Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shepard Without

Started by CyclicalCycal, December 31, 2016, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

"We will either walk into a trap or find the heart of the problem."

With this, a Tharron began to walk forward. He followed the trail of gray flora, purging it as he walked. He had nothing to say, so Cara did instead. "What're you?" She asked the Sentinel.

Medievarad

"Regardless," the Sentinel answered. "We will find answers."

He looked up to Cara, tilting his head. A lack of a face caused him unable to smile. But he would. "A spirit that decided to protect it's home. The grove is not my place, but the colourless threaten all. So I am here to offer help to Tharron, little one."

CyclicalCycal

"You look like a golem! Are you a penitent as well?" She asked, staring at the Sentinel. "Hush, Cara." Tharron said, tilting his head upwards. "You should not accuse others of being golems. Or penitents. It is rude."

Medievarad

The Sentinel could only let out a surprisingly soft and warm laughter. "No, little one. I am not," he shook his head. "I am an ancient soul that infused wood with power. None of your ancestors have created me."

CyclicalCycal

"Ohhh...okay." Cara responded, giving a slow nod as she processed this information. Tharron, on the other hand, signed and gave an apology. "She is a young one. I have told you, Cara, not to bother others with your inquisitiveness."

As the group walked, they could find corpses of animals, the colour from their bodies drained. They all seem  to be split open, and laying in a dark gray liquid.

Medievarad

The Sentinel could only chuckle, shaking his head. "I brook no anger, Tharron. Rest easy," he answered quickly. "Let the girl sate her curiousity."

And ofcourse, Rin decided to be the more silent character of the party, rather than partaking in the conversation, she took point, glancing around.

And as she came across the animals, she rose her hand. "Tharron," she stated, before pointing at the animals. "Victims of these 'colourless', I presume."

CyclicalCycal

"Indeed." Tharron replied, looking to the corpses of the animals. He walked by them, paying them no real heed. Cara, on the other hand, stared at them with wide and shocked eyes. She didn't understand. Who could be so cruel?

"We will come across more, in time." Tharron said with a sigh. "Luckily, for us, the fauna of the world knows to flee the colourless."

Medievarad

"Yet these were too slow," Rin answered rather bluntly. "They need to be stopped before more damage is caused."

CyclicalCycal

"You are correct. But, we cannot save everything. And, consider this. Would you charge into a fight when you know nought but scraps of what the enemy can do?" Tharron questioned, as Cara mumbled. "Irnphz, K'p rzzdqf..."

"Klmp, oioe..."

Cara nodded, going quiet. "We are...not in their lands. But...they have the gall to taint it as if it were theirs." Tharron continued, a dull anger beginning to burn far more brightly within him.

Medievarad

The masked warrior glanced at Tharron. "They do the same," she answered, before shaking her head. "It is all about reading the enemy's movements, reading into their abilities from a brief display," she took a deep breath. "And they know naught of my abilities yet."

Then Cara started in the odd language. And the Sentinel glanced at Tharron as he spoke once again. "And we will drive these parasites from our land."

CyclicalCycal

"Yes, yes. The more one knows about their enemy..." Tharron paused, for a moment, his head twitching. He looked about the area, briefly, as if sensing some unidentified presence that he was not inclined to speak of.

"...father...?" Cara asked, wearily. Her spell flickered, and faltered, the purging of the grey tide halting.

Medievarad

Rin glanced at Tharron when he stopped in his tracks. "Enemies?" She inquired coldly.

"Do not falter, little one," the Sentinel said when he glanced at Cara. "Whatever comeshome our way. It will will not harm you or your father," he promised, massive enchanted axe at a ready.

CyclicalCycal

"Enemies?" Tharron replied, narrowing his eyes as he turned his gaze. Cara hesitated, before continuing her dull ward, the blight receding away once more.

"I...think so." Tharron said. As if on cue, as if the universe itself wanted to mock Tharron, a few of the golems he had made, shaped in a way that resembled animals, crawled from the undergrowth. Void of colour, and set on attacking the group, it was rather evident they were likely not friendly forces.

Medievarad

Both Rin and the Sentinel exploded into movement, to dispatch of the creatures. Rin moved with unparalelled grace and fought masterfully with her blade, dodging and parrying, deflecting and countering. It was as if the heavily armoured woman was dancing.

The Sentinel was more methodical and sloppy in his ways. Yet he was by no means less effective. Stomping and slashing his way through.

CyclicalCycal

Cara nodded, slowly placing her arms upon Tharron's head and resting her face into them, letting out a soft mumble.

"Hush, lamb..." Tharron said, distantly, as he slowly sat. It seemed he did not want to fight, that he would be simply watching. He picked up Cara's slack, though, eyes lighting up, brighter and harsher, as he warded off the grey tide far, far more effectively than his daughter. Additionally, Tharron pointed at the trees, around where some of the beasts were springing from. The foliage twisted, lashing out at the creatures, gripping them and going to hold them down.

No, this wouldn't slay them, but it would aid Rin and the Sentinel in their fighting, even if it was only a little. He trusted they could fight, though. He trusted they could win this fight very easily.

Medievarad

Helping it did. Rin and the Sentinel moved through the colourless with their own aspect of skill. Forcing themselves through with axe and blade. Leaving nothing in their way. The two acted as a vanguard. And it was a mystery who of the two was the most durable. The heavily armoured woman that moved with speed and dexterity, or the large manifestation that trampled and forced it's way through.

CyclicalCycal

Tharron watched, as the last of the beasts fell.

He was impressed. Very, very, very impressed. That wasn't something that came lightly.

Regardless, he rose to his feet, as Cara continued to hug Tharron. She refused to let go, and that suited him just fine. "...you two...are very skilled." He stated, as if it wasn't blatantly obvious. He moved over to one of the corpses, staring down at it.

Though he had no facial expression to note it, there was a distinct aura of utter hate and loathing about Tharron.

Medievarad

Rin glanced at him, before shaking her head, instead, flicking her blade. Then sheathing it. She took a deep breath, steadying herself before looking at the way ahead.

The Sentinel nodded, before chuckling softly. "Did you expect anything else, friend?" He inquired, lifting the massive axe to rest it on his shoulder.

CyclicalCycal

"I did not. But do not let this...victory...feed your ego." He responded, grimly. The girl clinging to Tharron whispered, quiet and weak.

"...Cara is tired. If we continue pushing forth, she will sleep."

Medievarad

"Then here," Rin stated, pulling out a blank charm from her belt, before clipping her katana out slightly, sliding her palm across the sharp end. "Here we stand. And they may flee, or also stand. But they will go no further." With that, she clenched a fist, blood dripping on the paper. And soon, all three may've felt the veil shift and felt the nearest magical ley line grind slightly in movement. Perhaps it was considered a vile art by others. But Rin didn't care.

Tharron would notice this being a near perfect copy of his own magical presence erupting from the bloody ward. Halting the corruption. It would not drive it back. But it would also let nothing of this blight through.

The wooden, enchanted centaur pawed nervously. Hoof stomping against the ground. "That felt unnatural, human," he snorted in disapproval.

Tags: