Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wing Walker

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2006, 10:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Valeska listened closely as Veguard spoke, still humming as he requested. Valeska did not know Luna obviously and was intent on learning more about her. By Veguards account she seemed kind and loving. Her mind wandered a bit, wondering what Luna looked like, she had never seen an angel. She had seen illustrations of angels by humans, but who knew if they were accurate? Valeska finished the dress and began to fix the shirt as well. She had thought to ask Veguard more but decided against it. She simply continued humming, looking him every once and a while.

Soon she finished the shirt as well and folded it with the dress, returning them to the pack. Then Valeska looked to sky for a moment. She sighed, feeling a little exhausted. “Veguard? I’m going to go to sleep now.�

Anonymous

Veguard sat up and looked over at her, nodding as she spoke. "Alright. I'll keep watch. And this time, if you wake up and want to wander around, please tell me first." He ordered with a grin, remembering last time at the river.

He then stood, and moved over toward their small night fire. Sitting next to it, he calmly watched the flames flicker and dance before him. He was surprised to remember Luna. He'd never remembered her before...
And after remembering her, he was very glad that two of his forms had wings. It reminded him of Luna...

He sighed, shutting his eyes. "Sleep well, Valeska..."

Anonymous

She gave a small smile as he said that, knowing what he referred to. Valeska laid down on her blanket, “you too Veguard.�

A couple days later they were on the outskirts of Ketra, the forest thinning out as they got closer. Valeska was again wearing her full set of traveling clothes, minus the cloak. She walked beside Veguard, whom she had already warned to be in human form. So far it looked like the forest would give them no more trouble, but it seemed Valeska had hoped too soon. Three figures came from the bushes, all armed. Run of the mill bandits. Oh joy.

“Hand over the girl.�

The men were of average height. One was more muscular than the others, carrying an ax. The other two held swords. Valeska noticed that they seemed to be losing their nerve as they approached. She didn’t have to look at their line of sight to see who had their attention. Standing next to him Valeska only made Veguard look taller than he actually was. A confident smirk came to her lips. Over the few days Valeska worried she might snap at Veguad for something irrelavent as she became easily agitated at this time. But Veguard proved to calm her at all times. These bandits would certainly get rid of any tension.

“Well it seems their minds are made up. I’ll deal with them�

The bandits grew even more confused, but then they grew annoyed. How dare this small woman insinuate that they were so weak!

Anonymous

Veguard walked calmly beside Valeska, again in his human form and fully armed. His large body tensed as the three men came before them, one hand instinctively going toward the handle of his own axe.
"Excuse me?" He said on impulse, surprised at their blatant demand. As if he would ever hand Valeska over to anyone.
He was oblivous to just how intimidating he looked.

At Valeska's words, he blinked down at her. "Alright Lady Valeska, as you wish..." He replied, alittle unwilling to allow her to take on the three men. But he knew she could take care of herself.
Still, he would watch this all closely in case he needed to intervene...

Anonymous

She nodded and stepped forward. Valeska stood there, with no weapon and not even getting into a stance, she just waited. Her confident smirk turned into a grin, “well…come and catch me...if you can…�

The bandits were even more confused now, but Valeskas manner had them highly annoyed now. One of the men with a sword came at her, and at what seemed the last second Valeska sidestepped and tripped him. He fell flat on his face and she examined the blade she had snatched from him at the same time. “I’m surprised, you couldn’t steal a better sword?� He got to his feet quickly at the insult, coming around with a fist. Again she dodged and gave a quick blow to the back of his head. She dropped the sword on his body. “Next?�

The other two men decided to take her at once, since they now knew she was no ordinary woman. Each got on one side of Valeska and came at her. She sighed and ducked out, causing them to run into each other. The other sword man passed out from the force of his more muscular friend. The one with the ax was now the only one left. He swung it at her with one hand, but Valeska quickly got behind him and pinned his other arm painfully against his back. He yelped and let go of the ax.

“Quiet!�

The man whimpered but shut up quickly.

“Pick up your friends and get your sorry carcasses out of my way,� she let go and kicked him over.

“Yes ma’am!� He got the other two men and left as fast as he could.

“I guess I expected too much from them,� she stretched a little. Valeska looked back to Veguard with a small smile. “Come on, we’ll get rooms at the tavern. Then I need to do some research in the library.�

Anonymous

Veguard watched in amazment as Valeska totally kicked the crap out of the three bandits. Or more like, totally humiliated them with just a hand full of moves.
Woah.
Just, woah.

Veguard smiled a bit as she turned to him. "That was amazing Lady Valeska." He complimented, following after her. He nodded a bit as she spoke. "That sounds good. What do you want to research, if I might ask?"

(lol, sorry its so short, I just don't have much to say!)