Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Salutations!

Started by Anonymous, May 18, 2006, 09:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Greetings SotE!

I figured I'd better post in here and introduce myself.

My name isâ€"rather, my alias is Yasunari.  Yasu and Yasu-kaijuu are the two nicknames I've achieved from my alias and please, do feel free to call me whichever name you wish.  I'm not picky. :)

A little bit more about me: I'm 20, going on 21 this June.  I'm a college student and I've almost achieved my two-year degree.  I have no idea what I'm going to major in and it's really quite annoying.  Sadly, nothing seems to sound that appealing. ^^;  I'm presently unemployed, but hopefully that will change soon, seeing as I'm going to be doing a lot of job-hunting this summer until I acquire one.

I've been role-playing for about five or six years now.  I started off in Yahoo! Chat and then I was recruited to a RPG called Eyes of Fate.  (I miss that RPG so much!)  When EoF died, I progressed to ezboards.  I played in a few Sailor Moon RPGs designed by one of my friends and also a wolf RPG.  Since then, I've been through a wide range of RPGs from mutants and magic-users to shape-shifters and wolves.

I came across SotE one day while browsing a few affiliate links and although I didn't have intentions on joining at the time, I still remembered this RPG and thus, now I've joined. ^^

I'm hoping it'll be a fun ride.

Anonymous

*wave*

Nice to see more members!

Anonymous

Ah, if its not a fun ride, I'm almost positive it'll be at least memorable.

XDD Have fun with the job hunting >>'

Anonymous

Jonas - *waves back*  Nice to be seen...? xD

Emoots - Yes, yes.  You're probably right. xD  And thank you!  I went job-hunting yesterday and it was actually quite successful. ^__^

Goldie

Why hello there Yasunari!  or Yasu or Yasu-kaijuu!  hahaha!

Welcome to the wonderful world of SotE!  I hope that you enjoy it and that you aren't easily scared by insane people because there are a ton of them here....myself included at times XDD

But anywhoo,  we're all super excited that you've come to help build the population of this magical mystical world of magic-ness!  It's fantastic, the people are fantastic, and I'm sure you'll be fantastic with us!!!

*hugs*

Welcome aboard the USS SotE!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gold"Why hello there Yasunari!  or Yasu or Yasu-kaijuu!  hahaha!

Welcome to the wonderful world of SotE!  I hope that you enjoy it and that you aren't easily scared by insane people because there are a ton of them here....myself included at times XDD

But anywhoo,  we're all super excited that you've come to help build the population of this magical mystical world of magic-ness!  It's fantastic, the people are fantastic, and I'm sure you'll be fantastic with us!!!

*hugs*

Welcome aboard the USS SotE!

Hee!  Thank you kindly, Gold! ^^

Though I think my character still has a few kinks, so it may be a bit before I can actually join in on the fun.  In fact, I'm thinking about just dropping her and making a new character. x__x;  She's suddenly become too serious and too depressing. x__X;;;

Goldie

what I normally do is create a character pretty vaguely and then transform them into the masterpieces throughout the plots they're in!  hahaha, that's how a ton of my characters evolve!  Normally I give them a personality and then from there their pasts come out through rping!

^^;;  given...a lot of my characters have sadistic pasts....very evil creater am I....

So don't worry about being "too sad" because there's no such thing!  Trust me!

Can't wait to see you up and about!!  Maybe we can RP together once you join up a character!

Anonymous

Well, as far as having a character up, I have Nimue.  She's something interesting, I guess.  I don't know. x__x;

My boyfriend's been playing Drakengard 2 lately and I've been watching him play, so the character was kind of inspired by that game. xD;  How geeky am I? Hahaha!

So yeah, I have her profile up if you care to check it out.  I forgot I was supposed to link/list it on my signature.  I'll get right on that. ^^;

Goldie

hehehe, no trouble no trouble!

I've based one or two of my character's after certain books I've read so you're definitely not a geek! XD

I certainly will go check out your profile for fun!  I love reading about different characters!

Speaking of which....I have a ton of profiles that I need to write XDDD

Anonymous

Quote from: "Yasunari"Jonas - *waves back*  Nice to be seen...? xD

Original reply, i'll give you that.

Since you were so kind as to reply *nod*, i shall reveal myself. I'm the resident Chibi-dood, 18, male, british. I'm on a "Shore-leave o' artistry", i need something to spark my imagination of drawing again, i just feel very... unconfident in redrawing Vulpes. Perhaps i should draw Tai.... *ponders* Btw, Tai is the chick in my avatar.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gold"hehehe, no trouble no trouble!

I've based one or two of my character's after certain books I've read so you're definitely not a geek! XD

I certainly will go check out your profile for fun!  I love reading about different characters!

Speaking of which....I have a ton of profiles that I need to write XDDD
Hehe!  Yeah, I'm working on one that's inspired by a fictional character from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede.  There's a witch in there called Morwenâ€"she has to be my favorite character of the series.  She has a collapsable bucket!  How cool is that?!

Okay, so maybe I'm simple and easily amused... ^^;

Quote from: "Jonas"Original reply, i'll give you that.

Since you were so kind as to reply *nod*, i shall reveal myself. I'm the resident Chibi-dood, 18, male, british. I'm on a "Shore-leave o' artistry", i need something to spark my imagination of drawing again, i just feel very... unconfident in redrawing Vulpes. Perhaps i should draw Tai.... *ponders* Btw, Tai is the chick in my avatar.
Tai could be fun to draw.  Give it a go! :)

Or you could just start doodling and see what comes up on your paper.  I do that a lot, but then again, I can't really draw. X__x;

Goldie

Quote from: "Yasunari"Hehe!  Yeah, I'm working on one that's inspired by a fictional character from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede.  There's a witch in there called Morwenâ€"she has to be my favorite character of the series.  She has a collapsable bucket!  How cool is that?!

Okay, so maybe I'm simple and easily amused... ^^;

HOLY CRAP MONKEYS!!!  I Love that series!  They're actually on my shelf dying from being read so many times!  hehehe, I read them to my younger sister a few years ago!  Morwen is amazing, although I have to say my favorite character is Telemain just because he pisses people off so easily XDDD  him and Mendanbar XD  yay for having strange taste!  OH!  and the Gargoyle in the castle! He's fantastic!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gold"HOLY CRAP MONKEYS!!!  I Love that series!  They're actually on my shelf dying from being read so many times!  hehehe, I read them to my younger sister a few years ago!  Morwen is amazing, although I have to say my favorite character is Telemain just because he pisses people off so easily XDDD  him and Mendanbar XD  yay for having strange taste!  OH!  and the Gargoyle in the castle! He's fantastic!

DUDE!  I love Mendanbar!!!!  And yes, that gargoyle is quite hilarious!  I love his snappy comebacks and his grumbling.  I love it when Mendanbar and he butt heads!  It's so great! XD

I'm actually re-reading that series right now.  I just finished the first book and I'm making my way to the second now.  

My books are pretty much in the same condition as yours, but maybe a few years behind yours as far as being near death.  Mine haven't been read quite so much, but they've definitely been read!  I don't know how many times though. Oo;  Maybe 3 to 5 times since I bought the entire series.  

Though, unfortunately, I don't like the fourth book as much as I did the rest of the series.  But I think it's just because I like the original characters the best.  Still, I'm going to read it to complete the series and say I read it all.

But man, that is awesome!  I don't think I've met anyone who's read those books without me introducing it to them first.  That's just AWESOME!

Goldie

tehehehee!!  I was actually introduced by my older sister who owned the books before I took the liberty of taking them off her hands XDDD  I haven't re-read them in a while but the first book especially is dying, while the fourth is still in pretty good shape!  (I use to love only the first in the series and would read it over and over)

But you're right!  Soooo many people don't know about the series and it's such a shame!  Didn't Wrede come out with another book/series recently?  Being away at school has made my connection to the enjoyable book world really shallow because of all the reading I have to do for my Lit. classes!!

Anonymous

Yes, she did, but it's co-written and in first person.  I looked through it once and it was set up like a diary.  I read a bit of it, but I didn't care too much for it.  I'm not particularly fond of first person writing.  I'm very picky about books I read in first person, really.  And I've only come across a few that I actually like.

But if you ever care to look for the books they're written by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer.  The first book is called Sorcery and Cecilia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot.  Either or, you should be able to find it easily.

Thinking about it, I might actually try and read it myself.  Though I'm not entirely sure. x__x;  Like I said, I'm picky and horribly so.

Goldie

understandable!

For me, when I'm reading a book in first person if after I've gotten into the story I still notice that I'm in first person then I know that it's not written well.  I love stories that are in 1st person but it flows so nicely that you don't notice as the story progresses!

I loooooved Jane Eyre...it was fantastic and in 1st person  ^_^

Right now I'm working on Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell (about 800 odd pages, not very far into it yet)

But if you're looking for an AMAZING author check out ANYTHING by Patricia McKillip!  She's FANTASTIC!  One of my favorites of all time!  The Riddle Master Trilogy is probably her best though!  But everything is fantastic...so good

Anonymous

Yeah, when I know I'm reading something in first person that's when I lose interest.  My boyfriend actually had me read an amazing book and it was in first person, but it was so descriptive and insightful it was almost like it was in third.  The author did an amazing job with this book.  I was very glad he had me read it.  It's probably the best first person novel I've ever read, seriously.  Just, wow.

But I will certainly be sure to look for Patricia McKillips when I hit the library next, which will be soon for I have books to return. :)

Rhindeer

Whoa, I coulda sworn I replied to this! My brain, I think, has gone asplodie with finals...though finals are now over (YES!).

HIYA! I'm Rhi aaand...OMGKINGDOMGHEARTSICON!!!

*coughs* Okay, I have done my fangirly deed for the day. >_>

Ah! I feel ya in the whole majoring thing. I'm an English major (been goin' to college for about...jeez...a little over four years now, I believe? Only started at a University, SDSU, last fall) and I've only recently had an epiphany that it might be a good idea to minor in something, too. So, I'll probably end up minoring in computers...website design or something. But aye, declaring majors sucks, and they really rush you along with that. Oi.

ANYWAY! XD I hope you have fun here! <33

Aaaand...*jots down book titles and authors* >_> I like this thread. And I agree! Jane Eyre was awesome! Oh! And don't forget the Sevenwaters Trilogy! I'm also not crazy about 1st person novels, but...that series is great! Gold got me hooked on it. XD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Pleasure to meet you, Rhi! ^^

Yeah, I like Sora.  I think he's darling. xD;  I'm only playing the first one now.  I started once, but the guy who lent it to me took back before I was nowhere near completing the game. T^T  So my boyfriend's friend let us borrow it.  Right now, I'm in Agrabah.  The Cave of Wonders, to be specific.  But yeah...  I really need to finish that game soon. >>;

Anyway, I shall also be sure to look for the Sevenwaters Trilogy.  Is it by Patricia McKillips, too?...  Well, either way.  I'll find it easily enough.  After all, I can hunt for the book online and find who the author is. ^__^

P.S.  Yay for Finals being over!!!  (Mine was, like, two weeks ago. xD;)

Rhindeer

Pleasure to meet you too, Yasunari! 8D

Oh, lucky! My finals ended on Thursday night. XDD

And awww! Sora is darling. Heheh. I love Riku, too. >_> But I tend to always love antiheroes and villains and the like in most books/movies/games. Alas. And whoo! Yes, you must finish it, because then you can play the sequel! I'm currently playing KH2 aaand...I'm not very close to finishing it. But it's so fun! <3

The first book of the trilogy is called Daughter of the Forest and the series is by Juliet Marillier! Very cool series. It's a fantasy story set in Ireland that is based off of Celtic mythology, and it's really beautifully written. Reading it, I totally forget that I'm reading a first person narrative. <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa