Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aerials {PRIVATE} - [COMPLETE]

Started by Celegwen, August 09, 2017, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

"If you're going to stretch your wings, at least make you land carefully, the gash will affect you even in your dragon form. You could wind up making the wounds worse than they already are."
Zukiro gave Aithusa a reassuring smirk.
"Go have fun."
Aithusa shifted into his dragon form and flew all around the night sky, Xanuthos joined him his scales shimmering in the night, the two attempted some easy aerial tricks for Aithusa's sake, but watching the two fly together as gracefully as they were, was a sight that would be worth waiting for.
Zukiro turned to Celegwen.
"How are you feeling? Any discomfort in your head at all?" Zu looked at the cracked red stone on Celegwen's finger.
"Is that crystal supposed to be cracked? What happened to it?"

Celegwen

Celegwen smiled, watching Aithusa in the air. She always loved watching him from afar. Together in flight was like a single heart, but to watch him in his natural state was a treat very few got to experience.

She ran her fingers through her hair, a habit she unconsciously picked up from spending so much time with Aithusa. "I'm fine. No memory, but nothing physically painful." She shook her head. "Don't tell him, okay? I know he was lying to me about how he got hurt. If he doesn't want to tell me, he has every right not to, but it's weird. He tells me everything."

Looking at Zukiro's slight smile, Celegwen chuckled breathily. "Sorry. I think out loud. The ring was my father's. And no, it isn't supposed to be broken. He made it himself. It's a dragonsblood crystal, meant to grant protection to whoever wears it. An old tale, but he believed it and, as a child, I believed him. It broke one night when he and my brother got into a fist fight. It cracked on my brother's armor. When my father passed away, he gave me the ring."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro gave a reassuring smirk.
"No worries, I'm the same way sometimes. If anything I'd say he was telling the truth, I don't remember much either at least until we found you in the caver-,"
Zukiro caught himself, thankfully Celegwen was paying attention to Aithusa's beautiful flight.
"Have you ever thought about attempting to get it repaired by any chance? Or is the cracks for memory's sake?"
Zukiro laid back in his chair staring at the dragons dance, patiently waiting for an answer.

Celegwen

"Scars give character," she said, flashing a grin.

Aithusa's flight was much slower than usual, and he was clearly relying more on his left wing. His acrobatics weren't as daring or smooth, and he was having slight difficulty gliding on the air currents. Xanu seemed to be staying relatively close to Aithusa as an unspoken in case of emergency.

Celegwen shook her head. "If I get it fixed, I lose my brother and my father. My father is long gone from the world, and my brother is gods know where." She took off the ring and handed it to Zukiro. "An old, well-worn ring is bound to have some blemishes."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro examined the ring closely, what Celegwen said had merit to it. He handed the ring back to her.
"Very well said I respect that, but we best get some rest, I think we're all tired after that feast and Aithusa needs some time to heal."
Zukiro stood up, placed all of the remaining ingredients and spices back into the wagon and cleared all the ground tables with a small chant. Zukiro then made a little hut made out of Earth just for the two of them, and a perch so Xanuthos could stand watch.
"I want the both of you to get some rest tonight, I'm very aware of the warrior watch bit and that you might lie to my face when you say 'we will' but Xanuthos will proudly watch over for the both of you, surprisingly he respects you two a lot. Which is a complete first for him. Try to get them down sooner or later please. I'll be in the third tree off to the side if you need me."
Zukiro made his way to the tree and climbed to the highest branch he could making himself comfy just above the leaves staring at the waning moon.

Celegwen

Celegwen whistled with her fingers at the corners of her mouth. Aithusa's bright white body with Xanu's star reflections made the two of them almost look like a shooting star. A very large one, but not the point. The white dragon quickly dove, wings tucked against his body. Nearing the ground, he spread his wings with a slight grimace.

Blowing two sharp whistles, Celegwen grabbed her whip off her belt and cracked it on the ground to her left and to her right. Aithusa shot two fireballs into the air with a toothy grin. He slowed himself and carefully lowered to the ground in front of Celegwen, then shifted to his human form.

"Zu went to bed," she said. "I didn't want to lie and agree, so I just let him go."

Aithusa chuckled, glancing back as Xanu landed closely. "I'm guessing Xanu's supposed to be watching instead of us?" She nodded with a smirk, and Aithusa shook his head. "I promise I'll wake you this time. I'll take first watch. I want to work through the pain."

"Fine, but be smart about your injuries! Last thing we need is you worsening them."

"Promise," he said. Celegwen walked into the little hut Zukiro had created, and Aithusa looked at Xanuthos. Xanu, I need you to cover for me.

almighyxcavus

Yes. Brother.
Xanuthos perched himself on the spot Zukiro had made for him, looking as awake as he had ever been. Aithusa and Celegwen made their way into the the Earth tent. Off over in the tree, Zukiro began to sing, it was the song that Amelia use to play, for some reason he remembered that of all things.
"Two lovers, sit atop two trees
one on sunrise one on sunset
the two never felt more free
but they still have not met

Two lovers set sail across the sea
they ride atop the wave
so that one day he may bend his knee
and sail back together brave

Two lovers ride into the night
in the air where they are most free
and back into the fight
to be the last thing they ever see

One lover never took the chance
and now her fate lies in another's hand
his heart pierced with a lance
her heart taken by another man

She had always wanted him
but he had never known
and he is now forever grim
and they grow to bone

Two lovers never knew the truth
two lovers never understood
and now they lay to rest
never knowing the others true intent.
"

Celegwen

When Celegwen fell asleep, Aithusa crept out of the hut. He put his hand on the side of it and stood, hearing a few cracks coming from his back. Xanu and Aithusa made momentary eye contact, and Aithusa nodded. I appreciate it, Xanu, he said to the black dragon. He shifted to his dragon form much slower than usual. He was listening to Celegwen when she said not to make the injuries worse, but she would have killed him if she knew he was leaving.

He flew up, causing a significant gust of wind from his massive wings. I promise it'll be worth it.

Aithusa flew to the marketplace and landed quietly atop one of the buildings. He shifted into his human form and limped down a staircase to the streets. The market at night reminded him of an old battlefield. Empty but filled with evidence of havoc and hundreds of people. He looked at the signs and walked to a wooden door.

A young woman answered the door and dropped her jaw. "Aithusa?" She said breathlessly. "Oh, my gods! I thought I'd never see you again!"

"Hi, Abygail," he whispered, hugging her. She wasn't slightly shocked by Aithusa's beaten appearance because she knew exactly what he was like. They walked inside, and she made them tea. "Been a while. Last I heard, you were getting engaged."

She held up her left hand to show her ring. "I have two babies now. Last I heard, you were partnered with an Elf rider."

Aithusa nodded. "Enough small talk, Abygail. You and I both know neither one of us likes it. I need your help."

She laughed, tucking her short, olive hair behind her ears. "Of course you do! Why else would you be here?" He took Zukiro's smashed necklace out of his pocket and placed it on the table. "That's almost obliterated! What happened to it?"

"Long story. Do you think you can fix it?"

Abygail looked it over and smirked. "Give me an hour."

She disappeared into her workshop for just over an hour. Abygail was a friend he hadn't seen in six years. They kept tabs on each other in case either one of them needed something, but neither interacted until then. She came back out and sat across from Aithusa, laying the necklace on the table.

He picked it up and smiled, examining every bit of it. "Why'd you leave the cracks? You used to make things good as new."

"It isn't new," she said simply. "Besides, you smashed that thing to pieces!"

Aithusa grinned. "Another thing... I think it held some kind of magic. I don't know exactly, but when it broke, it took its owner's memories." She pulled a small bag out of her pocket and sprinkled an invisible substance onto the necklace. "Thanks, Aby."

"Don't be a stranger!" She said, as Aithusa walked out. He gave her a sarcastic glance, and she laughed. Walking to a large and abandoned alley, he shifted to his dragon form and took to flight.

Xanu, he said, as he approached, I need to show you something. He landed and shifted to his human form. Grinning, he walked over to Xanuthos' perch and pulled the repaired necklace out of his pocket. What do you think?

almighyxcavus

I. Think. It. Good. What. You. Did. But. Next. Night. Tell. Gwen. Both. Sleep. Deal? I. Watch.
Xanuthos readjusted himself in his perch. Aithusa made his way back into the tent.
Zukiro kept singing from the moment he completely fell asleep. he just couldn't get the song out his head. But every time he sang, it was as if he had known this song forever.

Celegwen

No promises. Aithusa walked in and went to sleep for the night.

In the morning, Celegwen awoke to Aithusa fast asleep next to her. She rolled her eyes with a grin and walked out of the hut. The sun was just rising, and Xanuthos sat comfortably on his perch. She laid all of her weapons down and took her tunic off, walking down to the river. The cool water was refreshing enough that she decided to strip down and go for a quick swim.

Climbing back out, she rang out her hair and redressed herself, still obvious that she was soaking wet. Aithusa, Zukiro, and Xanu were all up and moving by the time she made it back to the area. "Morning," she said.

Aithusa smiled and gestured to the log he was sitting on. "Have a seat. Zu's making breakfast." Aithusa's voice was still groggy from sleep. "So, Zu, what were you singing last night? Sounded very sentimental."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro, while preparing breakfast like the culinary master that he was, turned to Aithusa.
"In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure, it was a song that I remembered what seems like a long time ago. the only actual correlation I can make as to who taught me would have to be my "mother" that raised me since she's the only woman I've ever known."
Zukiro finished preparing breakfast, he handed everyone a plate and sat down himself.
"Curiosity killed the wolf, may I ask why you pondered such a question?"

Celegwen

Aithusa chuckled and glanced at Xanu. "It didn't exactly seem like a mother/son song. More like one sung by a lover. Any idea where it would've come from?" Zukiro's blank expression was all the answer needed.

Aithusa reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace. "I got something for you." He placed the necklace on the table. Celegwen looked at it, then at Aithusa. The dragon smirked, gently pushing it closer to Zukiro. "Put it on."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro hesitantly put the necklace on. The crystal glowed a bright white, Zukiro's eyes began to glow and all the memories of Amelia came back to him. He began to tear up,
"Aithusa, as much as I value you as a friend, what you have just done might just be borderline the greatest feeling I've ever experienced. Thank you."
Zukiro got up and gave Aithusa a big ol' hug, making sure not to hurt him anymore than he already was.
"I remember everything, Amelia, my first true love. Thank you again, I must ask why would you do something like this? Even though I loved Amelia, I was practically never allowed to be with her. I must ask why?"

Celegwen

Aithusa smiled. "I have a fae friend who has a hobby of fixing broken things."

He shook his head and combed his hair back. "Besides, the way you talked about her the other night was more than just love lost. Would've been a loss to have you forget about it."

"What the hell did I miss?" Celegwen asked with a small chuckle.

"The night of the fire, Zu told me about the first woman to steal his heart. Apparently, Amelia looked like you." Aithusa looked at Zukiro with a grin. "Had to give it back to you. Memories are too valuable to lose."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro wiped the tear from his eye.
"Although, I may never find love again, at least you two have a shot. Aithusa what I sang last night was for you. I sang it because I wanted those words to resonate with you for the rest of your life."
Zukiro looked at Celegwen and then back at Aithusa.
"I think you know what to do, son."
Zukiro gave a big smile, and left Aithusa and Celegwen together at the table.

Celegwen

"What'd he mean?" Celegwen asked, looking at Aithusa.

He felt his heart start to race. Shouldn't have given him that damned necklace, he thought. He got to his feet and backed up a few steps, trying to figure his way out of the hole Zukiro just dug for him. "I don't know," he said, rubbing his shoulder uncomfortably. "He's a weird guy."

Celegwen stood up and faced him. "Don't pull that again. What'd he mean?" There was a moment of tense silence, and Aithusa grabbed hold of Zukiro's bow staff for support while Celegwen folded her arms. "What happened to you? And don't tell me an aerial trick gone wrong! We haven't had an incident this bad in almost seven years!"

Aithusa frowned and swallowed nervously, feeling his cheeks heat up. "It's a long story."

"I have time."

"I don't!" They stood apart from each other and didn't know what to do or say. "Gwen, some things are just better left unsaid. Trust me."

She huffed with a small grin. "I always trust you, but you always tell me everything."

"You really want to know?"

"Yes!"

"Really??"

"Yes!"

"Because I've been in love with you for seven years!"

Celegwen

Celegwen looked at Aithusa speechlessly. He swore his heartbeat could be heard from miles away. She swallowed and took a few steps closer to him. "What did you just say?" She asked, her voice no louder than a whisper.

"Don't make me say it again."

She couldn't find the words, instead just covering her mouth and looking at him. "I don't know what to say."

He shrugged. "Don't say anything. Really."

Celegwen stepped closer to him, their bodies almost touching. She looked up at him, his gaze darting between her mismatched eyes. She almost unnoticeably leaned up to him. There was a second of just silence and palpable tension. He felt frozen in his place, not wanting to mess anything up.

She put her hands in her pockets and slowly looked away. "We should go," she whispered. "I'm sure Zukiro's getting sick of us at this point."

She took a step back and turned away from him. Aithusa smoothly grabbed the inside of her arm and whirled her back. The initial contact was almost painful for him. The heat and physical pain on his injured body all contributed to the intensity of the kiss.

He pulled away from her, leaving her slightly stunned with a mixture of confusion and desire. Celegwen smiled nervously, running her tongue along her lower lip, and Aithusa huffed with a grin. "Seven years, Gwen," he said breathlessly. "Seven years just waiting for that."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro was resting alongside Xanuthos, his heart finally at ease knowing that he was finally able to feel like a father for once in his life, knowing he may possibly never bear children of his own, he looked at Aithusa with pride knowing that everything he had done was for him, Zukiro felt as if he watched his own grow up right in front of him.
Xanuthos wrapped his neck comfortably around his brother.
You. Make. Great. Father. I. Know. Amelia. Come. Back. I. Promise. May. Not. Be. Amelia. But. Feel. Will. Be. Same.
Thank you brother I appreciate your kind words, but I think I would be content seeing those two for now.
Zukiro looked down a tear rolled down from his left eye, he smiled and looked back to Aithusa.
Now, that wasn't too hard son was it? I couldn't be more proud.

Celegwen

Aithusa grinned at Zukiro and shook his head. Hardest thing I've ever had to do, he said, glancing briefly back at Celegwen. And yet, somehow it was also the easiest.

"It's about time," Celegwen said, unconsciously blushing. She followed Aithusa's gaze and smirked, seeing the wolf and dragon smiling at them. She stuck her hand out to them, clenched her fist, and pulled it quickly to her body. With that, two small streams of water came from the river and doused the two. "Spying is rude!"

Aithusa smiled and took her hand, limping over toward Zukiro, extending his hand to the wet wolf. "Zu, really...thank you. You changed my life."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro took Aithusa's hand and brought himself up trying to minimize any discomfort for Aithusa.
"Got to say I appreciate the shower, My fur was starting to develop a very unappealing stench."
Zukiro looked at Aithsua and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"If anything let me say thank you for letting me experience being a father, knowing that I may not ever bear any of my own, it means the world to me that you did this, its almost as if I watched you grow up right in front of me eyes. Alrighty, I think we should celebrate a bit. I say we head into the city for the best celebration you two will ever have! All on me. Bring any and all friends that you would like!"
Zukiro nodded to Xanuthos, Zu lifted Aithusa onto Xanuthos's back, and did the same with Celegwen. He made sure to put Aithusa in front.
"Now as a father I order you to stay on Xanuthos so you can heal."

Tags: