Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For Whom The Bell Tolls (Tide!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, December 02, 2017, 06:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tide

That was not the reaction she expected. Bemused, she considered his enthusiasm for such a macabre subject. "Uh. No. As it turns out, it didn't quite work like that. But it's safe." She pinched two fingerbones together, the flame of one 'eye' waning. "Aren't you even a little bit scared? You realise I could reduce you to ash with a thought, right?" If she still had lips, she would've pouted.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Nah, my father used to make me watch him when he did his weird zombie experiments." Wallace said, smiling. "I don't get spooked by dead stuff anymore." The young necromancer stood back up, scratching the back of his head. "Plus, you said you wouldn't hurt me, like, five times."

Suddenly, Wallace went red in the face. He looked up at Valkyrie sheepishly, blinking rainwater out of his eyes. "Wait, did you want me to get scared? Like, as an ego thing?"  The boy looked away, embarrassed. "Um... Sorry. You're very intimidating, yes..."

Tide

The lich's palm slapped to her cranium. It made a 'clack' sound. "Once. I said that once." Insolent fool.

She breathed a spectral sigh. "Ugh, no. The ones with an inflated ego end up like your father." Right? There was no way she was like that. Sure, she had a high opinion of her power... a perfectly logical, justified opinion.

Levitating a scattering of brass buckles from the debris, she revolved them in a mass, lost in thought. "It's just, think of the principle of coming face to face with the end. The odds that I would change my mind are slim, true. Yet even the sliver of a chance of oblivion is too much risk for most sane people." She gathered the metal over her hand and watched it melt into liquid fire. "At least, that's how it usually goes. But you're a little messed up, aren't you?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Wallace stared at his feet, embarrassed. "Um, yeah... Sorry." He shifted his weight slightly. "That's just the kind of stuff I expect from powerful people I guess..."

The boy's face seemed to get even redder. "...Yeah. A little messed up." he said quietly. "That sounds about right..." He shook his head. "Yeah. Death doesn't scare me too badly. Somebody will kill me eventually, it's only a matter of time before I meet somebody I can't run from." Wallace's face displayed no emotion, as if discussing his own mortality was as insignificant a subject as what he had had for breakfast that morning. "I don't want to die, but it seems- *ATCHOO*"

Wallace sneezed suddenly. Sniffling, he looked up at the lich sheepishly. "Haha, this rain will kill me before any mage hunter does."

Tags: