Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Weapons of war and loads of ore!

Started by Sir Voltz, January 14, 2017, 12:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Voltz

Another dawn crept on concentrated shoulders as Alexis studied the ingredients in front of her. There she sat, almost in bewilderment, watching as a thick sap mingled with drythorn roots, causing a rustic steam to radiate from the combination. She flipped vigorously through her botany books by Yorthal Ca'za, an intellectual role model and expert in the field of alchemy. The sap gathered was a mixture of maple and Sandberry, two very different families but with a subtle chemistry that can only appear if mixed under certain pressures. Drythorn on the other hand was plentiful but difficult to extract, being one of the most poisonous bushes around. However at the root is an extraordinary chemical that is useful to help mend broken bones, even if it has a nasty illness that leads to a brutal skin irritation.

"Did I...do this right?"

She heard rumors that someone made a fruitful elixir that provides energy and mental focus in small doses, or great hallucinations in larger ones, but she saw a contradiction in the result of her experiment at hand: it shimmered with positive aroma that clearly reacted negatively to the clay plate it lay upon. To further her curiosity, it looked like airy rust. As if, red earth were set free from lungs long since collapsed. "Maybe..."

She dropped a small iron ore into the small plate, right by the substance. It startled her for a moment with a sudden breath of smoke, then a low, odd glow as the metal "soaked" up the liquid. After a moment of silence, her yellow eyes glued in anticipation, the metal vibrated a slight moment before the plate started creaking. Soon, a crack!

Picking up the metal chunk as quickly as she could, wearing special gloves she made the day before, she felt a radiant wavelength that did not feel so inclined as other destructive natures. "Ah, what the hell?" She shrugged as she placed the chunk in her free, uncovered hand. Then the feeling vanished without a trace, leaving the chunk to crumble into a pile of ash.

"I think I stumbled on a goldmine here!" Her eyes were bright, open, excited as she leaped to her feet. She needed something else to help bind, then she could extract the essence.

"Dear, we have a customer at the front door. Your father is with another customer elsewhere, can you help them?"

She giggled with her satisfied self and then put on her serious, business related face. "Yes! Absolutely!"

Time to start a new day.

Gawfy

Gawfy wandered into the shop with intending to window shop but after seeing their work he though he might get some one else than his father to repair his sword. He stood waiting for a few moments before he heard the owners yell for some one to help him he heard a creek and a door open. His helper was incoming.

Sir Voltz

She barely managed to dress her hair out of her face, tied back as to help seem more professional and to avoid anymore unwanted fires like last season. Stepped through the door she set her eyes on a stranger – rather, more were strangers than not, so he was more similar in this respect and therefore less likely to feel pressured by random questions. At least, she hoped she wouldn't forget her manners.

"Welcome to the Stonecutter Hall, friend. Looking to buy, sell, trade? We have a large inventory and a strong arm to help however you'd like." She always felt weird saying the last part, with her nickname being "Armstrong." Either way, with her weird success from a moment before, she felt excited, lifted from the burden business usually ties to one such as herself.

"Name is Alexis." She said with a smile.

Gawfy

Gawfy eyed the woman as she came out expecting some one looking like his father, dirty, old, rude, and brutish. Seeing a respectable woman was a nice change of pace from his old man. He put a hand on the counter as his armor clanked. Hello, I need a sword worked on, Been using it Too hard for too long and its, well Dented and scratched to hell. I can pay for the materials needed i just need it sharp. He said as he stretched his armored arms.

Sir Voltz

She took a moment to look over the customer with a careful eye. Why did he seem so familiar? Most customers were mages, making the majority of her requests small and compact, like daggers or plates for under armor. It was a nice change to see a straight up warrior. Plus a sword? Bonus!

"Certainly. I can amend any wear and tear on most any equipment. That will be no problem!"

First she had to study the blade and then she could spend a while readying the ingots to reinforce the build.

"Any other work you'd like? Enchantments? Armor? If not, this will probably only take an hour or so."

Gawfy

Dont need any enchantments. Just need the sword primed and ready. He said as he took his hand off of the counter. Here ill show you.[/i He said as he Reached behind his back and pulled his sword from his back, his massive frame blocking it from view. He layed it down on the counter with a quick motion. 

Sir Voltz

Such a stocky man with powerful arms, she noted as he reached for the blade at his back. It, too, was exceedingly large and radiated with the smell of use. It was much larger than herself, actually, but this did not intimidate her in the slight. In fact, despite being the largest weapon she ever saw, it felt like a test to her personal abilities and this just drew a look of excitement in her yellow eyes.

"I gotcha, mister. I'll have this done pretty quick!" It may have looked suspicious at first, but she lifted the blade with relative ease as she stepped away from the counter. "Ya can wait in the shop or come back in an hour or so!" She said as she stepped through the door, carefully avoiding breaking the frame with the massive weapon. She made it all the way through the shop, house, and back yard where the craft area waited. Laying the blade down on her work bench, she located the proper ingots to help amend the worn blade. "Time for work!" She said mostly to herself,  motivated.

Gawfy

Gawfy watched as the woman carried his sword with such enthusiasm.  Ill wait here, and try to be careful with her, its one of a kind. He said as he started browsing the other things in the shop

Sir Voltz

Metal against metal sounded from the rear of the shop, the usual tune for this time of day, but one that resonated to the overall song of business and life throughout the village. A young woman stepped out onto the patio where Alexis worked and waited for the muffled-ear blacksmith to cool the glowing, red blade before tapping her shoulder. Last time she did lead to a bad ouch that she'd rather not risk again, but for good measure. After all, Alexis could not withstand the sound of her work due to sensitive hearing.

Those yellow eyes turned to her before widening with a happy surprise. She quickly put the weapon down before taking the ear protection off.

"Heyyyyy! You're back so soon, sis."

"I just arrived moment ago. I had to see some mages about homesteading but when I heard the clank of your hammer, I just had to stop by before."

Re'que, her elder sister, a financial advisor. She left days before on some business proposal that potentially lead to other endeavors. It surprised everyone even if in her delight.

"What's on earth is that?" She pointed at the sword. She obviously knew, but even so.

"A pretty monstrous weapon, for sure! I've never run into something this heavy before."

"Ah. A customer. Foreigner, definitely. Is he dashing?"

Alexis smiled and shook her head to dismiss the notion she would ever notice something like that.

"I forgot my sister has the senses of the divine, but no sight for men." She laughed and hugged her smoke-riddled sister. "I'll leave you to it then. I'll be back this afternoon."

With that, Alexis said her goodbyes and proceeded with her work. She worked nearly triple of her usual stock into the blade already, which left her to sharpen the results. This was the fastest part of the process but she made sure to rework the handle, guard and shinning off the pommel to boot. Although the amount of work would have taken many times longer, even a few days, she smiled as she removed the secrets to her speedy process: specialized Gloves she personally modified to shape metal and stone.

Quickly, she washed the blade a final time and dried it with hide before wrapping it up in cloth. Just under an hour, by minutes. Soon she stepped through the doors and placed it on the counter to see if the gentleman found the work acceptable.

Gawfy

Gawfy picked up his sword and Felt the added weight in his hands. He would swing it but would hate to trash the shop. He Dragged one of his fingers against it in a quick motion cutting his finger down to the bone. That was fast. he said as he put his sword on the rusted hook that kept it in place on his back. How much do i owe you?

Sir Voltz

A shudder rolled up her spine as the stranger cut his finger on the blade. Was he crazy? Not a word, expression or sound. Just finger slicing. She knew this bothered her, but mostly because it hurt to think about fingers, blades, bone and blood in the same topic pool. Maybe the guy was nice, even if troubled.

When he finally did speak, she couldn't help but pause. Maybe he wasn't nice? Should she feel worried?

"Uhhhhh, twenty gold." There she went. "Ahem! Because of how much it took to repair it."

Gawfy

If its good enough to cut me its good enough to cut others. Gotta know these kind of things before you go out with it. He said to the woman's now Pale face asking for payment. He Dug around in a leather satchel He counted it out in front of her and laid it out on the counter. Is this acceptable? He asked

Sir Voltz

Although much too extreme for her taste, the man made a point she couldn't rightfully argue with. Still, his own finger?! Maybe most warriors were like this. Either way, that mattered infinitely less as he started counting coin so effortlessly. Bold and odd he may be, but a poor man he clearly was not. This brought the color back to her face as she scooped up the payment for a job well done.

"Yes, certainly so! We appreciate your business."

The last part being a line most used by father, but since she made more money from a single  job than she typically does in three days, she felt it sincere.

"Remember us if you ever need anything else!"

Gawfy

Will do. He said as he turned around and started walking out of the shop. Satisfied with the work done.

Tags: