Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Taming Rock Formations (open)

Started by RedOptics, January 24, 2017, 06:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedOptics

The birds made way for the heavy weight as Andesine carefully calculated her position. The distance moved slower than she'd like it to, but sadly that was something that she could not change. Bringing the question up made the dragon think for a moment, thinking through what she remembered of the books the villagers had read to her once.

"No, but I believe we are indeed descendants of the dragons that were created by Earth dragons, that or I have a hidden power not even I knew about!" Perhaps she was indeed magical beneath the layers of amnesia she carried. Perhaps she really was magical! It was something that set off an explosion of butterflies in her stomach, giving her a full feeling before the hunger settled back into the pit of her insides.

"What about you humans?! Do you possess similar kinds of power?!" She looked back for a moment, before she forced her eyes to return to watching the flight path.

Wrathwyrm

So, Andesine wasn't personally aware of having any earth magic.  That's odd...  Wonder how Rattigan, her trainer, managed it.  Yes, umm...   The Draconian in question was a humanoid creature who might've been a draco-hybrid or some other variation.  It was never explained.  What IS known was that he had strong abilities to reshape and project earth.  It's why she wondered, really.  As to the dragon's own question...

"Alot of Serenians can learn magic just by being descended from the Fae!  Not all of them do, but the potential's still there!  I'm gifted, myself, but I mostly studied to make use of this blade!"

She almost gestured at Spark, but thought better of it because of the force of the wind and the fact that Andesine might not see it anyhow.  The truth was that Rena could learn to cast like her late uncle, Zan Goldswith, but had thrown herself into studies of her sword and lightning magic to get a hold over it.  That and...pretty much everything on the subject of resurrection theory...which was not really possible, truth be told.  It was an obsession of hers, for a while.  Thanks to someone repaying her for a rescue, Rena had let that particular issue go.

Sheshia

Kyselina was lading in a boulder looping at the arena down bellow her wondering what prey She could get or what berries she could pinpoint and come back later for. She was enjoying the breeze and just the weather in general. She dient care if it was snowing or training She was happy to be in it and was proud to be a flameless dragoness. She felt an inch on her Nick and sat up to scratch it when She looks up and sees a another dragon. She jumps for joy and watches it fly. She humms and takes of Toearegs the other dragon.
When She gets a good distantie bellow the dragon She picks up the schent of a humanoid. She could not contain her excitment and climbs a bit higher wanting to see who they were a bit closer. Maybe they would have seen the three elves that raised me! The thought had completely slipper her mind that not all Dragone were good allang with not all people Boeing good and would attack her if She got to close, but Thats what a dragon could be like particularly if they were raused by elves.

RedOptics

"I guess I've been spending too much time in the mountains that I had forgotten Serenians are so magical and glittery. Heh, hell, maybe someone here can help me regain my memories," Andesine glanced back at the sword the woman held, sensing its powerful aura even if it did nothing. To have to learn magic rather than be born with it sounded tiresome, either way, she felt already so very connected with the land beneath. And the fact that she manages to move any kind of dirt and stone bewildered the locals. Perhaps I am an elemental- ! She suddenly gasped to herself, what was that noise?

Flapping, whistling wind, breathing. Those weren't coming from her, there was another source, and her high senses detected it. Bending her neck to look down, she spotted another creature just below them, just gliding there and watching them. What vibe did she feel? Fear? Nah, she's encountered other dragons before, and managed to work things out both verbally and violently. Perhaps it was just a fear for this Serenian's life?

"Hold on," Andesine said with a low voice. If she were to stop to hover in the air, her end would weigh her down and force her to be in a vertical position, which could cause Rena to fall off.

Wrathwyrm

"You lost your Memory?  That's terrible!"

She was genuinely concerned about this.  A dragon without its memory?  No past, no understanding of self, no nothing?  Somehow, that felt worse than depriving a normal person of their memories.  This revelation found Rena concerned for the dragon.  She hoped that it wouldn't be like that for the creature forever.  This, however, would have to wait, as there was another dragon on the horizon and Andesine was going to do...something...that required her to hold on.

"I'm holding!"

What did this one want, anyway?  It seemed...curious, maybe?

RedOptics

The dragon slowed to a stop, her body falling into a vertical line from her tail. Andesine's plates would split and every spine would separate from each other, her head staying in the same place as not to let Rena's grip loosen.

"Hello?" She called down, wide eyes studying the dragon below. It became more clear that it was not out to hurt them, and more or less was actually curious about the two. Perhaps it had never seen another dragon before? Or was it because of the one on her back?

(Apologies for being short)

Sheshia

Kyselina looks up at the dragon and She smiles. "Hey. I was just lading down there," Kyselina motions to the boulder She was laying on, "and I was wondering if I could ask you two a few questions. They are really important." She looks at the base of the dragon shoulder not wanting to gain altitude just in case it seemed like She wanted a fight or invoked the other dragon. Which She definetly did not want to do. So She decided She was good with her current altitude and stayed there keeping it steady.

Wrathwyrm

At first, Rena thought that perhaps the other flyer was going to be less amicable than Andesine had been - No one can truly know the motivation of dragons, sometimes. - but this was turning out to be her day for dragons.  With her still clinging tightly to the tunneler's horns, Andesine went largely vertical as it made to hover, asking the other dragon of its purpose here.  It seemed that this one just wanted information.  Well, that was hardly a problem, right?  Rena leaned down to talk to Andesine.

"We're not in a great hurry, Andesine.  Shall we land and see what it wants to know?"

It could just be her kind nature speaking, but Rena was often a helper, and generally wouldn't withhold that help unless the person asking for it was too unsavory and the benefit was hardly worth putting up with it.  It couldn't hurt to at least hear it out.

RedOptics

It was clearly held in her expression that she was both nervous and cautious to be speaking with another dragon. They both had the potential to severely harm and possibly kill one another, but Andesine tried to see pass that.

She hesitated before warbling softly, lowering herself closer to the ground and eventually landing lightly. standing as tall as she could, she flicked her tongue to get a better smell of the dragoness before her.

"What's your name?" She asked, trying to keep a calm tone as she fixed her necklace and rested her tail at the ready. There was a pretty obvious message here, and it said 'Don't try anything.'

Sheshia

Reading the message Kyselina lands, "Woad calm down. I won't hurt you. I can't breath fire, if I can you'd already be dead." She lowers her wings a bit. "The name is Kyselina." She sniffs the air. "How about yours?" The smell was definetly elf. It made her feel a bit of a ache for her caretakers. Maybe she could find a rider of her own to keep her company. But until then she would have to make due with being nomadic.

(Sorry this took so long lol sort of got caught up in some stuff)

Wrathwyrm

The landing was softer than their respective attitudes, to begin with.  Andesine gave the dragon a warning not to do anything out of line, and the other dragon - though trying to reassure Andesine - decided to open up by mentioning fire breath, eve though it didn't have it.  This rather concerned Rena.  She could understand why Andesine would be high-strung, but why this one?  It seemed a little off.

Don't tell me this one's lost its memory too.

That would be tragic.  Think about it: Dragons - ancient reptilian beings - with no memory, even unto their own capabilities, maybe.  That would be terrifying and troublesome.  At any rate, this one identified itself as Kyselina.  Rena decided to play the smooth card to soothe their tempers a bit.  So, with a smirk, she spoke up.

"Introductions should always come first.  People asking information don't need to mention fire breath, I think.  Andesine was just worrying for my sake.  As for me, I'm Rena Goldswith."

That said, she softened up a little more now.

"So...what's wrong?"

RedOptics

A small, high-pitched trill escaped her throat as she took a step back. Harmless eh? Fine. Then I'll act that way as well. Andesine snorted and sat on her tail, the plates clanking together as her heavy tail dragged in over her talons.

"Speak. We need to be somewhere by sunrise." Her voice was snappy and quick. Clearly she had trust issues towards other dragons, and she had the scars to prove it. What could this dragon possibly want? Either way, Andesine wouldn't remember this moment well in the future, only bits and pieces.

Sheshia

"Okay I will speak." Kyselina snaps, Man this dragon is a good bit tense! She sits down. "I was wondering if any of you have seen three elves. A small group and they are very calm and quiet." Kyselina did not want to go into detail inase they thought bad of the way she was raised or decided to attack.

Wrathwyrm

Things were tense, but Rena was glad to see that they were calming down a bit.  With that taken care of, Rena listened to the other dragon's inquiry.  It was a little vague...  Presumably, she knew more about these three elves, but for some reason didn't speak of them in great detail.  Perhaps trust issues were appearing both way, and she had no desire to have undue pressure or problems befall these three.

"I'm afraid there are alot of elves in Serendipity, even roaming ones who remain quiet and reserved.  I can't really think of anyone specific you might be looking for.  And believe me, I look for people."

She had her own personal quest, to find this roaming maniac calling himself Garlock The Destroyer...  Perhaps Andesine had seen something?

RedOptics

"I only interact with other species when trading. But I have yet to encounter a small group of calm and quiet elves. Sorry," Andesine stated with a voice of apology, sitting tall, "Have you tried looking for an elf village?" She asked, tilting her head a little.

Of course there would be a way to find them, like asking a wizard to enchant an item to see then, or asking a tracker. Going yourself on this sort of journey sounded difficult and tiring. Andesine would never be able to do it, and she's been nearly all over the mainland.

Sheshia

"I would have but they told me to stay away from settlements for as long as possible. Or if I need something." Kyselina smiles, "The whole, "Ooohh Its a dragon! Kill it!" does not work Well for our kind. I think you know that as Well Andesine."
Deep down her hopen we dashes. She had hoped to Find them again and Maybe catch up but it seemed her family just decided to do a disappearing act. "Even Some elf villages are weary around us."

Wrathwyrm

"Well, not everyone is like that.  I know that's hard to determine, sometimes, but there are people that are a bit more open-minded."

Like her, basically, but the point stands that not everyone panicked and fled at the sight of a dragon or tried to kill it.  Some people knew dragons could be intelligent and majestic creatures and all that.  I mean, good god, she'd found two such dragons right here!

"This isn't gonna be easy for you, but you've just got to persevere and hope for the best.  Try finding someone who can scry, a bit of search magic to get you going."

Then, an additional thought flung itself into her head, and she spoke a bit more excitedly.

"Try to find a woman called Natah, if you can.  She's really powerful and she stands out a bit."

Rena described Natah to the best of her ability for the dragon.

"I rescued her from Essyrn not long ago and...well...needless to say, she helped me out with something important to me.  She definitely has the ability to find your friends.  I'm not sure where exactly to find her, but you can definitely write off Essyrn and Connlaoth.  Might try La'Marri, just because they're open to all kinds and they might have what you need anyway because they're a small magic community.  Anyway, there's ways to get help.  I hope it works out for you."

RedOptics

Andesine silently listed, her mind put to multitask as her wings twitch. You could tell she was eager. But launching from the ground and into the air was difficult, however it was doable. Falling from a cliff just so happened to be easier, and the night was not getting any younger as the sun had finally ended its reign in the sky.

The tales Rena had to tell would sound amazing to listen to. For she herself did not have adventures other than digging and trading. Her tail dragged along the ground, casting a large mark of dug up dirt.

Tags: