Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

These Peaks Will Be My Crown [Wycliff]

Started by AevumEternity, March 19, 2017, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Her fingertips - they bled.

Her feet - they bled.

She could not feel.

Could not feel the cold wind slicing through her body.

Oh how wonderful it was to be completely, utterly numb. Free of pain, free of strife, free of worry, free. Free. Orionas gazed up the sheer cliff face- she had to make it up, if she fell, she would die. The Organization wouldn't care, they would get someone else. Too bad they would be stuck with her. The muscles in her legs bunched, her fingers curling until her knuckles were white on the tiny handholds the mountain offered her. Allowing her weight to hang down, crouched on her spot, her perch on the mountain. An explosive movement upward suddenly sent the young woman upward, all but rocketing up the cliff face akin to an arrow from a bow. She stretched out her hand- her upper body slamming into the ledge as she scrabbles frantically to drag the rest of her body upward onto the flat head of the cliff- the air had all been knocked from her lungs as a result, causing her to kick and cough like a mermaid out of water until she safely lay upon her back. Her ribs ached- she had yet to learn to control her power.

They had said this was another test, to prove her worthiness of being Regent. To survive a month alone in the Thunderblacks- she watched the mist curl from her lips and disappear into the golden dawn. She could do it. She was trained to dominate all obstacles, so she would do so. There was no thought to the past, to her kin, to her old life- there was no need for it. It would not help her survive. Slowly, Orianas stood, rubbing her aching torso as her odd eyes flicker about, she seemed to come upon the cradle of a mountain, sparse grass and weak little trees grew here, cradled by the walls of the peak. Protected from the fearsome winds. She couldn't help but frown slightly but straighten, carefully wrapping her long hair about her upper arm to keep it from whipping around with the harsh winds that blew at her back- she would survive this.... Even if there was no food, no water- she would survive.

Wycliff

Lying on the ground a distance away lay the broken form of a small dragon, no more than a fledgling, and a runt at that. It's golden brown scales glinted in the sparse light, though the beast did not endeavor to move. It was, after all, bleeding profusely from a wound in its head, as well as a terrible gash through its wing.
The creature in question was a prideful dragon, despite being the smallest of his kin. Size had been his crutch, not his definition: even as he lay bleeding out, the creature cursed silently at the traitorous kin that had done this to him. Not that he'd ever held any familial attachment to those blathering idiots, but he had trusted his brothers in their proposition to hunt in the lower ridges, only to slash his left wing mid flight. Bastards...
His vision blurred as the loss of blood brought him closer and closer to his inevitable fate. The golden irises flickered up to a figure that had appeared not too far away, seemingly humanoid. He could not help the look of desperation that sparked through his eyes as a small hope rose and fell in his chest. No, I am finished...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

At first, she had, in factc mistaken the dragobling for an oddly shaped boulder, as his coloring nearly blended him into the dusty brown ricks perfectly if one glanced over it sparingly. Another sweep of her gaze, and she locked upon the creature, the ruby red ooze catching her eye first before the beast itself. A blast of wind caused her to stagger slightly away from the cliff face- briefly distracting her from this dragon-quarry.

It took mere seconds to realize just how gravely the animal was wounded. Perhaps, she thought, she could eat it- there were very likely very few animals here should could hunt and devour with such ease, especially the dragons wandering these peaks. Her hand rested upon the blade at her hip, tucked just beneath the threadbare tunic she wore. Golden-black eyes flash briefly as she advances on the beast- but then... Another idea floated before her mind's eye: what if she were to make it her own? Her own dragon not provided by anyone but delivered by fate to her for her to choose to conquer it. What an interesting thought.

So- brandishing the blade, she crept toward the beast, her body hunched like a predatory beast as she lopes ever closer to the wounded runt,"... Speak, dragon, it may save your ife," she called out idly

Wycliff

The fledgling's eyes drooped as it's strength faded, barely registering the advancing human's words. Save his life? As if he would ask a lower being such as a human to dictate his survival. He spits a pebble at the being vindictively, his voice young but weary. "Finish... me... then..."

AevumEternity

Exhaling impatiently, she smacked aside the pebble with the back of her hand - a careless, vaguely annoyed gesture. With the movement the scarrification and tattos briefly catching the golden light as she kneels next to his large head," Well you spoke so I guess I'll make you mine." She mutters, leaning down to peer into one, large golden eye,"... When i save your life today, you will belong to me." She speaks in a low, harsh voice, there was a rather odd... Stoiness to her demeanour as she places a hand on his broad, flat forehead-

Pitch black will-o-wisps began to rise like dust motes from her fingers- her breathing slowed, focus causing a small vein to stand out upon her forehead as she began to push the Dark Matter energy grom her own body into the creature's cranium.

Wycliff

The dragon's golden eyes flew open in agony as dark veins quickly spread over his body, pulsing painfully. He croaked out a small wheeze, trying to form words to express the torture, to scream into the mountains of his suffering. Could this monster not have simply killed me?!
His eyes rolled back as his body fought to remain intact, being slowly ripped apart and reformed from the inside out. His scales began to darken one by one, as his tail lashes about, descending into a void-like blackness, while what had previously been bone and cartilage became translucent, its atoms realigning, changing into crystal: horns, claws, spines, teeth and all. He gasped for air as his body is twisted, forcibly altered at the most fundamental level, and a few nearby rocks were sucked into his mouth. Within seconds, the wounds on his body began to heal, sealing up completely.
The pain subsided slowly, and he collapsed, his once pure golden eyes full of dark particles, swirling in a hypnotic motion.

AevumEternity

His torturer's cool hands cradle his large head, fingertips brushing his muzzle idly as she cooes,"... You're mine now. Stand." Releasing his head, allowing his chin to fall upon the ground with a loud thump, Orionas steps back, falling into a fighting stance, just in case he decides to lash out-

Wycliff

The beast's form shivered, slowly shrinking and morphing unconsciously. His eyes fluttered closed, as he was reduced to the form of a human, and a small one at that: he was no taller than four feet, his backside completely covered by a giant mane of hair, the same void-black color of his scales, seeming to devour the light around it. He struggles to move, but to no avail.

AevumEternity

Orionas pauses, clenching and unclenching her fists as she slowly relaxed- she could turn dragons into humans? Well that was useless- she needed a dragon, not a pet. Snorting she crouched in place, her hands running over the dusty ground until she located a small rock. Clenching it between her fingers, she flicked back her wrist before launching it toward his head.

The rock landed rather painfully on his skull," Hey- hey... Hey! Wake up."

Wycliff

The rock ricocheted off something solid, a ringing noise sounding from the large mass of hair. The sound roused the small being, and he slowly sat up, a defiant and hateful look in his eyes as he brushed the annoying locks of hair back over his shoulder. The mane parted to reveal two translucent crystal horns, curling over is head and out in a wavelike motion. His mouth moved awkwardly, his speech warbled as he attempted to speak with the strange new mouth. "What... you doe ta mei?"

AevumEternity

" I saved you." She answers easily, frigidly as she looks him up and down,"... Your speech is unrefined, how is the Regent supposed to rule when her dragon can't even speak like a proper person?" Orionas rubs her cheek, glaring at him in irritation as her silver locks slipped free of her arm, flapping like a white flag of silk in the air. She clenched and un-clenched one hand, she could just stone him now- for fun- it's not like he could resist right?

Shaking her head she crosses her arms over her chest,"... You have a name, don't you? Tell it to me."

Wycliff

The dragon boy glares at her. No matter her methods, she wasn't wrong: the spiteful creature had saved his life. That fact only makes him angrier. He rolls his oddly rounded tongue around in his mouth, familiarizing himself with it. He owed this creature a debt, and as much as it tore at his innards, he would see it paid.
He practices various sounds with his new voice, which is young and vibrant. The vowels, some strange consonants, for half a minute before he seems to get them correct. He makes baleful eye contact with Orionas, a small puff of air bellowing from his nose. "Sheol'Var. What are you called, puny creature?" He said that, but at this point, the realization that he was much smaller than her dawns on him. He grits his teeth ruefully. Why am I ALWAYS small?!

AevumEternity

Orionas smirks as he stood. Hilarious. He was so tiny. But also displeasing because he was so tiny. Who would ever be afraid of such a tiny, furry boy? He looked like a circus freak- did Regents have jesters? If so he was going to make him her's. Orionas stares at him, basterd, he didn't respect her.

" You will earn the right to call me by my nane, but for now, you may call me... Regent." She speaks firmly, narrowing her eyes at him," You are going to be my dragon, Sheol'val, so you better get big and strong if we're to rule this kingdom. Got it?"

Wycliff

The little dragon boy scoffs at the notion. "Well, Regent," he spit the word like it was poison in his mouth. "You're sorely mistaken if you believe I will simply submit to you because you saved my life." He crosses his arms, a cute little frown on his scowling face. "I will serve you until such time that my debt is repaid. Nothing more."

AevumEternity

" Your debt ends when my life does-" she pauses- suddenly narrowing her eyes,"... You're... You're naked." She mutters, frowning deeply as if decided whether this conundrum bothered her or not before snapping," Ugh- I'm hungry, go find us food. You can still become a dragon can't you? Or are you entirely useless?"

Wycliff

Sheol'Var notices a slight crack in her visage as she gazes at his form, seeing that he made her uncomfortable. His frown morphs into a grin, and he poses. Luckily, his more private parts are sheathed inside him, but that does not disclude the sheathe from sight. "What, you've never laid eyes on the majestic form of an Earth Dragon before?" He chuckles, before sighing. "As for my form, you tell me! May I remind you that this is your handiwork, not mine."

AevumEternity

Her lip curls in disgust, she didn't have time for this. Striding up to him, she thumps her fist on the top of his cranium, the blow astonishingly powerful despite the fact she was only human," Don't patronize me! Just go transform and get us some food, ok? I'm going to make a camp, we won't survive here otherwise."

Wycliff

Sheol's form shudders with the blow, but he is relatively unaffected by the punch, his skull incredibly dense, as he still bears the same mass as his dragon form. He squeaks in surprise, but the sound is immediately followed with a rapid expansion as he transforms back into a dragon, nearly quadrupling his size once more. Sheol breathes a sigh of relief as he settles back into the form of a dragon, even if it wasn't his original body. There was something comforting about being a dragon again, and he did not look forward to any time he would be dragged down to the human's level.
He beats his wings a few times, and takes off with a snarky. "As you wish, Regent." The wind from his takeoff barrels past Orionas, whipping her hair around her head whimsically.

AevumEternity

So striking him actually worked? She had not expected that- perhaps if she was an less intellectual individual she would have assumed the blow itself was motivation enough for his form to change, but more then likely it was making contact with the particular location of the incantation she had done to save him. Pressing her hand behind her ear to keep her long hair from blowing before her eyes, she watched the black shape disappear before shaking her head. What did surviving alone for a month have to do with ruling a country? Hell if she knew-

Exhaling carefully, she looked about the forested area- she would make this her base. Here, she would make a home, find food, water, survive this ordeal. She would be Regent, and maybe, if the Organization saw to it, Queen of Adela. Pursing her lips, she brushed her fingers up and down her arm- following the small knicks in her skin- she would survive this.

She would.

Wycliff

Sheol barreled through the sky, wind whipping around his form. He couldn't deny the fact the he felt... powerful, in this new form he'd been given. That didn't mean, of course, that he was comfortable in it: he also felt something innately wrong with his being, like he'd become unnatural, and it burned him to the core. That witch...
After a good while searching, he spotted a doe through the foliage. He swooped down, claws gripping the creature by the  neck and back, promptly crushing it's windpipe and simultaneously ending it's life. He took to the sky once more, making his way back to the camp Orionas was setting up. He would follow her orders for now, until he was able to save her life in return. As far as he was concerned, that's all he owed her, and indeed it was. To presume he was bound for life? Preposterous.