Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow of his former self [M] [AevumEternity]

Started by Wycliff, May 07, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven relaxes slightly as her hand caresses his scalp, briefly forgetting the pain in his groin. "I don't think I have much of a choice, normal horses wouldn't go near me, let alone allow me to ride them. In any case, this was your suggestion in the first place, wasn't it?" He winces as he shifts on the beast's back, the spot still tender. "I just need a steed that is willing to let me ride it. I can't be a cavalry Captain without a mount... as it is, I'm barely skilled enough with a sword to qualify as a corporal."

He sighed. There really was only so much a man could excel in at once. His expertise in shadow manipulation and Dark Matter abilities greatly hindered any progress he made in swordplay, as the two required vastly different areas of the brain to accomplish. Swordplay required baser instinct, peripheral vision, footwork, and split second timing, while his abilities were all about angles, calculations, strategy, and sharp focus of the mind. The more he developed one, the looser his grasp on the other became: such is the crux of a mortal mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

She pauses, mulling over his words before nodding- ah- he was right, there was only so much he could do and Theocog were his best chance," Alright, hopefully imprinting in a youngster will make it easier for you two to bond," she chirps lightly, gently patting the top of his head before returning to observe the manor looming closer," How long do you think you'd be willing to take, my love?"

Wycliff

Aven raises an eyebrow quizzically. He wasn't privy to the intricacies bonding with normal horses, let alone a Theocog. They had two more legs than the average horse, would that make them one and a half times harder to bond with them? He considered asking Hakon, but something told him he was overthinking the matter.

Aven wrapped his arms around Hakon's waist, scooting a bit closer. "As long as needed, I suppose. The lieutenants can take care of the recruits just fine while we're gone. In fact, seeing as I can't teach anyone much about swordsmanship past how to hit so hard the opponent can't block, it may be better that they handle it. I heard Cassian was in town, they'll be fine."

AevumEternity

" Ah- thats- a relief," she sighs faintly and smiles, as they draw nearer, the town around the manor seems to bustle with life. Preparation. It was good to be home, even with all the memories linked to this place that would forever haunt her.

Taking a deep breath she tilted her head back,"... I love you," she murmured. To Aven. To the plains. To the sky. To her people. God... There was so much to love.

-Several Days Later...

Her hips swayed with the steady gait of Purgatorio as they approached the herd of Theocog near the banks of a river. The massive horses huddeled together, grazing as the youngsters played and nursing mares observed them with critical eyes.

She turned slightly toward Aven, smiling slightly as she motioned toward the majestic beasts, her white sleeves billowing in the wind, skirts flapping against her legs and Purgatorio's flanks," Walk to them, Aven- the one ready to imprint upon you will be found there, though no one will know for sure which one until it happens."

Wycliff

Aven hesitated, watching the herd graze. They were intimidating beasts, when he couldn't be careless around Theocog protecting their colts. Is that what they were called? No, no, he couldn't get distracted, this was essential. He'd read once that first impressions were critical with animals. With that in mind, he approached the group slowly and deliberately, trying to seem the least threatening he could.

The herd stared him down as he approached, but none more than the silver coated Mare to the side. This mare, above over things, prided itself in its instinct, and her instinct told her that the stranger approaching was a threat to the herd. The creature traveled with the bipedal being that usually visited, took care of the herd on occasion, which confused the mare. Was the nice creature unaware of the danger this one posed? Perhaps they couldn't sense the malicious energy spewing from it's form. In any case, she would protect the herd herself from this threat, charging forward at the dangerous newcomer.

Aven halted, and took a few tentative steps back. He knew they didn't like him, but wasn't this overkill?

AevumEternity

Hakon stood by, watching her dearest mate as Purgatorio observed Aven's awkward approach to his herd with malicious pleasure. As the energu of the herd changed, Hakon furrowed her brow, murmuring under her breath, inaudibly to anyone but her dearest companion," I am unsure he will survive this."

In the back of her mind, seemingly a whisper, a deep, familiar and gravely voice responded. We bonded the same way. He will too, or he will die.

She casts a look at her great white war horse, resting her hand flat against a muscled shoulder," He will not die. Not today, sorry Purgatorio, I know how much you were looking forward to that."

Wycliff

The mare's thundering hooves resounded across the field as she leapt toward the creature to attack, rearing up and striking the dangerous being straight in the hard carapace of it's chest. It had been preparing an attack with those odd, top limbs, but she stopped it cold, a feat she was quite proud of.

Aven was thrown back several feet onto the ground, a brief state of disbelief dawning over him. He'd raised his open hands in a gesture of peace, and that viscous beast completely ignored it! Well, actually, now that he thought about it, a Theocog wouldn't exactly understand human gestures, given that it was merely a colloquial sign of surrender among humans. He rolled, getting to his feet, a hoof visibly stamped into the metal of his chestplate. He didn't expect that kind of trouble, but he'd oblige it if need be.  He surged forward, catching the mare by surprise, and vaulted onto its back, much to its dismay.

The creature wasn't dead? Wolves normally passed out from that kind of impact. Above that, the creature was insanely fast on the uptake: she'd been right, it was incredibly dangerous! She began to run, bucking and twisting to throw the malicious being from her back, quite a comical display to any watching.

AevumEternity

" I don't think they are getting along," She observes vaguely, resting a hand under her chin and cocking her head to onee side. Platinum locks falling before her eyes as the great best between her legs bloww hot air from his nostrils.

Most don't, my friend.

" I trust this is the right thing to do.."

You sound doubtful.

" I am, but the imprinting process is always difficult."

Wycliff

Aven had never been to what some would call a "rodeo", but he imagined it was something akin the his current situation. One would think that having fought demons, angels, and everything in between would have prepared Aven for anything, but they would be mistaken. Between the constant bucking, tossing, turning, and darting, he was beginning to feel as though his lunch would have a meet and greet with the dirt. He squeezed his thighs against the beast's sides, gripping the black mane as tightly as he could to keep from being torn from his perch.

Persistent! She'd ran him all across the field, and he was still clinging to her back. How much would it take to trample this creature to the dirt?!

AevumEternity

Idly, Hakon leaned forward, resting her chest along the arch of Purgatorio's thick neck, her hands idly scratching the soft fur behind his ears. His head slowly turning to watch the mare take Aven for a ride,"... How long will this take?"

It depends, she is young, he is persistent, once she tires or accepts him, they will be able to imprint. It is different when we are not raised with one another, no?

" You are incredibly wise, Purgatorio, I would make you an advisor if they would not call me mad as a result," she muses faintly, turning to observe the herd, which seemed to be enjoying the show quite a bit.

Tags: