Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

PixelatedGlory's Wants and Limits

Started by PixelatedGlory, March 22, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedGlory

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I am willing to try just about anything. Thinking of how to work in new and interesting ways is great.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
If there's no room for mild joking every so often, It may get too dry

What are your favorite character types to play?
Just about every character I make (here or elsewhere) is different enough that I have no real favorites

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I can do both without too much trouble, but surprises are more fun most of the time

How do you feel about group threads?
As long as no one feels left out I have no problem with them

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

For the most part I should reply at least daily. If its been a few, then a nudge would be appreciated.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
If I know that the reply is on the way but may take a bit? A month or so. If I don't have any heads up then probably a week or two.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I have no problem with it, but sometimes I need a little bit of time to think for the best quality.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
Its great fun. It suits a conversation a little better sometimes if there isn't a need to do too much description

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Depends on the situation. I try to match the length of others' posts without sacrificing quality.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I'm pretty much ok with it as long as you aren't causing lasting/permanent damage. Though with a heads up that may not be a big deal either

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I prefer things that happen organically, but I'm open to some pre-planning within reason. As long as the age difference or situation doesn't start to feel skeevy, I'll be fine. I usually don't pre-plan my characters' sexual orientation and figure it out based on their interactions with others.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Most of it is ok as long as there's a bit of a heads up beforehand, with the caveat that if anyone becomes uncomfortable it fades to black or gets cut

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
If it makes sense, then fine. But it would take a lot of convincing to go with the darker themes.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
As long as it fits the situation and general power level. Magic is magic, but players have the last say on how effective it is on their characters.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Only by permission of the player. Completely changing someone's character without their permission is not enjoyable

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
If I don't have a character that fits your story but you think I could fit well, just let me know what you are looking for. I don't mind creating someone or something tailored to an idea

Tags: