Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Hate Asking Questions...

Started by Anonymous, April 07, 2006, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

<center>It's very intimidating looking down a giant gray speckled war horse as he snort's in your face, isn't it? And it's even more intimidating when he turn's one large brown eye to look at you, putting you face to face with a very tall girl riding on his back, naked sword held ready in her lap and dark hazel green eye's glinting down at you. Or maybe it's the foot tall purple dragon that ride's on her shoulder, black wing's fanned as it show's white fangs in a silent threat. The boy stay's still, blue eye's bulging, scared out of his wits. Inside, Robin's heart melt's in pitty, but on the outside she keeps a stern facade. "He doesn't like thiefs, nor pick-pockets. Where I come from, your right hand is removed if your caught stealing. I could do that now, ya know..." She meet's his eye's carefully, idiling picking up the broad-sword and drawing her thumb lightly over it. A thin line of blood appears. "It wouldn't be that hard, ya know. Now, get, before I do." The boy sprint's off, but not before scoping up the coin she 'accidently' dropped.

Least anybody see her act of kindness, Robin, as was her dubbance, scowled at the next couple of people to dash infront of Damoani, her warhorse. At her height right now, he was kinda hard to miss. Him being well over 17 hands, and herself being 7' even, and only 16, they were very conpicious. She was thin, with a pretty face, but any male that looked at her got turned off if they were smart. Her eye's held a no-nonsense glare, and her mouth and chin were entirly stubborn. But that wore off, and she began to just ignore the people, until the crowd got to thick and she had to dismount, leading Moi, as she called him. On the earth, she was wiry, wearing blue breeches, soft tan leather boots, and a dark green tunic. Her sword was well made, and had her own print at the base of the hilt, a dragon curled around a horse, rearing infront of a hammer, arrow, and sword crossed to form a star. She had made it, and it was in fine condition, if a little over used. Quiver and bow lay slung over the horse's rump, with a small saddle bag full of nessesity's.

Robin turned to the tavern, clearly visable because of the noise. If she needed to know anything, it was here. Tying Moi loosely at the front post, she grabbed her dagger and money bag. Dagger was beautifully made, and mainly for show, and she would need the money. Other dagger's were scattered over her body where she could grab them, flat one's that hid easily. Pulling up the hood of her black cloak, and letting Sandrin settle back on her shoulder, she pushed open the door and stepped inside. A hush spread, shock at seeing one so tall, and with a dragon non-the-less enter. Ignoring the hushed whisper's, she walked over to the bar-tender and quietly asked for a light ale. Males, sexist's, sneered openly at her, but soon everything started to get louder again as she was talked about and rumur's spread. Sitting on her stool and slightly sipping her ale, Robin looked around carefully, slide money on the bar for the ale, and waited for something to happen.
</center>

Anonymous

“Where is she now?â€? he asked, eyeing his son wearily.  Seated upon a tree-stump, he brushed his forearm across his sweaty brow.  Held within his hand was a small axe-like tool.  His son, Robert, was supposed to be helping with the daily chores, but as usual, he’d been off pick-pocketing unsuspecting victims.

“I don't know Pa.  She threatened to cut off my hand, so I ran away as fast as I could.  She looked like she could do it too, lest she have her horse trample me first,â€? the young boy said.  So far from being the man his father was, Robert possessed a tiny frame, void of any signs of muscles.  His father, on the other hand, stood a sturdy six-feet tall; arms thicker than a log.  

“Well, we’ll go find her then.  You’ll recognize her horse, won’t you?â€?  Rising, and placing the axe on the stump he previously occupied, Grisham set off with his boy to the location last known of this woman and her horse.

They spent little time tracking down the horse, which was parked just outside the tavern so well-known to Grisham.  

“There it is Pa,â€? the boy said, pointing to the beastly creature so much taller than he.  

Grisham examined the horse, than nodded.  â€œPerhaps she went inside,â€? he said, parting the door from its wooden frame and nudging the boy to enter first.  Upon entering, so many greeting came from those within.  Nodding to a few familiar faces, Grisham stood just inside the door, folding his arms across his mid-section.  A countenance so demanding of attention, Grisham’s features were finely chiseled perfection.  A thick neck.  A square jaw.  A well-sculpted nose.  Smoldering amber eyes.  His attire spoke of a commoner, but his stance was one of a well-trained guard.

Robert’s eyes adjusted to the dim lighting within the tavern for a moment before he began to survey the patrons.  He knew many; had seen many visit his home.  The women, of course, eyed his father as if he were a god, which Robert assumed was simple admiration.  In his tender years, he didn’t have the capacity to understand the concept of lust.  â€œThere she is Pa,â€? he said in a hushed voice as he nodded his head towards the woman in the green tunic.

Nodding, Grisham placed a hand upon his son’s back and pushed him towards the woman.  Standing perhaps two feet from her, he studied her a moment, before regarding the dragon at her whim.

“Miss?â€? Robert said in a shy voice.  â€œI can’t take this.â€?  Upon tippy-toes, Robert’s hand reached up and set the coin upon the bar top.  Settling back down upon flat feet, the boy regarded his father over his shoulder, as if for a sign to continue.  Grisham nodded and lowered his chin.  The boy shifted his eyes back to the woman.  â€œI’m sorry I tried to take it from you before,â€? he offered, his blue eyes pitifully asking forgiveness from her.

Anonymous

<center>Munch, munch, munch. Moi liked oats, and the young boy who had given him some was now one of his favorite people. Great gray head lowered to wuff gently on a tattered tunic, large brown eyes rolling up at the grubby face. “Comes on now, don'ts be greedy, `orse.“ He chided gently, stroking him between the eyes. “Gots lots of others who'd likesto be fed, and less well cared fors at that. But `ere.� He dug through threadbare pockets and pulled out a carrot that had been stolen at the market. “`Ere's a carrot for yas. Now, I have to scat for a soldier comes to get me fors loitering.� Hurriedly he grabbed the carrot, blew on the boy, and ate it enjoyably, watching him slip away.

Suddenly something made him stop chewing. A light tread, a footstep, one he had just heard. Nostrils flared, and he inhaled. The scent he had tasted earlier was coming back, and this time with another person too. It had happened before, with different people who had met his mistress. He gave a toss of his head and finished eating his carrot, and then looked over his shoulder to see. Yep, here came the boy that had snuck up behind him to take whatever boys take.

He pointed at him and spoke. 'There it is Pa.' That's your opinion if I'm an it, whatever, she's inside, he thought in annoyance. He emitted a sigh; twitched several times to stop the fly's from biting, and braced himself. Pity. He wanted to sty and get fat, for at least a little while. Stupid kid.

While this scene had been going on, Robin had been inside, planning. It was a nice town, quiet, and she had really only showed 'weakness' to a little boy, and besides, she had only 'dropped' a coin. Needing and wanting work was her main goal right now, and if she could find a place to open a forge and start smithing again, that would be the better, but any work would do... She needed to feel the heat, see the sparks fly, smell the tangy metal, but she remined herself whith a snort, if wishes were fishes the sea'd be full.

Sandrin at this point had been happy on her shoulder, but she was getting hungry. Letting out a shriek to tell Robin, she made the tavern grow silent again. Muffling a sigh, she reached up a long slim fingered hand and taped him on the muzzle in a clear warning to shut up. She fell silent, muttereing in Robin's ear dragon speech that showed she was clearly not happy. Rapping her knuckles on the bar, a timid barmaid hurrid over, casting apprhensive glances at Sandrin. "A few stripes of raw meat please." The maid gave a hasted curtsy and hurrid off, bringing back a few stripes of the pig that was to be roasted tonight. "Thank you." She slid a coin to her, and a smaller one for a tip, then nodded to Sandrin. The dragon, trained to wait, hopped down and assumned a mantle position over the meat, begining to eat.

The door opened again, and she cast a glance over, only seeing the man at first. While most people would have just glanced back into the ale she was still lightly holding, she kept looking at him, trying to see his objective. He bent down slightly, and what she saw then made her heart sink. The boy... She had threatened to chop off his hand, and he had run to daddy. Cursing the street rat inside her head, she hastily looked around for an exit, but the only one she found was the one he was guarding. Stupid, stupid, stupid! She chided herself, fexing a hand and feeling a dagger hilt make a solid thunk into her palm. That made her feel better.

She eyed the pair, watching them. He had to be the theif's father, though they looked almost nothing alike. He was about a foot shorter then she, strong, but he looked slightly daft. (Hehe, no offense) She met his eye's as they strode towards her, and didn't even look at the boy that he pushed towards her until his eyes left her and onto Sandrin. Feeling the eye's, the little dragon looked up and hissed, blood dripping down leathel fangs. "Hush." She chded gently, then looked at the boy as he spoke.

'Miss? I can't take this. I'm sorry I tried to take it from you before.' She watched with impassive eye's, waiting for the aploigie before finally reaching over to pick up the coin. It was a bronze peice, worth a little, and full of her power. Keeping the hand with the dagger in her lap, she rubbed a careful finger over it, retriving the power that she had hooked on it. Oh, yeah. Did I forget to mention that she had magic with metal? Pretty powerful actually, but anyway. She gazed into his blue eyes for a moment, then nodded.

"Apology accepted, young man." She opened her palm back up, and offered the coin to him. "I appreciate that you had the, err, nerve to come and find me to give it back after I threatned to chop off your hand, but you don't seem to understand." She knew that with the boys guardian their, he probably made him give it back. "Had I wanted the coin, I would have found you, but I dropped it. It was careless of me to leave my money bag where I couldn't see it, and I payed. This isn't my coin anymore, alright?" She gave him a glare that dared him to refuse, then turned to the beefy man that had watched this. "May I buy you a drink, sir?" She asked, noting the way he stood. "I'm honored that I... Deserved enough thought to have your son find me and give it back, but it was a bronze peice." she would ask the uestion about a blacksmith if he took up her offer, she guessed.
</center>