Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Wonderful Mess...

Started by Datasmith, July 17, 2017, 06:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datasmith

'What a wonderful mess I've made...' Ravasch though with a growl. He never meant to be be seen by a group of hunters. He tried to silence them, but the damnable things melted into the jungle. Why did he choose this blasted archipelago again?

The large from the colorless, grey dragon shrunk into the diminutive shape of a middle age human male.
Ravasch held his hands before him, they were as grey as his scales; his "skin" was as well. And then he looked at the Bolt still lodged in his chest. He moved an hand over to his curse and took hold.
Immediately he fell to one knee, it still hurt, and it is still is going no-were. He sighed deeply, and made his way to the closest village.
'Worse comes to worse, I burn it to the ground and hide for the next twenty or so years.' He thought, just reaching the outskirts of the large village.

DragonSong

It was the scent that caught her attention before anything else. Melly lifted her head from the coconut she'd been gnawing at and perked her ears, sniffing curiously.

Hm...

Now, what were the chances that a mainland dragon would visit the islands twice in as many months?

The colorful dragoness gave herself a little shake and got to her feet, padding off curiously in the direction of the scent.

Datasmith

No sooner had the poisoned one reached the clearing that served as a perimeter of the village did he sense another of his kind. It wasn't by sent, not hearing, just simple instinct.
Ravasch cursed in a dead language and moved for cover, no doubt it caught his sent before he shifted. he saw many bushes to take cover in, but a thought came to him; a tree would serve as both a lookout post and decent cover.
As the dragon-turned human climbed the tree the worst possible thing happened, a branch snagged the protruding bolt lodged in his chest, a feral and very loud snarl left his lips as he fell the 10ft he climbed and landing with a solid thud that sent another wave of agony through his human form.

DragonSong

Melly gave a sharp squawk and jumped back as she saw the bipedal form go tumbling from the tree.

Well that looked like it hurt.

"Oh dear- are you alright?" she called in Yoreiqi, assuming it was an island native, before her senses caught up with her and she drew up short.

Ah. This was her draconic visitor then.

Datasmith

The fall itself wasn't painful, it was the feeling of his very soul being tugged at that was.
Ravasch fell still as he heard a voice call out to him in some language he didn't know, and the feeling of another of his kind being near was strong. Slowly he stood up and almost immediately he saw a dragon that could only be discribed as-
"Perrot..." he growled, and spit blood from a bitten tongue onto the ground. Almost immediately the small ferns around the area shriveled up and died.
"What do you want, bird?" He said, a hand on the area around the bolt.

DragonSong

Melly froze.

It had been some weeks since someone had called her "bird". Were all mainlanders like this?

Switching to Common when she realized that the man before he was in fact the source of the scent she'd been following, she shook her head and said calmly, "I do not want anything. Except to offer some assistance, if you need it."

Datasmith

maybe I should act nicer towards her, last thing I want is another fight. Even more so if her flock or whatever we're to get involved. Ravasch though, once more spitting blood onto the ground. He adjusted his leather vest.
"Apologies... I am... in quite the amount of pain." He half lied, he wasn't sorry but he was in near agonizing pain after the tree incident. Looking back up to the colorful dragon he squinted and donned a look of confusion.
"I am... Ravasch. Tell me, youngling, what sort of assistance are you willing to provide?" He questioned. This dragon was young, somewhat over 200 years, but no more than 300. Odd to see one so young stray from a family group. A question for later, perhaps.

DragonSong

The dragoness lowered her head as she approached, crest relaxed and tail held close to the ground in an unconscious gesture of placation.

He may be in human form now, but she could tell this dragon was old, and likely very powerful.

"Do you need healing?" she questioned, cocking her head slightly to the side. "I'm no master, but I could help a little. And if your...injuries prevent you from taking your true form, I could help take you to your destination," she offered.

Datasmith

Ravasch sighed, so naive, she is too trusting. he thought. Ravasch brushed off dirt on his pants and looked back up to the young dragon.
"I am fully capable of shifting, bird. And no, your skills in healing will not alleviate me of this" he said gesturing to the black iron bolt lodged in his chest. Ravasch glanced over to the village, faintly visible in the middle of the clearing. Quickly he thought of a lie to tell the whelp.
"I was seen in my true form by a cadre of hunters. I was afraid they would try and warn the village of an 'evil' dragon, no fault lies with them, I do look menacing in my true form. I tried to explain to them but they took it as me making a move to attack them." Ravasch sighed in false sadness, "my mission is to observe them, and hope they do not attempt to hire others to hunt me."
Ravasch though for a moment, and smiled slightly. "What do you know of these people? Do you think they would hire others to hunt me like an animal?"

DragonSong

Melly snorted and shook her head at the word "hunters". Once she would have been incredulous at the very idea, but the scars that marked her side and the joint of her wing were still fresh.

"The natives of the island? No, they will not harm you. They are good people, and I've held peace with them for nearly two centuries." She ruffled her wings in a shrug and glanced away. "I cannot speak for mainlanders. In my experience, it's sort of a roll of the dice if they want to hurt us or not."

Datasmith

Ravasch smiled at her reaction to the word, 'maybe I can teach her a thing or two of the perils of trust.' He thought. "I assume you have had a similar experience? Humans are not to be trusted. Soon enough those you think you know will betray you." He said and motioned to the bolt sticking out of his chest "It was how I was gifted this oh so long ago."
Ravasch scanned the area, "This place is not the best to have a conversation of humans. Do you know of a place we can talk without risk of the trees overhearing?"

DragonSong

The dragoness frowned- well, as much as she could frown- but decided not to argue with him for the time being.

"Yes, I know a place," she said with a small, almost musical sigh. Her eyes flickered over him. "It...may actually be easier if you simply stayed in that shape. How large is your natural form?"

Datasmith

Ravasch thought for a moment, reminiscing on his past size. "Not much larger than you, I'm sure I would fit wherever this place may be... allow me to show you."
Ravasch moved a good ways away from the clearing, not wanting to be seen by the village. He took a deep breath, and a near blinding flash. What took the place of the sickly man was a stone-grey dragon; 15ft at the shoulders he was an imposing figure, but by no means large as other ancients. "As you can see, my size is... deceiving of my age." He said, voice now a deep rockslide rumble. "As well, my curse still plagues me." He motions with his snout to the protruding bolt, larger now, clearly scaling in size with his forms.
Ravasch stretches out his wings, large and tattered at the edges, to loosen the pained muscles. "Tell me, what do you have in mind?"

DragonSong

The dragoness backpedaled a bit to give him room. She had to admit she was a little surprised- from they way he'd been speaking, she'd assumed he'd be much larger. Still, she didn't doubt his age. He spoke with the same quiet authority she'd heard from elders.

Still, she nodded her head to him politely and ruffled her wings a bit, colors shifting along her form. "I can take you home. It's more comfortable, and I have some medicinal supplies, should you need them."

Datasmith

Ravasch tilted his head slightly, she must think my... affliction... is recent. So be it. he thought, grinning inwardly. Ravasch opened his wings, preparing for flight.
"Lead the way, I will do my best to follow." Ravasch knew he wasn't made for jungles, or even forests. He would get lost easy. When Ravasch gets lost, he gets frustrated, and when he gets frustrated, he takes it out on his surroundings.

Tags: