Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow of his former self [M] [AevumEternity]

Started by Wycliff, May 07, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven accepted the advance with opens arms, coiling them around her shoulders, one hand caressing the back of her neck as his tongue danced with hers. He wanted to eat, that much was certain, but whenever she kissed him, there was nothing else he could care about more. The softness of her lips pulled his in, entrancing him to no end. Even if he'd desired to break away, he was fully under her spell, and there would be no escape until she allowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

Hakon, at last, pulled away and pressed her lips to his nose," How did you get about? No trouble, I hope?" She inquires softly, tilting her head to one side as she carefully settled back upon the bed, crossing her legs as the turquoise dress hung loosely but flatteringly against her.

Wycliff

Aven nodded woozily, still reeling from the kiss. He picked up one of the plates and silverware, loading half the food neatly onto it and bussing it over to Hakon, two shadow tendrils doing the same for him as he sat down, handing the full plate and fork and knife to her with a grin. "I managed, no particularly familiar faces as of yet that I've run into." He accepted the plate from his tendrils, which receded, and he placed the plate on his lap, beginning to dig into the delicious food with zeal. After chewing and swallowing a mouthful of steak, he glanced to her. "We're all set with the letters?"

AevumEternity

She nods in response and eats rather ravenously for several moments for answering,"... From now on you'll be part of Ansgar's Hand, they will probably suggest you be promoted to Captain as well-" she smiles somewhat deviously as she pops a slice of the tender meat into her mouth, chewing slowly and appreciatively. Closing her eyes, she rested the plate on her lap before looking up," But you need a mount. A Theocog, more precisely," she offers a tiny smile, tilting her head," What do you say?"

Wycliff

Aven is surprised by the suggestion, and squints playfully as he finishes a forkful of eggs. "That promotion sounds like the handiwork of a certain pretty woman, I think." He gobbles down a piece of juicy bacon, savor I guess the flavor. Delicious.

His eyebrows raise slightly at the mention of a mount. "A Theocog, huh? You have some to spare in the herd?"

AevumEternity

" Sales have been down and the more that are paraded about, the better," she answers, chewing thoughtfully upon her food as she flashes him a small smile," It's a process, I'll tell you that- but it's all worth bonding with one."

Wycliff

Aven nodded thoughtfully as he shoved another thick cut of sirloin into his maw, a few stray black particles escaping his lips, which he picked up absently with his tongue. "If I'm going to be a Captain of a heavy Cavalry unit, getting that Theocog is a top priority. Do you think you can get the time off to take me to your estate to find one? I can't imagine going alone, especially with circumstances as they are." He stuffed a combination of bacon and eggs into his mouth blissfully.

AevumEternity

Appreciatively and slowly chewing upon the meat she paused a moment before nodding slightly," Not long though- I need to head South any way to take control of the armies, and I'll be staying with my cousin in Vythe the majority of the time- but it can be done," she smiles faintly

Wycliff

Finishing the last of his food, a piece of bacon, in a flash, Aven returned the smile. "It's settled then, we'll head over to your estate, and find a Theocog for me, then you can join the armies down south. Shall I accompany you to the front, as well? I can't say I value the idea of you fighting without someone there to guard you."

AevumEternity

Hakon stops short and raises a playful eyebrow at him, lowering her utensils," Guard me? Since when have I needed to be guarded?" She chuckles softly, leaning over to kiss his temple," I would like you here to overlook the training of new recruits- I trust no one but you to do a decent job of keeping them from each other's throats," she hums idly.

Wycliff

Aven's mouth becomes an uncertain squiggle. "You're sticking me with babysitting duty, huh? What if I decide to do some revolutionary plotting while you're gone, eh?" He snickers, a sly smirk tugging at his cheek. "Who's going to babysit me?"

AevumEternity

" Oh I'll keep an eye on you," popping another slice of meat into her lips, she winked at him, one cheek puffing out slightly as she chewed and spoke - fork pointed at him rather menacingly but playfully," But should you try anything, know I'll be the first there to kick you into shape." Though her tone was light, there was some warning- clearly she had something in mind when it came 'kicking him into shape', and whatever it was- it had to be worse then sparring her.

Wycliff

Aven chuckled at the threat, as if anything could be worse than forty straight sparring matches against her tower shield. "Sure, sure, honey, I'll behave." He scooted over to her, planting a kiss on the cheek that was plump with food. "Just be careful, the revolution must be getting desperate by now, they could resort to demonology. If that happens, I want you to send for me right away, I can take care of demons far easier than anyone else in the Military."

AevumEternity

Shaking her head she gently flicks him between the eyes," You cannot use your magic in the view of the public at any time-" she cups his face in her hands, gazing into his eyes," If anyone knows, anyone but your parents and us... This could all come crashing down on top of us. Promise me, please." Her voice become low, desperate as she gazes at him seriously.

Wycliff

Aven gives her a reassuring smile, placing his hands over hers gently. "Don't worry, Haki, I wasn't suggesting purifying the demon like I did the mountain spirit." He brings her hands down to the bed, running his fingers up and down her arms in a massaging motion. "I'm not worried about demons because of their speed and strength, I'm worried because of their magics. Even you, a powerful Adhara, can't suppress demon magics: however, their enchantments and illusions do not affect me. I can slay demons with a normal sword, and remain immune to their trickery and allure, while your men, and even you, would be prey to their magics."

AevumEternity

She gazes at him steadily for a moment, her hands resting upon his cheeks as she gently strokes her thumb over his cheekbones. A slow, gentle smile at last curling her lips as she plants a soft kiss upon his forehead,"... I have fought demons before," she promises quietly," I won't fall so easily, you know this." Pulling away, she seemed content to leaving the conversation at that before slowly moving from the room, smiling over her shoulder," I need to get cleaned up- tomorrow we can leave for the South."

Wycliff

Aven smiles relief, blushing lightly as Hakon regales him with affection. She was right, of course: out of the few times they'd faced demons, it was more often than not Aven himself who ended up in trouble. He relaxed back into the bed. "I'll be here, Haki, no rush."

AevumEternity

With a small smile, Hakon nods faintly, reaching out to stroke his cheek with her hand. Her eyes flickered over his face, taking in his features: the heart shaped structure, his delicate nose, soft lips, silver eyes... She felt tears welling up with happiness. She had never expected to see this face ever again, and yet- here he was. Leaning forward, she pressed her lips to his forehead," Lets get ready to go, alright?"

Wycliff

Aven's eyes closed as her lips graced his forehead, a light smile on his face. "Right."

A few days of travel later...

It was embarrassing, riding behind Hakon on Purgatorio. Not because of social norms, nor a conceited belief that he should be in front: no, there was a small muscular hump in the area directly under Aven where he sat, and whenever Purgatorio would trot over uneven terrain, the  hard protrusion would partially crush the Alveron family jewels, coaxing a pitiful whimper from him each time, thus his embarrassment.

Halfway through the journey, he could have sworn the steed was doing so on purpose, seeking out the stray rock, maybe a wayward root. Only speculation, of course, but animals always had hated him, even before his dark matter transfiguration. Now, they loathed him, and Purgatorio had extra motive for doing so, being that he and Hakon had relations. It wouldn't have surprised Aven if he was viewed as trespassing on the Theocog's territory.

As the Kilandre family estate loomed close, one such stray rock was discovered, and the pained gasp from a man who'd had the vertebrae in his spine repeatedly torn apart in his body rang out. It was every man's weakness, no exceptions. "Agh... Haki, I think Purgatorio really does hate me..."

AevumEternity

Hakon glanced back at him, smiling faintly and uttering a low, soft chuckle she often did when he mentioned an animal's hatred for him. She had always found her interactions with animals rather simple and pleasant, and the fact that they all seemed after him only increased the ridiculous nature of it all to her. Alas, this was not to say that she hadn't noticed Purgatorio's movements and patterns the last few days. He was jealous his 'mother' was spending time with another man, ah well- he'd get over it in a year or several, who knew?

Reaching around, she gently reaches back to brush a hand through his hair," Just wait until you get your own, not to mention what the armor can do to you- are you sure you think you can handle a Theocog?"