Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Devils Fingers (alma!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, January 27, 2017, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Carolina, are you sure this is a good idea?"

Ignatious Pratt was sitting in the middle of a pentagram, surrounded by lit candles. In his hands was a book titled "Summoning Rituals For Dummies". Carolina the goldfinch was sitting on his shoulder, chirping happily.

"Oh yeah! Demons are super scary, people are bound to think you're cool if you get your own!"

"But doesn't this stuff require selling my soul? I don't want to sell my soul!"

"Relax relax, you can avoid all that stuff if you actually read the fine print of the contract. Just do it!"

Ignatius sighed. He just knew he would end up regretting this.

"Harkon! Valamski Austutita! Demon from beyond the void, reveal yourself!"

alma

Am omnious light arose from the pentagram, and suddenly everything seemed darker. A voice could be heard, barely, from beyond the light.

" Who is this?" asked a male voice.
" Oh, it's an human. " said a female voice.
"  It's a male. Carmilla, you go. " said the male voice.
" No, he is but a boy. Nix, you go. "  answered the female voice.
" I will go !" answered happily a third voice.

The light faded out almost completely only to brighten up more before disappearing, leaving behind a dusty fog.

" HIHIHIHIHI!!!!" a laugh echoed, from above the pentagram. " Human! I have answered your call! Me the pretty and powerful Nix! "

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The dust in the room seemed to swirl about, creating a hazy atmosphere. When he heard that he had actually gotten a response Ignatius flinched- Carolina's plans didn't usually succeed like this. He looked up to where the voice had come from, but he couldn't see anybody. Drawing his butterfly knife, he began to twirl it in his hands- something he did when he wanted to look imposing. Putting on a purposefully creepy smile, Ignatius tried not to look as scared at he felt. "Heh... Nyx, eh? My name is Ignatius Pratt, and I command you to show yourself!"

"That sounded good, right?"

"Ehhh... You probably called yourself her master, that would've been a bit more impressive."

"Shit, you're right."

"I'm your new master, by the way."

alma

" What is this knife for, human! You cannot harm a devil with that. And you called me here! Is this how you welcome your summons? I mean no harm, not yet! HIHIHIHI". It all went completely silent for some seconds.

" BOO! " A silhuete of small stature flashed in front of Ignatius, floating above the ground and really close to his face. " HIHIHIHI did I scare you?" Nyx looped in the air, finally stepping in the ground, her voice sounded normal now and less ethereal. " Who are you? OH! Birdie!" she exclaimed as she noticed Carolina.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Upon being startled Ignatius fell to the ground, Carolina flying off his shoulder in surprise. "N-no! I wasn't scared!" he said defensively. Trying to regain his composure, Ignatius looked up at what he had summoned. "She's so... unimposing. Carolina, you said this would make me look impressive." The bird, now perching on Ignatius's head, started to pick at his hair. "C'mon, she looks just fine. And she seems friendly! All the demons I've summoned before have been total dickwads."

"...Wait, what?"

"I didn't say anything."

Ignatius decided to ignore the bird's gaffe, and instead got back on his feet and faced the girl. "My name is Ignatius. The bird's name is Carolina. We've summoned you because... because... uhh..."

"Because we have need of your help."

"Because we have need of your help. We want you to, um..."

"Help us improve our reputation."

"Help us improve our reputation. Can... can you do that?"

alma

" Ohoho yes! I can help you with that! I'm very good at helping. 100% satisfied costumers all the time. " she said with a cheer. " What is it that you need help with? Disposing of your mortal enemy? Hiding the body? Perhaps you have a necrotic aberration in your basement and need help sending it back to where it came?  Oh! Or maybe you want to make all the maidens fall in love with you? Or maybe the all the gentlemen, it's okay we devil don't judge. Or maybe both! hihihiih! " Nix got excited easily and could spend the rest of eternity trying to guess all the possibilites.

" Reputation? Yes, let's do this! Are the others picking on you? We can teach them a lesson! That happens to me too, and it's easily solved by killing them or freeing them from a couple of their limbs. You humans are so smoochi and easy to tear apart hihihi "

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Ignatius thought about this for a moment. It was true that the other members in Lady Hildegarde's organization mocked him for various reasons, but killing them would accomplish nothing. No, it was their respect he wanted. "Actually... I kinda just wanted you to stick around, make me look impressive. Nobody takes me seriously."

"She won't take you seriously either if you outright tell her that, doofus."

"Wait, really?" Ignatius looked up nervously at the devil.

alma

" Who are you talking to? Is it birdie Carolina? " she said with a playful smile.

Upon hearing the boy's request Nix floated for a moment;. " Oh? hihihi you need me to be your chaperone? "  she stood by Ignatius side, crossing her arms and elevating her chin, trying to look intimidating and making a serious face. " I can tell all the fellow humans would be so scared they will respect you so much! Lead the way boy, let's get yourself some good old respect! "

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Ignatius froze. "C-Carolina? Have I been talking out loud this entire time?"

"A little bit here and there, yeah" the bird replied, causing the boy to go red in the face. "C-come on, lets go," he said to the demon. "I'll need to show you around the city".

alma

Nix followed Ignatius, floating above his head screaming "Open the way! The little lord of everlasting skills is passing!" sometimes letting out a laugh. " OPEN THE WAY! His supreme majesty of humankind is passing!". When a  confused passerby would stop and watch to try and make sense of what was happening, she would zap them with a little harmless electric magic. It didn't hurt, but made people jump of surprise.

"HIHIHIH, do you see? They are all respecting you so much! "

Tags: