder with a brutal amount of force.

"Meat cleaver is a pretty good name, is it not? Cleaving meat is exaclty what it does," Urra'vin smirked as he pulled a 'small, it was more of a shortsword, dagger from his back, holding it out. "Here, because youI insist."

Marakai Trin

Marakai gave the 'dagger' an experimental twirl, and smirked. "Thanks. If I come across any dwarves, I'll ask if they want a shave before I kill them." He rolled his eyes a bit, and shoved his great sword into the earth. "Make sure nothing happens to that, or my father will have both our heads." He offered another salute, and then turned on his heel to exit the camp.

Medievarad

"Mind yourself, it makes for a very accurate razor," Urra'vin answered with a chuckle. "More accurate than my axe, at least."

Urra'vin answered the salute with a soft nod. "It'll be neatly resting in my tent by the time you get back, friend."

Marakai Trin

As Urra'vin answered, Marakai simply raised a hand in a half-hearted wave, as he was already heading out.

When he left the camp, idly twirling the sword in his hand, he wondered what to expect. This area was littered with caves - hell, they'd passed a couple of them on their way to make camp. He kept his eyes peeled and his footsteps quiet, skirting the side of the valley to ask in his stealth.

It wasn't very long as all before he found the first cave. However, it appeared abandoned, and recently - there were torches, barely burnt and now extinguished, a weapon rack completely emptied, and a table covered in parchment with writing he couldn't understand. He grabbed those - perhaps Urra'vin could decipher the dwarven script.

He left this cave, and continued on his way, searching along the cliff face. He eventually found two more caves of similar appearance to the first - hastily emptied and abandoned.

With a derisive grunt, he left the third cave, and set to scaling the mountain for a clearer view of his environs. When he reached the first ledge, he could see it - the Black Gate. Large and imposing, made of solid adamantium, this was their first legendary obstacle. Marakai grinned.

Unbreachable, they said. And they were supposed to tear it down. This should be good.

He saw only two guards posted before the entrance, looking down on them from high above. The gate ktseld blocked a massive cave entrance - there was no way in, other than through the gate itself. But despite the mere two guards, his other senses took in so much more -

The sound of ringing metal, accompanied by the smell of hot steel.

Pounding feet, rhythmic like military drilling.

Barked orders, in a language he couldn't understand.

They were either making for war, or preparing for a siege. Either way, Urra'vin had to know.

Medievarad

[I'm not sure what you planned for the other Flameguard, so I decided to make them as vague as possible ^^']

Urra'vin didn't sit around idly, as soon as the command tent was pitched, a table with a paper map sprawled across inside, the Blackfire Fang resting against the table. The map was quite detailed thanks to some of their mages ho managed to control animals, birds was the most practical use, to scout out the region without having the risk of being discovered. It was a tactical disadvantage none such mages were here.

But this sufficed at least. They weren't walking in blindly, at least. While Marakai was out scouting, several others of the Flameguards otherwise occupied, Urra'vin was busy scheming with one of his advisors in the Flameguard. A cunning and shrewd woman, her prowess in combat was commendable, but her tactical mind surpassed his.

"We make coördinated strikes on their holdings," Urra'vin started, glancing at the woman, who nodded in return. "We can make some of their mines collapse with their own mining tools, soldiers will be in disarray to free any surviving miners."

Marakai Trin

It was at that moment that Marakai burst into the tent, his breathing heavy. "Urra'vin. Here." He tossed the team of parchments on the table. "I don't know what these mean, but every cave I came across showed signs of occupation, and hasty abandonment. I moved as close to the gate as I could....I think they know we're here, or they're going to break through the tunnels faster than we thought."

He stopped to take a breath, and gave his friends advisor a sidelong glance. "The Aerie will survive - my father has been flooding those tunnels with troops. But I don't see us catching them by surprise - they're more than likely waiting on us."

Medievarad

He glanced down at the scrolls, opening them and examining, before passing them over to the woman, who no doubt could interpret them, with a soft hum.

"Then all our strategies up to now are useless," he took the dagger from Marakai again and sheathed it on his back, gesturing at the Blackfire Fang. "Right there, waiting for you," he stated with a soft grin. "I'll round up the men," he glanced at the woman. "Translate those," he commanded, pulling his axe up and walking out.

Marakai Trin

Marakai gladly handed the sword back to Urra'vin, before taking up his own and following the other outside of the tent, offering a passing nod at the woman as he left.

He fell into step beside Urra'vin. "So... we attack now then?"

Medievarad

"Yes, I will dispatch one of our Flameguard to the Aerie, tell our king to make the troops move into the cave," he answered, glancing around, Flameguard gathering. "At the same time, we move behind them and make a pincer attack, so they have nowhere to run."

Marakai Trin

Marakai nodded, and grinned. "Let's go test down that thrice-damned gate, then." He gave his sword a little shake. "I've been wanting to use this ever since father handed it to me."

Medievarad

"Yes," he answered. "Let us."

The Flameguard all stood at attention, weapons brandished. Urra'vin smirked slowly and clasped his hands behind his back. "My friends! These undersized sacks of shit know we're here. So there is no use in trying to distract them. They will see through our rouse. But!" He grinned softly. "They do not expect an attack from both sides! Be sure to thank them, because they just shortened a week of deployment to one day."

Urra'vin thrust his axe in the air. "My brethren, today, we send a very clear message to the Tenkou! Spare none! Make sure the Tenkou dispatch trips over their corpses and retch at the very sight of the slaughter! If it breathes, it dies. Am I clear?!"

And he was met with a loud uproar and cheering.

Marakai Trin

Marakai smirked, and spoke to Urra'vin just loud enough to be heard.

"Seems you have a flair for speech, as well. Good work - now they'll know for sure we're coming, with that uproar."

He clapped his friend on the shoulder with a grin. "And if they're not pissing themselves behind their pretty little gate, I'll be surprised."

Medievarad

"Good, send 'em a message," Urra'vin answered. He turned to one of the Flameguards. "Dragon form. Return to the Aerie and explain that he needs our troops to charge. By the time you get there, we've broken through the gate."

The male nodded and turned around, taking a running start. He jumped down the cliff, before a massive dragon roared and flew off.

"Good. We move now!" He called, turning around, resting the axe on his shoulders as he moved on. Determined to meet his enemies.

Marakai Trin

Marakai shouldered the Blackfire Fang, following after his brother-in-arms, a constant grin on his face. This was going to be fun - he wondered why dwarves and orcs would think they could stand against a kingdom of dragons? There'd been no sightings of actual Tenkou, not since the last skirmish with them almost a month before.

They met no resistance on their way to the Black Gate, and only the two guards from before still stood before it. As the group of Flameguard, accompanied by their commander and their Prince, rounded the bend one of the dwarves slipped inside the gate. Steam hissed outward from some unknown mechanism, and a lot metallic grating sound signalled it's locking.

Marakai glanced to Urra'vin, and smirked. "So...who getd first swing at their front door?"

Medievarad

"Hmm," Urra'vin took a deep breath. "Go for it by all means," he said with a soft smirk.

Marakai Trin

That smirk on Marakai's face widened into a huge grin, and the Prince nodded. "Suits me fine. I'll take out the guard, first. Just keep an eye out for any surprises." He slapped his fist on his chest as a salute, and bounded off.

The dwarves guard, standing so regally in his golden armor like he had some kind of status, jammed the butt of his large axe onto the ground as Marakai strode up to him.

"Ye're not gettin' inta here, dragon! Ya know th' laws we got, now turn around!"

Marakai gave a laugh. "Laws? We have laws too, involving tresspassers. And my father has heard word that your clan, allied with orcs, is tunneling into the Aerie, even as we speak."

"An' who be your da', dragon? Some daft old-"

Suddenly this posh dwarf was pinned against the mountain side, the tip of the great sword pressing against that golden breastplate, a sizable dent already formed. "My father has a name I'm sure you'll recognize, you furry little mole. My father is my king, Baalroth Trin."

That massive black blade slid a couple inches further, and Marakai leaned in as close as he could, eyes narrowed and glowing a vibrant red.

"And you and your furry friends are marked for death by that same King."

Marakai's free hand suddenly shot forward, grasping the dwarf by his ridiculous beard, and pulled. With a screech of metal, the dwarf was pulled into the sword, and impaled. That shining gold breastplate quickly colored red with blood.

Marakai suddenly slashed his sword to the side, flinging the golden clad corpse over a hundred feet towards Urra'vin and the rest of the Flameguard, landing with a clatter and rolling to a stop at Urra'vin's feet.

Still seething, the Prince stepped up to the massive gate, pulled his sword back, and swung as hard as he could into the adamantiun surface.

The black metal dented only a little, and Marakai gaped. He swung again, and it only gave slightly more. A stab, powered with all of the strength the Prince could muster, sank almost a foot into the metal,  but failed to penetrate completely.

"By Crosis, that is one thick fucking door....Urra'vin!! Need a bigger weapon!!"

He stepped back and sighed. "This is so embarrassing..."

Medievarad

Urra'vin and the other Flameguard made his way down the hill as Marakai dealt with the dwarf rather effectively. As the corpse flew past, Urra'vin huffed softly and shook his head, ignoring it. There was no time to waste.

As Marakai went to work on the door, Urra'vin barked commands for his men to form up, before turning to the prince again. And his words caused Urra'vin to bellow a thundering laughter. No doubt would they have heard it back in the Aerie or through the black gate.

Urra'vin stepped forward, raising his axe and starting to hack into it like a madman. The sound of metal bending and creaking under the violent assault of Urra'vin.

One last slam made his axe into the gate made it stuck. Urra'vin grunted softly and turned the axe in the hole, before wrenching it back and pulling the gate literally from it's hinges.

Marakai Trin

Marakai huffed, and shouldered his weapon. "...well, since you won the dick measuring contest, maybe I can propose another." He poked Urra'vin on the chest, and grinned. "Whoever gets the most kills gets the last laugh."

With that, he offered only a smirk, and leapt into the darkness beyond the gate, his eyes flaring brightly.

Medievarad

Urra'vin arched an eyebrow at Marakai and scratched the side of his head. "What was that? I couldn't hear it due to the cries of agony from your hurt pride," he shook, his head with a soft chuckle. According to himself, he was very funny.

"But, in all seriousness, we are walking in an enemy stronghold," Urra'vin answered as he made his way through the remnant of the gate, following the prince closely. "If you can count, you can pour in more effort to kill. This is not a competition, Marakai. This is a mission."

Tags: