Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More Than A Name [Spice]

Started by DragonSong, January 04, 2023, 09:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Addie swallowed thickly, drawing her hand back in toward her chest. "I—I thought so too..." she whispered, and reached up to wipe at her eyes. "I'm so glad you—I mean I'm not, I wish you were still...that we could..."

She sniffled and wiped her eyes again. "I'm...so sorry, Thomas..."

visualspice

He reached but could not touch, but remained there, close to her.

"Do not apologize, Adelaide. Please.." His eyes implored. "I'm still happy I could even return. "

He then paused.. hesitating before he asked,"How.. how long was I gone?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She sniffled again and wiped the back of her hand across her eyes. "Most of the day," she whispered in reply. "Longer than the other times before. I--I thought you might..."

She drew in a shaky breath. "I thought you might...really be gone."

visualspice

Troubled, Thomas grew silent as he considered that. Did his longer absence have to do with his body turning physical again?

But this is the first time it had ever happened.yet why?

When you were.. in his unfortunate position, time was lost to you. And he had only recently met Adelaide... how could he know? 

There were too many questions and he felt 😠, impotent. He shook his head.

"Well, I'm not gone yet. Whatever reason I am here.. I am like this.. it seems the gods aren't finished with me yet."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Addie blinked, slightly startled by his turn of phrase. "The gods?" she repeated. While Thomas had never shown an overt distrust of any of the more "abnormal"--or downright magical--acts in the Fantasma, he'd also never struck her as not being religiously Connlaothian either.

...Were there gods involved? It was a fantastical thought, but then...whatever Thomas had become was also something fantastical.

visualspice

"Can you explain this in any other way? This phenomenon.  I'm not quite dead yet.. " he moved to pass a hand through her and hesitated. "But I'm not with the living," he added softly.

DragonSong

"I don't know." Addie shook her head slowly. "I don't know, Thomas..."

She watched his hand pass through her, shivering slightly both for the chill and for the memory of a touch that wasn't there. "Maybe..."

She looked up at him, grief warring with a manically desperate hope in her eyes. "Maybe--now that you're back, maybe my father will be able to...maybe he can see something, or figure something out about why..."

visualspice

Thomas hoped upon hope that that one moment when he could feel.. touch.. be alive... That it meant hope, not defeat. But it was so hard not to feel so dejected.

But he smiled anyway. If not for himself, then for her.

"I am atleast grateful I have this..
 When I.. disappear... I'm afraid each time it's for forever. "

And this last time made it worse.

DragonSong

"Don't say that," Addie begged, reaching for him once again without thinking before she caught herself and drew her hands back. "We--we'll figure something out. We will, there has to be something."

She swallowed thickly and spun on her heel, starting to pace restlessly. "This isn't normal. It can't be--I've never known a g-ghost like you, Thomas," she whispered. "I don't believe--I can't believe that's all this is."

visualspice

Thomas wished with all of his being to be able to hold her. 

"We'll figure this out, Adelaide.  We will.. we have to. There must be a way.. and a reason. Perhaps it's a curse I must break? But I can't even begin to fathom why someone would target me. I.. I wasn't a man of any significance.  And I was just to begin my studies at the college.."

DragonSong

"Thomas..."

She didn't want to ask. She couldn't even imagine how difficult it must be to think about, but..."

Biting at her lower lip, she took a cautious step toward him and asked softly, "How much...do you remember? About what happened before--before you wound up like this. What happened to you?"

visualspice

It.. well..the act was not something he much remembered- or rather dared to remember.  It seemed like a dream.. life before death.. the strange occurrences that lead to this phase.

And then he recalled the pain of the dagger- and suddenly gripped at his chest where it had been plunged. He hadn't even seen it- stabbed in the back and...

Wait.. was that how it had gone?

He trembled, recalling the pain of death just moments after...

He shivered as tears streamed down his face.

"I was murdered.." he whispered, confessed.  Then closed up as a choked sob over took him.

DragonSong

Her stomach dropped. She knew ghosts rarely formed from peaceful deaths, she'd had her suspicions, but...

"Thomas, I—I'm so sorry," she whispered, wishing with all her heart that she could offer some sort of comforting touch. "I'm so sorry, but I—I have to ask, do you...remember who? Why?"

visualspice

He was shocked by his own reveal- stunned .. as if reliving the moment as he clutched at an open wound that wasn't there.

Her words barely grounded him as he blinked back tears.

"I.. I don't know. I.. I had been traveling.. I was going to college... to learn I..."

And someone took it all away- his life, his future....

DragonSong

"Thomas..."

All she wanted in the world was to be able to hold him. She couldn't stop herself from reaching for him this time, and swallowed back a sharp sob when her fingertips brushed his shoulder and passed through like mist.

"It's okay," she whispered. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I asked, I just thought if we knew more--but it's okay. You don't have to talk about it. I'm so sorry..."

visualspice

He bowed his head, body tense over the memory before he drew in a shivering breath and shook his head.

"No.. no you're right." He wiped at his tears. "This.. it couldn't help us figure out the why.. maybe lead to the cause.."

But it didn't make it any easier to talk about. 

DragonSong

"...It could." She took a cautious step closer. "But you can take your time. Maybe--maybe if we just...sit for a moment? Don't force yourself..."

visualspice

Thomas shook his head.
"No." His hands gripped into fists before he spoke more firmly. "No. I want answers. I want to figure this out. I want to know what nefarious curse is behind this.. I.."

Something came alight within his eyes and he looked towards Adelaide.

"Things were strange before I was heading to the college in Uthlyn. As if my luck had become too good to be true. I really wanted to attend college but wasn't sure I'd have the chance. But everything.. it all fell together so perfectly.. what if.. but no.." he frowned in midthought.

DragonSong

She hated this, hated forcing him to relive it, but if it could give them some real answers...

"Your family," she said softly, suddenly. "You said--you came to the city for school, but your family doesn't live here, right? Are they...do they know?"

visualspice

"Know?" He blinked.  "Kmow what?" 

Then he realized and his expression changed. 

"I.. I don't know. I've been wandering this area for as long as I've.. I've been this way.  It's.. almost like I'm leashed to this area. I.. they.."

What did his family think? Were they even aware? How much time had even passed?