Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Black Blood.

Started by MarbleSoda, May 28, 2017, 10:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarbleSoda

Vara never really liked the heat, even more so when she was stuffed in her armor in some sort of drafty underground tunnel that lead to the main ring of the arena. Where dimly lit torches and worn down blood-stained sandstone bricks littered her view. She took a hefty sigh and looked towards the gate from the bench she was sitting, the rusted blood stained iron did little to muffle the screaming cheers of the crowd outside, waiting for a bloodlust to occur, and blood to be drawn. Vara tried to drown out the announcer and screams of the crowd by sharpening her sword, but it did little to muffle that obnoxious voice..

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You can here to see a bloodbath and a bloodbath you will get! We have a unique event today! All around the edge of the ring are individual gates! Each with it's own fighter! 100 in total! And in the center of the ring is a smaller hill with a ring around it! The last ten fighters standing in that ring when this bell goes off are the winners! And mind you! We've layed traps and beasts all around the ring when these gates open! Now enough of this explanation. Let the game , Begin!

Vara had already stood halfway through the speech, the blade of her greatsword resting on her shoulder. She thought of how challenging this would be, traps, beasts, and different kinds of strong fighters from all over the word. All here for different reasons, she was here for killing the wrong slaver leader, and she got thrust into this mess. She knew some others joined for coin, She was in this for freedom. Though in reality she didn't mind wiping the floor of some great fighters.. The rusted iron gates started to Roll upwards.

Vara gave a heavy sigh, and left the drafty underground tunnel into the arena, the recently muffled screams and cheers got quite louder, causing Vara to wince slightly in disdain. She looked around, and there were countless fighters.. She took a breath, and started a B-line for the hill. Several fighters seemed to have been in league before this, because she saw groups form of ten, like minded individuals all willing to split the prize money. Unlike those people, Vara was alone. Right her a group of five charged her with spears.. Vara turned quickly, swinging her hips with her footwork as she swatted the spears upwards to her right, leaving the spearmen exposed as she brought the blade downwards apon them.  Her first swing cleaved through the first two head's. And her followup swings quickly dealt with the others as she brought her blade horizontally , the magic blade giving her more energy as she sprinted towards the hill...

This was only the beginning.

Salzem

The only reason the demon was here at this moment, among this festering crowd of 100 souls was because he was being paid to do so. By whom, the demon would not disclose... For such a high-paying job, Demagogue couldn't simply through around this guy's name lest he end up damaging future business offers... What he was being paid with though... were the 89 souls of the soon-to-be dead combatants and if some people in the crowd were to be accidentally killed in this little event then so be it! The bigger the feast the better!

The little announcer man gave a speech the demon couldn't care less for as he stared around at the men a foot or two shorter than he, waving at them gently as if he wasn't going to kill them all in an moment. His skeletal smile struck intimidation and fear into the surrounding warriors all around his gate and theirs, noticing some were eager to fight among the traps and rabid beasts these fools had scrounged up. He'd seen worse in his time... magics untamed, the sky torn wide open for his kind to enter through, the world turned literally upside down... This little arena was nothing more than a pathetic little sandbox for Demagogue to do as he pleased... Well... sometimes it was fun to play in the sand.

As the gates raised, the demon merely fazed through them as he walked out into the arena grounds, swords and spears passing through his skeletal frame as if he were made nothing but air. Demagogue smiled as he casually flicked his wrist, sending one man flying several stories in the air, pointing at another and blowing a hole right through his chest with an invisible force. With each man he killed and the others killed, Demagogue seemed to pick through their bodies, withdrawing a small multi-colored flame before stuffing it in his pockets. Ah the human souls... what delicious candy...

MarbleSoda

Vara liked to think she was the first one to the hill, she was very confident of it as she had cleaved her way through team after team. The magic on her blade keeping her fresh and ready for every following gladiator. She placed her foot right into the right,  and then swung her hips, twisting her footwork and swinging the greatsword widely behind her, slashing a group of three that had tried to sneak up on her. She then resumed her entry of the ring. The crowd roared as the announcer accounted her deeds.

And It seems we have our first winner! A tall dark armored elf has cleaved her way to the hill! How long will she keep her place there though!

Vara didn't bother raising her first or sword or anything like that. She didn't care for the crowds approval, she simply took her greatsword, and carved a circle in the sand about the length of her greatsword. Vara then took stance, and kept a wary eye for everyone around her.. When other fighters entered the ring, they kept their distance from her wisely, though three tried to circle her with spears. They all got on one side and thrust simultaneously towards her head, She dropped to the floor, a sliding kick to the one on the right followed by a massive sweep of her greatsword to his legs, tearing one off and the other mutilated horrifically. He crawled backwards, screaming. Another tried to come up from behind and slam the spear like a quaterstaff onto her head,

Vara made quick work of the other two, parrying the incoming spear and rose to a knee with another wide upwards swing of her greatsword, the blade rippling through their leather armor and chain coifs. She took a sigh as she resumed her position at the center of the circle. Something caught her attention though...

A skeleton, no-, More like a demon of war was tearing his way through the northern side of the arena like it was a daily walk through the forests, dark magic and mysterious ways of death from his finger point echoed around the arena..Soon ,no one even dared to touch him. . .Vara kept a wary note of him as she cleaved her way through another team.

Salzem

It was less that people wouldn't attack the demon, more that they couldn't. Their non-enchanted weapons passed right through him as if he didn't exist, only to be met with the worst kinds of death... Blood bathed the ground that surrounded the demon as he wandered through the arena, men dropping dead with holes in their chests or their entire heads popping like grapes as if entering his perimeter spelled out a curse of doom. As Demagogue made his way near the hill he was supposed to be climbing, the announcer declared that they had a winner already, a dark elf who had cleaved her way to the top. Feh... Demagogue would have to eat that man's soul as well once this was all done... get the full 90 souls.

In an instant, the demon the elf was supposed to keep an eye on disappeared from her sight, appearing right behind her as he wrapped his bony arms over her shoulders, resting his chin right next to her throat in a way that most mortal lovers used to express warm affection. The demon smiled darkly, mischievously as his carved teeth nipped at the girl's neck flesh before a massive pulse of telekinetic energy blasting out across the head of the hill, causing the upper-halves of the men climbing up to their position to literally be blown to pieces right above their belly button, sending a massive cloud of red mist into the air. Demagogue's eye-lights lit up in amusement should the girl struggle against his grip, the elf no-doubt feeling the weight of an ancient demon's psychic grip denying her movement.

"Well... hello there, 'first-winner'..." The demon murmured, his large hat drooping down somewhat over his face, casting a shadow over half, obscuring the other with it's rim.

MarbleSoda

Before Vara blinked, she was cleaving a way to first place freedom, her blade midswing into one of the gladiators. After Vara blinked, she was being sensually hugged from behind by a skeleton demon who had the audacity to nip at her neck flesh and be playful. All the while the rest of the gladiators that she hadn't slain exploded from the waist up. She growled with anger as the pressure from his psychic abilities made it hard for her to even think, like the crushing wait of a barbell to someone who cant lift it. Vara took a sigh, barely able to muster the strength to raise a pipe to her mouth and light it.

"Morning.." She simply said, before taking her magical greatsword and attempting to give roar, and slap him with the flat edge of it as she tried to take a step forward and swing her hips and blade around to ward off the demon..

Salzem

"Girls who smoke?" The demon questioned, biting down a little harder so that his sharp, pointed teeth cut into her skin just enough to break it, but not enough to bleed. "...Always hot..." Suddenly, he felt a tug on his own mind as the girl's strength welled up from within her, managing to slip past his mental grip and swing her sword around intending to bash his skeletal face with it's flat side. At first, the demon's mouth curled into a cocky smile, intending for it to pass right through him but as the distance between the steel and Demagogue's bones closed, he sensed the magic radiating off it's surface... If he was hit by that, he'd feel real physical pain for the first time in centuries and he COULDN'T have that! Right before the blade struck him, the demon disappeared once more appearing only a few feet out of the range of the blade before her, the skeleton's arms crossed. The demon's lights were fixated on that blade of hers, the magic of which was less than pure.

"Nice sword!" He remarked, smiling with genuine appreciation for the blade. "'Mind if I.... hold it?" Without waiting for a response, the demon would flick his wrist and the girl would feel a massive tug on not only her blade, but against her fingers as well, threatening to pry them open and allow the massive cursed weapon to proceed into his hands. Almost immediately after grabbing the blade, the demon hunched forward, the sword nearly falling out of his grip with it's sheer weight. Demagogue seemed genuinely surprised by its mass, his sockets widening before his telekinesis kicked in, providing extra strength that allowed the demon to hold the blade out before him.

"Hmmm... Finely balanced... Excellent edge..." He mused before his eyes flicked back to the elf. "Beautiful wielder... A truly great weapon you have, 'first-winner.'"

MarbleSoda

Vara gained a small smirk of confidence as the demon was forced backwards a few yards. Though when he ripped the blade from Vara's hands, a true look of anger and fear resigned apon her face. Though she was not quick to respond her stoic expression quickly broke apon her losing her sword, like she had just had her child taken from her, similar anger and fear quickly arose while she tried to think of a response. While she was thinking of her response, the speechless crowd roared in cheer as the announcer stuttered to answer.

O-oh my god! And it seems l-like...w'well only be having TWO winners this time! A-a demon of ...I don't even know! And the tall elf seemed to be having a debate! Haha..ha..Uhm! Let's wrap this up!
Let's hear it for our two winners!

The announcer seemed like he didn't want this to progress, Vara knew though that she needed her blade back and right now.

"I'm not dumb...What do you want.., and more specifically..Want do you want for me to have my sword back,.." She growled, returning to her stoic glare as she refilled her pipe casually. She was pissed beyond seven hells, but she wasn't stupid enough to get herself a hole in her chest from this demon. Meanwhile, A couple of hesitant servants approached, one offering the demon the prize money, a large sack of coins and gems, glittering gold and jewelry galore shone through the bag.The other servant told her. "Y...you're free...A-and all charges are released"..With a stutter, maybe out of fear of her, but more likely out of the demon. She had the sudden realization that she had nothing to barter with either.. What could this demon want away?

Salzem

The demon smiled widely as the announcer declared both he and the dark-elf were the winners in this tournament, a well enough assertion indeed. It would be unfortunate if he had to do something... graphic to her to make her lose... As the two servants approached them with their prizes, the demon with mortal currency such as gold and gems and the girl's declaration of freedom... A former slave then, hmmm....? Lovely AND a great medium for business.... He found himself falling for her more and more... The demon's eyes lit up as the girl practically demanded her weapon back in the from of a request and Demagogue cocked his head, appearing to think exactly what this girl could offer him now... Well... he already knew the moment he first nipped her neck... Without a single movement, all the souls from the recently dead coagulated into a small little ball no bigger than a skipping stone, gently resting in the demon's free hand. The skeleton gently raised the ball to his mouth, swallowing the souls as they radiated through his system, the sweet taste of power and euphoria radiating through his marrow almost like a drug.

"What do I want...?" The demon murmured before waving his hand in a shewing motion, ushering the servant away, but demanding he leave his prize of gold. "How about... the pretty lady's name...?" He offered, holding out the blade for the dark elf to take. "Oh, and take this gold too... I have no pockets for metals." He gestured to the various coins, gems and jewelry on the ground beside him before smiling down at her with a grin almost warming... Almost.

"So... What do I, a humble demon, call a marvel of life such as you...?"

MarbleSoda

Vara didn't hesitate, she didn't mind giving out her name for the most meaningful thing in her life. She took the pipe out of her mouth and responded "Vara," She said ,scanning the demon carefully as she accepted the blade, and reached for the gold. "Yknow, for how people portray demons..you're different, why didn't you blast a whole in my chest?" She placed the pipe back in her mouth, slinging the bag of coins and jewelry over her shoulder. Herself then taking the sword in her right hand and gripping it tightly ,never wanting to let go of it , at least right now.

She scanned the demon carefully for his next moves. He wasn't like any other she had encountered, this demon wasn't Satan's poor attempt at cosplay, no, this one was in a league in his own. She really didn't know if he was trying to flirt with her, or play tricks and that frustrated Vara.. She waited for his response.

Salzem

"Vara..." Demagogue repeated, smiling softly. "What a nice name..." The elf took both the sword and the gold, commenting that he wasn't anything like the stereotypical demon portrayal. The skeleton seemed to appreciate that compliment, his grin softening further into one of genuine appreciation. "I get that more than you might think..." He commented. When she asked why he didn't blow a hole in her chest, the demon smiled and gestured towards the exit. "Let us make our way out before they call the guard on us, hmm?" The demon chuckled, giving the rugged elven beauty a small shove in the direction of the gates in which they entered.

"As to why I didn't... 'blow a hole through your chest' as you put it... why would I need to...? You see, I was hired to win the competition, not kill everyone in here... While the essence of what makes you... you is quite delicious, even intoxicating, I wouldn't just massacre everyone if I could avoid it." The skeleton winked at her softly before stuffing his hands into his jacket, leaning his head back as the lights in his sockets stared up at the sky. "Well... And also because you're simply a magnificent being, Vara." His eyes flicked down to catch her reaction as the two made it back down into the bloodworks (the place in which slaves enter the arena) as champions.

"Your gift for winning this... bloodsport was your freedom..." Demagogue mused, tapping his chin in wonder. "If I may... What's the story behind that?"

MarbleSoda

Vara gave a hefty sigh, shifting the pipe in her mouth as she raised a hand on her chin, pondering how to respond to this. "Well..I killed..twenty people, that pissed some slaver man off, drugged me, now I'm here" . She tsked "I might have to kill him after all of this, but for now I'm off to get very very drunk. She looked over to the Demon, squinting. "You said you where hired..If it 'aint gold that you want, what were you hired with?" She gave a small smirk, trying to turn the tables off of her as she took a bench in the blood works, where people trained and most gave odd looks to the demon, She rather liked him. Funny, though a complete wild card. She liked him even more because he wasn't trying to kill her.

Salzem

"Killed 20 people?" The demon exclaimed, surprised, his eyes widening. "Wow... The world what it used to be..." Back in the day, you had to kill at least 30 before they threw you into slavery... 10 would get you a death sentence and anything lower is jail but only 20 is slavery.... The demon seemed to grow somber... but that didn't last as the elf remarked she'd have to kill her former slaver when she was done with all this. Immediately, Demagogue's smile brightened once more as he let out a light chuckle, amused by her dark comments...

"Oh, I think I can do you one better, Vara..." The demon offered. "How would you feel... knowing that I have made a slave out of the man who enslaved you....? Justice, no?"

Vara mentioned that the demon was hired and if he wasn't hired with gold or jewels, what could he have possibly been hired with.

"Souls!" Demagogue stated flatly, looking at the girl with a confused smirk. What else would encourage a demon? "Listen, I have no need for your currency... What am I going to spend it on? A sword that can't damage my kind? Armor that can't resist my own power? A house in which I will never stay? No, I just needed some light sustenance today and that arena provided it." He spoke casually, as if consuming a mass of 98 souls was like consuming a pot-roast and... in the demon's mind... it was. Had to kill something, scrape off what you wanted onto your plate and eat it!

"If you don't mind... Might I come with you to the tavern?" Demagogue asked, smiling hopefully. "I wouldn't have it if you died from alcohol poisoning..."

MarbleSoda

Vara gave a surprised smirk at his remarks, this Demon seemed to get around and that surprised Vara. She was surprised that such a well traveled Demon hadn't met his fate yet. His offer to make the slave master a slave gave Vara a smile

"I 'aint doing slavery, but if you want him I'll point you his place.

Vara then heard about souls, she didn't know..souls, were like candy to this guy. She took it in mind to be careful around large crowds of enemies..Y'know, because what if she accidentally got caught in? She had hoped that another fight would not happen today but, you never know.

"A drink huh?...well..Just promise if I do pass out you buy me a room right? I ain't keen on gettin
robbed while sleepin on the bar...First rounds on me" She addd with a smirk, before heading her way to the bar. Leaving the gates of the coliseum  entrance towards the nearest rundown shaggy bar.

Salzem

"Just tell me where he is..." The demon murmured, leaning in close to enunciate his point. "...And I'll make him feel the pain he's inflicted upon you..." The demon's eyes glowed with a sinister sincerity, though the glow wasn't meant for her... but for the scum that would lock such a beautiful being of flesh away... to abuse her in the terms of slavery. Gradually, his expression faded back to his neutral smirk. To his question whether or not he could join her in the local tavern, Vara seemed to smile, offering him that in exchange that if she got too drunk and passed out, Demagogue would buy her a room with the treasure she had just acquired. After all... it wouldn't do to be mugged.

"Very well..." The demon sighed happily, feeling the heart he didn't have begin to beat in resonance with hers... or rather, for hers. She wasn't afraid... she was a strong fighter of a women... She was willing to drink and deal with a devil and so casually at that... She trusted him to keep her safe while she slept and to not take her over or steal her soul... Demagogue had to say, he was touched by her trust... If the elven beauty abliged, Demagogue would wrap an arm around her laughing heartily, patting slapping her shoulder to express his enthusiasm. A demon such as he could hardly get drunk... but he did enjoy the taste.

The strange duo would arrive at a (or rather THE) run down bar known as the "Crystal Sands", a place seeming to have booming business, and still managed to remain disgusting... Ah... Demons loved these places... People would give away anything while they were drunk... As the two walked in, Demagogue would attract a lot of attention from the patrons inside, some blinking in shock, others gasping at the apparent walking deadman in their building. The demon looked down at his companion and grinned, amused by their reactions.

"Don't you just love being stared at...?" He asked before raising his voice for all to hear. "FIRST ROUND IS ON MY FRIEND HERE!"

Tags: