Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2005, 12:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[Moved thread]

Nightcandle
Satanized for your protection
(2/2/04 4:32 pm)
Reply | Edit  Malign Paradigm Shift
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "He's bleeding," the noble woman shrieked and snapped her fan up over her mouth.

The slaver had half a mind to simply quip 'and?' but, knowing this slave it wouldn't be a bad idea turning to see what was going on behind her back.

He was indeed bleeding, a drop of red fluid appeared between his lips and ran down them, that's not to mention that one of the slash marks on his face was trickling...again.

Sighing the slaver opened the man's mouth and peered into it. His tongue was intact, the palate fine, it seemed that the blood seeped from his gums. Which, she didn't think showed any signs of injury when she acquired him. Laughing a little the slaver grabbed the slave's arm and dabbed it against his now bloody face, inwardly thanking the powers that be that he was so damned complient. She dropped the arm and it and its mate feel back to the floor of the cart he was sitting in, the chains around his wrists clinking.  

When the slaver turned around the noble woman was gone, heading off to some other vender whose stock didn't randomly leak their life fluids. The slaver sighed again and turned back to the slave, "Can't you hold it in while I'm trying to sell you, geez."

The slave didn't respond, his bright golden eye was as dull as it always was. The other eye was swollen shut, the skin around it a nice, unhealthy shade of purple, though his wild black hair was usually hid both eyes. Several grazing slash wounds marked his tanned face, along with the smear of blood from the one that started bleeding. The white shirt the slaver put on the slave to hide the various marks that peppered his body was stained red in wide spots on his chest, back and arms. Luckily, the man's black trousers did a fine job of hiding any bloodstains that flowered along his legs, even if they were a bit torn and frayed. The longest section of his hair coiled around his legs like a serpant. And his hands were bound together with a length of shining black chain that at the other end was looped around a hole in the cart. Which, the slaver reflected, he didn't really need since he didn't look like he was going to attempt anything more drastic than blinking for quite a while. Though, it never helped to be prepared, just in case.

The wounds that graced the slave hadn't been put there by her hand, whip rather, she got him like that. Apparently he'd been beaten into a state of shock. One she hoped he would get out of so he wouldn't look so dead. Then, provided he would just stop bleeding, she would have a chance at selling the bastard. That was another peculiar thing about him, it was a week since she got him, his wounds should have healed by now, there wasn't any logical reason why he should bleed like that.

She snorted, the man was the last of her stock, she would either have to sell him or leave him on someone's doorstep. The latter option was looking more and more tempting with every potential buyer he turned away. The slaver sighed yet again, she could give it one more shot.

"Slave!" she shouted. "Slave for sale! Dirt cheap!"  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/3/04 7:58 pm)
Reply  Re: Malign Paradigm Shift
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The small wolf pup boy Pyrok...no taller than 4"5 and wieghing less than 90 pounds, with floppy wolf ears hanging down in front of his eyes, his cold wet nose and his short wolf tail trailing along behind him as he walked on two feet in his human form. He looked mostly human except for these wolf traits.
Stops in front of the slave market staring up at the slave who was bleeding. He jumps up on the cart looks closer at him..twitching his ears as he looks at his eyes. "what happened to you?" he askes.

Nightcandle
(2/4/04 1:24 pm)
Reply | Edit  Re: Malign Paradigm Shift
The slaver looked over her shoulder when she heard the voice, keeping one eye on the wolf-like boy, just in case he decides to cause trouble...

The slave sits there for a moment, staring straight ahead as though he didn't hear the boy. Then, his eye suddenly glittering with liveliness, the sides of his lips pull back very slightly.

"That, I would like to know as well," he says in a whisper soft voice ragged with lack of moisture. "Did I fall? Fall into the wrong hands? Hand myself over to some malign force? It is quite the mystery."

He lifted his hands slightly to look at the chain binding them, perking the eyebrow over his open eye.

The slaver's eyes widened, she stopped her sale's pitch to turn completely around and stare at the both of them. "Shi-it," she oathes, taking a slow step forward and looking from man to boy, her eyes finally resting on the boy. "I've been trying to do that for a week, what'd you do?"

The slave extended his pinky and stroked one of the chain's links.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/4/04 1:32 pm)
Pyrok listens to the slave talk but is greatly confused..he opens his mouth to say so but the slaver comes over to them. He growls and ducks behind the slave. "I didnt do nothing. I dunno what you're talking about."

Nightcandle
(2/4/04 2:48 pm)
 The slaver looked crushed, maybe the slave was just coming out of shock. It happened sometimes when people were beaten badly. "Damn, actually got my hopes up for a minute," she mumbled before turning to continue her sales pitch, still keeping one wary eye on them.

The slave however, stopped fondling his chain and was now looking over his shoulder at the wolf-boy. "Are you alright?" The voice was the same, still dry but, instead of being whisper soft it was louder, more on the level of a natural speaking voice, and had a slightly demanding tone to it.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/6/04 10:26 pm)
 Growls as the slaver turns away again before looking over the slave's shoulder. "yep i'm ok what about you? do your wounds hurt alot. i think i would cry if i had so many. when the tip of my ear got bite off by a huge dragon i cried for a long time but i doesnt hurt so bad now.." perks his ears up slightly, the left tip looking chewed, then whispers quietly.."do you want me to help you out of your chains? i can help..really."
snarls at the slaver.

Nightcandle
(2/7/04 9:38 am)
 The slave looked at his hands again, his eye watering a bit. He sniffed and his bottom lip quivered slightly. "They hurt, and they're probably leave scars," he sniffed again. "I can't believe something like this could happen. It was probably that little bastard Ka..."

He sniffed again, and then snarled. "It was not!" he growled suddenly, then dropped his voice to a low whisper. "Hey kid, you weren't playing when you said you could do something with those chains were ya'?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/7/04 1:01 pm)
Reply  Keys
 listens to the slave talk...frowning as it looks like the man is about cry then flinching as the slave snarls. pyrok is afraid to answer for a moment b/c he doesnt want to upset the slave anymore. he wraps his tail around his small body and shows the slave the keys hanging from the tip. "i wasnt playing. i found these under the cart...she dropped them there."

Nightcandle
(2/8/04 4:04 pm)
Reply | Edit  Re: Keys
 A wide smile cracked on the slave's face, and his open eye seemed to glow. He lifted his hands until the chain became taunt, exposing the padlock holding the chain wrapped around a hole in the cart. "All right then boy," he whispered in a breathy hiss. "Get to work."

The slaver heard the clinking of the chains and ignored them. The slave hadn't moved much at all in a week, it made sense that he would try his bonds a little. She continued to hawk out the offered slave.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/8/04 6:40 pm)
Reply  Peaches
 takes the keys in his dirty hand and squirms between the chains to unlock the padlock with a soft click...grabs the lock and tosses it out of the cart as the chains fall loose...looks up at the slaver's back while whispering to the slave" there that should feel better but what if she finds out you're not chained anymore?.... puts the keys in the slave's hand.

Nightcandle
(2/9/04 6:04 pm)
Reply | Edit  Re: Peaches
 A wide smirk spread across the slave's dark lips. "Thanks kid, I doubt that b*tch'll be much of a problem. If she trys to do anything to me I'll just brain her with these keys."

Quite suddenly, his face became serious though, a slight scowl spreading across it. "No, I won't do that. Come on son, let's see if we can slip away."

Geez that slave was going on a move-a-thon now that he wasn't in a state of stupor. Whatever, she continued to offer her pitch, oblivious to their actions.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/10/04 6:11 pm)
Reply  let's go.
 "where are we going?" jumps off the cart bending his knees to crouch down and wait for the man to follow him.

Nightcandle
(2/11/04 2:58 pm)
Reply | Edit  Off we go!
 The slave jumped off the cart, the longest section of his hair fluttering down to his calves. He crouches down next to the boy and through the smell of blood that hangs over him is the faintest whiff of spice, cinnamon to be specific. He glanced this way and that way. Deciding that for obvious reasons, the most pressing being that it was the direction the slaver was facing, going out into the main street was a bad idea, he turned and scanned the rest of the market place. There were a lot of people, and more than likely a close alleyway they could duck into. He nodded to the boy and began to crawl along the border of the building the cart rests against, heading for the next building to hopefully find the alley.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/11/04 6:40 pm)
Reply  to the alley!
 watches the slave look around the town...sticks his nose in the air..sniffing hard...he spun in a couple of small circles on his hands and knees..shifting back into a small wolf pup..trots carefully behind the slave as the man crawls...the pup crouches low to the ground between the slave's legs and inches along as quietly as possible..stepping his clumsy paws on some of the slave's long hair.

Nightcandle
(2/13/04 1:28 pm)
Reply | Edit  Freedom!
 The man paused the first time he felt resistance on his hair, glancing around until he caught sight of the pup. At first he was a bit confused, but seeing the ragged tip of the left ear reassures him that its the same wolf-boy from before. He continued to crawl, eventually reaching the mouth of the alley. Increasing his pace a little bit, he skittered into it and leaned against one of its walls, careful not to crush the pup while doing so.

He lifted a hand and looked at it a moment, almost like someone would do when they were studying a book. "Free," he muttered. "Free in body, though I still have these shackles in my mind, even now the unknown has me bound firmly in its chains."

The slave looks at his hand for a few more moments, turning it over to look at the back as well as the palm. A wide smile suddenly streaked across his face and the hand clenched itself into a loose fist. "Nothin' like sweet freedom!" he exclaimed, then jumped to his feet suddenly, pumping his fist in the air. "Boo-yeah!" His grin faded and he plopped back down holding the arm he threw in the air. "Heh, that wasn't too smart. So kid, where ya from?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/13/04 7:42 pm)
Reply  freedom....
 Pyrok stands in front of the slave as he sits down in the alley...talking to himself mostly. the small wolf was as confused as he was when they were talking back on the cart. he shook his head and started to sit but was startled as the slave jumped to his feet. Pyrok flinches and darts away from the slave until he sits again. staying low to the ground the pup crawls back to him. "i dont remember where im from." he says in a human whisper despite his current form as a pup. "ive been traveling for awhile tho. its scary being alone."

Nightcandle
(2/14/04 12:52 pm)
Reply | Edit  Re: freedom....
 The slave perked an eyebrow when the pup spoke. That was a new one, then again he had been in a hybrid form when they first met. He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall. "Sometimes I wish I could be alone for a little while. Being alone is horrible, but being with someone all the freakin' time is even worse," he laughed nervously and held up a hand in a defensive manner. "Don't think I meant you though, so far you seem like an allright..wolf-human-kid. It's just, geeez I don't even know how to explain it."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/4/04 6:09 pm)
Reply  Re: freedom....
 :lays beside his new friend and lays his head in the man's lap.:
"i dont think its so bad to be with others. its safer to be with people. i dont like being alone"

Nightcandle
(3/5/04 7:39 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: freedom....
 The slave sighed, a long drawn out sound. And reached a hand to pat the pup's head. "Yeah, being with people is safe. Being alone also gets pretty boring at times y'know. You don't have anyone to talk to, and then you talk to yourself and sometimes you answer yourself back and that's pretty weird."

He perked an eyebrow, one end of his lips perking up. "Is that so," he drawled.

The man's eyes shot open suddenly and he blinked a few times in shock. "See! Like that, wasn't that just wierd?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/6/04 10:17 pm)
Reply  Re: freedom....
 lifts his head and smiles. "yea, just a little weird."

Nightcandle
(3/7/04 6:50 am)
Reply | Edit
  Re: freedom....
 The slave smiled right back, the front of his teeth still had a pinkish color from earlier when he was bleeding. "Wow," he exclaimed. "You didn't run away. Most people run away from me if they hear me talking to myself. It's really mean don't you think. But, since you aren't scared that must mean that you're really nice! Or that you're brave, and both things are really really good for a person to have. I don't think I even know your name! Geez I should have asked that instead of rambling on. What's your name?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/8/04 2:50 pm)
Reply  yum
 "my name is pyrok and i'm not really brave i run away from everything that scares me. but you dont scare me so dont worry." stops talking a moment and stares quietly into space. "hey, you dont think i'm scary b/c i can change do you?"

Nightcandle
(3/8/04 3:03 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: yum
 The slave shook his head vigorously. "Nope, I've never seen anyone just change the way they looked before but, you don't scare me. Big, nasty things like dragons and soldiers scare me. I don't like them at all, not only are they mean and scary but, they don't smell very good either." He paused a moment and giggled. "I'm so silly! I asked for your name and I didn't even give you mine! My name is-"

He paused again, staring blankly for a moment. "Kaa, my name is Kaa. So Pyrok, what do you know of mage craft?"

The slave's eyes widened and his mouth screwed up into a tiny line. "See! I can't control my mouth sometimes, I mean its my voice from what I know but, it isn't me saying that stuff. And sometimes I can't even control my own body, it's a big bummer," his eyes widened a little and took on a shiny look almost as if he were about to cry.

But, he didn't. His eyes took on normal porportions again and he smiled warmly. "Don't mind those two. 'Lani can be grating on the nerves after a while, and you can't trust anything Kaa says."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/8/04 3:09 pm)
Reply  hmmm
 Pyrok circles around the man now, sniffing him for answers. He liked talking with one of him but now it seemed their were three people in side one body. Pyrok couldnt understand.
"um i dont think i practice any mage craft, kaa."(OOC: maybe he might, I dont what mage crafts really are)
circles around him again. "what about you lani?" sniffs suspiciously.

Nightcandle
(3/10/04 5:04 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: hmmm
 ((OOC: Mage crafts is magic, just with a silly name, heh me an my penchant for strange nouns x_x))

The slave watched Pyrok circle around him, following his progress with his open eye. "You may address me as Minette. And, I'm afraid 'Lani can't hear you now, she's got to compete with all of us for the senses and doesn't usually get so lucky. I'd switch control to her now, but I wouldn't want Kaa or the Prophet to take control from her. I can ask her so she can answer later if you so desire."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/11/04 8:41 pm)
Reply  Re: hmmm
 "i guess being able to change forms is sort of mage right? but i knew how to do that since birth. how do you fit so many people in side your head?"
presses his small cold wet nose to the slave's forehead.

Nightcandle
(3/12/04 2:54 pm)
Reply | Edit
 The slave, currently called Minette, bobbed his head. "Sounds reasonable."

He then sat in silence for a moment, looking like he was concentrating, and tipped his head to the side slightly. "That's something I'd like to know. I don't remember anything but being in this body. Though I have a feeling its mine, but I also feel that it somehow isn't, if you get what I'm saying. Kaa and the Prophet act like they've been in other forms before coming here. It's a little weird."  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/12/04 3:07 pm)
 "well maybe we can get some of them out somehow so it is less crowded inside there?"  

Nightcandle
(3/13/04 7:34 am)
Reply | Edit
 Minette flinched, as though a sudden pain suddenly struck him in the head. He put hand to his forhead and clenched his teeth together. A few moments passed, and when he put his hand down a big smile graced his lips.

"You clever boy! Finally someone with brains enough to see clearly!" As always the man's voice sounds the same, but the tone has changed slightly, resembling the tone he used when Kaa was active. "Do you know any way I can do so?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/13/04 10:56 am)
 watches Minette grimace with pain. "are you all right? i'm sorry i didn't mean to hurt you."

smiles as Minette smiles, feeling better about the situation. "i don't know how to get them out myself but maybe we can find some one who can. there has to be a healer or something around here rite? let's find one..."

runs to the end of the alley, keeping pup form. stops in the street to look back to see if Kaa is following.

Nightcandle
(3/14/04 8:03 pm)
Reply | Edit
 Kaa leapt to his feet, and winced a little, but continued to grin widely. He liked Pyrok more and more with every word that came out of his mouth. "Indeed, there might be a healer that can free me from this abysmal prison," he said as he began to walk after the pup.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/14/04 8:19 pm)
 walks down the street in front of the man but the small pup keep looking over his shoulder to make sure the slave was feeling ok. he looked pretty bad despite the large smile on his face. Pyrok ran a few yards ahead to sniff the air for any danger, circled the block and pawed up behind Minette.
"there is a vendor up further that looks like she might be able to help? what do you think?"

Nightcandle
(3/17/04 1:29 pm)
Reply | Edit
 Kaa kept a close eye on Pyrok as he walked down the street, walking slowly so he wouldn't aggrevate any of the body's wounds. His eye widened when the pup ran ahead and he started to yell for him to slow down when Pyrok dashed around the block and came up from behind him. Relieved that Pyrok hadn't abandoned him, he looked where the supposed vendor was and squinted a little to get a better look. It was worth a chance.

"I dunno, let's go find out."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/18/04 6:57 pm)
Reply  vendor
 takes Kaa's wrist gently in his mouth and pulls him up to the cart of a young woman. she sits on an old rug in front of the cart with her legs crossed holding her ankles. her eyes are closed as she hums some mistic chant. pyrok pulls Kaa in front of the girl before yipping loudly for her attention. wags his tail as she looks up at them. he sits beside Kaa's legs.

Nightcandle
(3/19/04 1:13 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: vendor
 Kaa walked along without protest when Pyrok led him up to the vendor. Hearing the woman chant makes the grin across his lips widen further. He leaned forward and planted both hands on his hips. "Tell me girl," he started, staring her in the eyes. "How good a magic user are you?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/21/04 8:57 pm)
Reply  vendor
 suddenly a large blue cloud swirls over head sucking Kaa into the sky. he swirls around in a mist of blues reds pinks oranges and greens, seeing seven headed animals and pretty winged angels he has never see before until suddenly he is dropped back from the sky and lands in front of the girl. she grins as she looks at him eye to eye as her cloud dissappears.
"i need a little work i suppose."

Nightcandle
(3/22/04 2:30 pm)
Reply | Edit
 Kaa shook his head rapidly once he was dropped from the sky, rubbed said head a little bit and shifted so he wasn't in such a graceless position. He grit his teeth a little and managed to recover a bit of the grin that was on his face previously. "A little indeed," Kaa rubbed his eyebrow. "Have you ever taken gotten a person out of another's mind?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/22/04 3:45 pm)
Reply  Re: vendor
 "of course i have but it is a very draining experience for both that person and myself. also, it could be very dangerous if that person is not strong enough to stand that sort of chant. the "wrong person" could be removed from the body and be left wondering in that space of angels forever. why do you ask?"

Nightcandle
(3/23/04 12:11 pm)
Reply | Edit
 "I share this shell with five others. I want to get out of here more than anything," Kaa's face was all seriousness, at this point he wouldn't even mind being lost in a space of angels, as long as he was there all by himself.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/23/04 2:22 pm)
Reply  here we go...
 "well since you have your mind or minds so made up why dont we get started. have a seat infront of me with your legs crossed, shoulder's back, completely relaxed. will your little "pet" behave himself while we talk awhile?" the girl points at pyrok

Nightcandle
(3/24/04 1:33 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: here we go...
 Kaa was so happy he could cry, he'd wanted out of this damndable prison for what seemed like ages. He fought the urge to grin from ear to ear and did as directed, sitting cross legged with his shoulders back. He took a deep breath, but before he could release it an eyebrow began to twitch and his face twisted in a grimace. Kaa clenched his teeth together and crossed his eyes, looking like he was about to get sick to his stomach but didn't want to.

Eventually his expression neutralized and he took another deep breath to calm himself. He glanced in Pyrok's direction and the vestiges of a grin danced around his lips. "He'll be fine, he's good."    

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/24/04 7:08 pm)
Reply  here we go
 pyrok makes a face as he is referred to as pet. he sits beside kaa.
the girl takes kaa's hand in her own, carefully watching his face. "since you are sure you want to try this" she asks and smears a chalk-like substance on the ground around where the three are sitting. she sets fire to the chalk. as the flames burn the rest of the world fades outside of the flames leaving them in pitch black darkness. the girl and pyrok seem to dissappear also but her voice can still be heard. all of the personalities inside kaa's head appear in front of him as if ready for battle even kaa himself. the girl's voice, more like a whisper in his ear now, says "the strongest will win battle and the rest will be forever banished from this world. this is your last chance to turn back now b/c once the battle begins there is no changing the outcome. it is fate."  

Nightcandle
(3/25/04 3:43 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: here we go
 Kaa's eyes widened and he looked down, to finally see his own hands, clad in black gauntlets.

The body with the long black hair and golden eye slumped to a sitting position. His threadbare clothing had been replaced with armor as well. Though the light was gone in his eye, and he stared ahead blankly, much as he did when Pyrok originally found him.

Kaa was garbed in black armor and his physical form looked as though it was of elven blood. His skin was ashen, the short hair on his head pure white, his eyes black as midnight, and ears pointed. He grinned and nodded, raising a sword. "I'm ready, I've been waiting for this for years." Now to scope out the competition.

The figure obscured in the black, hooded robe had to be the Prophet. That would be the one he'd have to look out for. In their mind the Prophet had the most power under the Core. It'd be best to concentrate on defeating him first.

The next threat would most definitly be Minette. She stood defiantly, brown eyes sparking with rage. Her armor flowed over her body like liqiud steel and a naginata rested against one of her shoulders.

And then there was Ivashka and little 'Lani. Ivashka didn't wear any armor, but strapped onto his belt and between every one of his fingers was a gleaming knife. And despite his lack of armor he looked confident. 'Lani, cowering behind a bow that looked too big for her, was every bit Ivashka's opposite. Armored, but scared and nervous.

And then there was the Core, pretty much a nonparticipant unless he decided to come out of his stupor. Kaa's smirk widened, the Core would be the last to go, simply because he wasn't a threat.

Kaa lifted his sword, but waited to see if the girl would have anything more to say before the battle started.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/25/04 7:11 pm)
Reply  let it begin..
 the girl's hand slips from kaa's as she dissappears from the circle forever. now it is kaa's battle and his only. she doesn't say a word to begin but instead waits for him to start on his own b/c he must finish on his own.  

Nightcandle
(3/26/04 8:13 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: let it begin..
 ((Before I begin this post, I'd like to commend you for your excellent idea for freeing the personas. It's dramatic, and very original to boot :D ))

When the girl faded away, Kaa immediatly sprang into action, leaping toward the black robed figure of the Prophet who was chanting under his breath.

Minette used the staff edge of her naginata to shepard 'Lani towards the Core.

Ivashka acted swiftly as well, throwing a knife at the unmoving Core. It found purchase in his neck, and gurgling softly the Core flopped forward like a sandbag.

Minette's eyes widened and she snarled softly. "Watch him," she ordered before racing toward Ivashka.

Kaa reached the Prophet and slashed at him three times in session before jumping back. The Prophet merely stepped back three times and three times the blade nicked at the weave of his robe.

Undettered Kaa sprang forward, jabbing his sword at the Prophet's midsection. The robed man held out his palm to take the brunt of the attack and blood dripped from where the sword entered his hand. Kaa smiled - and the Prophet pulled his wounded hand downward, bending the steel sword as though it were a twig. Kaa stopped smiling.

Seeing Minette rushing toward him, Ivashka began drawing back and threw a few daggers in her direction. Again utilizing the staff end of the naginata, Minette batted at the daggers. Catching a few in the shaft and knocking some aside. As she drew closer Ivashka drew a dagger in each hand, ducked and slashed low to hamstring her. When Ivashka ducked, Minette leaped. The dagger blades tearing into the leather securing her greaves. She slammed the butt of the naginata into Ivashka's chest, pinning him down.

'Lani cowered, watching the Core. Occasionally his lips would flutter as he took a pained breath but otherwise he didn't move, or at least she didn't see him move. Blood was pooling on the ground from the dagger lodged in his neck. The girl whimpered, drawing her bow close, she didn't know what to do. But, she wasn't helping much doing this. Trembling, she stood and held her bow before her, taking an arrow and loading it into the bow.

Kaa grinned again as he elbowed the Prophet and the robed man faltered, stumbling to the ground. He arced his sword up to lop the other ego's head off. When he felt a sharp, pained sensation on the back of his right hip. He lost momentum and whirled around. The feathered end of an arrow protruded from his back and a quick glance upward revealed the culprit. Who looked as though she was just realizing her mistake.

"You'll decieve no more," Minette announced as she drove the spear end of the naginata into Ivashka's chest and ground it back and forth until he moved no longer. Ivashka didn't die gracefully, he hurled one of the daggers he was weilding up and into her right side. It slipped between the plates of her armor and dark red, almost black blood ran down its hilt. Pulling her weapon from Ivashka's body she turned to see Kaa turn and start racing for 'Lani and the Core. Spinning the naginata so that the spear end was up she began running as well, timing her charge so that she would intersect with Kaa.

Out of the corner of his eye, Kaa saw Minette rushing him. He ran a little slower, keeping Minette in his peripheral sight and shifting his grip on his now curved sword.

Minette clutched the naginata tighter and put on a bit more speed.

'Lani loaded her bow again, and held it shakingly up to aim.

Kaa pretended to look ahead, as though he couldn't see the woman that was fast approaching him. He twisted his arm oh-so-slightly.

Minette leapt, using the force of her charge to propel herself upward. She swung the naginata like a scythe-

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/27/04 10:51 pm)
Reply  spectator
 ((OOC: thanks ihoped you would like it:P ))

pyrok looks up at the girl as she stands silently and leaves the circle. her form seemed to walk thru the fire without being burned! she motions for him to follow but he stays beside kaa, watching him sit quietly. he seemed peaceful except for his face which seemed full of determination. suddenly the girl leans over and picks his small pup body up and brings him out of the circle. he lays over her shoulder, growling gently as she brushes his fur with her nails.
"put me down. i want to stay."
"you must not interfer. this is his fight and there is nothing you can do to help."
pyrok snorts. "i bet he's a good fighter right?"
she puts him down ontop of her cart.
"we'll see in awhile, won't we?"  

Nightcandle
(3/30/04 3:36 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: spectator
 ((And I do indeed:wink: ))

A grin stretched over Minette's lips

Kaa turned and swung his curved sword upward.

'Lani closed her eyes tight and shot the arrow in her bow. She quivered, drawing herself into a little ball next to the Core.

Then came the sound of metal crashing into metal. Followed by relative silence. 'Lani pulled her bow closer to herself and then-

Heard very faint, but raspy breathing, a little farther away from where the Core was. She opened her eyes a little, almost afraid to look beyond the familiar lines of her bow. Finally plucking up enough courage she peered up - and paled. Kaa wasn't moving, her arrow was sticking out of his head and he was lying on Minette. Who had her head thrown back, her eyes were glassy and a band of blood seeped from a corner of her mouth. It was she who was still breathing.

'Lani dropped her bow and scrambled over to Minette. Now that she was closer she could see Kaa's sword, dropped when he lost his grip on life, and the blade was red. There was a long scuff mark going up her armor, leading up to a line cut into her throat. A wound that was quickly staining her chest red. 'Lani knelt at Minette's side and placed her hands over the woman's neck, trying to dam up the blood. "Don't die Minette," she pleaded.

Minette made a gurking sound, the sides of her lips perked upward and her eyes slide shut.

'Lani lifted her hands and glanced down at them for a moment. She looked behind her, to the still form of the Core where it had been throughout the fight. Then back in front of her and to the side, where Ivashka lay. Down to Kaa and Minette, the enemies that shared a deathbed. And up to a wall of black.

!!!!

'Lani backed up a bit, tears coursing down the sides of her face. It was the Prophet. Another quiver ran through her form and she began backing up to where the Core was.

The Prophet stepped over Kaa and Minette, kneeling afterwards and reached a hand to grasp 'Lani's chin gently. She stopped, staring into the darkness under his hood.

"Poor child," he purred. "Adrift in a sea of confusion with only the silence of the dead to for company."

He lifted his other hand and brushed at the tear trails on the left side of her face. The sudden touch of his hand making 'Lani recoil, she scooted back another inch.

"The burden of lonliness doesn't suit you well."

Thinking quickly, 'Lani reached back and drew an arrow, thrusting it up and under the Prophet's hood. The tip came back with a red stain on it.

The Prophet chortled and moved both hands down quickly to pin her shoulders against the ground. 'Lani screamed and began to thrash as much as she could with her arms, kicking her feet as well. The Prophet ignored her and leaned in close to her face, so close that a drop of blood fell from his hood and splashed against her cheek.

"Flower well in death."

A sudden warmth on her forehead was the last thing 'Lani felt before the world seemed to melt away.

The Prophet slid his hands up to 'Lani's neck and jerked it to the side quickly, before the effects of the calming spell wore off. He stood and walked away from 'Lani's body, coming to a stop before the Core.

Both of the Core's eyes were closed, and his chest didn't even move anymore. The Prophet let down the hood on his robe, revealing a head of purple hair that dissapeared down the collar of his robe, a slightly pointed face and eyes the pale color of rose wine. He was smirking, and looking down at the body of the Core.

"It's been sweet, Ketzia," he sneered, before turning around and looking upward.

Now what? The girl told Kaa that the strongest would get to come back to reality while the others would be trapped in the space of angels. They couldn't be more literally trapped in a space of angels now, and he was the last one standing.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(3/31/04 8:23 pm)
Reply  the end
 the flames turned from their orange glow to a purplish black before dissappearing entirely. the smoke floated outwards instead of upwards before disspersing. only the chalky substance and kaa, or what used to be kaa were left on the ground in front of the cart. pyrok jumped down and ran to the man, placing his small paws on his chest and sticking his wet nose in his face. he licked the man's face a few times with a warm slimey tongue to see if he was awake.
"did we win?" with his small tail wagging, he asked as if he had been a part of the fighting he did not see.
"hello?"

Nightcandle
(4/3/04 4:45 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: the end
 The Prophet smiled when Pyrok began licking his, or rather Ketzia's face, and opened his eyes. "It depends on what the stipulations were for winning. I conquered my former head-mates, or rather, let them conquer each other. In a sense I triumphed through indifference."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/6/04 9:58 am)
Reply  huh?
 pyrok sat down in front of Ketzia and looked at him carefully. "what do you mean? i dont get it?"

Nightcandle
(4/7/04 12:25 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: huh?
 Ketzia's open eye glittered. "I didn't have to do half as much fighting as I thought I would have to."

The Prophet lifted Ketzia's hand and ran it through his bangs, trying to fluff them away from his eyes. That battle continued for a moment, and then his open eye widened. "Excuse my rudeness, I don't believe I even told you what you may call me. I have no 'normal' name, though you may refer to me as The Prophet."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/8/04 4:33 pm)
Reply  ketzia?
 "the prophet? but what happened to kaa?"

Nightcandle
(4/13/04 3:00 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: ketzia?
 The Prophet nodded, the corners of his lips perking back. "Kaa is no more," he chortled. "If the girl's words are true then he no longer exists."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/18/04 9:03 am)
Reply  my friend?
 "bb..but he was my friend. i want him back. what did you do to him?"

Nightcandle
(4/19/04 6:29 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: my friend?
 The corners of the Prophet's eye widened and he drew back as though Pyrok struck out at him. "What did I do to him? I did nothing to him, his end did not come by my hand. Though," he held a hand up to look at its nails. "Conventional manners do say that I 'owe you', since it was you that helped arrange this. And, as I am free from my prison I suppose that I could assist you in recovering your Kaa. What do you say?"  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/20/04 6:47 pm)
Reply  hmm?
 pyrok was sure the prophet was evil. he thought he was the reason kaa was missing. the small pup sat back on his haunches and glared up at the prophet. the hair on the back of his neck stood as he snarled under his breath.
"what do i have to do to get kaa back? it better not cause anyone else harm."

Nightcandle
(4/21/04 5:06 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: hmm?
 He's a clever one the Prophet thought, raising an eyebrow slightly at Pyrok's bristling hair. He smiled and swept a section of bangs out of his face. "Well I can only assume that the 'space of angels' was the afterlife. If that's so then you'll have to go there and see if you can't get him back."  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/21/04 9:10 pm)
Reply  afterlife
 pyrok snarled louder.
"you go to the space of angels first." he snaps at the prophet with his sharp small fangs.
"i'm not afraid of you."

Nightcandle
(4/23/04 6:04 pm)
Reply | Edit
  to the afterlife we go
 The Prophet stepped back a little once Pyrok began snapping. Then he sighed and rubbed the space between his eyes with a finger. "If that's what you wish, then very well."

The Prophet twirled his hands around a few times and a grey fog misted off them. The fog billowed around both himself and Pyrok in a bubble shape, it gradually grew thicker until the outlines of the buildings couldn't be seen through it. The fog stopped pouring as soon as he finished gesturing.

"There," The Prophet said lazily. "If that spell worked then we should be in the here-after."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/24/04 9:13 pm)
Reply  to the afterlife..
 pryok ran around in a circle a few times as the fog started to grow. he was confused and scared but wouldnt admit it. he peered thru the fog as the prophet spoke then looked around.
"if it worked then where are all the people? and where is kaa? this better not be a trick i mean it."

Nightcandle
(4/25/04 3:10 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: to the afterlife..
 Just outside the fog was a bleak grey landscape under a black sky that was occasionally lit by internal lightning. Every once in a while a wisp of white vapor would drift by. Though, one that came close to Pyrok's face had facial features and a few lines of clothing among its contours - souls.

The Prophet stepped out of the fog moments after Pyrok and glanced around boredly. "There are no people here, save for myself and you, only the shades of the dead live here. Why don't you try calling Kaa? If he's indeed here then he should hear you."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/26/04 1:28 am)
Reply  souls? eep!
 pyrok scurried behind the prophet's legs and peeked out as the souls came past. he didnt like this place. "w.w.why dont you call him. i bet you are louder than me right?" he said with his tail tucked between his legs as he crouched behind the prophet, hair on end at the site.  

Nightcandle
(4/26/04 3:18 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Kaa, oh Kaa. Wherefor art thou Kaa?
 The Prophet smirked and glanced down at Pyrok a moment before setting his eyes on the horizon. He closed his eyes and lowered his head a bit. "Garm, great guardian of the gates of hell, I call to thee. Leave your pit and appear here at my side."

The words seemed to ring through the air, scattering the souls that drifted past them and making the cloudy sky above charge with lightning. From behind them came a light sound of feet racing, the sound increasing to a whisper before it stopped.

"Stand there Living, unless you wish to join the souls," ordered a voice from behind them. After another quick shuffle of the feet, the owner of the voice stood before them. He was a wolf, with long black fur and eyes that glowed white. His right shoulder, half hidden by his hackles was a torn mess of scar tissue, and if one looked closely he favored this leg slightly as he moved. Despite the weakness he stood tall, with his tail, ears and head held high.

"This youth Pyrok wishes something of you Garm," The Prophet explained. What he said next was in a softer tone and directed at Pyrok: "Tell him what it is you want."

Garm snorted at the Prophet and glanced down at Pyrok.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/27/04 3:20 pm)
Reply  Kaa?
 pyrok scrunched closer against the prophet's legs as he heard the voice behind them. he turned to look but the wolf was in front of him. it excited him to see perhaps another one of his kind, he hadnt for so long. he wagged his tail slightly until he noticed the Garm's shoulder. here he padded closer until he was looking up at Garm's throat and the bottom of his nose.
"what happened to you?" he asked, for the moment forgetting the reason they were in this place and the prophet behind them.

Nightcandle
(4/30/04 6:33 am)
Reply | Edit
  Re: Kaa?
 Garm cast a quick glance at his shoulder and looked down at Pyrok. "That is from the sword of Tyr young one. He was aiming for my neck, but the quick feet of our kind saved me from a mortal wound." For a moment Garm's eyes glittered with pride and he seemed to smile. "Now what is you've come to ask me?" he inquired, leaning downwards slightly to sniff the pup.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/3/04 6:44 pm)
Reply  oh yea
 pyrok frowned after hearing the explaination of Garm's wound. he lifted his head higher as Garm sniffed him. "i want kaa back." he looked over his shoulder at the prophet before walking between Garm's four legs under the bigger wolf's stomach. "kaa was my friend."

Nightcandle
(5/6/04 1:29 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: oh yea
 Garm flicked his ears forward and flicked his tail a few times. He held his head a little higher and then twirled his ears sideways. After a moment he glanced downwards and said: "Little one, I can take you to see my Mistress, she can help you find your friend much better than I can."

He wagged his tail a bit, but then glared at the Prophet, pinning his ears back. "However, I suggest that you leave and not show your face here again until the day you die, however soon it might be," he growled, the fur on his neck rising menacingly.

The Prophet smirked and took at step backward. "If I leave, then how will Pyrok get back to the land of the living hmm?"

Garm took a step forward and barked twice at the Prophet, the sound seeming to boom from his mouth. "I'll take care of him!"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/7/04 7:18 pm)
Reply  eep
 pryok found himself smiling. he circled Garm's back legs, watching the bigger wolf's tail as the listened to him speak about the mistress. pyrok scamped back under and curled his small body around Garm's front legs. He glared at the prophet when Garm told him to leave. as Garm started barking pyrok joined in, but his yips didnt sound remotely dangerous or threatening, especially dwarfed by Garm's echoeing voice. the small pup cowered under him as he waited to the prophet to respond.

Nightcandle
(5/10/04 3:51 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Re: eep
 The Prophet drew back a little and smirked, looking down at Pyrok rather than Garm. "As you wish," he purred dissapearing in a cloud of fog similar to the one that brought them here.

Garm snarled once more at the retreating fog and looked down at Pyrok. "I don't trust that one, his smell is evil. I'll make sure that you don't leave here with him."

The wolf lifted his head and looked at the horizon, squinting slightly. "We should go now, the sooner you get to talk with my mistress the better. How quick are you?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/12/04 12:22 pm)
Reply  good
 they watched the fading mist. pyrok looked up at Garm as he crawled out from under neath the wolf.
"i really really fast." he grinned proudly.

Nightcandle
(5/12/04 1:40 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: good
 Garm mirrored Pyrok's grin and wagged his tail. "This way then." He turned and bounded forward a few strides, his mangled shoulder almost doing nothing to slow him down. Garm looked over his shoulder to see if the pup was following.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/12/04 6:38 pm)
Reply   wait!
 garm darted off and pyrok hurried after him. he tried to run so fast that his back legs almost over took his front. finally he caught up beside garm for a few strides but fell behind again. as garm looked over his shoulder pyrok jumped into the air and grabbed onto the back haunches of the bigger wolf. he climbed all the way up and held onto the back of garms neck, careful of his shoulder even tho it didnt seem to bother him.

Nightcandle
(5/15/04 3:11 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: wait!
 Garm slowed his pace somewhat when he felt Pyrok climb across his back. Once he felt that Pyrok was secure he leapt forward and sailed across the grey, barren land.

The landscape didn't change much as they ran, ocassionally rising or lowering slightly in little clumps of hills. After running for a few minutes however, they reached another dip in the land, but this time a great, menacing, black iron gate lay beyond it.

The structure almost seemed to reach the sky, and whispy souls sat, floated and stood motionless around it. Garm howled long and low when they reached the gate and the doors swung open, the souls fleeing in all directions. He ran through the gate and slowed to a halt, raising his ears and tail. Just behind the gate several grey lodges were clustered. More souls gathered outside their doors, though these souls looked confused and some unsure of where they were, they looked a little more solid than the ones out in the plain or at the gate, and most still showed the signs of what killed them.

Garm snarled at the gathered souls and walked into the northernmost lodge, the one that had no souls around its perimeter.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/17/04 5:37 pm)
Reply   eep
 pyrok hid his face in the fur behind garm's neck as the souls floated with in the hills of this world. he only peeked up to look at the dangerous-looking gate and the scattering souls. as they headed for the lodge he asked "where are we going? i'm scared."

Nightcandle
(5/19/04 10:25 am)
Reply | Edit
   Re: eep
 "It's alright," Garm said soothingly. "This is the abode of my mistress."

The black wolf slunk through the door and both wolves were wafted in the scent of chyrsanthmums. The lodge was full of shadows, and a great black throne stood at the far end. Garm got on his belly and crawled toward the throne, putting his ears back and whimpering slightly. As he got closer a cloaked figure could be seen on the throne. Most of its frame was covered in a dress of black veils and that almost blended into the throne. Waves of silver hair tumbled from the hood of the cloak to the ground. The hood was crooked, only the right side of the figure's face was visible. She, the face was obviously feminine, was pale with a silver eyebrow and thin lips that were disturbingly sanguine, a ring of silver eyelashes surrounded an eye that was all black, except for the bright red iris that was occaionally shot with yellow and orange. The cloaked woman was sitting up straight in the throne and her booted feet barely reached the ground. In her hands was a knife, which she turned around boredly. Her right hand was the same pale color as her face and had long, pointed black nails however; her left hand was almost skeletal and barely covered with atrophied grey flesh. The woman trained her eye on Garm and Pyrok as they neared her.

"What might I do for you Garm?" she asked in a ghostly, hollow voice that echoed around the lodge.

"This young one has a question for you Mistress Hel," Garm laid his head on the floor and wagged his tail side to side appeasingly.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/19/04 7:14 pm)
Reply   your mistress?
 pyrok slid off garms back as the larger wolf scotted closer to the throne. his ears were pinned to his head just as tight as his tail was tucked between his legs but he puffed out his chest to make himself looked bigger. he sat in front of the throne, looking up at the woman that scared him more than the floating souls. his small body trembled but he tried not to show his fear. he tilted his head and waited for her to speak because he wasnt sure if she knew he was in front of her or not.

Nightcandle
(5/21/04 2:27 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: your mistress?
 Hel tilted her head a little so that she was looking in Pyrok's direction. She slid the knife away in a fold of her dress and rested both hands calmly on the armrests of her throne. "Speak young one, you have my attention," she demanded.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/21/04 7:09 pm)
Reply   help
 he sniffed the air a moment before speaking.
"uhhm i want my friend back. he had all these people in his head and he wanted to be by himself so i said id help him. but instead a bad guy was in his body. the prophet said that my friend was here and i want you to bring him back because it is my fault that he is gone. i should have never said that i knew someone who could help him. he would still be with me if i didnt get into the middle of all the trouble...."
pyrok sniffed and whimpered like all small pups did. he laid down and put his paws over his muzzle and whimpered somemore.

Nightcandle
(5/24/04 2:26 pm)
Reply | Edit
   ah ha
 Hel shifted some in her chair and lifted her rotting hand to her chin in contemplation. She glanced down at Pyrok and the corner of her thin lips twisted upward. "Call him by name child, he shall hear and make haste to my abode. Then I will give you my judgement.

Garm, you shall guard the my doors, to make sure the right shade enters
."

Garm wagged his tail in compliance and backed up slowly, never turning his back on Hel until he got close to the door. He exited, and the sounds of his snarls could be heard, as well as a few warning barks at any souls that drifted too close.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/28/04 4:05 pm)
Reply   hmmm
 pyrok circled around on all fours, looking at the door where garm went. he sniffed the air then followed hel's order and yipped for kaa several times, wagging his tail quickly with hope.

Nightcandle
(5/30/04 10:45 am)
Reply | Edit
   Kaa
 Hel whispered something when Pyrok began to yip, an incantation that would echo the pup's call throughout her domain.

It didn't have to travel far. From within one of the lodges a shade wearing armor with pointed ears and dark eyes that showed up even through the milky whiteness of his current form, heard. The shade, Kaa, looking like he had during the battle albeit without any color save for his eyes walked out of the lodge and looked toward the one where the sound was coming from. The call was familiar, and it spurred his curiousity. Kaa left the porch of the lodge he was in and walked toward the sound, ignoring the rather large and fearsome wolf at the enterance because while it was growling at a few other shades it didn't seem to bother him. He drifted into Hel's lodge and looked around.

His eyes soon found Pyrok. "Pyrok?" he said in a half confused half elated manner. He was glad to see the pup again, but since this was the here-after wanted to make sure he wasn't being tricked.

Anonymous

BizRboy
SotE addict
(5/31/04 7:20 pm)
Reply   kaa!
 pyrok darted for the door as soon as he knew for sure he was looking at kaa, his tails wagging fast enough to make the back of his body shake side to side. he took at running leap in the air....  

Nightcandle
(6/1/04 10:09 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: kaa!
 and landed right about at Kaa's arm area. The amazing thing though, was that Pyrok didn't fall through Kaa's shade. Kaa was a bit startled at his sudden solidness, but he caught the pup before he could tumble to the ground.

Hel shifted a little in her throne, folding her right leg up so that the foot rested on the seat. Her smoldering eye on the two of them and her silvery eyebrow crossed a little in contemplation,

"How did you get here?" Kaa exclaimed, still looking at Pyrok in a very surprised and almost relieved manner.  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(6/7/04 5:02 pm)
Reply   kaa
 the small pup curled in a ball against kaa's chest and wagged his tail. he retold him the story of garm and the prophet, whining thru the parts that still scared him. his eyes moved across the room to where hel sat before he turned in kaa's arm and started licking the man's face.

Nightcandle
(6/9/04 7:40 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: kaa
 Kaa's lips turned up in a smile when Pyrok began telling his tale. The pup was a literal good luck charm for him, or the key that broke every annoying lock that held him. Seeing Pyrok here to save him again made Kaa's spirit soar, in the non-literal fashion of course, he was still very much anchored to the ground of Hel's lodge.

Hel was still sitting in her throne, still watching the duo as Pyrok recounted the events that brought him there. Occasionally the edges of her thin lips would pull back and a flicker would dart across her eye. "I see you are devoted to each other," she mused running a hand through her long hair. "Perhaps I shall let you go..."

Kaa's eyebrows almost leapt off his face. He looked down at Pyrok and grinned widely.  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(6/11/04 6:01 pm)
Reply   please
 pyrok jumped down from kaa's arms and bite kaa's pant leg, tugging him towards the door as hard as he could.

Nightcandle
(6/13/04 10:18 am)
Reply | Edit
   Re: please
 Kaa glanced down at Pyrok and raised an eyebrow. Maybe the pup had the right idea...

Hel's lips twisted up into a smile, though with the gleam in her inhuman eye and the nearness of her rotting hand it looked more disturbing than kind. "I have it" she mused, flicking her hand toward the duo. Wisps of grey smoke flew from her fingertips and surrounded them. They blocked out the dark lodge for what seemed like several minutes.

Then came a hazy light, and the blanket of smoke drifted away from them. Pyrok and Kaa were no longer in Hel's lodge, but instead standing in an alleyway - the same alleyway they ducked down to escape from the slaver.

Kaa blinked and glanced around a minute. Then his lips parted in a wide grin and he looked down at Pyrok with glittering eyes. "I think we did it," he exclaimed, kneeling down and rubbing the pup's ears.  

BizRboy
SotE addict
(6/13/04 6:45 pm)
Reply   yippy!
 "the alley?" pyrok almost fell over himself as he noticed to where they had been returned. he licked kaa's hand before sinking his teeth hard into it. "why did you leave me for so long!" sitting back on his haunches he glared up at kaa.

Nightcandle
(6/14/04 7:09 pm)
Reply | Edit
   ow ow ow ow!
 Ouch! Kaa's eyes widened when Pyrok bit his hand, but soon he grinned. It was so nice to be alive!! His grin soon became sheepish after Pyrok finished speaking. "Uhm, sorry I was-"

Kaa's eyes bugged out and he paled somewhat. He turned sideways and began coughing, bringing a hand up to his throat.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(6/21/04 5:29 pm)
Reply   are you ok??
 "oh no?! whats the matter? why are you sick again??"

Nightcandle
(6/24/04 11:39 am)
Reply | Edit
   ble-ech XP
 Kaa's coughing fit was rather violent, his shoulders bouncing like there was an earthquake with every cough. He clasped a hand over his mouth and glanced helplessly at Pyrok. After a moment or two the coughs became less fearsome and Kaa managed to sit up against the wall. "Sorry about that, I don't know what came over-"

He leaned forward again and clasped a hand over his mouth. This time his stomach quite visibly lurched, though by the looks of his hand, nothing came up. The sudden widening of his eyes told another story though. Kaa lowered his hand and raised an eyebrow, "The hell?" He held the hand down so Pyrok could see it.

Inside his palm was what looked like a smooth black clamshell with small points coming off the top half. It was tiny too, able to fit snugly in the center of Kaa's palm. And, was making a barely audible (at least to a humanoid like Kaa) thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-thump.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(6/28/04 7:50 pm)
Reply   what the?
 pyrok circled around kaa once as he watched his friend cough horribly. he sat again, pointing his cold wet nose down at his palm, his ears perked up, listening to the strange sound. cocking his head to the side he looked at kaa for an answer, or at least some sort of guidance as to what the thing might be.

Nightcandle
(6/29/04 11:44 am)
Reply | Edit
   I'll second that...
 Kaa looked as confused as Pyrok was. He looked at the pup and then at the strange black object in his hand. "That came out of...me?" he stated almost in disbelief, lifting his other hand to poke at the black object. Kaa let his finger hover over the thing for a second before he actually touched it, but he didn't waste much time pulling it back. One pale eyebrow rose and he looked at Pyrok. "Feels like metal," he explained. "What do you think?"

Poking had no effect on the soft thump sounds that echoed in a steady procession from the tiny object.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(8/7/04 12:15 am)
Reply   metal?
 "why would metal come out of you? do you think it is a sign or something from that place we just were?" pyrok pawed the object out of kaa's palm and swatted it around a bit on the ground. he was becoming agitated by the sound. his paw covered the object as he stepped on it gently, trying to quiet the object.

Nightcandle
(8/8/04 9:27 pm)
Reply | Edit
   hmmm...
 Kaa didn't object to Pyrok knocking the..thing off his hand. Something about the thing greatly unnerved him, and the fact that something unnerved him agitated him. He was a warrior, an unshakable man. He'd seen things far worse than a little black metal thing. Kaa brought a hand up to his chin and tilted his head to the side. "It might be," Kaa responded. "It's the only thing I can think of now."

Being knocked around didn't quiet the thumps any. But, when Pyrok stepped on it the sound was muffled somewhat.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(8/23/04 8:15 pm)
Reply   what is it?
 OCC: sry for the delay, i've been having ALOT of problems with my comp

IC:
"ugh." pryok flattened his ears against his skull, "we have to figure out what this thing is, it's driving me crazy. what do you think we should do about it?"
he swatted it between kaa's thighs before plopping with a grunt down on his belly. a puff of dust flew out from both sides of his small body as he landed, eyes flickering back and forth between kaa's face and the object.

Nightcandle
(8/26/04 8:17 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Crazy?
 ((That's alright ^_^))

Kaa watched Pyrok pin his ears and swat the little thing back at him. He picked it up dainitly and tilted it, looking at the thing as though words explaining what it was would appear across it's tiny surface. "Crazy?" he parroted, getting bored with the thing after a second and balling it up in his fist. The ticks were muffled slightly by this action. "How so?" he continued.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(8/27/04 8:21 am)
Reply   hmmmm?
 "i don't like not knowing what's going on but the whole time i've been with you i've had no idea what was happening and its been fun. maybe it is just that ticking that is bothering me. it sounds like it is counting down to something. what do you think?"
he layed down on his side, stretching his legs out in front of kaa. his tail swished up and down against the ground in time with the ticking of the object.

Nightcandle
(9/1/04 5:42 pm)
Reply | Edit
   eep?
 Kaa would have been struck to death by lightning if he said he hadn't enjoyed the time he spent since Pyrok found the Core in that alley. His friend did help him escape both the Core and death itself. How many people could brag that they escaped death. Kaa had never met such a person, so in his mind it was an unheard of feat.

He grinned, almost about to agree with Pyrok when the pup mentioned ticking, and counting down. Counting down wasn't a good thing at all... He snapped the arm in which the thing was held back and flung the little thing as far as he could, grinning proudly afterwards. "Whatever it is, it can't bother me if it isn't around me eh?"

BizRboy
SotE addict
(9/9/04 3:46 am)
Reply   bye bye
 pyrok lifted his head to watch the object fly before twisting his neck back around to look back to kaa. "you're right, it won't hurt you over there, unless when it lands it explodes or something? that wouldn't be good." he laid back down, not too concerned about the object any longer, now that it was away from them.

Nightcandle
(9/13/04 4:23 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Let's hope it doesn't go boom...
 Kaa looked back in the direction he threw the little thing once Pyrok mentioned it exploding. Hopefully he threw the damn thing far enough so if it did the blast wouldn't reach them.

The area the object had to have landed in didn't go up in bright orange flames, so either the thing was taking a while to explode or it wasn't going to. Kaa grinned, figuring it was the latter. If it was going to explode it would have once it landed, the shock would have made it detonate. He leaned against the alley wall and sighed, putting his arms behind his head. "If it hasn't gone off by now it probably won't," he mused.

"What should we do now? I've never been here before."

BizRboy
SotE addict
(11/3/04 8:29 pm)
Reply   Re: Let's hope it doesn't go boom...
 (( OOC: im back. did you miss me?))

pryok flicked his ears toward the object, watching it arch thru the air and slowly desend towards the earth until even his sharp eyes couldnt find it any more. he waited but decided that perhaps kaa was right, that the object wouldnt explode.
"what if we needed that thing?" looks up at kaa. "maybe it would have showed us where to go from here, huh?"  

Nightcandle
(11/3/04 11:48 pm)
Reply | Edit
   .... ah ok
 ((Of course I did ^__^))

Kaa tilted his head to the side and glanced in the direction. "You think so?"

He stood up and squinted at the area the thing landed in. "Guess we should go find it then." Kaa looked down at Pyrok and began walking toward the area.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(11/22/04 4:09 pm)
Reply   Re: .... ah ok
 pyrok dashed out from the alley, running down the street at full speed on all fours, his fur flowing in the wind. he skidded to a stop sending a dust cloud into the air and looked behind him for kaa. wagging his tail as he watched kaa walk pyrok sniffed the air for the familiar sent of food wafting from market vendors. catching the scent of fresh duck he forgot about the mission of searching for the object a moment and slowly stalked towards a new prey.

Nightcandle
(11/22/04 11:17 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Eh?
 Kaa strode after Pyrok, glancing downward everyonce in a while to look for the little thing.

He saw Pyrok stop for a bit and then take off running again. Where the hell was the thing? He shrugged and began jogging after Pyrok, he'd lose the wolf if he kept walking.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(11/28/04 12:00 am)
Reply   Re: Eh?
 pryok runs back to kaa, carrying a dead duck by the neck, dragging its webbed feet across the ground like a hunting dog (though he thought of himself as so much more). he smiled around the bird's neck as he came back. "i found it." his voice was muffled by the food in his mouth.

Nightcandle
(11/30/04 8:54 pm)
Reply | Edit
   ... ??
 Kaa stopped and crossed his arms when he saw Pyrok running back up to him. "It's in the duck?" He looked a little confused, almost as though he didn't quite believe what just came out of his mouth.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(11/30/04 10:22 pm)
Reply   noooo...
 pyrok set the duck on the ground, watching it carefully as if it would walk away if he were not careful. he turned his head, pointing his wet nose in the direction of the vendor selling food. "its behind there, in one of his barrels. i tried to reach it but my paw wasnt long enough and i was a little distracted." picks up the bird again.

Nightcandle
(12/2/04 5:43 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Oooh
 Oh, Kaa nodded. That was one strong throw...

He shifted to look at the vendor Pyrok was talking about, squinting his eyes a little and looking for the barrels. They were, as Pyrok said, behind the man. "I'm going to get it," Kaa said, walking towards it.

He skirted around the vendor himself, going to the barrels and looking inside them, trying to pick out the little black thing. It wasn't in the first barrel, it was in the second! Kaa reached inside and plucked the little thingie, which was a little wet from the preserving liqiud.

"Hey! Stop theif!" The vendor hollared, raising a knife threateningly.

Kaa scowled.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(12/2/04 7:08 pm)
Reply   angry...
 he saw the vendor with the knife and knew that he should help his friend. as he dropped the duck he hurried thru the crowd and took a flying leap onto the vendor's cart, tipping it over, and spilling hundreds of fresh fruits across the dusty road into the crowd. people scurried out of the way as the fruits flew towards them. pyrok flipped with the cart but landed on all fours without losing his balance or forgeting his new mission. he stood on both back paws, raising his front in the air as he pushed his thick black claws out towards the vendor. being the small wolf pup that he was his claws only reached the vendors upper thighs or groin at the most and he swipped hard as he snarled and flashed his fangs.

Nightcandle
(12/3/04 9:55 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: angry...
 A grin crept across Kaa's face when he saw Pyrok fly through the air and knock down the cart

The vendor gasped when his cart was tipped over, turning around to see what was happening. Just after he turned Pyrok's claws hit him in quite the sensitive area...

He groaned and stumbled back a pace, one hand holding his groin and the other raising the knife again. "Dirty Mu-"

The vendor's sentence would have been completed quite nicely if Kaa hadn't slammed his fist into his jaw. The trauma from Pyrok's clawing and Kaa's punch was more than enough to drop the vendor, whimpering and cursing, to the ground.

"C'mon," Kaa said to Pyrok, grinning widely. "Let's go someplace less chaotic." He put the black thing in a pocket and began walking down the street, looking behind him to see if Pyrok was following.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(12/3/04 10:43 pm)
Reply   wow
 pryok hurried after kaa, scooping up the duck as he ran past it. his bushy tail flapped in the wind as he wagged it quickly side to side. "that guy didnt know what hit him. you punched him so hard his head almost fell off."

Nightcandle
(12/9/04 12:41 am)
Reply | Edit
   still got it
 Pyrok's praise for his punch made Kaa grin and hold his fist up as though he was admiring it. "Fists should never underestimated as a weapon," he mused. "I've seen females that are capable of hitting that hard, at least when they're provoked."

He folded his arms behind him and glanced around a moment before looking back at Pyrok. "What now? Anyplace you want to go?"