Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Chance Encounter (Catalina)

Started by ConcernedPeacock, February 22, 2017, 11:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcernedPeacock

It was a damp evening in the forests. Rain had fallen the past several hours, bringing nurishment to the trees and soaking the inhabinants below. Most wildlife ran to burrows or hallow logs for shelter, but others saw the opportunity to hunt those that strayed out in the storm. One such fellow was a deep blue kobold. The rains had paused momentarily, causing Gizro to rest for now.

The escaped slave saw every oportunity as a way to increase his odds to further distance himself from his previous master's family. He knew he would be scapegoated for his death, and he valued his own life higher than others. Rain helped to cover his tracks and hide away his scent, so when there was a pause to the rain, he saw it as his own opportunity to rest. He hung his soaked travelers cloak on a nearby branch, revealing his filthy shirt and pants he wore. The kobold then gathered up some broken sticks, twigs, and some brush and put it all in a pile. With the only dry stick he could find, he began to rub and twist it in his pile. After a few minutes or so, he threw the stick in frustration.

"Aarrgh, I hate this!" Gizro screamed in anger. "If it weren't for these confound shackles, I would have a warm blaze right now!" He glared fiercly at his bracers, his eyes filled with rage. He began to claw and bite at the shackles on his wrists, trying his best to break the thick iron cuffs off.

Sheshia

The rain had only just arrived a while ago. Making her tail and clothing stick to her skin which made it feel like she was being constricted somewhat. Also making her a bit chilly which did not botter her much since she did not mind the cold at all.

Ireil had been looking for a new adventure for a while now by travelling a lot. Sure there was the day to day bandits, slavers and Maybe a dragon here and there. But at this point in the storm her tail felt heavy and Iriel was completely miserable. She looked up and saw a stick fly by followed by a scream of anger.  Her ears flick a bit and She carefully walks towards the direction of the noise. Only to see someone in shackles and chains trying to get them off him.

She did not want to startle him so make a whisling sound and says, "You need help with this rain dude? Not to mention those chains." She stays crouched down ready to run off. "Dont worry I have no ill intent." She shows her hands smiling.

ConcernedPeacock

Gizro jumped at the sound of another living being nearby. He stood from his spot, glancing through the thicket of trees and bushes. He soon spots the dragon-lady, and his eyes narrow. He lets out a low growl as he slowly approaches a tree to tear off another stick, keeping his eyes on her.

"I don't need any help hiding from the rain," He replies in a rather angry tone. "I need help with this fire! The rain has let up for now, and I wish to warm up before it returns." He returned to his pitiful pile of wet twigs and damp brush and continued his stick rubbing, hoping that this stick would be better than the last.

Sheshia

"Not like that you won't. The pile is to wet." She looks at the pile, "Now I don't have any magic but I could help you. Both of us are chilly and want to get warm. So it'll do both of us a lot of good." Ireil ignores his anger. She would be like that also if she was in his shoes. "That is if you'll let me of course."
She watched the person struggle starting lighting it on fire again. She saw some probably dry wood underneth some thick brush a while back. Keeping that in mind she just sat and watched.

ConcernedPeacock

It took Gizro a few more twists before he tossed the stick in anger once again. He shouted in frustration, and soon crossed his arms angirly. He thought about trying the stick thing again, but... maybe the woman in front of him really does know a solution. With a annoyed huff, he glanced back at the dragon-lady.

"Fine, alright," he replied in a resigning tone. "Do whatever you must." He looked at his pile of sticks and brush and kicked it in frustration before letting out another huff.

Sheshia

She jumps up and smiles then runs ober to where She saw the brush covering up twigs and dry material. She returns with a good bit of dry wood and sits down to set it up into a tent like position. The then grabs her sword and hacks open one of the large sticks and hollows out Some tinder into a large pile and adds some into the tent.
She grabs a stone and puts the tinder on it and starts to rub it with a stic like Gizro had, "You almost had it dude. Just needed tinder. Though you had the right idea." After a minute the Fire starts and She bloes on it setting it alight and puts in the the center of the tent and starts to feed it.

ConcernedPeacock

The kobold only huffed in response, still rather upset that his previous attempts had been a waste of time. He watched her construct a make-shift tent, and managed to kindle a flame where he could not. After a moment, he gave a resigned sigh, his anger somewhat quelling.

"At least I was close," he admitted. With the flame now blazing, he moved his hands closer to it, warming them up.

Sheshia

"Yep." She sits down near the tail and starts trying to ring out her tail and mane, "My names Iriel." She whips her tail in the air away from the Fire shaking the last bit of moisture that She can from it. She hated having having a furred tail but the bright side about it is that it kept her warm atleast.
"Whats your name?"

ConcernedPeacock

Gizro's anger soon settled, as he sat somewhat comfortably in front of the crackling fire. Well, as comfortable one would get on the muddy ground. When asked his name, his tail swished around. He didn't like giving names, even if the newcomer was not with any slavers or guards.

"...It's Gizro," he replied.

Sheshia

Girzo. What a nice name. But an odd one.  Iriel looks at the shackles and chains, " Okay Girzo obviously want those off. Who wouldn't cant blame yeah." She looks at the metal carefully wondering about why he got them on in the first place or what happened before hand. The wrists should be fine for a metal smith to get off but the neck would prove some difficulty. It was around so many vitals.

ConcernedPeacock

Gizro eyed Iriel looking at the thick shackles that were clamped around his wrists and neck. The ones on his wrists were marred with scratches and bite marks, mostly when he tried to break them himself. The one around his neck was less marked, with only a few claw scratches on it. Feeling insecure with the longevity of the stare, he moved his wrists away from the dragon-human.

"If you can't help break these," he growled, "then don't look at them for too long."

Sheshia

"Sorry," Iriel looks away from the chains amd shackles, "I was just thinking about how to get them off at a city or something." She takes out a bit of cheese and Dries venison and starts eating Some after tearing away a piece of it, "Want Some?" She asks. Her favorite thing to do was to sit down by a Fire and eat Some of her food She packed away for travels. It relaxed her a lot amd cleared her mind.