Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Constant Search of the Right Kind of Attention

Started by DragonSong, December 13, 2017, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

The breath left her body in a long, shaky exhale and she closed her eyes for a moment. The touch of his hand on her knee had her snapping her gaze to his fingers, then trailing slowly up to his face.

"I want..." A small, almost nervous smile tugged at her lips. "Friend sounds good. I like being your friend." She always had, even if she didn't say it as often as she should.

With another little sigh she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling into the curve of his shoulder with a soft purr. Her ears had perked up a bit and the gentle swishing of her tail was calmer, more the gesture of a self-satisfied feline than the irate flicking from before.

Atiq was the most important person in her life- sometimes it felt like he was the only person in her life. It was nice to hear it said aloud that he cared for her enough to bring her into the life he'd built for himself. Kitty snuggled closer to him and licked his cheek, purring louder. Even in her humanoid form her tongue held a bit of the roughness it did as a cat.

DaGlobster

Atiq let out a breathless smile when she licked his cheek, happy that he'd managed to lift her spirits.

And he was just drunk enough to ask her something else, too.

"Do you... want to smoke some hookah with me? It might help with your boredom," he said with a slight smirk.

DragonSong

Her eyebrows crept up. He'd never offered that before. "Um, sure. Why not?" Smiling, she tilted her head at him. "In the baths?" That tended to be his preferred location to relax with a pipe, so she made the assumption that was what he'd meant.

DaGlobster

"Precisely," Atiq said, and he ran a hand down her back before he parted from her and started to walk there, motioning for her to follow.

He still had one of the pipes there from the last time.

"I think it'll do you some good. Sap away some of that excess energy you seem to have all the time, Gods know how you do it."

DragonSong

Kitty bounced off the table and followed after him, tail swaying behind her. She shrugged and chuckled. "Can't help it, it's just natural," she said with a bright grin and bumped his arm with her shoulder, any trace of earlier melancholy vanished.

Her collar clinked against her chest and she reached up absently to fix it, as she had a thousand times before. The gold plates settled against her skin, their weight familiar, almost a part of her. Pausing a moment to stretch in a shaft of sunlight, the werecat added, "I could probably go for another nap soon, though."

Ah, the joys of a feline's lifestyle. Raging energy one moment, soundly snoozing the next.

DaGlobster

Atiq chuckled at that. It wasn't too far of a walk from the parlor to the grove, as they were both on the first floor. Along the way they came across Bramble, who at first seemed curious, only to dart away in a natural bout of feline skittishness.

Atiq had always been able to amuse himself by comparing the two cats in his life to each other.

When they arrived in the grove, Atiq seemed to lose even more tension. At the moment, the arrangement was one wooden armchair covered in cushions and a small table with a hookah on top of it next to the grove's pools, which were two hot-tub sized basins.

Atiq didn't hesitate to plop down into the one seat, reaching over to bring the small table a bit closer. He looked to Kitty and patted his lap.

DragonSong

The panther hissed at Bramble- not unfriendly, just not in the mood to entertain another cat. The two had an...interesting relationship, just as likely to snarl at each other as to groom and purr and snuggle, at least when Kitty was in her fully cat form.

Once in the grove, she allowed the gentle steam and the smell of growing things to calm her, feeling her muscles uncurl slightly with tension she hadn't even realized she'd been carrying. Atiq's small invitation was all she needed, and it took only a moment for her to curl up onto his lap, head on his shoulder.

Feeling affectionate again, she butted the crown of her head up under his chin and wrapped her arms around his waist, purring loudly. "Pets," she demanded sleepily, eyes closed already.

DaGlobster

Atiq raised his head, allowing her head to take up the curve of his throat. One of his hands passed over her back, from the base of her neck to the base of her tail, while the other scratched at her ears.

"Always so needy," he said, giving her plenty of attention before he paused the head scratches so he could reach over to the hookah and take the mouthpiece off of the apparatus. He took it to his mouth and breathed deep. He set the mouthpiece down on Kitty's lap and leaned his head back, letting some smoke billow out of his mouth before he sucked it in and blew it out of his nose.

"Oh, finally. Bless Akim's heart, but the man talks too much. Nearly gave me a migraine..."

DragonSong

She chuckled at that and tilted her head black to see his face. “You could do what I do and not listen,” she said with a cheeky little grin.

His one hand had come to rest at the base of her tail and she arched back into the touch unconsciously. It was definitely a favorite place for scratches, in both forms. Eying the hookah curiously, she lifted his hand that still held the pup so she could sniff at it.

Her nose crumbled up and she sneezed. “I still don’t really get this stuff,” she mumbled, eyes narrowed in intense examination.

DaGlobster

"What is there to get, Kitty?" Atiq said, relaxing into the chair more as the herbal mix in the hookah's chamber filtered through his body. He scratched at her tail's base for a bit longer before his fingers trailed back up to the base of her neck.

"Smoke goes in and out, good feelings stay."

He shot her a smirk.

DragonSong

Kitty's back arched pleasantly for the scratches and a soft purr started up in her chest. Still frowning curiously, she wrapped her fingers around his holding the pipe to guide it to her lips and breathed in.

Her eyes widened and she sputtered, coughed, then tried again. She sneezed and exhaled a puff of the smoke, then yowled in complaint and glared at the pipe as though it had personally offended her.

DaGlobster

Atiq had to stifle a laugh.

When she yowled at the mouthpiece, Atiq rubbed her back as if to soothe her.

"Not so fast, girl! You'll choke like that," he said between chuckles.

"Breath in nice and easy. Here, I'll help you."

He raised the mouthpiece as if offering it to her again.

DragonSong

The shifter glowered at him, though some of the ferocity was lost in the way she kept having to cough every few seconds. With a big show of her reluctance, she sniffed, "Fine," and took the mouthpiece between her lips again as he held it.

She glanced up at him sort of questioningly and breathed in again, much slower this time. Smoke filled her mouth and she pulled back, not entirely sure what else so was supposed to do- so she blew it out, with only a small sneeze this time.

DaGlobster

Atiq gave her a teasing look when she glared at him, but he didn't have time to comment, for she was already smoking. When she finished, he pulled the mouthpiece away and watched her let out the smoke.

"There we go, that was much better," he said, and passed a hand from the top of her head to the base of her neck.

"Now, just relax. You'll start to feel it pretty soon."

DragonSong

Her eyes fluttered closed and she tilted her head back slightly into his touch as he stroked her head, a purr rising in her throat. "Mmm..." She made a vague, noncommittal sort of noise and allowed herself to fold against his chest, nudging her head against his hand when he didn't immediately keep petting her.

DaGlobster

He kept petting her with the one hand as she folded upon his chest. He took one more puff from the mouthpiece before he set it down on the seat's armrest.

The tension he harbored before was nothing but a memory now. While his one hand kept going back and forth on her head, he set the other to the task of stroking her side.

"You were very patient today. Thank you for that," he said.

"I think... I think I'll let you come along to the hunt."

DragonSong

Kitty's head jerked up and she stared at him with wide, glittering eyes. Her pupils had blown wide, almost completely eclipsing the gold of her iris- though whether that was from surprise of the beginning effects of the hookah was hard to say.

"Really?" She beamed, sharp canines catching the light in a way bone really shouldn't. "Oh thank you, thank you!" She flung herself forward against his chest again, arms around his neck and purring loudly enough to seem to make the room rumble and she pressed several happy, celebratory kisses and licks to his temple and cheek. Her tail swayed in a lazy arc behind her, the tip curled in playfully.

DaGlobster

Atiq smiled fully as she flung herself onto him and he held her as she held him. He weathered her kisses and licks as he stroked her sides.

"Yes, really. But you need to promise me something, okay?"

He pulled away from her attentions to give her a serious look.

"You cannot wander. You need to stay by me and do what I tell you to, alright? It's going to be dangerous."

DragonSong

Practically squirming on his lap now, Kitty had to actually take a breath and force herself to focus on his words. His tone was serious, so she knew she actually had to listen, this wasn't one of those times she could just tune him out.

She nodded eagerly. "Alright. Promise." She'd promise anything if it meant she didn't have to be left here alone while he went off. She really tried to convey her sincerity, but she couldn't stop grinning as she fidgeted on his lap to try to get into a more comfortable position.

Eventually abandoning that task, she bounced to her feet and spun to face the bathing pool, glancing at him over her shoulder. "I'm gonna get in. You wanna?" She just needed to move around a bit.

Surprisingly, despite her many other distinctly feline qualities, Kitty actually quite liked water, even in her fully cat form. She prodded the pool with a toe, tail flicking.

DaGlobster

Atiq gave her words a few long moments to consider, before finally, he nodded.

"Sure, a short dip won't do any harm."

He stood up, and after a quick glance around, he slipped out of his clothes until he was in nothing but his underthings. Flexing his toes a little, he stepped past Kitty while she tested the water and stepped down into the gently steaming water.

He sighed and rested his head back, letting his eyes wander to the plants around the room.

Tags: