Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I aint looking for trouble, I'm just looking for... {pm to join}

Started by almighyxcavus, July 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Julianna stood, leaning against her staff with a slightly weakened ankle. Pitch had flown off at the fright the figure had given him. Julianna walked toward Excanos, finding him with a light tap of her staff. "I knew you'd die out here," she whispered.

She knelt beside him and put one hand on his chest with a finger under his nose. He was breathing. "You scared my bird!" She yelled at his unconscious form.

Reaching for her staff, she gasped slightly and yanked her hand back with a sharp and searing pain. When he had fallen, Excanos had dropped the enchanted blade. Julianna felt along the flat side of the sword until reaching the handle. She wrapped her hand around it and felt a sudden heat fill her with some kind of power.

"I could easily kill you right now, you daft fool," she whispered, touching his bloody arm. She stood, leaving the sword next to his body and grabbing her own staff. Julianna raised her arm and whistled. Pitch chirped but didn't move. "Pitch, come on!" She whistled again, but he didn't move. "I never thought birds could be so headstrong!"

She knelt back down next to Excanos and traced the mark, her fingers following the carvings of runes on his body. Julianna kissed her moonstone amulet and removed it, placing it on his forehead. "Per deos, qui in corde eorum." She covered his eyes and mouth with her hands, as his body shook. "Stop moving," she commanded.

His shaking stopped and he woke with a large breath through his nose. "Relax!" She said, slowly moving her hands off of him. "You're fine. Just don't get up."

almighyxcavus

Excanons looked to the side, he couldn't afford to move his body at all.
"You ask me why I hide such a pure form? That form is the furthest thing from purity. it's a wretched beast that I summoned out of my own vengeance. The runes are child's play for the demon, he could easily come out whenever he pleases. The runes control him once hes outside of me. Each rune stands for a minute of time that he can use to do as he pleases. i hide this form because it has been nothing but a reminder of destruction and agony in my life. Did he tell you the old `I feast on the hopes of searching for the people who plotted his family's murder` spiel? he says that every time I reveal him to someone, it's a load of shite. The bastards are in Connlaoth, I've known that for years, I've just been waiting for the right moment to strike.
But you see what this demon does? Look this entire meadow, once beautiful and luscious filled with flowers of all colors shapes and sizes, are now all gone in flames, nothing but ash left, just like my home."
The blood on the runes had finally dried completely, the blade was now back to it's non magical form, but still held some heat from the flames.
"I'll be good in about 5 minutes or so, try to calm Pitch down and get him to relax, i don't want t o see another friend run away because of me."
After a brief chant, Excanos was lifted upright in a bubble of black water, it flowed serenely, the complete opposite of what had just happened not even 10 minutes ago.
"Excratos Terranos"
The ground of the meadow starting shifting, but smoothly, almost as if it were being massaged. The ashes from the meadow were consumed and compiled back into the black earth in the hopes of seeing a meadow again.   

Celegwen

"You must remember that I am incapable of seeing what the demon form of you did," she said, pointing to her eyes.

Julianna stood and dusted her clothing off. She held onto her staff, running her fingers along the runes. Glancing in his general direction, a grin crossed her lips.

"You're a damned fool," she said, chuckling lightly. "Never once has purity referred to beauty. Purity is the simplicity and basis on which one is created. I am not pure, you are not pure, even Pitch is not pure. That demon is pure. It has no purpose other than to cause chaos to whatever may lie in its path. That is purity. It may even be considered a wretched form of beauty."

She whistled, and Pitch flew down to them, landing on her armguard with a shake of his feathers. "Besides," she started, twirling her staff three times before planting it firmly on the ground, "there just might be a way you can be of some real use to me after all."

almighyxcavus

Excanos released himself from the water bubble, donned his mother's robes, and sheathed his father's blade.
"I'd at least figure you could smell the ashes of this meadow, doesn't matter now anyways in about a week or so black flowers will cover this again, so long as the weather doesn't change dramatically. And I would assume when you say `of use to me` that doesn't mean your going to dissect me or anything of that matter, as well as I would hope you would have no intentions of malice.
Here me when I say this, I don't want to hurt another living soul. The only abomination that has the honor of being cut down with this blade is Galith himself, and he resides in the 8th level of Hell, as its prominent guardian of the gate to the ninth. He sits on a throne made of melted corpses with stakes driving through their skulls. He is the only being worthy of being completely eradicated by my father's blade. Unfortunately I am not powerful enough to face him let alone open a portal to Hell itself. But I still have business here so this is where I need to be for now, but that's not important at the moment, what is important is where you need to get to. So lead the way."
Excanos heaved a sigh of relief, he was finally able to talk to someone about his endeavors without them fleeing in terror. It almost soothed him in a way.
I'll follow this girl to wherever she needs to go, but I'll be damned if that bastard in Connlaoth lives another damn year. Hope fully she'll be able to help me, and if not, I still must thank her for her hospitality.   

JackieCat

Well, that had been a very interesting development.

Faelis had been having a relatively normal day.

He had left La'marri a few days before and had been making his way through the forest when he had come upon this strange pair.  He had been tracking them for over a day by now.  He had no reason to be following them, except for the fact that they didn't seem to be normal travelers.

Faelis just wanted a bit of excitement.  If he had wanted to live a boring, peaceful life, he wouldn't have abandoned his life as a prince and run away.  He probably would have been married to some boring Lady by now and spending his days doing paperwork and looking after an estate.

No, that was not the life for Faelis.

Instead he was spying on two magic users.  He eavesdropped on their conversation the first night, hidden safely up in a tree, and the next day he tracked them through the woods and to the meadow, where the real excitement began.

Faelis knew that interfering would help no one, and it might even get him killed, so he decided to watch.  He heard the demon's booming words, and the words of the two young people as the demon left.

Faelis watched them as they spoke, and was itching to reveal himself.  He was not the kind of guy who would stand by and watch while others had all the fun.  Well, while they had his idea of fun.  But perhaps staying in hiding would be smart, he had no idea how these people would react to him.  They may even attack.

Faelis stepped out of the trees, pretending to not even notice the two people.  He made a very convincing show of looking around the destroyed meadow in shock until his golden eyes landed on the pair.

"What happened here?" he called across the field as he made his way towards them. "Did you do this?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Celegwen

"Faelis," Julianna said, not moving with a grin spreading across her lips. "I was expecting you right about now." She felt the shared confusion between Excanos and Faelis. "Faelis, a little surprise for you. I dream the future. You were in one of my dreams. Now, walk with me."

The trio walked along a beaten path, and Julianna began. "I feel I must be honest when I tell you my intentions are not completely benevolent," she said. "Excanos, you say malice as though it were a bad thing."

Pitch flew overhead, and Julianna smiled at the vivid images floating through her mind. She walked with pride, not caring that she tripped slightly every few steps. "I want you to understand one more thing, and Faelis, you get to find out another quirk of mine."

Julianna touched specific runes on her staff, and each one began glowing red when her finger left. "Aperiam in porta," she repeated with each touch. At the last one, she spun her staff rapidly and slammed it on the ground.

A fiery circle began growing in front of them. Julianna smiled, as the force of the opening portal tried to blow her back from it. It grew until the portal's destination was clear to them all. "Welcome to the 1st level of Hell." She touched the runes in the reverse order, repeating, "claude ostium." The portal closed, leaving no trace of its existence.

She stood straight, fixing her wind-whipped hair. "No business or craftsman wants to employ a blind girl." Julianna took a breath and frowned. "I survive through malice. I am a thief, a Seer, and a very powerful mage. I would never willingly cause true harm to another being, but I will do whatever is necessary for me to survive.

"Excanos, Faelis, hear me now and listen well," she said with a white glow emitting from her eyes, "I am not on this path to make friends. I am traveling to take back something that is rightfully mine. I will help you with ease complete whatever tasks you undertake in the future, but I am getting my property back first."

almighyxcavus

Excanos, awe struck and in tears, bear hugged Julianna into the sky.
"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"
He kissed her on the forehead and proceeded to cartwheel around the now black ground.
"You don't understand how important this is to me, if I can slay Galith I just may be able to undo my curse! I could finally start a family without the fear of scarring my children!"
Excanos knelt before Julianna.
"It is my honor, to follow you wherever your endeavors take you, I will protect you with everything I have. Thank you Julianna."
He turned to Faelis.
"Now I understand you've been watching us, so I don't need to catch you up on anything, old pal."
Excanos hugged Faelis as if he were a long lost brother.
"By my father, how long has it been old friend? I knew i recognized that face at in the bar."

JackieCat

Well, she was a seer.

Faelis laughed as he made his way towards the two. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised."

Then, before he could say much else, there was a portal opened in front of them.  The elf sighed.  "Ah, Hell.  Again."  But then the portal was closed, not a trace of it remaining.

He turned to Excanos, only to be engulfed in a hug.  The elf slipped out of the other man's grasp, his reflexes working before his brain.  When he realized it was not an attack, he relaxed and smiled at the young man.  "Not nearly as long as it seems," he said.  "We were in Essyrn, right?  I started that barfight, you unwillingly got involved. . ?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

almighyxcavus

Excanos looked off into the dsitance.
"Aye, quite the funny tale as well, you were quite hammered but still kept your composure. You saw me standing in the corner eyeing the pretty elf that was sitting next to the fire pit.  You then proceeded to introduce yourself and offered to help me out to talk to the woman. I cowered in response, but you gave me a reassuring laugh and patted me on the back, afterwards was a little foggy but it somehow wound up with the both of us knocking out every other drunkard in the room."
Excanos reminisced in the memory and gave himself a slight chuckle and a pat on the back to Faelis.
"Alright now that were acquainted, Julianna, kindly lead the way."
Excanos bowed to Julianna. 

Celegwen

"I have been hunting someone for nearly two years," Julianna said, walking down the path. "I have no idea who she is, nor have I ever met her. All I can go by is word of mouth and the extremely vivid memory of her voice."

Julianna shuddered at the memory, trying not to relive it. She turned around and showed Faelis and Excanos her moonstone amulet. "This was given to me by the man who raised me. It has magical properties that I won't go into, but its power was cut in half, quite literally I'm afraid."

She turned around once again and kept walking. "The woman broke into my home one night and split the stone, stealing one half. Since then, my magic has limitations and my dreams aren't as clear. That's also why I can't help you yet in your mission, Excanos. I may be able to open the portal to Hell, but once it closes, I won't be able to open it again for several days. We would be trapped in Hell until my power returns. Once I get the other half of the moonstone, I'll assist either one of you in whatever tasks lie ahead of you."

Pitch landed on Julianna's armguard at her command, and she continued. "Her voice was that of a piglet's squeal, but sharper. Anything you both can tell me will be greatly appreciated. I don't know her true name, but she is known by others as the Raven."

JackieCat

"The Raven," Faelis pondered. "I've definitely heard of her, but not much."

He glanced over at the other young man before turning his gaze back to Julianna. "Do you have any idea why she would want the stone?  You know it's magic and it's abilities.  You know it best, so, between the tree of us, you probably have the best idea of why 'The Raven' would want it.  Was it just for it's power?  Or do you have enemies."

(OOC:  Sorry for the super late reply, :P)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Celegwen

Julianna scoffed with an almost annoyed tone to her voice. "Of course I have enemies," she said. "I make my living primarily by stealing. But when the moonstone was stolen... I was a child. The magic can be the only reason for its theft."

She scuffed the dirt with the heel of her boot and touched the amulet softly. "The magic is different." Her voice was gentle, almost inaudible. "My adopted father created it with his own two hands. He took the most perfect moonstone he could and enchanted it with his own magic to strengthen mine. The magic is more powerful than anything I have ever come across. The Raven was known to steal objects of magic purely to prevent others from overpowering her. My amulet could easily be on that list."

It was obvious that she wasn't telling all there was about the amulet, but Julianna didn't care if they knew she was hiding. It was her right to have secrets. All they needed to know was that the full moonstone has more hidden power than most can comprehend.

almighyxcavus

Excanos stood there, puzzled, for the description 'voice of piglet's squeal but sharper' rang a faint bell in the back of his mind.
The voice of a piglet's squeal, that almost the exact description of the woman who raised me after my parents were murdered. It was only for a year, but I still remember that voice until this day. I'm not entirely sure if I want to tell Julianna though, just by saying that I was raised by the person who stole half of her precious stone might make her turn on me and ruin my chances of facing Galith at all, I've got to make this convincing both in word and in mind, otherwise I'm screwed. I mean she was the one that taught me to embrace the black magic.
Excanos cleared his mind of anything else and spoke:
"Actually, when you brought up the fact that her voice is that of a piglet's squeal, it reminded me of a woman who attempted to steal my father's blade a week after the incident with my parents. I was sound asleep one night in my home, and I felt a strange presence lurking about, I woke up when I felt that it was practically looming over my head. I saw nothing but I got up and went to check on my father's blade just in case. I saw this... black robe, attempting to take my father's blade, but every time she touched it, it would sear her hand. I grabbed the blade and threatened to kill her if it didn't leave. All it told me was `That magic is too much for your poor corrupted soul, hand it to me so that I can relieve you of your pain and suffering.'  I refused to hand it over, it lunged at me at a vicious speed, and the next thing I saw was its hand bleeding profusely on the ground. After letting out a shriek of pain, the figure dissipated into nothing, leaving behind only raven feathers."
Excanos's voice was steady and calm, almost as if this actually occurred.   

Celegwen

Julianna was silent. She knew that she had no way of proving whether or not Excanos' story was true, but something just didn't sit right with her. The fact that he willingly told them what happened should count in his favor, though. Still, something just told her that it wasn't the whole story.

Plus, the idea that he felt some presence but found nothing until going to another room didn't make sense to her. She was particularly strong while asleep because her initial magic came to her from her Seer's power, which was centered around sleep and dreams. When the Raven came to Julianna's home and stole half of the moonstone literally right off of her neck, Julianna felt nothing.

Deciding not to press it, Julianna simply -

"If she was burned multiple times, why would she then demand you give the blade to her?" Julianna asked quickly, ignoring her sense of trust. Pitch chirped, turning his head toward Excanos. Julianna frowned and chewed the inside of her lip.

almighyxcavus

Shoot I didn't think that far, I must've messed up wording. I got to say something quick otherwise she'll catch on.
"I had no idea why, I would assume she would've wanted me to somehow stop the burning, but at the time I had no clue the blade even felt hot, mainly cause I always held it in my right hand, which never burned me. I had no information on her intentions, all I remember was what she said and that she really wanted the blade. Keep in mind I was still a child and after what happened to my parents I could've only imagine what fear struck me even from seeing her."
That sounded convincing enough, I mean it does make sense.

JackieCat

OOC:  So sorry it took so long for me to respond guys, :P

Faelis wasn't surprised at Julianna's remark, something hadn't felt right about the story to him either.  However, he kept it to himself, but didn't ignore it, simply stored away the information for a later time. 

Excanos's explanation for Julianna's question seemed legitimate, but still. . .

"So, if you have seen this woman before," Faelis started, "and seem to have a more vivid memory of her that Julianna does, do you think you'd be able to recognize her if we did end up finding her?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

almighyxcavus

"Yes, I could definetely identify her hands down, without a doubt if we find her."
Excanos's voice was steady and stern. He was ready for anything

Celegwen

"In that case, you will be my eyes when we find her," Julianna said, turning toward Excanos' voice. "Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start. All I can tell you about her possible whereabouts is that she lives somewhere within this forest. To my disadvantage, I could quite literally walk a circle spanning three feet for days and believe I travelled for miles!"

She sighed and rubbed her thumb along the runes in her staff. "Do either of you have any idea where she could be?"

almighyxcavus

Excanos looked puzzled for a moment, but then without even thinking he blurted out:
"well, we could probably go check her house that she practically raised me after my parents were murdered probably find some clues ther-"
Excanos realizing what he had done, facepalmed himself and held it there long enough that his skin on his face started to burn.
WOW, I'M AN IDIOT. Whelp there goes my shot with Julianna.

Celegwen

Julianna smiled quietly. "I knew you were lying," she whispered. She wanted to see Excanos' face so badly, but she could feel the regret he was exuding.

The girl loved acting as though she could magically tell everything about a person, but that was only good when things weren't intense. Still, when something as high stress as this was being discussed, it was better for her to explain her methods.

"There were two things that gave you away," she said softly. "First, too many details. You have your sight, while I don't. All I can possibly remember from my encounter with the Raven is her voice, and I can't even recall what words she spoke. You have your sight, so there is more information your mind had taken in. It is more than highly unlikely you could remember what that woman said to you.

"And second, I am a Seer, if you recall." Her words had poison behind them. "My power is at its strongest when I sleep. You sensing a presence in the other room while you slept is absolutely impossible when I did not sense the Raven stealing half of my moonstone from off my neck."

Julianna took a few steps toward Excanos, her hand extended until she felt his arm. Slowly, she ran her hand up his arm, over his shoulder, and eventually to his face. Smiling softly, Julianna withdrew her hand and touched the runes carved into her staff.

"Excanos, I am forced to trust because of my blindness. For you, I began to open my mind and choose to trust you." She gripped her staff and spun in the air, hitting him in the face twice with both ends before handing again. Julianna was able to hear Excanos stumble slightly. It wasn't enough force to knock someone of his side down, but it was definitely enough to stun him for a second or two. She straightened herself, and Pitch chirped nosily, having flown into the air. She whistled, and the falcon landed on her shoulder.

Julianna took a long breath, her head turned toward Excanos. "Don't ever try to lie to me again. I can promise I will never help you if you lie to me one more time."

Tags: