Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wing Walker

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2006, 10:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Valeska smirked, “I’m not going to make you carry those.� Without waiting for a response she reached over and took his old clothes. After putting them in her pack she opened the door and nodded for him to follow.

Naomi and Joshua were waiting downstairs. Both smiling, as they were the type to do that all the time. That’s a surprise, Valeska was half expecting Naomi to eavesdrop on them again. Joshua came forward and kissed Valeskas hand, she blushed a little.

“My wife has told me of your reasons for leaving so soon.� Valeska twitched and gave a forced smile, I’ll kill them all…

“Many your journey be a safe one,� Naomi winked. Valeska only bushed more. We did nothing! “Take good care of her Veguard.�

Their good bye’s finished, Valeska led Veguard to the Draconi forest. Heading of course by the “quick route�, but then, if she had remembered what day it was, she would have taken the “safe route�.

When Valeska walked it mirrored her walk as a dragon, very catlike. She walked one foot before the other, like she was on a tight rope. Of course, this continued because she’d never taken time to notice how her hips swayed walking this way. As they progressed Valeska seemed to be losing her balance until finally she felt so dizzy her steadied her self against a tree. She put a hand over her heart and shut her eyes, a slight grimace on her face. Dammit…how could I have forgotten…

Her knees buckled and she fell, at that precise moment nearly all Valeska’s  magick left her.

Anonymous

Veguard grinned as she took the clothes from him, bowing in thanks before opening the door so she could step out ahead of him. He followed her back downstairs, and returned Joshua and Naomi's smile, still completely unaware of what had been going on. He nodded to Naomi's request. "Of course I will."  Was his honest reply, and he did not understand that strange eye movement Naomi shot their way.
He was so clueless...

Soon they were in the forest, and he followed behind Valeska calmly. He didn't catch the swaying of her hips as being anything other than a natural movement of hers. Any other man would have been staring.
And then she was suddenly swaying. "Lady Valeska!" He ran to her side just as she collapsed. He knelt by her, one hand on her shoulder, his face full of worry.
"What is it Lady Valeska? Are you alright? What's wrong?"

Anonymous

Valeska opened her eyes after a few moments, feeling a little drained. She sighed tiredly, “It’s nothing, just-�

Valeska blushed. Wait…how do I explain this!?! …I really don’t want to…but Veguard’s already worried as it is…well…from the beginning then? Valeska got up, no longer feeling light headed. She paced a bit.

“Well…,� she began in a nervous voice, how embarrassing. “Umm…you…are aware that it is the females among a race that bear young yes? Among human women there is a time every month that they bleed. If they don’t it means they are with child…� Now for the really embarrassing part… Her body seemed to know this as well, as her blush grew deeper “This is very similar for me…mine only happens every season…and instead of bleeding…I lose all my magick.�

This was something she took great care in revealing. For a week she possessed no magick. Meaning she would be stuck in whatever form the magick left her in. As a dragon or in her wing walker form this was no problem, she still had fangs, claws and the strength to use them. As a human…well…Valeska was 4’ 10� weighing in at 95 pounds…and that was with some muscle. She weighed closer to 87 when she had been with Valerik, before her daily journey after the sorcerer.

Valeska sighed again, and this time faced Veguard when she spoke, “this will last for about a week.�

Anonymous

Veguard allowed her to stand and begin pacing, though he stayed near, lest she collapse again. He only nodded a bit slowly as she began explaining. What did child birth have to do with Lady Valeska falling to her knees?
There were a few answers to that, none of which readily came to Veguard's innocent mind.
Finally though, it all made sense.
He blinked. "Oh."

Well...what exactly do you say about that? She was without magick. That probably meant she could not shift either. Which meant...
"So you are stuck in your human form then?"
That meant he was going to have to be doubly on his guard if she could not readily defend herself.
Wow...what a hard thing for her to go through!

Anonymous

She nodded, “it is as you say.� Her gaze fell, a hand on her chin.

Now what? We can’t double over to the other path, that would take too long. In this state I won’t last as long walking and I’ll have to sleep longer too… Valeska blinked before her eyes rested on Veguard. It’s not as if I’m alone anymore…and it’s not like that’s out of his job description. She smirked at that last thought.

“Well, no point in worrying. It’ll take to long to go on the other path, so we will continue this one.�

Valeska did not walk at her usual pace, it was subtle, but indeed slower than before. During this time every one of her abilities seemed to have been knocked down a notch. Though it did not seem to matter for now, it was already nearing sunset and their path had not been disturbed. Valeska would have kept going until dark but her muscles refused, she found a relatively open space in the trees and set up for the night.

She was about to go to sleep when she had a touch of curiosity. Valeska truned to face Veguard and sat cross-legged with her face in her hands. “Veguard, what were you like before you met me?�

It had been a nagging question in the back of her mind, half wondering if his naiveté was because of her or because he had not been human before.

Anonymous

Veguard was strangely unnerved at the smirk she shot his way, but that only increased at her words. No need to worry? Uh... "Lady Valeska, I will always have a reason to worry over you..." He commented as he followed after her. She walked a bit slower now, but he didn't notice so much, and simply adjusted his own pace. Which he had to do quite a bit anyway because his legs were so much longer...

They stopped as night fell, and Veguard calmly sat next to Valeska, readjusting his weapons to making the action more comfortable. The question she asked was unexpected. Before...?
"Well...I can't really remember all that well. I was completely different, a different entity entirely. I was what they made me, just as now I am Veguard, and how you made me. My memories are pretty much erased every time I go back to wandering as energy, so they will not interfere with the next person I guide." He felt bad that that was the only answer he could really give her. "Why do you ask, Lady Valeska?"

Anonymous

Valeska nodded and Veguards comment, I suppose I’ll have to get used to that as well…

She tilted her head at his answer. How odd…he would…forget me? Valeska’s gaze fell and her eyes became sad. Valerik had forgotten her on that day, he did not respond to her at all. To forget so much…not just the bad things…but if it doesn’t worry him…

“Nothing really, just curious I guess. Good night Veguard�

The next day was not to be as quiet as the previous. Valeska was walking slightly ahead as before, her mind wandering as usual. If she had been paying attention she would have noticed a second sooner that the ground was a little different were she had just stepped. Damn!

“Ahhh!� Valeska had not cried out in surprise or fear, but in pain. In a second five vines sprung from the ground. The vines had great thorns on them, as they wrapped around her it was like many shallow cuts from a knife. What made it worse was a strange burning from the wounds leaving her to believe they were acidic in some way.

Velska was still wearing the sky blue dress from yesterday, something she now wished she hadn’t done. The first two caught her ankles, but the boots she had on were thick leather and the vines did not cut through. The rest of her was not so fortunate. The sleeves were now red with the blood that came from her wrists. Yet worst of all was the fifth vine. It had managed to go under her dress, cut across her left thigh, wrap along her back, and go between her breasts until finally stopping at wrapping around her left shoulder. Shallow cuts all along the path. Her dress became stained with her blood.

Damn that stings! Valeskas eyes shut tight and clenched her teeth. She tried to struggle against them, but only succeeded in shedding more blood.

Anonymous

Veguard was still curious, but since she seemed done with the conversation, he simply nodded. "Goodnight..." He spoke softly, feeling little tiredness in his veins. He only slept a few hours near the break of morn, still sitting up, ever vigilant.

The next day and Veguard was again slowly following behind Valeska. It was a pleasant day, the sun filtering down through the trees onto the path, keeping it shady and cool but not too dark. Beautiful was really the only way to describe it...
Until the shriek broke the serenity.

Veguard was jarred from his observations, only having enough time to register that Val was in trouble before his legs began to move him forward.
Vines.
Must cut.
The sword was out in the blink of an eye, and before he had even stopped, he was slicing. One cut, the vines were gone from around her ankles, second cut, the one from her left wrist was gone, the back of her dress was sliced open, and the vine that had snaked its way up that path was cut. Third slice, and the vine dropped from her right wrist, as well as that same fifth vine from around her thigh.
He may have damaged her dress, but the vines were no longer able to grasp her bleeding form.

Veguard all but tossed the sword to the ground, gingerly taking Valeska around the waist. Without really worrying about it, he quite smoothly jerked the front of her dress up with his right hand, and dislodged the vine carefully, but quickly, from between her breasts and across her shoulder. He threw it away and then carefully moved and set Val down on the bare earth.
"Lady Valeska, are you alright??"

Anonymous

Valeska sighed in relief. She blushed greatly as he pulled up her dress, but it faded quickly as Veguard removed the vine. She gasped at the sudden pain, her left hand gripping his shoulder. For a moment she worried that she might hurt him, but Valeska then remembered it was unlikely she had the strength to do that. She wobbled a little when he set her on the ground.

Besides bleeding and having just been molested by a plant. Just dandy…. In all honesty Veguard had just saved her life and she was very grateful, but her mind was a strange one.

“Not really. These cuts are not fatal…but� her breath hissed, “if this is left unchecked I’m likely to bleed to death…I don’t know the area, and I can’t heal myself…�

Anonymous

Veguard nodded curtly, in full guardian mode and without so much as a sliver of his usual calm, naive nature. He was not even afraid of upsetting at this point. His one and only thought was to help Valeska, whatever he needed to do.
Without looking at her face to watch for reactions, he pulled both of her sleeves up in order to heal the ones on her wrists, the most worried about the blood coming out of so many veins so close to the surface.
He placed one hand, far larger than her own, one either wrist and summoned his healing powers. His hands warmed and glowed, before sparking into gentle flames that did not burn, only healed.

He lifted her dress again, placing a hand over the wound on her thigh, the soothing flame still present, still healing. Without much warning, he lost one hand into the slash in the dress, his hand rubbing over the gashes along her back. That hand then balanced her while the other used that slash to get to the wounds on her shoulder, and then the wounds on her chest.
He did it all with such efficiency, but also with such care, his hands barely gliding over the wounds to stop any unnecessary pain from afflicting her. The flame was a warm glow, tingling along her skin as it healed her.

Anonymous

Death by perverted plant…that’s just pathetic… Valeska watched Veguard with curiosity, she forgotten that she given him healing powers.

Valeska struggled against his grip for a moment. She was an ice dragon, and fire affects them more than normal beings. If burned it would take twice as long to heal on it’s own, or twice as much magick to heal it. After realizing it wasn’t burning her and instead healing her Valeska calmed down a little. She rather liked the feeling Veguards flame left, but then he touched her along the other cuts. Her body decided she liked that a little too much…

“oooh,� she moaned loudly as Veguards hand skimmed across her thigh. She shivered, her hand lost its grip on his shoulder, and her eyes shut softly. Immediately the deep blush came back and Valeska felt ashamed and embarrassed at the same time. Her body felt hot and she was soon losing the will to stand, she might have fallen if Veguard wasn’t holding her. She moaned again as she felt his hand on her chest, “Veguard…�

Anonymous

Througout Valeska's struggles, Veguard kept a firm but gentle hold on her as he continued to heal her, letting nothing get in the way of him helping her. He shushed her softly until she realized what it was he was doing. Apparently she had forgotten that one of her own gifts to him was the power to heal.

The strange noise that left Valeska at first made him think she was groaning in pain, but something deep and hidden inside him told him that was definately not what that sound meant. Faltering alittle, he continued along her wounds, passing over them as many times as necessary for them to completely close.
Unfortunately this was just adding fuel to the proverbial fire that he knew nothing about.
Well, consciously at least.

It was the strange moaning of his name that did it, and Veguard found himself blushing and unable to continue with the wound on her chest. Wait, what was going on? Why was he blushing? And why did he feel so shivery all of a sudden?
Veguard was completely baffled by his own reactions, blinking down at Valeska, unsure of the look on her face and what it meant. She had said his name, so...
"Yes...?" He was startled at how breathy it came out, again trying to puzzle out as to why. Well, obviously it was due to the fact his throat seemed to be a bit tighter than usual, but why?
He just didn't understand...

Anonymous

I don’t think I can stand this much longer…Her breath was quickening, and every passing second Valeska feared she might give in. Or faint. This feeling…something she had also missed. No one had subdued her like this since Valerik was alive.

Then Veguard spoke, so quietly it sent shivers down her spine. She slowly opened her eyes to find him looking at her, with a slight blush on his face. Valeska couldn’t help thinking that look reminded her of someone else. Her eyes widened and her blush, if possible, grew deeper.

She moved away from him quickly, fearing she might do something about it. Though Valeska moved a little too quickly, she fell backwards, landing roughly on her rear. Valeska didn’t move anymore than that, she sat there trying to slow her breathing. She looked Veguard in the eyes for a moment, but found her gaze on the ground soon enough. …I’m sorry Valerik…

Anonymous

The blush was very obvious on her face, and as she opened her eyes to look at him, another strange occurance happened. His heart did something most peculiar as that gaze was turned on him. It skipped a bit, almost painfull, the blush darkening at almost the same time as Valeska's. But unlike her, Veguard did not know what was going on, could not understand what was happening between himself and her.

Without warning she pulled away from him, and he nearly fell forward as his arm had still been wrapped around her under her dress. She wasn't on her feet for very long though, and collapsed into a sitting position. It was a good thing he had finished healing her...
Kneeling next to her, he glanced over her to make sure she was alright. Physically, she was fine.
But he could tell that there was something going on under the surface.

He took a breath, looking down as she did. "I do not understand what happened just now Lady Valeska...but...I will not ask."
His warm gaze moved back to her face.
"Are you alright?" And he did not mean physically.

Anonymous

Valeska’s heartbeat was finally slowing, and her breath was almost back to normal. She tensed as Veguard came near. So much for calming down. Stop it! You’ll just worry him more…
She looked at him out of the corner of her eye. “…Thank you.�

Valeska let out a deep breath when he asked her that. “…I’m not sure…I…Veguard…your healing, it’s very…I…don’t think I should let you do it very often. That noise…that came from me,â€? Valeskas blush returned. “Valerik is the only other…who has caused that reaction. I know that I would have died if you hadn’t…so…when I’m without magick, like this or because of battle,  I will allow you free reign. Otherwise…you must allow me to take care of myself. I…cannot say what I might do…if it goes further then what just occurred.â€?

Now more than ever Valeska realized she could never repress her instincts. A few more seconds and she might have done something she would have regretted. Would she? It pained Valeska to find that something inside her wouldn’t. That had it gone a bit further she would have willingly betrayed her husband. Am I so weak? She instantly felt ashamed and looked at the ground again.

…I’m sorry…now I have let another man touch me…

Anonymous

Veguard tried to understand what she was saying, but did not have the knowledge to piece together the parts she left out. The only thing he understood that he had made her uncomfortable.
Again.
Even that which was most important to him, his ability to heal her, made her uncomfortable.
Perhaps he was cursed.

And then she mentioned Valerik. Perhaps if he knew of love, he would understand why a dead man could hold so much sway over the actions and thoughts of a living woman. Perhaps if he knew, he could understand Valeska better.
But he didn't understand.
And he probably never...would...
"Ah..."

Veguard swivled and sat, wincing as again that pain sprung into his chest. It was a dark fist that closed in a vice grip around his heart, catching his breath in his lungs. It was not quite as bad as the first time, but he felt as though he might suffocate under the weight of this strange sorrow he still did not understand.
What was happening to him??

Anonymous

Valeska looked up quickly when she heard him. Oh no. She knew it immediately this time, what happened in front of the tailor’s store. She also knew that it was because of her again. Because he did not understand what little explanation she had given him. Valeska was about touch him but she pulled back swiftly, remembering what happened the last time.

Dammit! What should I do now!?! How do I…Arrg! Realizing what she had to do, Valeska cast aside her dignity.

“To hell with it! I was sexually aroused all right!?! When you touched me like that my body responded! And I felt guilty because I promised Valerik I would never let another man know me like he did! Especially not my body! So when I realized what was happening I pulled away because I felt I might,� Valeska’s voice died down to it’s normal volume. “… give in to my body’s desires and…try to force myself on you…which is stupid now that I think about it…there’s now way I’m strong enough to do that.�

Valeska’s eyes held tears now, “I can’t ask you to know what it feels like when it seems you’ve betrayed the most important person in your life…it’s almost like seeing him die again…but right now…the only thing making me guilty…is making you feel sorrow again. I would give anything, for you not to know it.�

Her body was shaking, and Valeska feared she might start sobbing. She shifted a little closer to him. Valeska was ready to try to interpret his sadness in case what she had just said didn’t work. She was desperately hoping it did, because for the first time in hundreds of years…Valeska had been completely honest.

Anonymous

Veguard sat, hunched over a bit, one hand clutching his chest. Yet he still tried to listen and understand Valeska's words. "A-aroused...?" He repeated, not exactly understanding. He knew that sex was mating, and that mating equalled children. But he had no idea what it actually was.

...Valerik...

It was him...

Veguard's breaths came in ragged gasps, his lungs refusing to completely cooperate with him. He could hear the tears in her voice, and suddenly...suddenly...
The fist in his chest exploaded into a furious blaze, rushing his breath out in a loud gasp.
"Ahh!"
He sat bolt upright in surprise, his body suddenly burning from the inside. His teeth were gritted, and for once his face was not its usual kind self. It was contorted into a look of pure wrath. This was different from the cold, the heavy saddness! This was quick, rushing, energized. He was enraged!
Anger! That was it!
Veguard could feel anger! And hate!
...Valerik!!

As soon as he realized he had thought ill of Valeska's most precious person, the anger rushed out of him and he collapsed backward. There was a cold sweat on his brow, and he blinked blankly up at the trees, his face feeling a bit strained. What face had he been making...?
"Valeska..." He said softly, not trying to look at her. His amber gaze was on the cool light filtering down onto the path.
"...I felt angry."

Anonymous

Valeska grew more anxious by the second. She had been expecting Veguard to try to describe what was paining him this time. Her heart rushed when she realized it was getting worse. Dammit! I must have said something I shouldn’t have…but I can’t help him until I know what’s wrong… Again Valeska wished embrace him, as it had usually made her feel better, but she couldn’t. She knew if she did that now she would just cause him pain.

She fell back as he cried out, her eyes shut. When Valeska looked at him again, she was shocked, so familiar with his kind and usually confused face. It was small, but she felt a little fear in her heart seeing him that way. She watched him fall back. …what should I do…

Her eyes grew sympathetic at his words, unsure what he could have been angry about. Valeska crawled over to him slowly. She lay at his side, resting her head on his chest and closing her eyes.

“About what…if you don’t mind my asking…�

Anonymous

Veguard was a bit surprised as she lay next to him, but was more surprised by her action of laying her head on his chest. He was going to hold her, but when she asked...
He didn't feel it would be right to touch her.
Because...
"I..."

How was he supposed to say he was angry, hateful even, at Valerik? Surely she would be furious with him saying such things...
But...
He couldn't refuse to tell her.
He was cursed.
"You will not like the answer." He warned, before taking a deep breath. Well, here goes nothing...
"I was angry at Valerik. I felt...hate towards him. I am sorry Lady Valeska...I did not mean to!"