Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ravensway Mystery [Whim]

Started by Trenzalor, February 28, 2020, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trenzalor

Mira stretches as she wakes up for a new day of walking. A few days ago Mira had walked into the forest along her journey to try to learn more about the world, and has been in this forest since then. She has just been walking through the forest just hoping to bump into someone or something. She yawns as she finishes up her stretch and starts getting up for the morning. Once she's gotten up and worked the kinks out of her back she starts packing up her small little campsite. she undoes her tent and sleeping bag and disrupts her campfire. Once everything has been organized she bundles them all up into/onto her backpack and gets ready to keep walking along her path.

Mira starts walking in her original direction through the forest with her backpack on her back and her cloak fluttering along as she walks through the forest. Mira does her best to keep herself steady as she walks over the muddy ground. She tries to keep herself walking for as long as she can before she needs to rest. She's not really trying to sneak around so she's not hard to miss if someone were looking for her. The trees around her stand still as their leaves rustle lightly in the wind. Mira looks up at the leaves and smiles lightly to herself as she sees the nature outside of her home village.

Whim

The castle of Gydwanyth, the Horned King, was a mere ten miles from the village of Hylop. A thick canopy of old firs, and windy path through the hills, made the journey seem much longer. It was cold and Ollie was near-shivering. And to make matters worse the young man was being made to haul an enormous boulder.

"Pick up the pace! Got to push it if you want more muscle! Ought to lose the cloak if you really want to make the most of this. Cold won't bother you if ya don't let it!" A voice cackled. It came from his sword.

"I'm not going to leave it you know. Mother knitted it." Kaaruthux could be so irritating. For spite, Ollie snuggled into his colorful serape. "Now you're sure Gydwanyth's castle is up here? I don't mind seeing the countryside, really, but isn't there some tournament atop a tower down south you'd rather me be wrestling in? I don't see why you want to see this place so badly."

"Its a journey transformation, and I'm guide. Gydwanyth was a conqueror! A tamer of wild-places! Iron fisted! Iron willed!"

"You know I've never heard of him. He sounds lovely."

Soon the smoke of a campfire came into view. Its glow was a welcomed sight in the gloom. The camp was occupied by a lone woman, a peasant by the look of it. "Hello?!" the boy called out. "I'm a bit lost. I don't suppose you know these woods?" Really he just wanted an excuse to stop and rest.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Trenzalor

Just as Mira is about to lave her camp site, some strange person with a baby face and a jacked body walks into her camp site. Of all the things she wasn't expecting, which at this point wasn't much, this most certainly one of them. The sight of it alone is enough to give her pause. It looks like his body just developed muscle without any work put into it because of house out of place it is. Mira wonders what this strange person is doing out here. "Hello there. I don't really know these woods. I'm just passing through here. Though if I had to hazard a guess, you should try looking for a river and then following it. Most cities are built near or along rivers because they need water to survive. How'd you get out here in the first place if you don't mind me asking?"

Whim

"Its not much of a City anymore. Its just a castle from the old days. It belonged to a fellow called Gydwanith. But that's a really good point about following the river; can't subsist on one little well." Ollie almost struck himself upside the head. How could he forget that? "But traveling here is easier said than done I guess."

As Ollie chatted with the woman there came a burst of light and heat from his weapon. Wisps of black smoke rose from his scabbard, forming the shape of a tiny dragon. "A fellow! Don't be such a glib little pissant. Gydwanith was one of the greatest warriors in all Serendipity. Turned himeslf into a giant bull-man and single-handedly cut down an invading army of trolls. Country would've shit its pants and starved without him! How could you even-" the smoke-dragon flapped about wildly, hissing.

The 'barbarian' rolled his eyes, "In any case I'm supposed to find his resting place as a kind of test. I'm Ollie by the way. And this is Karuthuux. What are you doing out here? These woods are terribly gloomy to travel alone. Especially unarmed."

The little dragon snorted, sending a tiny red spark into the air. Obviously this was a trap! How could that moronic titsucker not see this?
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Trenzalor

"Well, I would think that the king or lord of the castle wouldn't want to go without water. Thank you. I learned it a few towns back." The lady looks at the baby faced person with even more confusion. At least based on what he's saying, he's basically lost here. She hopes that's not the case and he's just got his wording mixed up. When there's a sudden burst of light from the baby faced barbarian's weapon Mira takes a step away from the sword and prepares to flee if she has to. But seeing the smoke form into a tiny dragon, Mira's expression changes to one of awe. 'Oh goodness that is so cute!' However as soon as the tiny dragon starts talking Mira's attention is thoroughly caught and she listens with great attention. This is a legend that she hasn't heard of. This sounds really interesting and she wants to know more. "Please mr. smoke dragon, could you tell me more about this Gydwanith person? He sounds absolutely fascinating." When the baby faced barbarian starts talking to Mira again she turns her attention to him so as not to be rude. "That sounds very interesting. I'm Miracle Mira. It's nice to meet the two of you. I'm wandering around the world to try and learn more about legends and history. Maybe I could join the two of you." Mira certainly doesn't sound like a trap, and he can probably see her campsite. Though speaking of titsucker, Mira certainly has a large pair of them hiding under her drab beige robe.