Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow of his former self [M] [AevumEternity]

Started by Wycliff, May 07, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

[WARNING: MATURE SEXUAL CONTENT AND VIOLENCE.]

Void. There was nothing else it could be described as. A consciousness floated around in the blackness of such a space, contemplating nothing, for it could not do so. What did it mean to think, to know? Such an endeavor would require the capacity to retain information, the will to seek an answer, both things the consciousness lacked. Random flits of knowledge whipped past the being like comets in a starless night, hinting to a life past, one it could not seem to grasp once more. Really, it was the most torturous of fates, one the conscious could not hope to escape from, as it had not the ability to hope, nor despair either. Only to exist, alone in the dark...

That fate was not final, however. Out of the void, a light ebbed, brighter than a thousand suns to one who'd known only darkness. It enveloped the consciousness, tearing it away from the void as a new sensation rocked its mind: pain. The twisting agony of cells being formed from scratch, to tissues, to muscles, to organs, wrapping around bones and screaming at the sting of the open air. By the time the man was fully formed, he was already unconscious from the pain, and his muscled body hit the hardwood floor of a bedroom next to the nightstand, his two foot long, silver-grey mane sprawling around him. Above him, on the nightstand, sat a solitary, black diamond ring, glittering in the moonlight cast through the windowpane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

General Hakon Kilandre had finished untacking her dearest companion Purgatorio within the stables of Ansgar's hand, rubbing down the great Theocog's hide despite her finery- noting briefly she would have to repair the dress after that brief spar with the Grand Duke's High Guard. It had been over a year since she had interacted to brashly in that manner, and she felt utterly lost but... Content. New hope swelled in her breast after so many months of uncertainty. Idly reaching up, she released her hair from the ornate braid and pins that held it in place as she closed the large stable door and moved back to her quarters.

Slowly releasing herself of the jewels and silk and netting that complimented her so well despite her warrior prowess and stance, the General made it to her room, preparing with some relief to free herself of the deep iridescent gown. In the darkness, she pushed open the door and proceeded to so so, letting the silk fall into a pile like an inky puddly upon the floor as she proceeded to lock the door and move to the hearth- working upon lighting it, her bare back arched slightly as she began to attempt to light the kindling. The heavy, drunken buzz that kept her brain in a cotton wrap seemed to blind her to the fact she was not alone...

Wycliff

The man shifted on the ground, having laid there for several hours, his eyes fluttering open to the breathtaking view of a bedpost. It all seemed so new to him, being able to see, feel, smell... the smell of tinder permeated the room. What was tinder? He didn't know, but he knew it's smell. Odd...

He slowly rose to his knees, unkempt silver locks draping over his face and shoulders. Where was he? The realization that he'd asked a question in his mind thrilled him, as though it were a pursuit he'd long missed, and indeed it was. He glanced around the room, his eyes catching onto the form of being kneeling by a small, stone enclosure. Who is that? Come to think of it, who was he? An intriguing prospect, the issue of identity, though he didn't suppose he could very well answer the previous question without first pursuing the latter. However, no matter how hard he tried, nothing came to mind.

AevumEternity

The sound of movement just behind her caused the General to tense, as the fire bloomed to life, she slowly grasped a firepoker nearby. Her movements were unsteady due to her drunkenness, but she grasped the sharp iron rod firmly in one hand, ensuring the fire would stay alive while simultaneously heating the poker. An assassin? Did someone want her dead already and so soon? Too bad for them... Unless she was utterly blacked out, she was still a formidable opponent.

In an instant, she suddenly swiveled upon the balls of her bare feet, holding the poker in a hammer grip as the sharp point - glowing a fearsome red - she noted the silver mane and exposed body, instantly feeling a stab of disgust. How dare they send a madman after her?!?

" Identify yourself and your purpose." She snapped, though she shifted slightly off balance, ugh... This is what she got for drinking wantonly.

Wycliff

The strange being by the stone enclosure whipped around lightning quick as soon as the fire was stoked,  brandishing a weapon of some sort. Fear born from a lack of understanding blossomed in Aven's chest, and he recoiled, an odd vibrating sensation in his throat instinctually emerging. "I-I don't know!" As his body shifted backward, the hair parted from his face, revealing the gentle, but frightened silver-grey eyes of a familiar face.

AevumEternity

The orange glow of the poker and flame caught the man's face, she suddenly felt herself crumble, her heart and mind collapsing entirely at that familiar face. The General's arm went limp, the poker falling the ground with a loud bang and clatter as she sat back upon her haunches- staring at him with mouth agape in shock.

Tears immediately sprung from her eyes as she choked out," A-Aven?" resting both hands behind her to keep herself upright, she couldn't believe her eyes, as blurred as her vision was becoming with tears. God, why? Was this some cruel joke???

Wycliff

The would-be attacker fell the the ground, relinquishing her weapon, and began to tear up. Had he done something to cause such a reaction? The man's eyes opened wide at her response, the single word echoing through his mind enough to stick there. Aven... Aven... was he Aven? Yes, that sounded right, he was sure of it. Memories flashed before him of bowing before various beings, introducing himself as "Aven Alveron". A feeling of relief poured over him as his mind was allowed to remember, to know. How he'd wished for that very blessing, how long had it been?

He stammered to reply. "Y-yes, my name is Aven Alveron: what is your name?"

AevumEternity

He didn't know her? Or maybe he'd forgotten? How could he forget everything? This caused a not in her throat, her chest burned - so much so that it hurt to try and speak again. The smell of burning flooring suddenly catches her attention, the woman quickly scooping up the poker and thrusting it into the flames- stamping out the sparks upon the carpet with her bare foot and quickly regretting the decision. The pain of burning her foot briefly cleared her mind long enough to try and get a grip upon herself. Quickly, she ran a hand through her hair, taking a deep breath, closing her eyes tightly.

" I.. Hakon, Hakon Kilandre-" she looks up, furrowing her brow weakly," Don't you... Don't you remember me?"

Wycliff

Aven wracked his brain. The woman... yes, a woman... seemed distraught over his lack of knowledge. He was as well, a burning sensation within his chest screaming at him that he knew her. Memories flashed once more, showing him the exploits of an armored commander on a large, six legged beast. She was as breathtaking in his memories as she was in his vision at the moment, despite the various scars along her body... scars. A memory of a mansion, a graveyard with gravestones inscribed, "Kilandre".

Was he close to her? Perhaps, she was his commander. That would make sense, all those memories of battle were of military persuasion. Military? Of course, the military, he was a soldier. Yes, she was Major Hakon Kilandre, his commanding officer. How was he supposed to address her? Aven got on his knees once more, pushing them together stiffly and straightening his back. "Forgive me, Major Kilandre, I do remember you. I seem to be suffering memory loss, but you have jogged it for me. Thank you, Ma'am." He suddenly felt exposed, and glanced down to see his naked body. Quickly, Aven covered his private organ, flushing red. "I apologize for my unsightly appearance, Major..."

AevumEternity

This hurt, far more then the wounds she sustained fighting Berserkers or Mages or Soldiers or anyone. Taking a breath, she covered her eyes, trying to keep him from seeing the tears falling thickly as she murmurs," It... it's alright, please- don't... Don't be sorry," she rasps, pushing herself to stand unsteadily, staggering over before having to support herself against a wall- bowing her head deeply. Pressing her face into both her hands now as her shoulder pressed into the stone wall, she takes a shuddering breath, trying to calm her spinning mind.

" G-... Go to the wardrobe- your clothes... They're... Still there," she manages, pointing to a closet at the far side of the room. She hadn't thrown aside his clothing, as they served as some conscious reminder that perhaps... She wasn't so alone when he was gone. Alas, there she rested, against the wall, back to her dead fiancee- or formerly fiancee, trying not to collapse into a sleep borne of shock and fatigue,

Wycliff

Aven rose quickly, a short panic in his movements as Hakon staggered against the wall. "Major, are you alright?" He placed his hands on her shoulders, feeling the warmth of her skin, and another flood of memories hit his conscious. Countless nights of Hakon's warm embrace, the soothing touch of skin on skin, falling asleep to the rhythm of her heart. His eyes widened. He and Hakon, they were...

Aven smiles gently, his eyes softening as he wraps his arms around her, embracing her. "Don't cry, I could never really forget you... Haki."

AevumEternity

His touch caused a whole new floor of emotion to pour through her- she couldn't stop the floodgates from flying open as she whipped around and buried her face into his neck, arms holding him tightly to her as her fingers curled into his long white hair. Her entire body trembled violently as soft whimpers shook her shoulders.

A year. A year of believing him to be dead, of grieving every day- holding onto nothing but a ring and memories of their time together and the possibility that they would never be together again. Every battle she had fought since seeing him be cut down by the Caster's Angel had been more and more vicious, she had grown more animalistic with each battle and used that primal fury to bury her grief... But when she was alone, planning, mapping, writing- thats when the grief hit her the hardest, when she had to leave, drink, come back and wrap up her work. But he was here- he was here with her... Thank God- Thank God-!

Wycliff

Aven stroked Hakon's platinum-blonde locks as she let out all her sadness, resting his cheek against her head. It was obvious she was crying because of him: he did leave her alone, after all. The memory of that blasted Demonlord, Caster, and his summons came forth, a blinding light from his Angel tearing through his flesh, disintegrating his body in an indescribable spike of agony... he should have died, by all accounts, the nature of his condition coming back to him in tandem. Dark matter... indeed, he was not a normal human, nor would be ever be. "It's alright, Haki, I'm back, I'm here..." He leaned down to kiss her cheek. "I'll always come back to you, no matter what. I'm so sorry that I left."

AevumEternity

It took several minutes to calm down, to press more firmly against him, her entire body relaxing though ovcasional shudders pass through her. At last, she succumbs to exhaustion, simply pressing against him, her lips locked against his collar before slowly looking up with red, teary eyes," What... What do you remember?" She rasps weakly, reaching up to touch his face with a trembling hand, still in disbelief. Perhaps holding onto her grief and burying it so deeply had at last driven her mad, and this was all a hallucination?

Wycliff

Aven placed his other hand on her cheek, running his thumb along the side of her face as he gazed into her tear stained eyes. "I... remember us. Matron's hollow, visiting my parents, visiting your estate." His eyebrows drooped. "Our run ins with Caster."

He glanced down at his finger, where Hakon's family ring was still present. "I was a wanderer, an outcast in this land of magic haters, and you found me, gave me a purpose, a calling as a member of Ansgar's hand." He smiles once again. "We were engaged."

AevumEternity

" You remember... Everything?" She questions cautiously, cupping his face in her hands, searching his eyes as her thumbs gently stroked his cheek. No- he didn't remember everything- did he remember his plans? This caused her to pause. If she didn't tell him.... Then it would be one less problem she would have to worry about later in the future- but if she didn't, it could effect his heart, his morales. She bit her lip, still. Searching his eyes.

Wycliff

Aven laughs mirthfully, a happy gleam in his eyes. That same kindness she'd always known, his innate compassion for life pulsed steadily within them. There was also an unwavering trust within the silvery depths, not a single doubt that he was safe in her arms. Safe from the darkness...

Aven cradled Hakon a bit closer. "Everything: even how terribly inadequate a swordsman I am." He raised an eyebrow playfully, trying to lighten the mood. He could see conflict still within her eyes, for whatever reason, and he wanted to dispel any worries she may have. It was the least he could do after what he'd put her through. "So, what has my little Haki been up to while I was gone?"

AevumEternity

Squeezing his face, she pursed his lips and frowned deeply though it wasn't as if she could stay mad at him any longer," I- what kind of question is that, I saw you die!" She scolded, shaking him by his face," I saw you die! You weren't breathing, I- buried what was left of you! What do you mean I've been up to, you inconsiderate-?!" She sighs, glaring at him before kissing his fish-face deeply.

She would... Decide if he was truly alright later, he seemed to remember- most of it...

Wycliff

Aven rocked back slightly from the force of her advance, but relaxed quickly into the embrace, becoming putty in her arms. It was like a dream, being free of that void and back with the love of his life, locked in a passionate kiss. There wasn't anything that mattered more, nothing in the world that he'd trade such a moment for. He surfaced to take a breath after a minute of the intensity, giggling despite himself. "What can I say, even the grave couldn't keep me away from you for long."

AevumEternity

His proclaimation made her sigh, her grasp on his face weaken and eventually fall into his arms aagin, her legs giving out as she embraced him tightly. The drunkenness, the shcok, everything catching up to her in the moment,"... I am just... So happy you're alive-" her voice cracked as darkness clawed at the edge of her vision, her hands relaxing their grip on his shoulders as she slowly began to sink down.

Tags: