Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time Moves Forward (Sal) (Private)

Started by Blink, March 27, 2017, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

"Mom you have to tell him. Tell dad that I am old enough for a real sword now." Izayah was having a private discussion with his mother outside while the two worked on feeding the horses and walking them to the barn for the night. "Maybe if I had a real one then I could have done so much more in Essyrn!"

"I know dear but your father has always been very..." Nevayah paused as she tried to think of the word to use to describe her husband. "... protective... of you using a real sword. Do you remember what he did when Emia picked that one out when you were four?" Her eyes locked on her son as she tried to express her seriousness. Lanister had always been against Izayah owning his own sword. He didn't even like him to practice without him around with the wooden one. Personally, Nevayah felt that Izayah was responsible and old enough for one. In fact, in some countries boys half his age were already in the military using the weapons her husband tried to keep away.

"I'm just tired of not being able to do anything." The way his eyes pleaded with his mother broke her heart. She understood all too well how it felt to be helpless, how inconvenient their blood made life sometimes. Wouldn't it be all too easy to slice your arm open and have a weapon at your disposal. But no, not with Nevayah or her son Izayah, both of them blessed and cursed with blood that healed and mended.

"Honey I love you, but I am afraid he is just going to get angered by my asking." Nevayah knew that she had to bring it up, if only to save her son from being the one to get yelled at. Maybe... just maybe this time he would listen. It had been only a few weeks since their return from Essyrn and Lanister had seemed... happy. Happy that they were all alive and home. So perhaps she would be able to convince him now, especially after what had happened. "... but I will try."
"Thanks mom" Izayah smiled as he leaned in to embrace his mother, happy that she out of everyone understood why he felt the way he did. "Maybe my little brother or sister will get lucky and be normal." Izayah then pulled back from his mother and looked at her stomach, which was still almost too small to even tell she was pregnant.

"What is normal?" Nevayah giggled as she took one of her hands and rested it on her stomach. This time she was much smaller, she was sure she was only carrying one child this time around. But still she knew that within a few months their newest addition would be arriving, basing that off of how her first pregnancy went. Emria had already begun preparing for it, this time knowing more of what to expect than before.

"Let's get inside and off to bed." Nevayah paused to run her fingers through one of the horses manes. "We have to get these guys loaded up tomorrow with another shipment to deliver to town." She then patted the horse on the side and stepped out of the stall, waiting for Izayah to lead the way out of the small barn. "I will talk to him tonight. I promise"

From there Izayah and his mother made their way towards the house, opening the door and kicking off their boots by the door. Inside Lanister and Emia were supposed to be cleaning up the table from dinner. Without words Izayah sent his father a sympathetic look before walking up to him and hugging him. "Goodnight" he whispered before doing the same with his mother, except kissing her on the cheek. He then made his way to his sister whom he over embraced in a bearhug before poking her in the forehead. "Night sis..." he winked before turning towards his room, closing the door behind him.

Nevayah was already anxious, and she knew Lanister would pick up on it. He would have to know it was Izayah related, since she was perfectly fine before going out to the barn. "Goodnight Emia" she said as she walked up to her daughter and kissed her on the forehead "I love you so much". Nevayah then went into their bedroom, closing the door behind her as she began to change out of her everyday clothes. Opting for one of Lanister's looser fitting shirts she slid it over her bare frame before walking over to the edge of the bed and sitting on it. "We need to talk about Izayah" she said as soon as Lanister came into the room, her eyes stuck on the wall on the other side of the room.

Salzem

Emia had been minding her own business reading, snacking on a piece of fruit, even cleaning up a little to keep herself busy. Today was uneventful to say the least, but the kind of action she wasn't really looking forward too was her brother's constant argument that he should have a REAL sword. When it came to this OLD argument, Emia couldn't help but side with her father, though with much less gusto than he. If anything happened to her brother, if he cut himself or hurt himself bad... she didn't know what she'd do... She loved her brother so much! She was his twin and they were best friends and that was why she believed her dad was just protecting him from himself. Sometimes, on the occasions that they were alone, Lanister would confide in his daughter about what she thought and Emia always would say she trusted him... She did, but at the same time she trusted her brother... She trusted him to be careful, to not accidentally impale himself or something just as gruesome. Emia didn't know... she couldn't be a part of this...

Lanister and Emia had just finished cleaning up the kitchen from dinner when Izayah and Nevayah came back from their evening ride.

Lanister smiled softly as his little boy came up and hugged him, whispering goodnight before doing the same to his sister. It warmed his heart to see his sister hug him back with equal amounts of strength, puffing out her cheeks in mock-anger as her brother poked her forehead before heading off to his room. Emia would still linger though, wrapping her arms around her mother, squeezing her with all her strength before doing the same to his father, receiving a kiss from both on either cheek.

"I love you, Emia." Lanister murmured, running a hand through her hair. "Sleep well, okay." The little girl nodded before heading back to her room to rest. Nevayah seemed to do the same, slipping back to their room while Lanister stuck around a bit longer, rewashing a few dishes as he contem-plated a few things(badum tis). This "Should Izayah get a real sword" argument was really taking its tole on the tainted blood... EVEN IF he got his son a sword and he didn't end up hurting or...... killing...... himself with it, he'd want to get better at it and so he'd join the military or become a sell-sword or take up some kind of job that would only end up risking his little-boy's life more... He WASN'T going to allow that. Not while he lived under his roof... He loved his son too much for that... Postponing his fate long enough, Lanister put all the dishes away before heading back into his room where Nevayah sat on their bed, the only thing covering her body being one of Lanister's bigger shirts. When she said that they needed to talk, that it was about Izayah, the tainted-blood's face contorted in confusion, as if he didn't know what this was about. Slowly, he sat down beside his wife, gently taking her hand in his if she'd let him.

"About our son...?" He asked. "What's up?"

Blink

Squeezing his hand Nevayah took in a deep breath, ready to go to battle once more for what her son truly wanted. "Izayah is old enough for a sword." Her statement was very blunt and to the point, no room for any sort of confusion. "Before you say no just listen..." her eyes pleaded with Lanister to hear her out, to just acknowledge what she was about to say.

"You don't understand but I do... and that is why I am okay with it. Izayah feels week, all he has is his abilities with a sword to protect himself. He doesn't have blood like you and Emia. What is he supposed to do to protect himself? Imagine if on their trip to Essyrn if he had one, how much more of a chance they would have stood against those slavers." Squeezing Lanister's hand a bit more she continued on, her eyes still begging for him to just listen. "I can't help but blame myself for what happened to them..." Nevayah trailed off as a tear began to form in her eye. The sound of hearing her son beat still haunted her dreams, even weeks after it happened. She would never forget it, and even worse she would never forget the feeling of helplessness she held on that day.

"I trust him enough and I think you should to" and she was done. There wasn't much more she could think of to say to get him to understand. And even then she knew he would never know truly how it felt to be so helpless. In all honesty she wished she had taken a liking to the sword like Izayah, but all she had were her herbs and tonics to protect them... and that was nothing.

Meanwhile Izayah exited his room the moment he heard everyone go to bed. Tiptoeing out and being very careful as not to make any noise with his door he walked over to his parent's door, carefully leaning his head against the soft wood to hear what they were saying.

Salzem

Lanister let out a quiet sigh of exhaustion as his wife brought this back up once more, doing her best again to persuade him that Izayah is, indeed, old enough to have a real kill-a-man like sword. Since that day in Eysern, Lanister had gotten two from that demon, one he had hidden away so Izayah would never get to it, the other was carried around by him and though the boy wouldn't dare take it... Lanister wouldn't budge at least, not easily, ready to just say "no" before Nevayah stopped him with a pleading look that made him feel guilty for standing against her. Normally, Lanister would find such a gaze adorable and even tempting but now... given the context as to why, it made his heart ache... He just wanted to ravage her with kisses and love until they both forgot the whole thing and went on with their lives but sadly, it didn't work like that.

Starting of with a "You don't understand" Was never a good way to get someone to listen, especially one's husband. It was like a gentle slap in the face... not the worst one could do, but certainly not the best. Still the tainted remained patient, hearing his wife out, his heart softening just a bit as Nevayah painted a picture of helplessness for her son, how he might've been able to defend himself if he had a sword... Then his expression hardened just a bit, almost angry as cold, indisputable logic took over. If he had a sword, they would've killed him and probably his sister two or worse. There is no reason to think he could've even made a difference against that superior force alone, no reason to think he was good enough in training and that he was that good in practice. Nevayah, apparently seeing his stubborn expression, shifted the focus off their son to her, stating that she couldn't help but blame herself for what happened to him... She wasn't the only one... He shared her dreams with this blood-bond of theirs and he only felt worse every time it popped up in their sleep... A tear began to form in his eye as he stared into his wife's eyes, seeing the doubt in her eyes, the look that he must've forgotten what it was like to feel so truly helpless, that he had forgotten their past... If he didn't feel so horrible, he might've been outraged... This wasn't about them or their past... this was about their son and giving him a better future... He doesn't want it all to end because he was careless with a blade! He didn't want to lose his little boy to something so easily prevented! Nevayah stated that he should trust him, just as she does and Lanister's resolve buckled just a little bit.

"....When he's older... 18 or something... I can't give him a sword at 14 and feel comfortable, Nevayah..." The last thing he wanted for his beautiful wife, the one he treasured most (besides his children) above all others to be angry... All he wanted to do was curl up with her and go to bed now...

Blink

Taking in a deep breath Nevayah tried to remain calm at his dismissal of the subject once more. "... or when he leaves us because we have pushed him away." She couldn't help but carry a bit of resentment with the statement. If anything, she was frustrated for Izayah... almost wanting him to have a sword as much as he did. "You seem to forget that my blood runs through his veins as well..."

With that Nevayah crawled past Lanister on the bed, laying down on her side and pulling the blankets over her body. "... What usually happens when you tell me no time and time again on something I truly want?" Pausing she let him think on it for a second before answering her own question. "... I do it anyways... "She knew she would have to end the conversation now or it would only grow more heated. For years she had been trying to keep her temper in check, but just as Lanister so easily pushed all the right buttons he also pushed the wrong ones. This was how she knew she loved him so much, because only someone you love so much could drive you so crazy at times.

Izayah could only pick up on bits and pieces of the conversation. He easily made out that his mom was pushing for him to get a sword, followed with many reasons to support it. But just as always his father said no. It was like no amount of pushing would ever get him to trust his own son... at least that was how Izayah felt.

He knew he was weaker than his sister when it came to abilities, and maybe that was why his father saw him as so weak. It was the only thing he could think of as to why he would turn him down over and over again. Had he not shown him time and time again that he could handle a sword just as well as his own father? If anything from the constant denial Izayah was beginning to feel that his father saw him as not only untrustworthy but unworthy as well. Why did he think so little of him?

The young boy could feel himself getting worked up as he pulled his ear from the door.. and then it hit him. If his father wont allow him to get a sword... he will just take one. His eyes then trailed to the rack beside the front door, and there just as it always had been was the double edged sword his father got back in Essyrn. He had been instructed not to touch it, but now more than ever he felt the need to. Quietly Izayah walked back to his room before shoving a few of his personal items into a leather pack. He then scribbled on a piece of parchment.

Still tiptoeing through the house Izayah walked over to the blade and pulled if from the shelf making his best effort not to create any noise. After having the sword in hand he then stepped into his boots and opened the front door, once again trying to make the least amount of noise as possible. Izayah only looked back once to see the parchment he had written on was now laying flat on the kitchen table.

Once outside Izayah took off for the woods bordering his home. At least if for some reason his parents figured out he had taken the sword, they would never find him in the dead of night and by morning he would be too far gone anyways. He recalled the time he ran away when he was younger, his father distraught as he looked for him in the woods. Izayah smirked as he remembered how after only a few minutes he came barreling out and apologized. "I'm not that kid anymore" he whispered to himself as he ducked into the brush and jumped over rocks disappearing into the woods.

The note on the table reads:
"Dear Mother and Father,
   I am sorry but I can no longer abide by your rules. I don't want to be the dissapointment in your eyes anymore and so I have decided to leave. I will make my own path in this world just as the two of you did years ago. When I return I will be a warrior father is proud of and no longer the weakling and dissapointment he sees me as now.

Don't worry about me
-Izayah

Salzem

"You usually do it anyways..." Lanister said in tandem with his wife, coming to the same conclusion as he. Izayah would eventually do something hot-headed and rash, something that, in his mind, would justify breaking the rules his father had set up to protect him. Why couldn't he understand that he only wanted to help his son...? To keep him from harm...? To be a teacher and roll-model to him for many years...? Isn't that what fathers do...? Lanister began undressing himself, throwing his clothes on the floor, to tired to worry about etiquette. He crawled into bed besides his beautiful wife... besides his CORRECT wife, finally caving enough that he felt would satisfy all three of them...

"I'll talk to him in the morning." He promised, smiling softly. "I'll see if we can make a deal..." And, with that said, the tainted blood would wrap his arms around his love,  softly kissing her and running his fingers through her long dark hair. "I promise... we'll figure this out..."

The next morning, Lanister actually woke up first for a change, his conscience keeping him up despite the desperate need for rest. Nevayah looked so cute asleep in the bed, all curled up and enveloped in the sheets... It wasn't often he got to see such a site since she was always up before him, but now he'd have to make it a habit to see this adorable sight... Despite everything and the conversation last night, Lanister was feeling optimistic. As he started cooking and early breakfast, he mused on about what he'd actually say to his son... Would he be strict? No. That obviously didn't have good results last time. Diplomacy didn't matter so long as there was the underlying tone of command... The tainted was now resolved to actually listen to his son on this topic... to hear him out and honestly negotiate. No more "I'm your dad so shut up and listen" attitude... even if it was for his own good. It was time he started investing his trust in his ability to take care of himself... It was time he really started to trust his son as a man.

Lanister was musing so hard that he nearly burnt their breakfast.... badly, slipping it onto 4 plates before making his way to the table, suddenly confused as a piece of paper seemed to be sitting there... Emia was probably drawing again and left a spare piece last night or something... Setting down the rest of the plates in their appropriate spots, Lanister walked over before the paper and picked it up, surprised as his eyes cut through the darkness... to find letters, not shapes. The more he cut pierced the veil, the more his heart began to pick up, realizing that this was a letter... Without even reading the body, Lanister's eyes jumped to the top, then to the bottom, a hand shooting up to his mouth to keep from screaming....

"Oh my gods......" He whispered with all the horror of a slaughterhouse behind those words. "Izayah..... you..."

Blink

April Fools... I didn't really post ^.^

P.S: I will work on getting all my posts caught up by the end of the day.

Blink

That morning Nevayah was surprised to wake up after Lanister. She was so used to being the earliest to rise, but today was not that case... something was already off. Sitting up in bed she rubbed her eyes before sliding out and dragging herself towards the door. To her suprise she could smell the lovely aromas of whatever it was that was being cooked in the kitchen. This was a nice change of pace, as she was usually the one who prepared their morning meal.

However, after she opened the door to their bedroom to make her way towards the table she saw Lanister standing at the table with his hand over his mouth while the other held a piece of parchment. Quickly she made her way over to him and took the paper from his hands, scanning it word for word before sharing a reaction similar to his. "You...." her gaze then traveled to match Lanister's, her expression bordering between anger and worry. "... this is your fault!"

Nevayah then looked back down at the paper as she began to read bits of it aloud to him. "I don't want to be the disappointment in your eyes anymore.... When I return I will be the warrior father is proud of and no longer the weakling and dis sapointment he sees me as now..."

"I told you!" Starting to panic she threw the paper back down on the table and made her way back towards the bedroom to throw her clothes on. Whether or not Lanister followed her she continued to speak loud enough for him to hear her. "He must have been listening to us last night!"

Salzem

Lanister didn't even notice the approach of his wife and only acknowledged her presence when she took the paper from him, his hand moving from his mouth to his forehead, running his fingers through his light-brown hair in agonizing worry. The moment his wife finished reading through the paper, her eyes locked onto his, those azure blues freezing and burning with a mix of cold and worry. Her accusation that this was his fault enraged the tainted-blood, her anger traveling right back into him via their blood-bond. His first impulse was to shout back, that it was her fault for reinforcing the idea that he could have a sword, for telling him that it was okay, for fighting him at every turn when he tried to keep him safe... He felt the shifting of blame between them only grow and grow, but, for all the bad things one could say about him... he had restraint... most of the time. He gritted his teeth in a quiet anger and disappeared back into their room to get dressed... only for Nevayah's voice to follow him, reading off the contents of the letter as if to spite him, to brand him, to remind him that this was HIS fault. As much as he wanted to block her out, to refuse to listen to the letter she read, to just narrow his vision to one goal... that would be cruel to the person he wanted to spend his entire life with... His sweet Nevayah... His anger was only the shell on the outside now, the core of these flames melting down into something much denser, a feeling guilt unbridled by everything that had happened to them with the exception of that night with the faceless demon...

Nevayah came bursting into their room like a demolition crew, declaring that she had told him so, that he must've been listening to them last night. That would be the most obvious conclusion. He could tell his wife was already starting to panic, her breaths becoming short an erratic, her expression scarring him the most. It was times like these that he'd hold her in her arms, kiss the fear right out of her and allow his warmth to wash away all her troubles... it was times like these that he'd truly be the husband he wanted to be, comforting his wife, being there for his other half, cradling her because the love he had for her would never let him leave... It was at times like THESE that he couldn't do any of those things because he was the crux of this issue and he deserved his isolation.

"I know he did... We have to go find him!" He spoke with equal urgency.

Blink

By now Nevayah had managed get dressed quicker than she ever had before. "I'll check town... you check the roads and then head to the bar to see if anyone in there has seen him." This was no longer a yelling fest, but instead something more. A silent agreement between the two Tainted's that they had to set everything aside and find their son, despite how angry they were at each other.

Nevayah grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder before making her way out of the house, not even bothering to say goodbye as she slipped her boots on and walked out of the door. With each step there was a sense of urgency as she made her way towards the barn. She was supposed to be taking a shipment of tonics into town for the caravan today, but now that had to wait. Her mind was in a sense of panic as she began to saddle one of the horses, not thinking of anything else other than finding her son.

Mounting the horse she kicked at its sides as it took off in a full on gallop towards town. What was normally a ten minute horse ride took only five as the buildings of La'Marri came into sight. Everyone was going on with their morning rituals, shopkeepers preparing for the day while travelers were checking in.

Salzem

Emia had just awoken to the sound of her mother and father's voices being raised, though their specific words were muffled. Yawning, rising from her bed with a certain smile on her face, the young girl stepped out from atop her bed and onto the floor, wondering how her brother slept... They no longer shared a room, not with how big they've gotten. They may've been twins and the bestest of friends, but they now required their own rooms... Still, she pined for the days long before when they'd curl up together in one bed, hold each other to protect one another from bad dreams... If her brother wasn't awake this morning... she thought that's exactly what she'd do.

The brown-haired girl stepped out of her room and into the center of the house in nothing but her night-gown and scarf, only to be met with a scene of her mother rushing out the door, quickly followed by his father who was nearly out himself.

"Daddy...?" She called, her voice barely stopping Lanister before he slammed the door shut behind him. He looked panicked.... scared...

"Emia! Sweety... wait here for your brother. Breakfast is on the table." And like that... he was gone, slipping outside and shutting the door behind him. Needless to say, Emia was intensely confused, but the only real thing she caught was "Wait for your brother"... What did that mean?

"Izayah...?" She called throughout the house, hoping that his voice would answer her, that, she'd be met with his confident self... She was met with silence. Maybe he was just in some deep sleep or something... maybe he just had a nightmare and was having trouble waking up! The little girl walked to the next room over where her brother slept, cracking open the door and peering inside.

"Brother...?" There was no one inside.

Lanister was right behind his wife on the idea of horse-back, taking his signature black-stallion from it's place in the stables and riding off in the direction of town. Instead of running right in, however, Lanister thoroughly checked every exterior road before going into town and doing the same, scanning the faces of each person he came across, praying to the gods that he'd find his little boy... Eventually, he came to his bar on one of the days that he was actually off duty... Without consideration for all those inside, Lanister shoved the door open, slamming it against the wall and getting everyone's attention.

"Lanister..." The current bartender remarked. "You aren't working toda-"

"Did ANY of you see my son?" He interrupted, staring at all inside. He must've looked like a mad-man but he didn't care. IZAYAH'S LIFE WAS AT STAKE. "He looks like me but with black hair and blue eyes." None of the patrons said a word, just looking from each other to Lanister, unsure of what to make of this. Seeing that is answers weren't here, the tainted blood left just as he came, quick, fast, and slamming the door shut behind him... He needed to find Nevayah... tell her of his failure...

Blink

Despite how much her eyes combed the streets Nevayah came up short on finding her son. He was nowhere in sight and this only caused her panic to rise further. Nevayah was irrational at this point, willing to do or say anything to get her baby boy back. Riding up to the caravan she normally supplied Nevayah dismounted her horse and walked up to a few of the travelers. "Have you seen my son?" Her eyes were worry stricken as she scanned everyone standing along the numerous carts.

"He looks like me..." all she could say as she started walking down the line, her eyes scanning each cart for any irregularities. Unfortunately her normal travel companions shook their heads, answering the question she already knew. "If you see him don't take him anywhere!" her words a threat and a warning to them. And then she was back on her horse, hastily searching the town for any sign of her baby Izayah.

By the time morning came around Izayah had already managed to get a few miles away from home. He was smart on his travels, heaving headed the opposite direction of La'Marri and staying off the roads. He was convinced that he was going to make it on his own out in these woods. Izayah wanted to spend the rest of his days here, training with his father's sword until he knew he could go back and make him proud.

Izayah would continue to travel for a few more hours before finally settling on a campsite. It was well away from any roads or towns.. it was just him and the forest. The small clearing he chose was surrounded by a thick line of trees as well as their towering canopies. This would aid in his shelter from storms along with whatever construct he could manage to build. Now standing there he dropped his bag and sword at his side with a hand on each hip as he took in his surroundings. He was envisioning what he could make of this place and everything that it could be.

Izayah would spend the rest of the day building a makeshift shelter as well as starting a fire.

Salzem

Lanister rode into town, now searching for two people, his wife and his son. Fortunately, he managed to find Nevayah much faster than Izayah, mostly in part that people have seen her running through the streets of town like her hair was on fire... Oh his poor little Nevayah... his poor sweet (former) slave... From the looks on their faces and the discription of her attitude, it sounded like she was going out of her mind to find their little boy and, to be honest, Lanister wasn't too far off himself... All the anger and outrage he might've had that his son had fled their home was gone, replaced only with the desire to hold him in his arms again, to kiss him and tell him how much he meant to him... Of course, that wouldn't stop him from grounding Izayah into... well... the ground WHEN (if..) they found him.

Eventually, he found his wife, riding through town desperately as he had his first time through, scanning faces for any that could be their son. He pulled his horse up beside hers and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, his expression grave, fearful..

"I didn't find him... no one at the bar knows where he went and neither does anyone in town..." Suddenly, a horrible thought dawned on him, one he was compelled to share with Nevayah...

"Oh no... Nevayah... what if he took off into the woods...?" Because of their bound blood, Nevayah would certainly begin to feel his blood begin to pump through his veins, practically busting capilaries all over the inside of his body with how fast his heart was going.

"He wouldn't know how dangerous it is out there..."

Blink

Lanister's words hurt Nevayah. For some reason she had assumed he would find something, but then again she thought she would to. With his hand on her shoulder she sulked, feeling completely defeated with their failure to find him. And then Lanister spoke, telling her his idea of perhaps him going off into the woods.

Perking up she tightened her grip on the leather reins in her hands. "He would do that. He would know we would search town first." It all made sense as to why no one had seen him. Izayah being their son meant he had brains... and a spine. "He knows how dangerous the woods are... he wouldn't care."

Nevayah was suddenly overcome with worry and sickness as the horrors of what could happen to him in the forest sped through her mind. "We have to find him." Nevayah's dark blue eyes searched Lanister's.... trying to see something that wasn't there. Even with their blood bond partially restored with their children it was never as strong as it initially was. Right now she could feel that he was okay, but that was it.
"How should we search the woods? Should we gather a party?"

Salzem

"We will find him..." He assured her as Nevayah stared into his eyes, looking for something she would never find. In response, he'd lean in softly and plant a soft, quick kiss on her lips, a kiss they both desperately needed to keep their cool. When she asked how exactly they would search for him in the woods, Lanister was forced to put all his street-smarts and intuition to work to formulate the best course of action.

"Okay..." He said with a sigh, desperately hoping that his plan was indeed the right one. "Here's what we're going to do..."

*skip 2 days*

It had been a full 48 hours since they had lost their son and Lanister and Nevayah had been searching as tirelessly as ever. What more could they do? Two parents, both capable and brave with one of their children in potential great danger? They certainly wouldn't wait around... In the end, the two tainteds decided they would search by themselves throughout the forest, believing that it would take too much time to  put together a reliable team of people. Most of the men at this hour were either drunk or having a hang over and the women... most of them hardly knew how to pick up a sword, let alone wield it if necessary. Nevayah didn't know either, but gods knew she was just as if not more capable than he in a tight spot...

The sanguine eyed father searched one part of the forest while his wife searched another, Lanister's determination not even daunted by the lack of progress over the past few days... He had managed to find a camp-site for sure, but there was no indication it was Izayah's or that he had camped there... the pit was old and the ashes weren't the least bit warm in the fire pit... He could only hope and tune into Nevayah's emotions via their blood bond... He prayed she'd find him because... well... he just wasn't making any headway...

"Izayah..." He muttered, staring into the brush. "Where are you...?"

Blink

XXXXTIMESKIP 2 DAYSXXXX

With each passing hour Nevayah felt herself die a little more on the inside. This feeling of her son missing was heartwrenching, almost worse than when her children were captured in Essyrn. Despite how horribly that encounter was at least she knew where her children were and was able to devise a plan to help them. This situation however was different entirely.

Between the two Tainted's Nevayah felt they had covered so much of the forest with no sign of her son anywhere. There were a few leads in town, all of them false hope and a dead end. So here she was atop her trusted horse walking down one of the many roads that cut through the woods. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for, but whatever is was wasn't here.

That was at least until a passerbye on foot seemed to be walking towards La'Marri, a pretty common site in these parts. At first Nevayah didn't pay much attention to him, all until she saw the sword holstered at his side. The sight of it alone caused her heart to jump into her throat. "Hey!" she shouted from her horse as she led it towards him, immediately dismounting it and charging up to the man. "Where did you get that sword!?"

The man only smirked at her as he took his hand and rested it on the hilt of the weapon. "Go mind your own business wench."
Nevayah wasn't sure if it was her years now as a mother, but that kind of language struck her at her core. "Excuse me? Who do you think your talking to?" She furrowed her brow at him, just as she would one of her children if they had used that kind of language towards her. "Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners!?"

His smile only seemed to widen at her response, completely unfazed by her. "Won't you teach me some manners then?" Suggestively the man winked his eye at her, clearly getting at something more. He then took a step towards her, reaching his other hand out to caress her cheek.

She didn't think before she acted, but before she knew it Nevayah found her hand smacked against the man's face. The noise alone reflected just how hardly she had hit him, not to mention the red outline of her palm already beginning to imprint on his skin. He didn't seem to like that so much as his smile quickly faded into something else, something more sinister.
"You bitch!"
And then his hand was tightly gripped on her arm yanking her towards him. Nevayah didn't even bother to offer than man a comeback, but instead found herself more enraged than she ever thought possible. Once again Nevayah lifted her free hand and went to strike the man in the face, only to have that arm as well grasped in his large hands.
"Not falling for that one again" he smirked as his hands dug deeper into her arms.

"Oh? Then how about this!" Nevayah then spat in the mans face, causing him to remove one of his hands to wipe it away. Taking advantage of this opportunity Nevayah then lifted a knee, smashing it into the mans groin. By now Lanister would have sensed her duress... but she wasn't done with this idiot yet.

As the man fell to the ground holding his manhood with gentle hands Nevayah began kicking at him. "Now... where did you get that sword!"  Except she didn't stop kicking, only sinking the tip of her foot into him over and over again. "Where is the boy that had it!?" Over and over again she kicked the man, ignoring his cries of pain. But that was all she was getting, painful moans... no answers.

Taking a step back she stared at the man still laying on the ground, hoping to give him a minute to get his wits about him. While she did this she took note of the bruises already beginning to form on her arms, his grip tighter than she had realized when he was doing it.

The night before Izayah was sitting at his fire watching the fish he had managed to catch earlier that day cook. He was starving to say the least, already missing his mother's home cooking. The last few days he had quite enjoyed his solidarity, and even managed to get a few practice sessions in with the sword he had swiped from his father.

All of this though quickly came to an end when a very quick assault on his camp left him now imprisoned with a bunch of bandits. At first he fought them, now bearing a swollen and blackened eye as a trophy. There were a few bruises on him, he was sure some on his ribs as well as rope burns where they had tied his hands behind his back. But worse for wear it could have been worse... they could have beaten him with a cane. They had taken everything of his... INCLUDING HIS FISH! One of them was even so bold as to take his fathers sword and wear it as his own.

Sitting there tied to a tree he watched as the group enjoyed their banter around the campfire, always seeming to have it going even in the light of day. One of them was meaner to him than the others, always walking by and randomly kicking at him or taunting him. Izayah wasn't sure if the man was just bored or perhaps had a very small brain. Both theories he thought completely possible.

Even with his capture though Izayah did not regret his decision to leave home. He knew this was only a minor setback, one that he would get out of one way or another. The bandits expressed and interest in selling him to the first person with enough coin to offer. That would be his chance, escape once he was sold into manual labor on a farm or something... he only had to ride this bit out.

Salzem

The moment Lanister felt his wife's rage in his stomach, the tainted blood booked it back to her position, practically sprinting in an effort to get there before something happened to her or worse... what would happen to the person she was angry with... As he ran, he felt her anger rise, outrage from, a demanding desire for answers practically invading his own emotions. He felt the pain, the unending anger cloud his thoughts... He felt it all mesh up into a boiling soup and by the time he had reached Nevayah... he was just as angry as she was, though he knew how to hide it better. The scene he had came upon pleased him in his rage, understanding that this man must know where his son was ebbing in from two sources: His wife... and the sword strapped around the beaten man's waist. Lanister's approach was quiet, almost eerily so as he walked up to Nevayah from behind and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. Without another word, the bartender knelt down in front of the bandit and ripped his weapon from his waist in one powerful tug, his glare cold, dark... almost like that of a demons. Whether or not Nevayah was okay with it or whether or not the man had got his bearings, The tainted blood would grab the man by his throat and pull him to his feet, slamming him against a nearby tree-trunk. The man was much bigger than him, but Nevayah had done a number on him and was hardly a threat to him anymore.

"You will answer my questions." His voice was a matter of fact, almost like a slave-master telling a slave their duty. "If you don't... you will die slow. Agonizing. From the inside out." He tightened his grip on the man's throat for just a second, staring up into his beaten and battered face. How badly did he want to join in on ripping this man a new one... but he couldn't... not yet.

"Where is the kid..." Lanister withdrew his blade from its scabbard, poking the man's stomach with its point. "...that had this sword. You have 5 seconds. 4 seconds."

Blink

As if on cue Lanister arrived on the scene, taking the man by his neck and pushed him against a tree. The man seemed terrified by her husband's threat... just as he should be. At first he remained silent to Lanister's question, only to realize the severity of his threat as the Tainted counted down.

"Our group... they have him at camp" The bandit lifted his arms to show he meant no harm, clearly not wanting to beat any further than he already had been. "It's about two miles that way down the road. Then turn left into the forest and walk straight for another mile. You will see the smoke from the fire before you see them." The bandit was honest with his admit of giving up his allies... he was a bandit afterall.. no morals.

Before the man had even finished his statement Nevayah was walking back towards her horse, quickly mounting it and taking off down the road in the direction the man had said. She didn't even wait for Lanister, leaving him to do whatever with the bandit he saw fit. She wasn't quite sure how she was going to get her son out of this trouble, but she knew they always persevered. By the end of this day... her son would be home.

Matter of fact the only thing that seemed to worry her more was what Lanister was going to do once he was alone with Izayah. Obviously, her son was in trouble for what he had done, but she hoped Lanister wouldn't be too harsh. The last thing they needed was for him to go running off again.

(Feel free to take over the bandit's actions as well as the bandits at the camp <3 <3 )

Salzem

Lanister listened as Nevayah's horse disappeared into the brush as per this bandit's (and traitor's) instructions, leaving the angry- no- livid father holding the beaten bandit at sword-point, internally struggling whether or not to kill him anyway and be done with it. Might save some lives down the road if he did... It might even be the moral thing to do... But Lanister wasn't feeling very moral this day. He lowered his sword from the man's stomach, staring up into his eyes with a glare that would make every demon in hell fear him.

"Come near my family again... I won't spare you twice." And with that, The tainted would sheath his blade and slip back on his horse, not once taking his sanguine eyes off those beaten and battered of the bandit. The outlaw did nothing, completely passive, standing there against the tree as if Lanister still had his sword to his gut...

Don't worry son... Daddy's coming...

At the misfortune of his horse, Lanister managed to gain enough speed to catch up with Nevayah before they reached the bandit camp at the end of their instructions, the camp being small, but large enough to be easily defensible and in a very respectable position. It was a small clearing surrounded by a tight ring of trees and a thick grove of brush between each trunk, essentially a cage with a mine-field of noise stationed around it should anyone slip through the bars. The male tainted would get off from his horse a ways distance away and crouch low, hidden behind the brush that kept the bandits safe and alert, hoping Nevayah would do the same... He could see they were cooking up something in a pot, a woman in leather armor stirring it with a wooden ladle while another two women seemingly boxed each-other, training of a kind. There were two other males, one watching the cage in which he could see his son... battered, bruised, a black eye for no doubt resisting... The other male wandered about the perimeter, a small hand-crossbow in one hand, a short-sword in the other, looking through the foliage as if daring something to appear before him.

"Nevayah..." He whispered if she was down beside him. "We need a plan..."

Blink

Within a matter of seconds Lanister was riding up on Nevayah's side. She did not know what he had done to the bandit, and honestly she didn't really care. Right now all that was on her mind was one thing... getting her baby boy back home where he was safe.

Before she knew it the both of them had gone as far as the could on horseback without being detected. Mirroring her husband Nevayah also crouched down and peered at the campsite from the safety and cover of the bushes. She saw just as Lanister did... the woman stirring the pot, the other two sparring one another, and then the two men guarding the tree.

And then her eyes locked on her son. He was sitting there all beaten up with hands tied behind his back against that very tree. But instead of worry Nevayah felt nothing more than pure joy. Izayah was there and he was alive. Despite his appearance he looked proud, smart... the true essence of his parents. She could feel her heart swellling in her chest in that moment and the amount of pride she held for him. It took everything she had not to jump up and run to him.

Lanister then snapped her focus back on the task at hand. He was right... they did need a plan. There was no way Nevayah could take all of them on... and even if Lanister unleashed his blood upon these horrid bandits it would effect Izayah as well. Unlike her he wasn't immune to its airborne potency. Sitting in silence just staring at Izayah the mother ran every possible scenario she could through her head.... and then she had it.

"I got it.." she whispered as she began digging in her bag at her side. Thank the gods she had brought it this day. Among the so many things in her bag there was always one constant... her tonic. Pulling out the bottle she set it in the grass at her side and then grasped at the bottom of her skirt. With one quick motion she ripped at its hem, shortening the dress to where it would most likely only be long enough to cover the most important parts of her bottom half, a sacrifice she was willing to live with.

Continuing to make quick work of what she had Nevayah then popped the top off of her tonic and held the fabric now in her other hand at its lip as she poured the liquid onto the scrap of cloth. "Your blood..." she paused to concentrate on the fabric absorbing the liquid before continuing. "... He can't breathe it as well as I can. The tonic has my blood in it. If he holds this over his nose and mouth..." her eyes then trailed up towards her husband ".... he should be able to breathe. We just have to get this on his face before he can't handle it anymore."

"We have to kill all of them..."

Tags: