Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drawn By An Unnamable Force (AKA Aven) [Aevum]

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 27, 2017, 04:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

The mare stumbled to the side, throwing up her head in an attempt to regain some of her balance. Ignis gritted his teeth, but swayed to the side with the force of Hakon's blow. However, the movement was controlled, his body only moving so far before he readjusted back into the centre of the saddle. Swinging the mare around with the barest pressure of his calves, he brought her to a halt, watching Hakon through narrowed eyes.

AevumEternity

The Major watched the mare with some pride, clearly recognizing the young horse from her herds from home- once she imprinted on a rider, Hakon was sure the little mare would make a fearsome and wonderful companion. Purgatorio meanwhile began to circle the young mare and rider at a patient trot, tossing his head and occasionally making a show of intimidation by slamming one of his forehooves into the ground with a sound like a gunshit.

Hakon tilts her head, bouncing faintly with the movement, simply waiting for Ignis to press the attack... If he dared.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis licked his lips, watching the general with what could only be called a caniving expression. He was coming up with a strategy, questionable though it may be, and after running a hand down the mare's neck, murmuring sweet nothings, he nudged her forwards once more. This time, he held the shield firm immediately, using it as a block, his position in the saddle firm, until at the last possible second he dropped the shield away and swung the sword, with a flourish, in a solid blow for Hakon's chest. There was force behind the blow, momentum like a mountain crashing through the sword into whatever it struck.

Wycliff

Aven absentmindedly pulled more jerky from his gauntlet and stuffed in in his mouth, keeping his eyes peeled on the spectacle. He's better than I gave him credit for: I had no idea he had experience with mounted combat... Hm, he's actually a lot better than me... It was to be expected, really: Aven was merely masquerading as a soldier, he had no natural inclination toward swordplay or riding. The best he could do was really on his shadows insane level of strength to get him through battles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

Hakon simply bared her teeth in a wolfish smirk, slamming her shield arm up to meet the blow- splinters crackling into the air as the two met. The strength within the Major's form must have been truly remarkable. Then again- she wore armor heavy enough to break most mens backs and a shield just as heavy into armor and training each day- so one could assume being free of both that armor and given a light-weight shield and sword would do nothing but allow that strength formerly alotted for simple functions into more power then ever.

And perhaps speed as well. Forcing the shield upward, to cause his sword arm to fly up and expose his ribcage, she lashed out at his torso with the wooden blade- intending to strike the soft flesh beneath his ribs and above his hip.

TheHopeseeker

The blow struck with a somewhat sickening sound of wood meeting solid flesh and bone. Ignis grunted, doubling forwards over the saddle with gritted teeth. The mare quickly slowed to a walk, turning her body back to Hakon in preparation for another charge, but not moving without her rider's sayso. Ignis gritted his teeth, pulling himself back upright with a grimace, feeling the bruising already beginning to spread across his battered torso. Hissing slightly in pain, he examined his sword, splintered and cracked down the middle. With a disapproving sound, he threw the broken weapon away, instead bringing the shield about in front of him and holding steady. This time, she could come to him.

AevumEternity

The Major's body swayed slightly in unison to Purgatorio's excited prancing, keeping her gaze firmly fixed upon him. Slender eyebrows arched as she gazed at him,"... Are you sure that is wise." She states, more of a fact then perhaps a question. She pivotted slightly as her white charger paces, after a moment, she clicks her tongue. Purgatorio's muscles seem to briefly expand as his massive chest heaves a deep breath- starting a slowly accelerating charger toward the smaller mare. The small distance did not allow much growth in speed, but that was not what she was concerned about.

Hugging her legs tightly against the heaving flanks, Hakon leaned slightly forward, drawing her shield close- perhaps intending to bash their shields together to send him tumbling to the ground- if not that, her wpoden sword remained firmly at the ready to strike-

TheHopeseeker

Ignis smiled.

When she was little more than a foot away from him, he threw his shield arm to the side, taking away the buffer between her and him, and threw himself backwards, pressed flat against the mare's back. Hakon's shield was mere centimetres away from his face, the momentum making the air between whistle loudly. As soon as the shield passed over him, he snapped back upright, whirling the mare with a light pressure of his legs. She leapt forwards, putting him in the perfect position to strike at Hakon's exposed back with the force of his shield, and perhaps a tweak of the suddenly explosive aura that blew out around him, like a gust of wind.

AevumEternity

Pain immediately exploded in her back, forcing her forward against Purgatorio's' neck, she felt her hair shift briefly outwards with the blow, or perhaps the shock of the blow. She could feel some splinters had peirced her skin beneath the robes and silently cursed- it would be hell trying to sleep on her back for a few days now-

Readjusting herself in the saddle, whirling the great white charger around. This time, she would not be so brash- urging the stallion into a calm lope, she tilts her head slightly,"... You're smart- it's befitting- if you cannot out run nor out fight your enemy, cunning is your only ally..." she states idly," Do you see what Heavy Cavalry can do, alas? Without its armor?"

Wycliff

Aven flinched at the blow to Hakon's back. Ignis was an ally of his, but for the briefest moment, anger flashed across his face, and he imagined throwing Ignis through the walls of the stable. The aggressive nature of the thought startled him, and he calmed himself. It's not an actual battle, Hakon is fine, I'm sure.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis flashed a wolffish grin, the billowing aura that flowed around him like a sheet receding just as quickly as it had come. Within seconds, his presence was muted and calm once again, the nearly palpable Mordecaism gone from the area in the blink of an eye, though it left a strange taint in the air. Static.

Ignis hummed, a slight tug of the reins setting the mare into a backwards stride, examining the front of his shield for cracks, he nodded slightly to himself and hunkered down once more, one hand lingering lightly on the reins, the other holding the shield in place.

AevumEternity

" I must admit, I have not seen mordecaism manifest itself in such a way before-" she spoke calmly as she advanced, her gaze unreadable and unmoved as stone,"- yours is not a constant air but a physical expansion. Interesting... Dangerous." Her eyes narrow slightly, as she drew closer, the constant and near suffocating aura of her own seemed to crush down upon him, any magic user or one sensitive to the Mordecai would feel it like heavy steam pressing in upon them. In fact, the Major did not wish to admit but each battle she fought seemed to make it gain strength- like some sick blood sacrifice.

Offering a wry smile, she tilts her head," Why do you think it reacts that way, hm?"

TheHopeseeker

Ignis cocked his head to the side, confusion flashing over his face for a moment before hard realisation. Offering a soft chuckle, electric hues narrowed once more. "If you're trying to distract me, you'll have to try harder." He said in reply, before an honestly thoughtful look passed over his face, "Anyway, I have no idea why." He revealed.

A light nudge at the mare's sides stopped her backwards track and pushed her into a forwards gait, a slow but strong walk. If he wished to win this bout, he would have to play his cards right. This needed to end on this round.

AevumEternity

" Distract you? If I wanted to distract you I could always do something very uncouth and that would be the end- no..." she smirks faintly," I simply am inquiring to your aura- its rather interesting... One could even mistake it as magic, no?" Tilting her head gently, she shifted the shield to protect her torso as the wooden saber hung loosely yet at the ready in her other hand.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis snorted, shaking his head amusedly, "Technically, it is a form of magic. This nation is so biased about all forms of magic, yet their main means of getting rid of it is a magic in and of itself." He mused, shaking his head again. As he did so, a flash of silver armour caught his gaze, turning his head to the man approaching the training field. Raising an eyebrow, he looked to Hakon and then back, questioning.

"Major Kilandre! I apologise for the interruption, but the troops are ready to mobilise." The young man informed, his armour that of a lieutenant.

AevumEternity

The Major pauses in her slow pursuit of Ignis, looking toward the man with a vaguely peeved expression," I see... Well then, move out to the training fields and we shall commence the war games as soon as possible- before the afternoon rains come," she pauses for a moment before looking toward Ignis, her gaze stony,"... We will have to finish this another time then, hm?"

TheHopeseeker

The lieutenant nodded and scurried away the way he had come. Ignis deflated, a somewhat amused expression on his face as he shook his head, dropping the shield away from its position. Nodding other words, he grinned a little, slightly pained, and ran a hand over his bruising abdomen. "Indeed, we will."

Wycliff

Aven looks disappointed that they weren't able to decide a victor, but rises nonetheless, making his way over to Hakon. "War games? Do tell."

AevumEternity

" We'll have our battalion split in two- fight and see which ones are ready for promotion- so on and so forth," she shakes her head gently, guiding Purgatorio from their small arena," Mount up- lets head out,"

TheHopeseeker

Ignis raised an eyebrow at that, somewhat surprised. War games? That was all the Orderhad sent him over for? Maybe they just wanted an eye kept on Hakon? Did they suspect her of working with the rebellion? Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he followed Hakon and Aven out of the arena, rubbing at his sore torso as he did.