Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Everything's Changed (Blinkers)

Started by Salzem, January 25, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Aeizith's smile returned as Silver began shoveling all the things little Amber had selected onto her plate, filling it with all sorts of greens to the green beans to steamed cabbage. It was actually kind of strange to see someone inhale that much health-food and once and so merrily as well... He was starting to think that it wasn't because she disliked meat at all, rather because she liked her vegetables too much. Then again, who was he to question her preferences? All that meant was that she left more of it for him and the rest of his merry crew! Cleaning of his plate as well, the little ice dragon sighed, content, but not really full. His body didn't process food the same way and burned it all of almost as fast as it entered his stomach. In theory, he could've burned through this entire meal and only feel a little bit full, what with this rocket-fuel-physiology of his... There was one thing he could say for it though: No blood would ever come close to the flavor he had just experienced in that night... He was going to have to start calling his soldiers "battle-cooks" because that's what they were becoming!

The little ice dragon couldn't help but keep turning an annoyed gaze over to the assassin woman that was talking to Silver, Laeia he believe her name was... Young, maybe a little younger than Silver and utterly infatuated with him. No matter how subtle her glances were, no matter how hard she tried to hide her feelings, he could hear her heart-beat pick up each time her eyes fell on him, smell the different chemicals in her body pick-up as her arousal increased. Even if somehow he had never met Silver, she just wasn't the kind he would have... Laeia had the reputation for stirring up trouble among the younger assassins, pitting them against one another with planting evidence of something or other, spreading rumors, defacing her superiors... But she never touched him with her games... In fact, she was always strictly business, or at least trying to hide behind that facade whenever he was around... It was only now, at this dinner table did her affections for him become blatantly obvious to the vampire and he found them... disrespectful. He had a family! A lover! A child and yet it was as if she was trying to selfishly wedge herself between them.

The dragon's attention was regained as Amber spoke, asking what they would do while "mommy" was out shopping. Despite everything, Aeizith grinned. "Well, l-little one... I-I thought I-I might s-show you a f-few tricks... I-I can control I-Ice too you know..." He smile softly, taking his napkin and dabbing it around Amber's lips and cheeks, wiping off the crumbs of bread and greenery from her dinner. "M-maybe t-teach you s-something 'c-cool' if y-you're good..."

Blink

As her eyes had been going back and forth all night Silver caught Aeizith giving Laeia a strange look, one that was substantial enough she would remember to ask him about it later when they went to bed. Amber seemed to be completely oblivious to it, which was a good thing. Instead Amber was too busy hanging on Aeizith's every word as he told her about controlling her abilities. Then as if looking into the past she saw a hint of a smug look cross her daughters face, one that in that moment made her feel she was looking at a reincarnated Jacobi. And when she thought Amber could not get any more similar her daughter said something that sent a chill down her spine from the mere similarity.

"I will be the best ever."

What she said wasn't bad per se, but more of a look into the future her daughter now laid out. Amber would be just like Jacobi, constantly thinking her ice magic would never be perfected, would never be what it should be. Silver glared at Aeizith for a moment, knowing full well he would have no idea why her expression had suddenly changed. But then Amber looked at her mother and her smile slowly faded, thinking she said something wrong. Quickly, Silver tried to recover the situation. "You are already the best."

With that dinner was over and Silver stood up first handing her plate to one of the assassins that was going around collecting them. From there she walked around the table and pulled Amber's chair out holding out her hand for her daughter to grasp. Amber all to willingly wrapped her fingers around her mothers palm and followed her out of the dining room and upstairs to her new bedroom. "Let me go get you something to wear to bed sweetheart." Silver then left Amber in the room, careful to leave the door open so she did not feel closed in. She had not gone far, just into her own room next door and to their wardrobe, digging through it hoping she would find something the small girl could wear, but in reality Silver was much taller than her daughter and everything she owned would swallow her whole.

Thinking on her feet she walked out of her bedroom and peaked her head into Amber's where the little girl still stood just staring at the doorway. "Hold on just a second." And then she was gone again and went knocking on one of the doors a bit of the way down the hall. Inside was one of Aeizith's assassins, one she knew had a child that visited from time to time, a little girl about the same age as Amber. Happily the assassin offered a night gown to Silver and from there she was headed back to Amber's room, where this time she closed the door behind them. "This is why I am running to town tomorrow. You need more to wear than just one piece of clothing."

Amber nodded in agreement as she started stepping out of her clothing before her mother slipped the gown over her head. Then Silver lead her to the bed and pulled the sheets back, helping her daughter climb into it before pulling the blankets over her daughter. Leaning in she kissed Amber on the forehead before checking one more time to make sure she was tucked in well enough. "If you need anything I am right next door. If you feel scared or just alone don't be afraid to knock." And then Silver was out of the room, blowing out the candle before leaving the door cracked enough to let some light in.

From there she entered her own room but not before making sure Aeizith would check on Amber one more time before she herself started getting ready for bed. So while she waited she merely sat at the edge of the bed in anticipation, knowing full well the two had a lot to talk about. When Aezith would enter she would dive right in with the questions. "How are you feeling about all of this? Is it too much? If it is just tell me."

Salzem

Aeizith smiled gently as Amber declared she would be "the best ever". That's what he wanted to hear... He anticipated tomorrow would be filled with fun for the two of them, learning about each-other, their desires and personalities, their goals and aspirations... He had this whole day planned out for them the moment he proposed the idea and he was eagerly awaiting the mere MOMENT he got to put it all into action... However, what caught him off guard more than anything else that day... was Silver's expression... She glared at him like he had said something wrong, like he shouldn't have proposed a good time with her, like that wasn't what she wanted from him at all... What did she want, him teaching her how the world worked, history, battle tactics and things? She was a mere 6 year old and he couldn't do that...

Not having the foggiest idea what that was all about, Aeizith finished off his plate and his assassins, a god-send they were, began clearing the table, putting on-ice what they could and salting the rest for use in later meals. Taking Amber's hand, Silver lead her upstairs to her room with Aeizith following a few steps behind, tucking his hands into his jacket-pockets and staying outside the door. Silver seemed to notice that their little girl actually had NO clothes of her own and any they tried to share would simply swallow her up as she did her dinner just a moment ago. Coming to the same conclusion faster than he, Silver went up to one of the younger assassins, easily in her mid-to-late teens that had a little girl of her own, impregnated through a history she never discussed for obvious reasons. She was all too willing to offer some of her own child's clothes fore she had a daughter the same age as Amber and wanted to do everything she could to help her little one live a wonderful life...

Aeizith only grinned a small bit as Silver slipped back inside Amber's room, helping her slip on her gown before tucking her into bed. As the beautiful half-elf slipped out the little ice dragon stepped in, gently smiling at the sweet little girl tucked away under her covers.

"W-we'll be j-just one room over... S-sleep well, little one...." He murmured before stepping into he and Silver's room, noticing how she was staring at him intently, resting almost tense on the bed. As Silver asked her question if things were just a little too much now that Amber was here, The little ice dragon chuckled, walking over to where his sweet Silver sat, setting himself down beside her and placing a quick kiss on her lips. She'd easily be able to tell he was tired, exhausted as if he'd put in a hard days work this evening, but he felt good, all things considered...

"I-I will... I-if or w-when it happens..." He smiled but somewhat confused as well, that glare in the dining room still haunting him. "A-and... what was th-that look for...? D-did I s-say something o-out of t-turn...?"

Blink

When first her mother and then Aeizith came in to say goodnight Amber simply smiled at them, and before she knew it they were gone, only the light from the hallway peaking into her room. She couldn't help but have her eyes scan the darkened room, searching for anything that may be hidden within. Once she was sure there was nothing lingering she closed her eyes in an attempt to get some sleep, it would be harder that she hoped to do so.

Meanwhile in the other room Aeizith had already began answering Silver's questions and then countered them with one of his own. She wasn't quite sure how to answer him without getting him upset. "So I have kind of told you before how I was when I was younger right? Loud, mischievous... thought I could do anything. Well Jacobi was way worse on those terms. He was quiet, serious but also determined to perfect his craft, he was worse than me about training... always pushing himself too far." Silver stood up from the bed but continued on with her story even while she started to get undressed. "Amber is a Ruscoqui and I would love nothing more than to have already started her training, I was younger than her when I began. But I worry she will take it too seriously. As I am sure you have seen she is a people pleaser. She will do whatever it takes to make someone proud of her, she has always been like that."

Silver pulled her top off first, followed by her bottoms and belts as well as the daggers she kept on her throughout the day. "I worry that even if she is hurting she won't tell you." Silver then walked over to their wardrobe and laid her clothes inside. Now only wearing the thin cream colored undergarments she wore underneath everything she walked back over to the bed, sitting at the end of it once more. "Promise me that tomorrow if you do show her anything that its not too much."

Salzem

Aeizith smiled mischievously as Silver began her explanation, unable to resist the temptation to kiss her again as she stated how she was in her younger years and how she believed she could do anything. The little ice dragon leaned in and pressed his lips to hers gently, interrupting her explanation with a slow, loving kiss meant to liberate them both of this heavy mood that fell over them. After a second or two, he'd pull away grinning, winking at his beautiful half-elf knowingly.

"I still b-believe you CAN do a-anything..." He murmured, this time keeping his distance so he could hear what she had to say. Much to the little ice dragon's discomfort, she went on about Jacobi of all people, stating how he was nothing like she was back in the day, always so quiet, determined to master his cryomancy, and a far more diligent trainer than her... perhaps even bordering on self-harm. She then commented how Aeizith must've noticed how much Amber wanted to please them, doing whatever it took to make someone proud of her. Yeah... he did see that... In fact, it was kind of hard to miss... When he proposed he was going to teach Amber a few things, her eyes lit up as if she was FINALLY given an opportunity to prove her worth, to show that she was worthy of this life she was given. He could see all of this because he was and is the exact same way. It almost made him cringe comparing himself to Jacobi, if even a little, and even more so through his daughter.

Silver began to undress while she told her story and Aeizith did as well as he listened, stripping off his jacket, his shirt, then his gloves, boots and pants, leaving him only in his light blue white underwear when Silver returned to the bed, worried that Amber might push herself too far and never speak it, that he wouldn't be able to tell until the damage had already been done... At first, Aeizith was hurt, believing that perhaps she didn't trust him to keep his little girl out of harms way. She would be able to see it in his eyes, but only a moment as it slipped away beneath the surface.

"I-I understand..." He whispered, his pale hand slipping over hers, staring into her eyes intensely. "N-no harm will e-ever come to our b-baby... I-I w-won't allow i-it... I-I love her... a-and I l-love you..."

Blink

All she could do was smile at Aeizith's statement, telling her that he would never allow harm to come to Amber. Leaning in she pecked Aeizith's lips before rolling backwards on the bed, pulling the blankets over herself when she reached the spot she normally slept. "No funny business tonight, not on her first night." Silver had a point, if Amber were to come strolling in during one of their 'escapades' it would surely traumatize the girl for life. Sitting up just a fraction Silver blew the candle out on her bedside table before once again becoming one with the blankets, and in a matter of minutes she was sound asleep.

-x-

Silver was up before the sun and she did her best not to stir Aeizith as she put on her normal attire, even though with his hearing it was most likely impossible. Still after she was dressed she walked over to him and planted a sweet kiss on his lips, smiling before walking out of the bedroom door. She couldn't help but peak into Amber's room next door where her little girl was half hanging off of the bed, but asleep. Giggling she tiptoed into the room, using her wind to lighten her footsteps the same way she would if she were sneaking up on an opponent. Carefully she scooted Amber back into the bed, making sure all of her limbs were safely on the cushion of the mattress before pulling the blanket over her a bit more. Leaning down she kissed her daughter on the forehead before once again leaving the room on her way out.

Taking two Assassin's with her, Silver made her way towards town... a full day of shopping ahead of her.

Amber though heard the door close downstairs, someone had shut it a bit too harshly when they left. Sitting up in her bed she rubbed her eyes a bit before yawning and stretching her arms out. When her eyes focused, she had almost forgotten where she was, half expecting yesterday to have been a long dream. When Amber found her bearings she slid out of the bed, her small feet making a the tiniest 'pat' noise on the floor when they hit. The small girl then made her way over to where her mother had laid her clothes the night before and without any help undressed, and then redressed in her normal attire of a white long sleeved blouse and black leggings covered by a light blue dress. After making an attempt to fix her rustled hair a bit she sat on the floor, struggling to slip her boots on her feet, but with great effort she had finally succeeded with the task.

Standing back up she placed a hand on each hip, ready to face the day. She had already remembered her promise from Aeizith and she was going to hold him to it. So without any further hesitation she poked her head out of her doorway, looking first left then right. "Aeizey?" she whispered, hoping that he was somewhere close. Going and finding him on her own was simply not an option... too scary.

Salzem

Aeizith pecked Silver's lips right back and snickered at her request of no "funny business." Most certainly he would abide by this but that didn't mean he couldn't sleep close with the girl he loved. As Silver wrapped herself up in the blankets in their bed, so did the little ice dragon, curling up besides the half elf and wrapping his arms around her softly as she blew out the candle that provided light for their room. Almost instantly, she fell asleep and he smiled placing a soft kiss on her forehead before he too was out like a light.

-x-

No matter how deft his love was climbing out of bed, Aeizith's senses were simply far superior, even when he was asleep. He immediately regretted opening his eyes this early morning... The light bombarded his eyes made for the dark as if it had a vendetta, immediately the little ice dragon retreating into his sheets to bathe himself in darkness. Silver wouldn't have it it seemed, digging him out of the bed simply to place a long, sweet kiss upon his lips, waking him up like nothing else... He was so tempted to drag her back in with him, too ravish her for reason of her mere presence, but he remembered two very important things: Their daughter was in the next room, and Silver had to go shopping. Sighing, he smiled tiredly back as he watched his sweet go, slipping down the stares and out the door, monitoring with his enhanced hearing until she couldn't be detected anymore. With some reluctance, the young vampire's feet found the floor by some miracle of the gods, stumbling as he rediscovered what balance was, slipping on his clothes all the while. It was only when the little ice dragon was fully clad did he hear his little Amber's voice squeak out from next door, calling him by the name of "Aeizey...." This little one seemed to know just the right buttons to push to make his heart melt away into a pool of what it once was, making the little ice dragon nothing but smiles. He stepped out of his bedroom, looking over to the room beside and spotting his little girl peeking out through her door, seemingly frightened to look for him on her own.

"Good m-morning, A-amber..." Aeizith smiled, crouching down low and extending his arms wide to embrace her if she so desired. "S-sleep well...?"

Blink

The little girl did not hesitate to smile at Aeizith's appearance from the doorway next to hers. Quickly she leaned in to hug him before stepping back, and giving him the best smile she could muster while nodding to answer his question. In Truth though she was lying, her night full of waking up several times over and over again. Every single noise that traveled through the large house that found her ears caused her to toss and turn, but she was not going to tell him that.

"Show me." her short declaration followed with the little girl raising her own hand in front of him. Then, concentrating super hard she stared at her palm going as far as pursing her lips as she concentrated as hard as she could. After a few moments a very small bit of snow appeared to seep from her skin, sitting in her palm for only seconds before it melted from her bodies natural temperature.

The look on her face was disappointed to say the least, more embarrassed than anything that she couldn't conjure up something better. In fact, it seemed as though the only time she was really able to create anything was when she was upset. Any other time the only thing she had going for her was how she never got hot, or too cold for that matter. Long after the bit of snow melted she was still trying to concentrate on it, determined to make something happen. The silent and serious front she was holding though was quickly shattered as her stomach grumbled just as it had the day before.

With eyes wide she looked at Aeizith before turning her head, not able to bear maintaining eye contact with him in that moment. "I-Im fine" her voice shaky as she tried to hide how she was feeling. In her mind the hunger she was now feeling was nothing more than a nuisance. Something to get in the way of her finally learning how to use the powers she had been born with. Something that she would ignore if she could, a waste of time.

Salzem

The little ice dragon wrapped his arms around the little girl as she accepted his hug, holding her against him for a few moments before letting her go. Almost immediately the little girl stepped back and almost seemed to DEMAND that they get right to what he promised the evening before. The dragon smirked, about to offer her breakfast first before the little girl held out her hand, staring at it with such intensity it was like she was trying to will it into changing shape. Confused, he glanced from Amber's pursed lipped face to her arm, to back to Amber again before finally detecting the very small amount of frost climbing up her pale skin, almost like a very thin coat of fur dotting her flesh. Although, just as quickly it began to recede and Aeizith covered his mouth with his hand in order to hide the small smile creeping across his lips as Amber's face took on an EVEN MORE INTENSE expression. It looked as if she had a cramp or something and was desperately trying to hide the fact that she was in pain... It was adorable... What was even more adorable was in the midst of all this, a loud gurgling growl erupted from the little girl's stomach, Immediately causing both of their eyes to go wide and for Amber to turn her head away, seemingly embarrassed. He couldn't help it... Aeizith laughed lightly, only growing more merry as the the little-one claimed that she was fine... Still snickering, Aeizith scooped up the little girl in his arms with a single fluid motion that was almost inhuman, cradling her in his arms as he made his way downstairs and into the dining room.

"C-come on..." He snickered, gently *boop*ing her nose with his finger. "I h-haven't gotten t-to eat yet a-and you h-haven't either... If y-you finish y-your breakfast... I'll show you..." This was a promise and something he fully intended to do...

(VERY MINOR TIME SKIP) -x-

After breakfast, both Aeizith and Amber would be outside in the clearing in front of their house that served as their front yard, ice already creeping out from under the dragon's boots and across the grass.

"A-alright... L-lets have s-some fun, okay...?" With a small grin and a snap of his fingers, a large snow-pile formed right in front of him, covering the distance between Amber and the vampire himself. It was as if winter had came already, snow was gently falling from the air, a lump of it was on the ground, it was so soft and squishy, easy for the lessons he was about to teach.

"Now... i-its actually t-the hardest p-part to make I-ice out of th-thin air... L-lets try sh-shaping this e-easy stuff first! T-try lifting the sn-snow without your h-hands... okay...?"

Blink

Amber was quite surprised when Aeizith scooped her up, carrying her off for breakfast whether she wanted it or not. She would have told him no, but that may have upset him and she didn't want that. So whether she was willing to or not she ate everything on the plate that was brought to her, the fact that no meat was present an obstacle overcome.
-x-

Now standing outside with Aezith she watched in wonder as ice had already began to trickle from beneath his boots. And then before she knew it there was snow all over, even falling from the sky in little puffs. She couldn't help but crouch down scooping some of it into her hand before dropping it when Aeizith began speaking to her. He wanted to have fun? Tilting her head to the side she was confused by this notion, thinking that they would be serious the whole time. But who was she to complain? He was the one who could control his god given gift and she could not. So upon his request Amber started to concentrate on the snow in front of her, her hands shaking as the muscles in them tensed up. She was trying so hard to make it move, to will it to move.

After what seemed like hours (in reality only minutes) she saw the snow shift in front of her, but only lifted about an inch off the ground before it plopped back down. Such a minor feat in her eyes, not good enough. So without even waiting for a congratulations or even smiling at how she had at least managed to get it to move she concentrated even harder, her brows furrowing as her face tensed more and more. And then... something appeared in the corner of her eye. Was it a reflection maybe? This man had white hair just like her mother and Aeizith, but he was taller. His hair was shorter, his eyes visible from even this distance as being a vibrant hue of blue. Immediately her concentration was broken and replaced with confusion as she instinctively ran behind Aeizith, peaking her head out from behind his leg as the man came closer.

When he first came onto the clearing he could see the large house first, just as described by the villagers he had spoken to the night before. He had been searching for months for the girl with orchid eyes, the girl with slightly pointed ears and hair the same hue as the moon. And finally, well finally someone knew exactly who he was describing. They had told him she was seen just that morning, walking with another man and a child... he would be lying if he didn't say that broke his heart a bit. He assumed she had moved on, from what he gathered it had been 6 years since he died, only in the last year able to re-manifest thanks to his elemental ancestors.

From the moment he was himself again he had been searching for her, even tried to visit the old hideout only to find a shredded wanted poster in the main room. The woman on the poster though he knew of, the last mission Silver was sent out on before she returned. He was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, hoping and praying something had possessed her to kill him.

Soon the man and child described were in view and Jacobi could feel his heart racing a bit, but also shatter as he saw the cryomancy they were practicing... but no Silver. As soon as he noticed them looking at him though he put his hands in the air to show no harm as he continued to approach, his face half a smile half serious. "Hello." He lowered his hands to his sides as he locked eyes with the man he assumed to be the child's father. "This may sound ridiculous but I am looking for a girl." He then moved his hand to just above his chest but held it out as if he were placing it on top of an invisible object. "She is about this tall, with the most beautiful eyes..." he trailed off thinking of them before he looked at the little girl, the sight of her breaking his heart even more. Oh boy this was going to be harder than he thought.

"Eyes like that." His voice was almost broken when he pointed at Amber. "Her name is Silver... do you know her?" Deep down part of him wanted them to say yes, while another half of his heart hoped he was wrong, and that she had not already gone and started a family without him. "Her hair is white... like yours and hers" he continued to point at the little girl knowing that she was Silver's daughter. She looked too much like her not to be. 

Salzem

Aeizith studied the little girl as she stared as intensely at the bundle of snow at her feet as she did her arm a few moments before, again his face breaking into a smile at her expression of concentration... She was just so CUTE when she tried to be serious, it wasn't even funny... And then... he smelled someone... heard them... felt their presence... Even before noticing that Amber was now staring over his shoulder, Aeizith, unfortunately sensed his presence the moment he stepped into the clearing. How did he get past his assassins!? Did they let him go...? Did he harm any of them... So help him if not all of his guards reported in tonight he was going to track down this stranger and drink his blood himself!

The little ice dragon turned to face the unexpected newcomer immediately blindsided with the face that stared back at him one he never... EVER wanted to see moving, breathing... living... Jacobi's face... He was a few inches taller than Aeizith and certainly looked like far more of a man... He had a thicker build, a stronger jaw-line, shorter white hair and a face that could melt any girl's heart. He couldn't believe it... How could this man be standing here!? Wasn't he dead!? Didn't Silver say she killed him herself!? What...

After the dragon recovered, his expression and body-language immediately became defensive, one hand gently placed on Amber's head as she hid behind his leg, the other curled into an angered fist.... perhaps just because this man was here, alive, waving and smiling like he had a right to be there. He didn't have a right to even breath as far as he was concerned and yet... here he was... In the flesh... Standing on his property as if he owned it...

"What do you want?" the ice-dragon growled, playing dumb for all it was worth, hoping that maybe, just maybe he'd walk right out of their lives like he walked in, silent and unannounced. Jacobi mentioned that he was looking for a girl, lifting his hand up about his mid-face to equate her height. He said the "girl" he was looking for had white hair and... "the most beautiful eyes". His gaze immediately flicked down to Amber and the little ice dragon immediately adjusted his leg to hide her from his view as if he might forget her presence.

"Amber?" Aeizith asked, not taking his eyes of the walking dead-man. "Go inside now. Find somebody and stick with them. I'll be inside in a moment." His voice made it clear that this was no time for arguments, that he needed a moment alone with this... man.

"What do you want with her?" Aeizith asked, whether or not Amber actually complied with his request. "I can't give you the location of someone without knowing your intentions mr..." He was holding out any modicum of hope that maybe... JUST MAYBE this was someone else.... please let it be someone else...

Blink

Amber was thrown off by Aeizith's change of behavior, it made her afraid. Who was this man to make him react in such a way? Yet still even when he moved his leg to block her view she just shifted sides and peaked from behind his other leg. But then he asked her to do something she didn't want to, and that upset her. But stuck between the line of doing what she wanted and pleasing others she slowly stepped back, looking at the man who had just walked up and she felt something... she felt drawn to him, it was odd. After mere seconds though she complied and turned quickly before darting inside, shutting the door behind her. Right after she climbed onto the couch, pulling a curtain behind it back as she watched out the window.

Jacobi didn't take this mans tone of stance lightly. "Whoa whoa" his hands now back in front of him to show he meant no harm. "I don't want anything other than to talk to her." His attitude then shifted back to a calmer one, placing a hand behind his neck. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you but she actually killed me. I just want to know why." Lowering his hand from his neck he shifted his weight a bit, trying to make the best of the situation. "We grew up together in a sense. She probably doesn't even know I'm alive. Heck I didn't believe it at first, but I am... and I am here now."

Trying to lighten the mood he continued his explanation of things, hoping it would ease the man standing before him a bit. "I promise I mean no harm, I just want to talk with her. I can see she has a family now." He paused as he saw the little girl who apparently was named Amber peaking through the window. "She looks just like her... It's almost scary. You must be a proud father to have a daughter so beautiful." Jacobi then started to laugh a bit as the name of the young girl bounced off the walls within his mind. "She always did have a thing for sunsets. It's no suprise she would name her child after one of the beautiful colors it creates."

"By the way... I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jacobi, and it is always a pleasure to meet another ice elemental like myself." ... even if it broke his heart to meet him.

Salzem

He was at least grateful that Amber complied with his request, running back inside and leaving him alone with this man that should be 6 feet under. Detecting Aeizith's obvious hostile tone and stance, Jacobi raised his hands quickly, intent on showing that he wasn't someone to be feared. Oh... Aeizith didn't fear him... He hated the fact that he was ALIVE right now and having the gall to search for Silver after all this time. He was enraged because he knew something that Jacobi didn't: That Silver still loved this man about as/if not more than she did him... She always had. He could tell whenever she spoke his name, when they looked at his poster together back in her ruined fortress, whenever he was brought up in any way, shape, or form and Aeizith was JEALOUS. Hell, he wasn't just jealous, he wanted to stamp the life out of this person where he stood because he knew that the moment Silver came home and saw this blast-from-her-past standing on their land, It'd be all over... It'd be like he never died and he'd be cast aside like every other family he had... They'd probably want the house too. AND his assassins no doubt so they could have their merry Fox-people group back. He knew that if Silver ever laid eyes upon this man...

He'd be alone... Again... The family he thought he had, the love he thought he'd earned... His sweet Silver.... It'd all be gone...

Acting against his preferred instinct, Aeizith shoved his hands into his heavy coat pockets, not saying a word as he promised that he meant no harm, how he simply wanted to talk. The little ice dragon felt himself actively restraining his magic, keeping it all bundled up on the inside in the core of his being... Gods... how utterly stupid was he...? Couldn't he see his child when she was standing in front of his face a moment ago!? Jacobi noted how Aeizith must've been a proud father to have such a beautiful child, laughing a bit as he wondered about Amber's name. Aeizith didn't laugh. He didn't snicker, smile or smirk. His face was an angered frown, his gaze growing colder by the second. He didn't appear defensive anymore. No, if anything, he seemed openly aggressive, perhaps even vengeful against this man Aeizith didn't even know of until recently. Maybe he was a good guy. Maybe he had no intentions of stealing his Silver way from him, but his existence was enough to light the fuse on this bomb.

"I'm not an elemental." His voice was as flat, cold and edged as a bet or icicles. "And I think you should go. Now."

Blink

Picking up on the anger emanating from the man Jacobi took another step back, his last intention being to mess up whatever it was that Silver had built for herself here. He could see the lack of response when he talked about the little girl and Silver, causing something to stir deep within him. No way? It couldn't be? Immediately his eyes flicked back to the little girl with her fingers pressed against the window, looking out completely confused on what was happening right now. He stared at her for a minute, and then the tears started to well in his eyes.. the tears he had been trying to keep pushed back the entire time. "She has my nose."

It took everything he had not to take a step closer, to walk on past this man and right up to the little girl he now suspected to be his child... but he didn't. That may have been his child but she clearly belonged to this man now. He had probably raised her, taught her so many things. His thought process though was completely interupted when a very strong gust of wind swept past him, the way it coursed through his clothes and hair causing a serious expression to now lay on his face. He knew this wind... this feeling, it was Silver.

Turning around Jacobi laid his eyes on the girl he loved standing just at the edge of the clearing from the woods that led from the town. She was accompanied by two others, both in black with faces covered, all of them carrying all sorts of things.. except Silver. Whatever she was carrying was now laying in the dirt as she stood still and emotionless staring at the scene in front of her. From the moment she thought it was him she sent her wind, only to have that all too familiar feeling returned ten fold. How? How was this possible?

Jacobi was as frozen as she was, and the both of them just stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. "I deserve this" Silver thought to herself as she stared at the very alive man she had thought to have killed years ago. "I should have known this would happen" another thought creeping through her mind as she stared into his enchanting eyes. It was almost impossible to describe how she was feeling right now. Hurt yet happy. Broken yet rebuilt.

Even if she was standing a bit of distance away she allowed her soft spoken words to travel by air, reaching Jacobi's ears. "You died.... She made me kill you." By now Silver's cheeks were already drenched from the tears that had been falling the entire time and Jacobi could see it. As if mirroring each other both of them took off in a sprint towards the other, clashing together in a hug so tight one may think they were going to suffocate one another. "I knew it wasn't you, I knew you would never-"Jacobi's words an acceptance of what happened on that fateful day six years ago. Both of them fell to their knees embracing one another neither able to believe this moment was real.

Amber though could see it all from the window inside and no longer was able to remain silent. Jumping off the couch she sprinted through the door and up to Aeizith, standing behind him once more. "Mommy! What about Aeizey!"

Her child's plea snapping her out of the moment Silver pulled back, slowly standing up and wrapping her arms around herself. What was she supposed to do now? All these years she thought Jacobi was dead, she had grieved him time and time again, moved on... found a new family. Looking between Aeizith and Jacobi, the elven girl could feel herself falling apart. Slowly she took a few more steps backwards, her eyes still shifting between the two with a look of complete self hatred across her face. "I-I can't do this..." Continually stepping backwards away from the two she could feel her entire world shattering right before her eyes. This... this was worse than losing someone she loved. This was pure hell, pure torture....

Her heart was torn in two pieces, and she could quite literally feel it. Part of her could see how broken Aeizith must be right now, and she wanted to run up to him and tell him not to worry. But could she? Everything was different now with Jacobi back in the picture. Her eyes then singled Aeizith out, knowing full well despite the distance he would hear her word for word. "Don't make me choose, not like this." Her words forcing their way out between sobs. "I-I lov-" The moment she felt herself saying the word the pain in her chest increased ten fold causing her to bellow over in agony as she clutched her stomach ever tighter.

All Jacobi could do was look on and watch it all happen. This was a decision she would have to make on her own, one that he could not make for her. In that moment he could have easily brought something up to remind her of the relationship they once had, but he was not that callous. And unlike the man who had been nothing but spiteful towards him from the moment he arrived Jacobi kept his emotions in check. Not a single shard of ice would emit from his body, not a single gust of cold air... nothing. Just as he was years ago he was still just as in control of his abilities as the day he died.

Salzem

Aeizith glared at the man as he looked past him at the house, at HIS baby girl, his own moral code being the only thing that kept him from killing this man again. Jacobi shouldn't be allowed to look at his daughter... he shouldn't be allowed to cry when he finally pieced it all together. He shouldn't be allowed to stand there and act like a father returning home to the family HE never had! The family he was going to steal from Aeizith... What an insidious creature he was... What a disgustingly devious monster of a man who can stand there and cry in front of someone like it was HIS right to do so... Any other dragon would have gored him where he stood for simply violating his territory. Any other dragon would have made his life hell for simply being who he was and what he was surely planning to do. Any other dragon would have made every last living and dying moment of this man one of nothing but pain and loss for standing there and sobbing like HE had lost something... And then... it went from bad... to worse... Aeizith felt a familiar breeze rustle through his snow-white hair and across his pale skin, a sensation that once made the little ice dragon smile now filled him with dread. Whatever color in his face drained away into nothingness as his head slowly turned to face the direction in which the current was coming from.

Oh no... nononononono... He whispered to himself, staring in horror as the girl he loved standing just inside the clearing, back from her shopping trip... Without Aeizith even needing to state a command, the Assassins immediately rushed past both Aeizith and Jacobi on either side, making their way into the house with the stuff they carried, knowing not to get involved in their master's personal affairs. No.... No....... Why did she have to be here... Why did she have to be here now of all times!? The dragon stared at her... Silver stared at Jacobi... Jacobi stared back, neither of them believing what was happening... To Silver and the dead-man, this was a moment of joy, reuniting with their old loves again. For Aeizith, it was the beginning to his awakening into the nightmare he called reality... It never lasted... Family never lasted... he was going to be alone again...

As if confirming his suspicions, Silver and Jacobi ran at each-other spontaneously as Aeizith watched from afar, unable to look away as the two tearfully embraced, holding eachother as tightly as they could without actively breaking each-other's spines. Gods... why.... why did you have to do this....? He wasn't going to deny he was selfish. He wasn't going to deny that perhaps Silver would be much better off with this man-of-the-dead, but.... Why....? Why did it have to be that way!? It was decided... it was over, wasn't it...? Nothing more to see here... No reason to even be here... Game. Over. Before Aeizith could turn his back and make his way back into the house to collect his things, resigned to the fact that this.... this beautiful dream that was his family with Silver was just that, he felt something run into his legs. The little ice dragon let out a gasp of surprise and look down, seeing that it was Amber who'd hit him, clinging to his pants-legs as she peered out around.

Her words, Amber's innocent little question cut a swath through the dragon's heart without her even meaning to... Yeah. What ABOUT him...? He couldn't compete with Jacobi, not with someone who's been her friend for most of Silver's entire life... Aeizith flinched when he heard Silver's voice, but his eyes immediately shot up when he heard exactly what she said...

I-I can't do this...

"S-Silver...?" Aeizith asked, more scared for her than anything else. She took step after step away from both him and Jacobi, looking like she was about to suffer from a mental break-down. She looked so confused, so heart-broken, torn, scared...

"Silver... It's okay...." Aeizith spoke, just loud enough for her to hear. He smiled, despite his whole insides feeling like they were liquefying to jelly. "It's okay... You don't have to choose..." Slowly, shakily like an automaton about to fall apart, Aeizith scooped up Amber in his arms, holding her close for what he felt would be the last time. "Just give me a moment or two and I'll be gone..." His sanguine eyes flicked back over to Jacobi who sat there, as silent and still as a stone. "You better make them happy." And without another word, he'd squeeze Amber softly one last time before setting her down, making his way back to the house he had built....

So he could leave it all behind again...

Blink

They way Aeizith responded was not what Silver needed, and when he turned his back her heart broke even more. Jacobi simply continued to look on at her reactions, his heart breaking for her as well. It wasn't her fault he decided to show up, but despite everything happening he didn't regret it. He discovered he had a daughter... that was enough of a future for him to keep on living.

Jacobi's internal thoughts though were broken by a scream that echoed across the entire lawn. "Don't turn your back! I don't deserve for it to be made that easy!" Silver's broken voice echoing off the trees and onward. "Just wait!"

Mustering up the strength to move Silver started by placing one foot in front of the other, slowly making her way towards Jacobi, but before she even reached him he knew what she was going to say... he could feel it. Indeed he had known her for a long time, he probably knew her better than most. So, knowing everything about her he knew what was coming... and he hated it.

When Silver finally closed the gap between herself and Jacobi she stood in front of him like a child standing in front of its biggest fear. "I know that I took so much from you." Between each word her Biddy sobbed, barely understandable. "A-and I know that it's not your fault that you are standing here now. None of this is fair to you, I did this to you..." Six years of guilt and regret now being laid out for him. "B-but I am not the same Silver I was so long ago. I was devastated... heartbroken. I hated myself more than anything for what I did." Thinking of the incident caused her body to wretch forwards once more as she grasped at her chest in pain.

"I killed all of you!" still doubled over in absolute agony Silver took a moment to let out some more tears before continuing. "Yet here I am standing with a family while all of you remain in your graves!" Her sobbing slowed though at that thought and she was able to stand upright again. "But you live... I don't know how but here you are." It was funny how vulnerable she felt in the moment, how alone... why? How could a girl standing between two men that she loved feel so alone?

"But like I said, I am not the same Silver anymore. I had accepted everything I did, and was content living a life alone. I sent our daughter away to protect her, I never lived in one place for more than a few weeks. I was all alone... surrounded in a world that I had built... isolated. I was lost and scared and didn't really know where I was going." Her eyes then shifted to Aeizith, whether his back was still turned unknown. "But then I met him and he showed me it was okay to keep living. So... I lived."

Her tears seeming to have slowed down Silver lifted a hand and placed it on Jacobi's shoulder, from there he grabbed it, caressing it with his thumb. "I will always love you, but our time has passed Jacobi." She half smiled at him before pulling her hand away, tucking it behind her back. "Seven days... that is what I want. Seven days to process all of this. In that time I want you to come back so we can sit down and talk about Amber. Just because I am gone doesn't mean you can't be a part of her life."

With no words Jacobi simply nodded, having done quite well keeping his composure during her speech. "I would like that." A single tear streamed down his face at his words. "Our daughter will grow up with two fathers... and I am okay with that." Jacobi then, like Silver turned towards Aeizith and nodded at him, a signal that he wasn't here to take anything from him. His eyes then shifted to his daughter, a warm smile creeping on his lips. "I will be back in seven days." And with that he turned around and headed back the way he came, only to reappear seven days from now.

Silver stood alone and watched his back as it faded into the trees. This was the hardest thing she ever had to do, yet she felt like it was the right thing. Her heart, it was still broken... but at least she knew there was hope for her daughter. Her body still shook from the shock of all of this, even as she walked back towards the house her hands were shaking beyond control.

Amber was still in shock from Aeizith picking her up and saying what sounded like a goodbye. Why? With her mother still a good distance away she turned to Aeizith and then back to her mother, feeling torn. What was happening right now? Who was that man? Why did he make mommy so upset? The young girl was silent the entire time, only trying to piece it all together.

When Silver got to Amber she simply patted her on the head before walking right past her, not able to bear explaining anything to her in that moment. Then she walked up to Aeizith, her gaze on the ground as she stepped past him into the house, not able to look him in the eyes. "I told you that eventually something would happen that would make you leave." Her statement given when she paused, only for her to continue walking as she finished.

Salzem

Aeizith nearly doubled-over with the scream that stretched across the entire lawn, Aeizith couldn't help but follow Silver's instructions, turning back around to face her all the while. Gods... Just seeing her like this... Seeing Silver so close to being broken... It made him want to die. It was such a painful thing to see... All he wanted to do was either disappear and spare himself the hell that was his love's pain... Or hold her close, kiss her and hug her, be with her so he could spare herself from it. She didn't want him to go... She didn't want him to make that decision for her despite the impossibility that there were two options. Aeizith looked on from a ways back, a woeful bystander to Silver's own nightmare: facing one of the people she killed, her first love and ask for forgiveness... The little ice dragon could've easily left at this point, slipped back inside the house and then out the back, taking all that belonged to him and went about his life of unsure loneliness... But he couldn't do that... He thought that he loved Silver enough to let her go, to let her pick up where she left off with Jacobi... But for some reason, his legs wouldn't move... They wouldn't allow it... Silver's demand for him to stay acted almost like the instructions for a golem, holding the little ice dragon there to watch this horror-show with her, to suffer with her for his own reasons...

To his surprise, as Aeizith listened... he didn't feel any better... not when Silver declared that she wasn't the same woman as back then, not when she acknowledged that he had showed her that it was okay to continue living... More than anything... he wanted to cry... he wanted to break down in tears like the little hatching he once was, but those froze in his ducts. This wasn't something he could hide from in his sorrows... He wouldn't allow it... Aeizith had to see this through for better or for worse... for Silver...

And so... The final words were said... Their time had past... By all definitions, Aeizith should've been happy! Jacobi wasn't going to steal his family away! He was going to be able to live out his life calmly, peacefully with the woman and daughter he loved so very much... But he felt terrible... He felt like this was his fault... Like... he didn't know anything. He couldn't possibly begin to imagine the history between these two ancient friends... He couldn't imagine the life Silver had destroyed the first time when she had killed him... He couldn't imagine what she had given up to tell him where the line was drawn... Aeizith's insides felt like they had liquefied further between his skin and bones, shaking himself as if he was going to collapse.

Aeizith and Jacobi shared a glance of understanding with one-another and then... like he had entered... he was gone... Leaving only Silver... him... and Amber there, the former two completely in shambles... The little ice dragon stared, wide eyed, numb, on the verge of collapsing, as Silver acknowledged her daughter with a gentle pat on her head, walking past her to Aeizith, pausing for but a moment, hitting him with the worst words he'd ever heard in his life:

"I told you that eventually something would happen that would make you leave."... Without a word, he grabbed Silver's shoulder before she could pass him, stepping between her and the house and, with tears rolling down his face like waterfalls, he kissed her, wrapping his arms around her back and holding her as closely as he could without harming her... He kissed her for as long as he had breath, pulling away, his eyes wanting, but not necessarily in that way.

"Silver.... I-I'm so s-sorry..." He whispered. "P-please... let me s-stay with y-you... I d-don't ever w-want to leave you..."

Blink

When her arm was grabbed and she was turned to face the man she had just chosen Silver simply breathed, her body numb to anymore emotion. With a warm everlasting embrace accompanied by a passionate kiss that any other time would have taken her breath away she was silent, her lips barely moving to match his. Yes she loved him, she did not regret her choice, but that did not change how broken her heart was right now. It was like watching Jacobi die all over again, except this time she was in her right mind and she was truly the cause.

Closing her eyes in an attempt to stop the dead tears falling from her eyes she listened to Aeizith's plea to let him stay, his only response from her being a nod before she pulled herself away ignoring any other attempt to get her attention in that moment. "I just need to be alone. Watch Amber for me please." and then she was inside the house, making her way up the stairs to their bedroom. As soon as she crossed the threshold into the room she shut the door behind her, sliding her body down the door as she sank to the floor her figure wedged to keep anyone from opening it.

And then the sobbing continued, but it was not loud like before. Her face merely twisted with emotion as she started grasping at her chest almost wishing she could just rip her heart out of her chest to make the pain go away. The pain she felt was far worse than anything she thought possible. No amount of torture could even compare to what she was feeling now. Silver could feel the weight of her daggers, each on still in its place on a hip. Frantically even though she was still against the door she ripped each one from its holster before throwing them across the room, the pointed ends not even sticking into the wall but falling to the floor in a clank. She didn't deserve them, not after losing him a second time.

She could remember the day he gave them to her, an upgrade to the ones she had been using. They were so beautiful glimmering in the light of the moon when he presented them wrapped in a leather cloth. He had told her they were exactly what she was... enchanted Silver. Lifting a hand she slapped it on the ground trying to push away the memory, wanting to shed it like anything else she had left of him. Silver slapped her palm on the floor a few more times until she could feel the sting in her hands, before curling her fingers in and bringing them to her face.

Her body continued to wretch in pain, Silver tying to wipe the tears away with balled fists only for more to form in seconds. Opening her mouth she screamed, but no noise would come out, almost like someone who had just been stabbed in the stomach or chest, an impulsive reflex of muscles responding to the fatal blow. And in an instant it all stopped, the tears, her muscles tensing from agony. Her hands fell limp to her sides and her head bobbed down, bits of her silver hair shifting on her shoulders and down over her face. From a distance she almost looked dead, her body on the floor and back against the door, but her shoulders and head slumped over.

Fingers twitching first, then her arm... slowly each of her limbs seemed to flex before she slowly raised her head, her sights set on the window outside. It was still pretty early in the day, not even quite noon yet and the sun was shining perfectly into the window in their bedroom. With each blink it seemed another tear streamed down her cheek, remnants of those created from her breakdown moments ago. But with each passing second Silver seemed to recover a bit as her eyes were locked on the sun beyond the glass. Her body would remain like this for hours, her gaze stuck on the orbiting light and every once in a while a tear streaming down her cheek. If anyone were to come and knock she would simply ignore it, no response for anyone. Her body would remain wedged at the base of the door, refusing to respond to anything.

Amber stood shocked when all her mother did was pat her on the head before walking past Aeizith, only to pause to say something she couldn't quite make out. Whatever it was clearly had an effect on Aeizith though as he grabbed her mother and held her tightly before kissing her, apparently forgetting about the six year old standing right there. But her mother pulled out of the embrace and whispered something more, but this time the little girl could at least make out her name. And in the blink of an eye her mother had gone inside the house, something clearly very wrong. She could feel the cold rising now...

So confused Amber then locked her eyes on Aeizith, still having no idea what really had just transpired. "Aeizy..." her voice shaky and timid, afraid to upset him. By now up to her knees was cold, something she never had experienced before. Amber had always been resistant to temperature changes, her body acclimated quickly to them. So what was this feeling at her feet? Looking down her eyes trailed her boots and she noticed where they were normally brown they were white and pearlescent. She didn't even realize it but she had frozen them solid, her feet stuck inside of them. Frost seemed to cling to her leggings as well, slowly trickling up her legs and branching out.

Immediately when she realized what was happening she could feel the panic rising in her chest, and as the panic rose so did the ice now encasing her legs. ".... help" Her eyes now back on Aeizith and afraid, not able to control what was happening to her.

Salzem

"O-okay..." Aeizith responded gently to Silver's plea for him to give her some time alone and to watch Amber, staring as she made her way back upstairs into their room... Suddenly, the little Ice dragon's attention shifted over to little Amber, his sanguine eyes widening in alarm as he saw ice began to claw its way up from under her boots, easily up to her knees and gaining ground by the second. She WAS just like him... This is what happened to Aeizith every time a very powerful emotion consumed him, almost literally consuming him as the ice did the little girl now... Acting fast, Aeizith would kneel down so that he was eye-level with the little girl once more, gently placing his hands on her freezing thighs, his palms surprisingly... warm...? At his mere touch, the ice's progress would begin to slow, then stop at the base of his his hands, and, after a moment, begin to recede. Despite her emotional state and her magical power that was heavily linked to such, With Aeizith's will, the ice would continue to melt off of the little girl's limbs, freeing her from the icy prison that only seemed to escalate with her emotions. The moment her limbs were freed from being frozen to the ground, the little ice dragon would scoop her up in his arms and hold her tight, cradling her as if she were the baby he never got to see... Softly, he'd place the gentlest of kisses upon Amber's forehead before heading back inside himself, every step causing him to flinch as if every step he took closer to his sweet Silver was another step he was stamping into her soul... After everything, the little ice dragon was so tired... so sad, so tired, so completely wasted... But he couldn't leave his little girl like this, leave her to contemplate everything that had happened and let her draw an exaggerated conclusion...

"L-lets t-try something d-different...." the dragon forced a smile, gently setting Amber down on the couch while he sat beside her, whatever tears on his face freezing to frost and hovering off his face, forming into a ball hovering above his palm as he opened his fingers. Gradually, Aeizith pulled more and more cold from the air, the ball of snow growing larger and larger until it was around the size of a base-ball...

"Y-you d-don't have to d-do this....  b-but try t-to mold it... l-like clay! B-but without y-your hands.... I-Imagine w-what it will l-look like wh-when you're done... M-make it be th-that..."

-X- (tiny time skip)

Later that evening and Aeizith felt like he was going to fall dead-asleep at the dinner table as his Assassins brought dinner out, a meal refracting the general feelings of the household. Instead of dark, bland food, his crew had bought perhaps the most colorful and vibrant of fruits, the juiciest meat for those that would eat it, the greenest and freshest of vegetables that would make Amber's mouth water at the mere sight of it....

There was still little word from upstairs and that worried everyone, even Aeizith's battle-hardened killers... They all worried for Silver's safety, Aeizith (or perhaps Amber) above all others... 

Blink

Immediately the threat of her own ice encasing her was diminished when Aeizith knelt down and retracted it from her limbs. Scooping her up the little girl was now in his arms, cradled like a mere infant before he lay a kiss on her forehead. Aeizith was very quickly becoming a very important part of Amber's life. So far he had taken time out of his own life to comfort her, she wasn't completely blind to the adult decisions he was making. After being carried inside Aeizith set her down on the couch before he took his place beside her. The minute he started trying to teach her something new her worry disappearing and forgotten.

Watching in complete awe she saw how Aeizith was pulling the cold from the air around him, something she had yet been able to do. Amber had already begun to lift her hands to try and shape it, but before she could even spread her fingers out he instructed her not to use them. This would prove more difficult than she thought, having always used her hands as a guide to what she wanted to create. Deep down she knew exactly what she wanted to sculpt, and so she willed it to appear in his hands, concentrating the best she could to make it happen. Then, slowly at first, a figure started to emerge in shape from the ball of snow... but that was all she could muster not even able to make it take anymore shape than that of a person... but who?

-x-

Throughout the day Aeizith had allowed Amber to follow him around, watching him complete his daily tasks. But then at dinner she took her place at the table to his left, honestly quite ready to eat practically anything they placed in front of her. But to her suprise dinner tonight would be more colorful than the one from the night before. So many more fruits and vegetables at her disposal, her mouth watering as she thought of eating every single one. With help from one of the assassin's Amber was able to fill her plate, mainly of sweet fruits but also some vegetables. She dug in immediately when her plate was filled, not able to get the food down fast enough.

Upstairs, just when the sun disappeared from the window before her Silver was snapped out of the trance she had placed herself in. Her chest still hurt, but not nearly as much as it did earlier. In her time alone Silver replayed every possible scenario in her mind, and now more than ever she was sure she had made the right choice. A younger Silver loved Jacobi with every fiber of her being, but she lost him. Her heart had broken, but then healed. She used to be so at peace with what had happened and everything that had happened today shredded that to pieces. Never in a million years did she think she would have to face him again, and she was glad she did. Now she could permanently shove that guilt aside, knowing that she had truly made peace with it now. Jacobi made this possible, he lack of anger showing her the understanding that he carried.

By now her tears had stopped and were nothing more than dried salt water upon her red cheeks, her face covered with it. Slowly she stood, her legs feeling weak beneath her but she pushed through. Taking in a deep breath she walked over to the mirror in their bedroom and ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame it a bit before using her sleeve to wipe at her cheeks. Her face was still blotchy, but nowhere near as bad as it was before. From there Silver walked back over to the door, her fingers hovering over the handle before she finally grasped it.

Quietly she made her way down the hall before descending the stairs and making her way into the dining room. A silence fell over the room when she did so, she could feel the eyes of everyone bearing down on her. Averting her gaze she continued on to her seat beside Aeizith, grabbing her plate and putting a few things on it  as if it were any other evening. Except on this evening she did not converse like normally, her expression stuck in one so bland it was unreadable. After grabbing what she thought she wanted she sat down in her chair and pulled it forwards beneath her so that she was close to the table. Unlike normal though she did not reach for her silverware, but instead stared at the plate of food as if some hidden message was written on it.  With her hands in her lap she moved one beneath the table and placed it on Aeizith's leg, letting it rest there for a moment before she flicked her eyes up for a mere moment to smile at him then quickly letting it fall back to its unreadable state, pulling her hand back into her own lap.

This was all she could manage, but knew it would be enough to let Aeizith know that it would all eventually be okay. Eventually the dinner conversations picked back up again and some acted as if nothing was off. Amber paused with everyone else when her mother entered the room, only able to keep her attention off of her own food for a few seconds before digging back in, completely oblivious to the situation at hand. Taking notice of it Silver just stared at Amber as she ate, a smile slowly emerging at the corners of her lips. "Amber..." her first words for hours, having to clear her throat before continuing. "... Aeizith and I..." Silver paused to look at Aeizith, signalling she meant what she was about to say. "... we both need to talk to you after dinner."

Confused once again Amber just nodded as she scarfed up the rest of her food, her mothers voice breaking her concentration once more. "When you are finished go up to your room, and we will be up there shortly." Silver's plan was to clear out the dining room after dinner so that her and Aeizith could have a moment alone to talk before they both went up and talked to Amber, she needed this... to get everything out there.

Tags: