Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

what a snake wants

Started by multiplesnakes, February 27, 2018, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multiplesnakes

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

This isn't very helpful, but I like any kind of plot and/or relationship. I like drama as much as I like humor, and everything in between. As long as everyone's having fun, I'm happy.

I have a special fondness for found families, odd couples, Shenanigans, creepy families, political machinations, and anything involving the ocean. Creepy stuff in general is where it's at.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

I'm generally adverse to cheating plots, at least ones that don't treat cheating seriously. Not a big fan of any rape/sexual assault plots unless it's handled with tact (and I have to tread carefully with those plots, anyway.)

What are your favorite character types to play?

HMM I may have to get back to this. I have a wide range of character types I like to play. I guess I tend to write a lot of jerks? Just assholes.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

A combination of both! I usually like to get a feel for a plot before diving in, but I can also jump in blind. I like surprising people and being surprised, but every thread/plot is different.

How do you feel about group threads?

They're good. I like them to be fast-paced, though, with shorter posts.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

I reply pretty often! Once a week, at the very least. Unless something comes up, I'm a frequent poster, and I reply in order of when I received posts. If you haven't gotten a post from me and it's been a while, please poke me. Chances are I just missed it.

You don't have to worry about me not feeling a plot because if I'm not, I'll tell you straight up.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

I usually hit up someone if a thread has been waiting one or two months, but I generally don't abandon threads unless I just cannot find my muse. And then I'll let you know.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

Not a big fan, but hey, I'm always willing to try new things.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?

I like it! But I have a horrible attention span. I may just wander off and forget we were in the middle of volleying, woops.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Anything and everything. I tend to write long posts at first, and then they get shorter, but that's not always the case. I don't pay attention to word count or anything like that.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

I really like fast-paced action threads.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

I generally try not to favor posts, but when volleying that's unavoidable.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

I don't really care what you do to my character as long as you give me a chance to write their reaction. If you want to know if something is okay/want to move forward in a thread and block things, just hit me up and we can talk it out.

I like to choreograph fight threads a little! It's helpful to know what the end goal is so we can write a thread that makes sense for the outcome. If that's not possible, dice are fun! But if we jump in without planning, I expect at least a little communication.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

Romance tends to develop organically with me. But I can also pre-plot, and I don't actually have a preference. Arranged marriages, age gaps, and abusive relationships are fine as long as everything's discussed. The latter I don't even consider romantic, and abuse is something I treat pretty seriously both ICly and OOCly.

I usually go with whatever my partner's most comfortable with when it comes to sex scenes. I can write straight-up smut, or fade to black - I don't have a preference.

As a note - most of my characters are LGBT, with emphasis on the L. 

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

I am chill with moooost things. Anything gratuitous is boring for me, though. I mentioned not being great with plots that involve rape/sexual assault, and I'll rarely write them unless there's a significant reason to do so.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?

I'm generally fine with pregnancy plots, but it's something I'd like to discuss beforehand. Can be a bit of an iffy area, miscarriages especially.

What about healing?

I'm amenable to most anything as long as it's discussed a little. Just mention it beforehand so I can give the go-ahead. Not a fan of "magical healing of disability" plots, so!

What about characters being transformed against their will?

Again, a heads-up would be chill.

Anything else?

If you get bent out of shape over typos/grammar, I'm not the one for you. I am but a simple snake.

TLDR communication is great!

Tags: