Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Road Less Traveled [Possible M?]

Started by DragonSong, March 15, 2019, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Oh, give over." She chuckled and moved to shove his shoulder playfully before she managed to catch herself and dropped her hand into her lap instead. She cleared her throat and continued as she stood, hoping to brush passed the brief awkwardness. "Even if that were possible--which I doubt--I'm a necromancer. I didn't give two whits for transfiguration in school, and I'm certainly not any better at it now."

She moved toward her chest of clothes and added over her shoulder, "I'm going to actually change now, if you want to close your eyes or something."

For some reason she really couldn't quite fathom, after that ritual the previous night she'd grown exponentially more comfortable around him; comfortable enough to slip back into some of her old habits, or allow pieces of herself that he hadn't seen before to shine through. Not much caring if he saw her naked seemed to be one of those pieces.

She did change quickly though, slipping out of her shift and into a simple black robe, soft homespun tunic and breeches underneath. And the moment she was dressed she moved toward her grimoire, one hand outstretched and the other rising to cover a still-sleepy yawn.

"Alright. Time for the real work, then."

Kadakism

Tvaldis was torn. He hadn't ever really cared about seeing mortals naked one way or the other. He didn't seek it out, but also found their modesty silly considering that it was just flesh. But Mira giving him warning before she changed, after everything that had happened the night before, he found himself growing somewhat embarrassed at the idea. He was slow, catching a glimpse of her before turning to look anywhere else. If he could have blushed he very well might have.

"Right, the work. I know you said that we need to break something, and I suggested a wheel. I think it might also be a good idea, if we have them, to burn herbs associated with life and staving off death. Since those can, ah, repel my kind in certain circumstances."

That was something he hadn't thought about the night before, but he supposed it made sense. Most magic was couched in so much metaphor and proxy that it was hard to determine what would work and what was just folk nonsense. But he knew for a fact that burning sage and henbane together worked.

Tvaldis floated beside Mira as they talked, looking over her shoulder but remaining intangible so that she would'nt accidentally bump into him. He was curious to see what she had in store, and what she would need him to do to get this thing rolling.

DragonSong

“Mm. Low smoke fires are a good starting point for most rituals,” Mira agreed vaguely as she set about flipping through her grimoire. Her brow was slightly furrowed, just-a-little-too-sharp canines—a gift of her elven heritage from her father’s side, she’d always been told—caught on one side of her bottom lip as she fell into the familiar patterns of research and academic problem solving. “As for the breaking...I think symbolism might actually work best. A runic symbology representing the Wheel, blood—“

She suddenly paused, and flicked her mismatched eyes toward her companion. “Can you bleed?”

That might pose a bit of a problem. Resurrection pretty much always required something of the physical body; she couldn’t very well offer her own, not unless she wanted Tvaldis to possess her. Maybe animal blood? No. No, what if he was returned to a mortal state with a tail or claws or something?

She tilted the grimoire slightly as she turned toward him, subtly hiding the bottom diagram from view. She was counting on him not know the exact specifics of every necromantic spell in existence. If he realized that what she was doing involved necromantic ritual as much as unbinding...she didn’t think he’d like that very much.

She didn’t like it all that much either, honestly. But it was the only option she could see.