Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Changing Seasons {Private}

Started by Celegwen, November 05, 2017, 09:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

The trees began to show the slightest green buds, hinting at spring's arrival. Bateia sat on the newly green grass, legs tucked to her chest. She closed her eyes with a smile and took a deep breath, filling herself with the warmer air.

She felt her body begin to change. Her skin lightened, hair shortened, and clothing had new life breathed into it. She looked at the flowers on her wrists with a smile. This was the version of herself that she preferred, but she only had it for half of the year. She loved that time.

With a wave of her hand over the grass, a few flower buds bloomed. Bateia smiled, knowing that the cycle of life had once again begun.

She felt a sudden chill on her wrists, accompanied by the clinking sound of a lock. Looking up, she saw the hardened eyes of her captor staring at her. "Five minutes," she whispered, a small tear rolling down her cheek. "Please?"

He almost looked like he was contemplating her request, then yanked on the chains. Bateia was pulled forward by the antimagic shackles she bore, falling to the ground. She groaned slightly, forcing herself to her feet.

Her eyes held a look of hatred for the centaur. If looks could kill, there would have been a bloodbath. "I get to experience this only twice per year," she said. "Are you really so heartless that you'll not let me have five minutes to myself?"

Celegwen

Syvral pawed at the ground with his front left hoof. He stared at Bateia from beneath firm brows. He held the iron chain in one hand, holding the keys to the shackles in the other.

"You already got seven," he said gruffly. "That's more than I've given any of the others."

He watched Bateia struggle to stand, her shins and knees scraped from his yank. Syvral leaned down and took her arms, pulling her to her feet.

Glancing at the others secured in the chain, he snorted and scratched his beard. He noticed Bateia started limping, so he groaned and shook his head. Syvral lowered himself, bending his front legs to the ground. "I'm not dealing with a straggling slave. Get on and shut up."

Celegwen

"I'll walk," Bateia spat, eyes burning towards him. She continued forward, but was stopped by the chains having no more give. Looking back, Syvral was still in the same position with a stern look on his face.

There were four other slaves all attached to the same chain she was. All of them looked just as tired as she was. Why would he give me special treatment over the others? She asked herself.

With a roll of her eyes, Bateia walked back over to him. She folded her arms over her chest. "Why would I let you-" His large hands grabbed her and placed her on his back. Syvral stood up, and Bateia held onto his waist briefly for balance. "That was rude," she said.

She let go of him, immediately switching to a pout. Bateia felt the chains jerk forward, as he and the other slaves started walking again.

Celegwen

His footing was more careful with her on his back, as Syvral made sure not to hurt her any more than he already had. When he yanked on the chains before, his strength had been underestimated. He still has trouble gauging how strong he is compared to the people he controls. If he expects to earn a decent coin for any of them, they had to be in good condition.

"You were being stubborn," he said over his shoulder.

They had a little more distance to cover before reaching the underground slave auction. Slavery wasn't exactly a major thing in La'marri, but anyone who wanted a mage slave could defiiitely find one in the magical place. That's what Syvral did. He caught some mages to sell into slavery for a good price.

This newest batch had been with him for a little over a month. He had found Bateia alone in the forest: she was the first one he captured. The others came shortly after, one by one.

"We'll rest for the night in three hours. You can have your five minutes then."

Celegwen

She folded her arms over her chest and silently mocked his attitude. Bateia frowned, looking at the other slaves trudging along.

"You're walking too fast," she said. "They can't keep up."

He ignored her, so she scoffed. Made sense. Why would a slaver care what a slave had to say?

"You're gonna overwork them. If you keep going at this pace, they're going to get too tired to even stand for you when you're selling them. I'm just saying... If you slow down and let us rest more often, maybe give us some extra food and-"

Bateia was pulled to the ground. She yelped slightly, hitting the ground with a thud! She groaned, sitting up and glaring at the smirk on Syvral's face.

Tags: