Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Long Night by the Niafi [M]

Started by visualspice, December 22, 2023, 09:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ibra flinched. 

"No.. of course not.. Faraji.. I.." she sighed, trying to find the right words.  "Keeping him from you at all was a mistake. At first I was pregnant.. angry.. over emotional and irrational but I can't fix what my past self did. Then after I had him.... I wanted to yell you.. i tried to write the words but...well, I wasn't in much of a better place either. I.. feared I was turning into my father in his wasting years..."

She frowned.

"I know it's not the response you want to hear but you do deserve the truth. Today... what had happened... I hadn't expected any of this. And now... now I only regret everything I had done." She kept herself collected best she could but her eyes still reflected the threat of more tears. 

"I don't deserve to ask for forgiveness but please believe me when I was meaning to tell you. Even had we not gotten together.. I came back because of this. I couldn't keep living with the guilt and knew I had to tell you.. whether you had become married or not."

She paused, looking at him with her unwavering grace and only the look a defeated lover could show.

"But I am sorry, Faraji. For being so week and keeping him from you for years."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

"I don't...I don't know if I can forgive you." He said quietly, moving back to sit in the chair by the bed and running a hand through his dark curls. His words felt clunky, even to him. He had never been one for anything other than eloquence and now?

But what more could he do but be honest?

And then he chuckled and his eyes dropped to where his hands now rested in his lap. He couldn't meet her eyes. It would be his undoing.

"I love you, Ibra. But I...how do I trust you after this. Which is odd because, at the same time, I trust that what you're telling me is true. That he...that Faisal...is indeed mine. I know it. Whatever my mother claims."
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

She just remained where she was. She gave him his time, his space and let him speak his words. She digested all of that with as much grace as she could muster and gave a bitter smile as she thought about the past years- wasted and in vain.

"Personally, if I were you and you were me, I'd string me up and throw me off a cliff side," she said approaching the window yet giving him his space, not daring to step into his full line of sight.

But she was always less forgiving than he.

"But I won't keep him from you. I wasn't intending to any longer." She paused a moment, considering her next words. 

"You don't have to believe me. But when you see him... he is the sweetest child that ever was- and has every feature about you that I adore."

There was no denying it- from his mop of curly hair and bright eyes, even to the way he smiled and laughed.

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

Faraji took a long, deep breath and rested his head in his hands, letting his fingers entangle themselves with his hair as he closed his eyes and just existed. He had always wanted a family. He had wanted children, wanted to be a father, to hold their hands as they learned to walk, to read books as they grew, to teach them how to get into trouble while being safe.

But Faisal didn't know him. He had missed all of those moments that he had dreamed. He was going to meet his son as a stranger and have to explain why he wasn't in his life.

Could he throw Ibra to the wolves with that? Was it fair to him to make him think less of his mother - the only parent he'd known up until this point? But what could he say if not the truth?

"Ibra...what if he is scared of me. I'm a stranger...how...how is this going to work...how is any of this going to work..."

visualspice

She blinked.

That.. was not what she had expected. She was waiting for hate, to be tossed outside of his home and from his life forever..

But this?

Truly? He feared his own son rejecting him.  And how her heart poured out to him. Despite herself, she moved closer, wanting to hold him but not daring. He still needed his space.

"Faraji.... I... your son... he wants to meet you." Shr lifted her hand, moving to unwind a colorful series of twisting, braided strings. She held it up, offering it out to him.

"Faisal made this for you. He.. knew when he'd come to Essryn you would meet. He even made you a doll. I have it in my chest back home. I.. will bring that to you tomorrow."

She paused, drawing in a deep breath.

"He's.. so smart and mature for his age. He... he's so warm and kind.. just like you. So friendly to all... " she choked up, unable to continue the words.

"The beads mean peace..." she said softly, pointing them out within the twisting threads. "And love... he chose them.. for you. And the colors.. the colors of the desert of Essryn."

Goldie

Faraji stared at the piece in Ibra's hand and felt a fist close around his throat that made anything other than passively sitting a dangerous task for keeping the tears back inside of himself. His son was coming. His son whom Ibra had named after his father. His son who had to be four now at least, possibly turning five soon – though his brain wasn't doing proper thinking to know for sure.

He was angry with Ibra. A part of him was sympathetic to how she must have been feeling, but she had fled without so much as giving him the chance to explain. When it had just been her, he was more likely to believe he had needed to try harder, but she took his son with her. What was worse was she had hidden him for years.

Could he forgive her?

She had accepted his proposal without telling him. Did that change how he felt about wanting to marry her? Did he want to be with her solely so he didn't lose his son again? Or did he want to marry her because he wanted her.

Hakeshna, he didn't know. It was too much. Too soon. He needed time to think, time to breathe, time to process...

But Faisal was on his way. He would be here in far less time than it would take if he hadn't already been on the road. Ibra had already started bringing him home before any of this had happened, before his mother had stolen the ability for her to tell him on her own.

He reached out and took the gift and held it carefully in his hands, letting one finger trace the twists, spin the beads, and then, carefully, wrapped it around his own wrist. He would wear it until it became too threadbare to exist any longer. Just like the ring that now encircled Ibra's finger, this would encircle him.

"Thank you." He still didn't meet her eyes.

visualspice

That's when she placed the ring upon the table.

It felt too much like lead, the guilt wearing raw and sitting sickly inside of her.

"This.. isn't a rejection from me," she told him, hesitating over the words. "I don't find it fair it was accepted before.. revealing Faisal to you. Our reunion was... not expected and I realize I am in no better a position mentally than I was before." She sighed, the weight of it all was too heavy but she understood that raw pain too well.

And she wasn't going to be proud about it. It was her lowest point and she had no idea how to get over it. But pulling Faraji down wasn't it.

"Offer it to me again only it it's still sincere. If it's still because you could love a woman like me that truly and not because you feel compelled because of our child. Faisal.. will love you regardless."

This she knew.  Their son was far too pure for anything but.

Goldie

A part inside of him broke when the ring touched the table and he found himself, for the first time, looking over at her. If he didn't say anything she would be gone. She would walk out of this room and, quite possibly, out of his life.

In that moment he realized this wasn't what he wanted. Despite the shock and hurt that was tearing through him, he didn't want her to leave. He didn't want...

"Ibra." He stood and crossed the distance between them with sorrow still etched on his forehead and by the sides of his mouth, "I don't want this." He picked up the ring and put it back in her hand, "I don't want to go our separate ways and hope that maybe in another five years one of us will stumble across the other because of a little too much wine." He rested his hand across her cheek.

"I want to make this work. I...as angry as I am, I...losing you will make it worse. So stay. Stay and fight with me."

visualspice

Ibra stiffened upon his return, eyes meeting his but not letting that connection go. If he wanted to look into her eyes and truly see....

By the words...

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she accepted the ring and rested a hand over his upon her cheek. She didn't turn away, but stared into those pained, impassioned depths. 

"I only spoke truth in all my confessions," she told him. "I would never reject your love. If you truly want this.. than yes.. I will always fight with you for this love."

Goldie

He felt hot tears burning in his eyes as she spoke and as he saw her own fall down her cheeks. He was still angry. So angry. He would be angry for a long time and his trust in her was completely shattered but...he wanted to work through it.

"You stupid, stupid woman." He said with an odd mix of fondness and annoyance. His thumb swiped a tear away and he leaned forward to touch his head against hers.

"Why didn't you see me? Why did you leave? I would have dropped everything for you...for our...for our family."

visualspice

Ibra felt her strength betray her as her vision blurred with hot tears and her lips trembled.

"I couldn't stop myself," she Whispered. "I was so blindingly angered, so heart broken I... I didn't even feel like myself. I was so wretchedly emotional..." she blinked back her tears, but they fell anyway. "Something inside me broke. And our son was rhe only thing that kept me from becoming a greater fool."

Goldie

"Just...don't leave again." He said quietly. "I...can't promise I won't be angry...I won't promise that. I can't. But...but I choose you. I want you."

And he was honestly surprised that he meant it. Truly meant it. It didn't change the hurt or the betrayal. But that was love, wasn't it? Love was a choice when things were hard. Love was wanting to work through difficulties.

And he did love her.

visualspice

And she responded on the only means she could.  She wrapped her arms around him and held him fierce and tight. She buried her face into his shoulder and just held him, smelled his scents and felt his warmth.

"I will never break this oath to you," she Whispered softly, and just let the tears fall. 

Goldie

He held her tightly, not realizing until this moment that in all the turmoil, in all the pain that she had caused, he had just wanted to feel her. Her presence was comforting despite the fact it was also the cause. He believed she was sorry just as he believed Faisal was his son.

Relationships weren't perfect. He would make mistakes, too - maybe not of this caliber - but mistakes she would need to forgive just the same. Hell, he had already made the mistake of not chasing after her. He hadn't even really tried because he was afraid of facing the rejection that spilled from that congratulatory letter...their last correspondence.

So for now he just held her. He let himself exist with her. He let himself begin to at least imagine their future where all was forgiven.

And that's what he wanted. As long as she was patient, as long as she would wait for that trust to rebuild, he would have her.

visualspice

Ibra held onto him and would continue to for all eternity. Thank the heavens they'd have this moment alone. Had things progressed differently.. she feared she'd have lost it- and likely him. 

"I do love you, Faraji. " she nestled in, allowing herself this vulnerability. "And I will make up my mistakes to you.. in time."

Goldie

He kissed the top of her head and then held her for a few more moments before pulling away. His good hand brushed away a stray strand of hair and he smiled - a sad smile because the hurt was still raw, but a smile nonetheless.

"I'll hold you to it." He promised, "but first, breakfast and being presentable takes precedence. I'll have a bath drawn for you - that door over there - and have a meal prepared. We can share it on the veranda if you are up for it?"

He also needed to bathe. It had been a long wait by her bedside, not to mention the fun they'd had.

visualspice

She smiled at him tiredly.
"A bath and something to eat sounds lovely. " Although she wasn't sure how much she could keep down... she could feel her body's need for sustenance. She had done a number herself to combat the flood and was still reeling on those after effects- after all, such power came at a cost. Making sands dance in intricate patterns by the winds was one thing, it took a lot of a specific kind of concentration. But to harness the full power of the winds enough to part waters?

She felt like whe could sleep for another week.

"And if it's.. not too much trouble, I might need more medicines when we eat."

Any bit of help would be welcomed. By the books... to think of all she'd awaken unto....
Faraji and her were reunited and now he knew about Faisal...
For that, she felt some of the weight she had been carried lifted.  

A little at a time, maybe she'd begin to feel like her true self again.

Goldie

"Of course." He replied into her hair, holding her tightly one last time before breaking the embrace and turning towards the door where he knew more servants would be waiting for the bell, or for him in person.

"A bath, please. And a hearty breakfast - focus on items for healing and strength." They bowed and bobbed appropriately before bustling off. Faraji caught one of the women's arms, "And new linens. No one likes to rest in a bed smelling of sick."

She nodded and things were set in motion. The bath was drawn and scented with healing herbs and oils, a host of women waited upon Ibra to bring her whatever she needed and were ready to massage her feet and wash her hair - she didn't need to lift a finger if she didn't need to.

And so Faraji left her to go and take care of his own needs, in his own rooms, and allowed his men to help wash away the trials and tribulations of the last few days.

He passed his mother. And said nothing.

visualspice

Ibra could have stayed forever in the bath.  The waters couldn't be hot enough as she stretched out and  closed her eyes. She wasn't sure how long she had fallen asleep, but something caused her to awaken- and her eyes snapped open- and she narrowly dodged the glint of a knife as it struck towards her throat.

The figure moved quickly, swiping again- and the woman was barely able to guard herself, the blade connecting with her arm as she all but stumbled from the bath.

The damn figure moved quickly- dressed plainly but robed and covered- head to toe. She could see the blood scattering the floor from the large gash on her arm and cursed as she considered her options and backed away from the damn assassin.

Clearly they knew who their target was, and they must have been following her for quite sometime. She cursed and reached for the bottle of oils nearest her and hurled them at the damn assassins head before scrambling towards the other end of the room.

Goldie

The servants heard the commotion as they were stationed just outside of the washroom door. They allowed Ibra her privacy as she soaked but were ready for the moment she called for them with fluffy towels draped across their arms - many towels as they had noted the length of her hair and were prepared for it.

At first they thought she might have slipped - they knew it was within Ibra's personality to get out of the tub without calling for assistance - so they were there, in the room, only moments after the bottles began to fly. And they were confused. What were they seeing?

Oh Hakeshna!

One was out of the room and down the hall sounding the alarm while another threw a towel around Ibra to encompass her in a desperate attempt to provide some sort of cover from the hooded figure.