Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

To Luna, From Ignis

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 01, 2017, 10:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

@Draconian

Luna,

It has been quite some time since last we saw each other, I can only prey this missive reaches you in good health. I made it to Connloath a few days ago, and thought I would take this opportunity to write.

The culture here is so very different to what we know in Adela; mages are actively hunted here, and there are more Mordecai in the streets than I have ever seen. Upon first impression of the laws and orders he has placed upon Reajh, it is not too much of a gander to name the Grand Duke a tyrant. He holds an iron fist over the country, with the Mordecai beneath him all rallied far to close to his side to oppose him.

It saddens me to see the country in such a way, but I know there is little I can do to help. It is not my war to fight, and were I to try it would most probably only bring the Duke's wrath upon the Mordecai as well, achieving nothing.

It is colder here, though whether that is because of the terrain, or my own misgivings, I cannot be sure. I miss the heat of home, but alas my journey is not yet complete. I will stay here in Connloath for a week more before I set out for Serendipity, where I will write to you again. After that, I may continue on to Thanatos, or perhaps travel west to La'Marri, I cannot say for certain.

I pray that you and Ixtlilton are well, and I know you shall be making good progress in your training as a dragon rider. I must cut this letter short now, for my paper ink is running low, but know that my thoughts are with you, and mother and father, always.

Regards,
Ignis

Draconian

@TheHopeseeker

(The letter would be delievered at dusk by a tropical looking bird with intelligent eyes and would stay until he wrote something to return to Luna.)

Ignis,

I thought it would be a waste to write to you, but lo and behold, I was in the market and found a Songbird. Enchanted, of course, but... I never got a letter from you when you reached Serendipity, so I can only assume you've befallen a terrible fate. Or you've not left Connlaoth. I really wish you would.

I purchased the bird - It was a pretty penny, let me tell you - and, this letter is its maiden voyage. Supposedly I just show it a picture of you and... It will find you? Somehow? It seems too good to be true, but.. Sometimes its worth it I suppose.

Ixtlilton misses you and his tummy rubs.

How's your arm? Let me know. Believe it or not I still worry about you.

Luna.

TheHopeseeker

Luna,

A hefty purchase indeed, this messenger of yours. But, effective none the less.

I apologise deeply for the lack of commutation between us. My plans were somewhat upheaved when I was approached the Duke of Folkvar, about accompanying his nephew on a tour of the nation. Needless to say I accepted and, well, to cut a long story short, it was an adventure and a half. I tentatively say I left with a new friendship formed, and a lesson learned in that I should possibly not judge every book by its cover; no matter how bland the interior might appear.

I had plans to return home, to you and Ixt, a month ago. I had even set out on my journey, however I barely made it a day before I was approached by a rather intriguing man. I can't say much in a letter, for if I were to be ousted it could mean terrible consequences for me and my companions, but the events I described in my previous letter may have come to pass.

What can I say? I'm a rapscallion.

Fear not, I am taking precautions to ensure my own survival. Should I meet with our makers before my time, I can only hope you know how much I love, and miss, my dearest sister. Please do not worry for me, it will do neither of us any good, and I sincerely hope everything is well at home.

Love
I

Draconian

If you find yourself in trouble, I'll come get you.

I promise.

-instead of her name is a sloppy drawing of a crescent moon-

TheHopeseeker

(Months pass and the Songbird does not return. Nearly a quarter of the year slips away before, at last, a missive arrives.)