Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Master Plan, Meet the Canary Crew [M] [DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, April 06, 2018, 05:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Dinny mustered a small smile. "Don't worry about me," he said while removing the last remnants of rope off of her. "They caught me off guard last time, but they won't be so lucky this time around. Let me lure them away from you so you can find a spot to hide out, and we can meet up after I ditch them."

From under his collar, he removed a gemstone's necklace strung together and hung from a loose, leather material. "Take this," he said, placing it in on of her hands. "If you hold onto this, I will be able to find you. Promise."

The young bandit was as full of it as ever, but he wasn't going to miss a chance to impress a lady. That, and he was far more concerned about her own safety than his at that moment.

DragonSong

"No, hang on." She took the necklace but grabbed his wrist, not allowing him to pull away from her. "I'm not just gonna leave you here, you walnut!" she hissed, narrowing her eyes at him.

Lowen Thorn

Dinny couldn't help but smile as he looked right into her eyes. "Walnut? Really?" he asked playfully. "Maybe you're right. Maybe it would be better not to get separated just yet. So, what do you propose we do, m'lady?"

DragonSong

"I--" She frowned.

She really wished she had some sort of alternative plan.

With a sharp sigh, she rubbed at her wrists, trying to get the blood flowing again, and snapped quietly, "Alright, you can be a distraction. But just for the guards outside. You make some noise and I'll knock 'em out, then we skitter out, okay?"

Lowen Thorn

"Your wish is my command," he replied, beaming from ear to ear. "Just promise me if anything happens," he stopped, clearly trying to find the right words. "Hypothetically, if anything happens, you will still get away. If I get caught again, you don't need to do the same just for the sake of me."

DragonSong

"Oh, don't get all noble on me now," Rose said, rolling her eyes.

She hesitated as she got to her feet, pulling him up with her, and stared at him for a moment. Considering. Then she leaned in and kissed him, quick and a little harsh, before turning his shoulders and shoving him toward the door.

"For luck. Now get moving."

Lowen Thorn

It was a good thing Rose turned him away when she did so she didn't see the big silly grin on Din's face. Finally. It happened so fast he wasn't even sure if he kissed back, but hey, it happened. "Don't worry," he said over his shoulder, coming back down to reality, "I got this."

With a little stretch, he began humming the same "theme" song he did for himself earlier, this time not caring that she was in the same room. Peering over his shoulder at her, he flashed her a quick smile before rushing at the door, barging through it and toppling over onto the ground.

At the top of his lungs, he screamed. "WHAT'S A GUY GOT TO DO TO TAKE A PROPER SHIT IN PRIVATE AROUND HERE?! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO THAT ALL TIED UP WITH A WOMAN IN THE ROOM?! WHAT KIND OF KINKY SHIT ARE YOU PEOPLE INTO?!!"

DragonSong

Rose nearly banged her head against the wall.

He was supposed to distract the guards, not get the attention of the whole village!

Moving quickly, she ducked out behind the guard at the door to the little shack and raised her dagger, bringing the hilt down hard on the nape of his neck. He dropped like a stone and she just barely managed to catch him under the arms, lowering him carefully to the ground.

"Run!" she hissed at Dinny, already unfurling her wings from her back.

Lowen Thorn

Oh.

Right.

He was only suppose to distract the guards outside. Perhaps he went a little overboard, but he was still flushed with the excitement from the kiss and wanted to show out. Surely she would understand.

Leaping to his feet, he said "Yes ma'am!" and escaped with her through the trees.

DragonSong

Silly boy.

Rose rolled her eyes again, but she couldn't help smiling just a little as she followed him into the foliage. "Make for the beach," she said quickly, quietly. "If these people are anything like their Yoreiqi neighbors, they'll be able to hunt us from the tree tops."

Lowen Thorn

Dinny nodded as he ran. Or, at least he thought he did. He really couldn't be too sure at the pace they were going. Good thing he was light on his feet.

He looked over his shoulder to make sure the woman was still with him, narrowly, and unknowingly, missing a tree in his path. "I think we're almost there."

DragonSong

"Eyes front!" she snapped, ducking under a branch. Her wings her half flared, instinctively preparing to take off.

Lowen Thorn

His head was facing forward once again, and after a few more minutes of running they approached the clearing of the sandy beaches. Dinny could still see remnants of the ship floating about the ocean just outside of where they had previously "landed."

He slowed, first checking to see if Rose was still behind him and then a further investigation to see if anyone else was around, then back to Rose and her emerging wings.

"Looks like we lost them," he said, hoping. "You sure you can fly in your condition?"

DragonSong

Rose was already wincing in pain, even small movements of her wings straining at the injury.

Through gritted teeth, she muttered, “Maybe, but not all the way back to Ainu.”

Lowen Thorn

Dinny came to a full stop and spun around in front of her. "If you're in pain we don't need to do that," he said sharply. "We should look for a place to hide now until you've regained your strength, unless you want to swim most of the way back."

DragonSong

She opened her mouth to argue— then closed it with a sigh. "Fair enough."

She glanced around. "Where do you suggest we hide? The forest is their territory, and the beach is pretty open..."

Lowen Thorn

Fuck.

She was right, there was no where to hide on the beach, and surely they were running out of time. If they went back into the forest, it would only be a matter of time before the natives caught onto them again, if they weren't watching or on their way already.

Nervously, he scanned his eyes all around them.

Think, Dinny, Think.

His eyes finally rested on the nearby cliffs that their ship had previously collided with. Maybe they should hide out among those rocks, he thought. Peering deeper, he noticed something that shot his eyes open, and gave him a little bit of hope.

Some sort of hole in the cliffs?

...A Cave?

"Follow me," he said, his feet quickly developing into a run.

DragonSong

Wonderful.

More running.

Biting back a curse, Rose hurried after him. She tried to fold her wings in closer to her back, then winced as she pulled at the joint.

Gods, she hoped she didn't have to bind it. That was awkward and uncomfortable under the best circumstances.

Lowen Thorn

As they neared the little cavern entrance, he moved to the side to usher her in, taking one last peak around the outside beach before following.

It was small, but it was enough. With the sun still up, there were peaks of daylights shining through and giving them enough light to see one another.

Once he was sure they were alone, he turned on his heel and stepped cautiously over to Rose. "I'm glad you didn't try to fly back there" he said quietly. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

DragonSong

"I'm fine," she bit out through gritted teeth. "It's just a sprain, don't worry about. I've had worse."