Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Some Tea? (P)(Salley-Pooh)

Started by Blink, May 30, 2017, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

After that morning's events, Nashya thought it best to finally tell Demagoue the truth. He had to have known something was up lately, she had been distracted and always running off for a few weeks now. No longer did she linger around the winery long after the workers had gone home out of boredom. Nashya had something else to focus her attention on now... But what was it?

Walking through she did not smile or even make eye contact with any of them, as she never did. To her, they were all a means to an end, little worker bees slaving away for a greater purpose only to die in the end for their queen. Cyn would be quite proud should she ever decide to see what the two had made of the place. Having turned a run down winery into a fully operational business.

Once Dem was in her sights Nashya walked up to him, the illusion of his face clarifying with each step she took towards him. "I am leaving in a few days. I have business in Connlaoth to take care of. Think you can manage to stay out of sight for a bit once I leave? Shouldn't be gone for more than a day or two."

She was so casual with the way she said it, speaking as if she were merely talking about the weather over some afternoon tea.

Salzem

Demagogue wasn't exactly avoiding his employees persay, rather, he was going out of his way to make sure that he wasn't exactly seen... Sure, a glance or two was okay, maybe even a passing comment, but he couldn't afford to maintain long conversations with them either. He was aware of his... degenerating appearance, hard to miss when the majority of your products were glass... He looked like he was now wearing the skin of a man, eyeballs and organs included. He appeared... human but not, in the way a doll crafted earily well might appear... In short, Demagogue walked the trenches of the uncanny valley and because of this, he was unable to maintain his usual repore with the people he was paying.

It had been a good amount of time avoiding his people before he finally caught view of his partner in wine, Nashya, walking his way. With each step, Demagogue's illusionary human form returned to it's regular handsome self, his open confidence and liveliness returning with his form. The demon met the girl half way, smiling down at her as if greeting an old friend, though he refrained from a hug or handshake he might actually offer to one of those.... Keep things professional.

"AH, There you are!" Demagogue exclaimed with a slight guffaw, then his voice drawing quieter. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to run this place without being in someone's direct line of sight...?" Nash then mentioned that she needed to leave once more to Connlaoth, that she had business there. The demon's smile seemed to grow hard around the edges not in an angry way, but more... displeased with this news.

"You're leaving...?" He questioned, looking around to make sure no one was listening before reaching out and gently tugging her arm, a signal to walk. "What business? I need to be here to display a new wine we've concocted... It'll blow our competition out of the water but ONLY if we advertise it correctly... What could make you so busy that you can't stay by my side?"

Blink

Having been his partner long enough Nashya could tell Demagogue was displeased with this bit of news. "I am not leaving indefinitely like I said only a few days if that." As if she really even needed Demagogue's permission to leave anyways.

Now being tugged along to walk and talk Nashya rolled her eyes at the mention of new business, all of it seemingly futile in her eyes compared to what she had to do. "Reschedule," she said bluntly, pulling her arm from Demagogue and stopping. Nashya was dead serious, not willing to budge on her departure.

"While my life may belong to Cyn and Golden Gear other parts of me do not. I have obligations elsewhere and that is all you need to know." They way she danced around the words almost poetic. Every word she spoke truly in a sense. Her life did indeed belong to Golden Gear, she had sworn by it to aid in the plan. However, her heart was her own and with her heart, she was choosing to go another direction.

Beginning to walk again now Nashya was leading the way, walking straight into one of the main manufacturing buildings and straight into their office. After the two of them entered she would slam the large wooden door shut before turning towards Demagogue once more, both arms crossed over her chest.

"As my partner and someone I... trust..." Pausing on the word that had taken so long to build between the two Nashya's eyes softened. She really did trust Demagogue, his way of keeping her darker self at bay proof to the words. "I need you to please just understand."

Salzem

"That's not good enough!" The demon insisted as his partner stated that the only thing he needed to know was that he had 'other things' to do outside of their work. Oh yes, it was fine to have a life... Before you know it, someone might snatch it away so there was nothing wrong with using it... The issue was when it messed with your work and as a duo, when one of them was gone, the other couldn't get any real work done namely Demagogue. For all he loved Nash as a partner and respected her on those grounds, the fact that she was willing to deprive a demon such as he of crushing the human filth under his feet with his superior business skills was absolutely intolerable... Well... unacceptable... disappointing... Fine, it wasn't anything that he could really refute because he COULD reschedule, what with his competition being so immeasurably confident with their home-brand but that wasn't the POINT! She wasn't telling him why she was willing to leave him hanging like this.

The girl took the lead this time, bringing them right to their office where Nash closed the door behind them. Demagogue crossed his arms, a stern straight line upon his mouth as he waited for some kind of answer.

The demon's demanding gaze softened as well as Nash stated that she trusted him and because she did, because he was her partner, he had to understand that she had to do this. OH THE ABUSE OF HIS EMOTIONS HE CLAIMS HE DOESN'T HAVE! HE COULD FEEL IT IN HIS BONES! The demon knelt down so that they were relatively eye level, his voice quiet enough so that it would not leave this room.

"Nash... undo the illusion for a moment..." If she complied, the demon would revert back to his natural form, his black sockets staring into her eyes softly as his teeth curled up into a gentle smile... almost one friends might give each other...

"Nashya... I AM your partner... And because I am, trust me to keep a secret and tell me where you're going... I can't just let you disappear without knowing why..."

Blink

At his request, Nashya removed the illusion making Dem appear in his natural form. Unlike most, she didn't even flinch at the change but instead had grown quite used to his normal self.

With arms still crossed she did her best to hold up the confident front she had been displaying despite how Demagogue lowered himself to her level. "Fine..." she finally caved rolling her eyes and letting her arms relax at her sides.

"I am going to kill Mordecai to lure out a vampire." Her statement leaving no room for question. However, she continued on as her eyes began to light up a bit. "I won't let him go alone. If I can be there to help I will because I would never forgive myself if I let the one person who finally gets me slip away in some useless battle."

Taking a step back she fell into a chair, relaxing a bit. "My abilities can help him... and I want to." Nashya then blushed, not realizing how she had begun to let her true feelings show. She had fallen for Sano and fallen hard at that. He was all she could think of as of late, even her nightmares transformed into dreams of a future the two could have.

"I love him, Demagogue."

Her eyes were now locked onto his sockets as she displayed the severity of her affliction. It was the kind of love that caused people to throw themselves into harm's way should the situation arise. The kind of love that made some question everything about their life the moment it came to light.

Salzem

Demagogue couldn't help but smile in triumph as his partner gave in to his request, that smile quickly shattering when she explained that she was not only going to kill Mordecai (meaning several) but doing this to bring out an even deadlier beast, a vampire. She further threw the demon by stating she 'wouldn't let HIM go alone' and that she wouldn't forgive herself if 'HE' slipped away. He? who was He? Was he he? Was someone else he? She wasn't making any sense...

Nash slumped back in a nearby chair while the demon leaned back, half-sitting on their desk behind him as he listened, the girl stating how much she could help HIM and that she wanted to help HIM... With all this talk of other men, the demon couldn't help but be jealous. Granted, he didn't have ENOUGH romantic attraction to go out and kill this mysterious HIM like other mortals nowadays with their silly romantic feuds but indeed he was comparing himself to this HIM that Nash kept mentioning... the HIM that stole his partner's heart from him.

The Fire-bomb fell when the girl stated that she, indeed loved this HIM, staring into his sockets as if trying to project the full specrum of love she felt... and none of it was for the HIM in this very room.

"H-heh heh heh!" He chuckled, crossing his arms and shaking his head, breaking eye-contact as he did so. "I didn't think it was possible! You really ARE full of surprises, aren't you Nash?" Demagogue, for some reason felt his bones weigh several times more than a few moments ago before this revelation but that wouldn't stop him from putting on his care-free demonic front. "So... who's this lucky mortal-vampire hunter?" He asked, ignoring the pains going through his body (originating in the chest) almost like withdraw.

Blink

Not picking up Demagogue's inner turmoil Nashya merely smiled wider, happy that he didn't start off by lecturing her or something. "His name is Sano..."

The way his name fell from her lips caused her to blush again, the very thought of him really causing her entire face to flush a similar shade to her eyes. "He isn't going to kill this vampire as some heroic quest in case that is what you are thinking. It nearly killed his mentor and so he is going to take revenge and protect any future victims."

Laying back farther in the chair Nashya let out a deep breath, clearly smitten with every idea of him that passed through her mind. "He is sweet and understanding and he doesn't think me crazy at all. He has even picked up on when you know who is trying to chime in."

Nashya then recalled the first time her darker self-exposed itself to Demagogue. To this day she still didn't know all the detail but one thing was for certain. Whenever Demagogue was around, that part of her didn't even try to surface beyond her mind.

"He makes me feel normal Dem... something I know you can understand. Would you not give anything to have someone that looks beyond the curses placed on you in life? He sees me for who I really am, beyond the crazy and darkness inside of me."

Salzem

"Sano huh...?" The Demon muttered, wondering if he had ever encountered someone by that name... Under normal circumstances, the skeleton would track down this kid, threaten to rip him limb from limb and go on with his day feeling perfectly justifed but by the expression on Nash's face as she said his name... the color of her cheeks that mortals such as she tend to take... the way the name rolled off her lips... He couldn't force himself to do it... Rather, he couldn't convince himself that he'd enjoy ruining their lives together, that he could smile as he smashed the confidence and trust the kid had in the world... When he looked at Nash and the way she talked about him... The demon felt as vulnerable to her wiles as any mortal. Dammit... he was developing a soul...

"So... you go for the quiet, vengeful types huh? The... uh... 'bad-boys.'" The demon flexed his pointer fingers and middle fingers to express the quotations. She went on to describe her dream mate, stating how he was sweet and understanding, that he didn't think she was crazy at all... This miracle of life apparently had the brains to pick up on her other half coming out to play. Oh goody for him! But who could STOP this other personality from surfacing? Who made that side afraid to come out...? The demon's soft smile never wavered, but the lights in the demon's sockets were slowly fading, only noticeable to those who were really paying attention.

Demagogue had to resist the temptation to disappear when Nash mentioned that this mate of hers made her feel normal, that this was something the demon should understand... She asked him if he would give anything he had to have someone that looked beyond the surface and the curses life threw upon him and the Demon looked somewhat somber... very SUBTLY somber.

"I used to think I didn't need to give anything... She was right here." The demon NEARLY remarked, a strange numbness preventing him from moving the moment those words nearly left his teeth. It didn't stop his emotions, but it just wouldn't let him move.... it was as if his body was fighting itself. Nash continued on, stating that this guy sees her for who she really is beyond all that darkness within and the skeleton blurted out:

"But I love you for who you ARE, Crazy darkness and all! I want to hold every last bit of you, not just the desirable parts! I want you... not just bits and pieces but YOU!"

Well... he NEARLY said that. In reality What he said was:

"He sounds like the perfect man! You've gotten quite a bargain."

Blink

"I don't have a type Demagogue. The heart wants what the hearts wants and mine wants Sano."

She almost felt like she had to defend her feelings like she wasn't convincing Demagogue enough of how she felt. Maybe he just couldn't understand, what with lacking a soul and all how could one truly love?

Looking around Nashya stood up, perking up even more when she saw the tea kettle that was still warm. Demagogue had tea this morning and now Nashya was going to take it. This demon may have been many things, but his tea was absolutely perfect.

While pouring herself a cup she tried to move on with the conversation, not wanting to seem like a love struck blabbering fool now. "So I will leave as soon as I have word they have arrived in Connlaoth and located it." Nashya failed to mention there would be more than just her and Sano fighting this vampire, that in fact there were two others joining them on this venture.

"I will just shadow jump"  Placing the kettle back down Nashya then lifted the cup to her lips, taking in the sweet aroma of the tea before letting out an audible 'mmmm'.

"As long as we lure it out quickly there should be no reason I cannot be back the same day or the next." Nashya took a sip before making her way back towards the chair and situating herself. "You won't even know I was gone Dem."

Salzem

"Yeah, okay." The Demon rolled his eyes at her comment about not having types. "Of course, what would I know anyway? I don't even have a soul, and between you and me... I think our workers already know that!" He chuckled lightly before reaching for the pot of tea he had put on this morning for this very interaction. It seemed, however, that Nash's hand got their first and was already pouring herself a cup. The moment she put it down, the demon did his own, though... he didn't take a sip... he merely held it between his fingers as the girl he still loved went on. She stated that she would be leaving the moment they've found it and that he wouldn't even know she was gone.

"Actually... I would." Demagogue disagreed, finally setting his undrunk cup of tea down on the desk behind him. "My disguise will look hideous and ugly again! I'll have to be running this place from behind closed doors and you know how I despise impersonal work."

There were actually dozens of reasons he didn't want his partner to go, not least because this little shedding of blood would only draw her and this Sano even closer together. That's REALLY how you know you love someone, they say... When you're willing to kill for them. Still the demon let out a defeated sigh, shoving all those intense feelings into a box to be stored until later... when he was alone again.

"I WILL miss our morning tea." Demagogue stated, almost appearing... sad. "Better come back so you can make this up to me."

Blink

Snapping her gaze up Nashya reacted to Dem's comment. "This is why I asked you to stay out of sight. I cannot guarantee your cover will even work if I am distracted elsewhere. I feel I may have to channel all of my energy into the task at hand."

Setting her cup down she made herself more comfortable in the chair, something she often did when Demagogue was around. "Take a vacation, go gather some debts... do something other than sit here for a few days and be bored." Her eyes then trailed the room as she took in the sight of all the work they still had to do.

"I know you Demagogue and I know that you have plenty more going on than this silly winery. Cyn cannot expect us to work every single day just to gather profit for her. We deserve a day off."

Salzem

"I never thought you'd be the one to lecture me about taking a day off." The demon laughed. "Very well... I'll find something new to do."
If Nash knew Demagogue as well as she claimed, she'd know the demon actually took a liking to his position. While making and selling wine wasn't the most powerful position (and as a demon, he did crave power), he was having fun pushing his way through the business market like he owned this little corner. A day off from something a demon would consider his day off was simply going back to the grind, a grind of wandering around and simply eating until the time had elapsed. The satisfaction of consuming all a person was didn't reach the newer standards he had set and now were merely equivalent to eating for a mortal... If he did it all the time it'd get boring and it most certainly had gotten boring...

"By any chance..." Demagogue asked, his eyes lighting up. "Would I be able to go with you? I've got nothing I'd rather do in mind right now and... I'll get to meet the man who swept my partner off her feet."

Blink

At his question, Nashya took in a deep breath. Of course, he would ask this, she almost expected it.

"No"

Her response almost sounding urgent. Nashya though had a reason for denying his request.

"I work with you almost every day. I would like to think that I know you well enough to say sometimes you get carried away. You could be more of a danger than a help... I'm sorry." Words that were honest no matter how hurtful they may be.

"We also already have a well thought out plan. We have considered almost every circumstance and so adding you would mean we would have to start all over. Also, it is not my journey to invite you on. This is Sano's revenge and so I would like to keep it that way. The only reason I am even going as I said before is that I could never live with myself if he got hurt and I could have prevented it."

Salzem

"And you think I'm more trouble than I'm worth..." The demon concluded, his soft smile turning into one much sharper, perhaps even angry. "I suppose asking to make sure my partner is safe is too much." Demagogue slipped behind his desk, sitting down  intertwining his fingers as he looked down at the various paperwork they needed to get done by the end of the week. If he wasn't going to be spending his time with his partner, he might as well be doing his work, with Nash's blessings or no.

"Well, have fun being noble. See you in a few days." And with that, the demon would speak no more to her, already signing and reading over various papers for the betterment of their cover-business.

It seemed all Nash was willing to do today was hurt him, stab him right there through the chest in a way a demon might... It was both admirable and cruel and... on some level, he appreciated that quality in her but on most others, it repulsed him... and that was repulsive in it of itself... He wasn't supposed to feel pain when he was rejected or loss when one doesn't share his advances. He was a demon older than man and he had no soul to feel these things with and yet... he felt them indeed... Demagogue, anger was apparent by the pressure building in the room, a force that seemed to shove the girl only slightly in the direction of the door.

Blink

Maybe it was the unintentional negativity in the room, or perhaps Nashya's own conscious coming into play but something began to stir within her.

"I'm sensing something" her inner voice chirped, its tone wary of what may happen.

Even Nashya could feel the atmosphere in the room had changed. It was as if all the forces in the room were now pushing her out the door... and she did not like it. It caused a shift in her personality, but it truly was her personality feeling this way. It had nothing to do with the darker part of herself's influence either.

As Demagogue should have known her abilities fed off of negativity. Whether it be fear, hate, anger... frustration need not matter. She almost liked how it made her feel, and even worse wanted nothing more than to keep sitting there just to keep absorbing it.

"As we both know Demagogue..." her voice was darker, almost like when her darker self-took over, but still it was her own. "... we are both far from noble."

Whether or not he was listening she did not care. Her point needed to be made and Demagogue needed to know that what he had just done, whatever it may be, had angered her. Finally, she pushed herself up from the chair, leaving the cup of tea behind as she made her way towards the door.

"Goodbye Demagogue"

So now maybe she would travel the entire way there with them, only extending her absence even further. But hell, anything would be better than dealing with Demagogue while she waited for them to arrive.