Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blind eyes see all

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2006, 09:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(thread is for Yasunari. ^^ Though I'm sure having people join later would be fine.)

He had his reasons for keeping away from the (human)towns and sticking to the forests. Well, aside from the fact that towns were oh-so noisy and all the rush of emotions and voices and scents gave him a headache and threw him terribly off-kilter. Aslah liked people, but not enough to risk his own stability to be around them. Cities weren't good for his kind, anyway. Too dirty, not enough trees... Cities were very much man-made places and man-made places didn't sit well with unicorns.

Especially blind ones that couldn't find their way around.

Forests were different, though. Aslah let the trees guide him, let his hands brush over bark and leaves and brush to find his way. Here, his footsteps were certain and confident. Here, he felt at home. The trees didn't hold it against him for being blind, didn't consider him helpless. He liked that.

Besides, he could fight almost as well as some of the warrriors from his home-town. He'd been trained, and while he still had a long ways to go, he was improving!

Though if he'd happened upon a city, he had his brother and 'pet' with him for help. ...Or had had them there. Currently, the blind boy was picking his way through the brush and calling out Erislan's name, trying to figure out just where his missing younger bother and griffen had gotten off to. The sun had just gone down - Aslah couldn't feel the warmth of it on his skin anymore - which meant they needed to stick together for safety and warmth. And I can't very well do that if I can't find them, Aslah thought. And he couldn't rest until he did find them, so he continued to wander.

They'd seen nothing remotely human-like in the forest for many days. ...Which was why Aslah was surprsised when his hand suddenly touched a different kind of wood. Smoother, constructed -- a house??

Startled, he took a few steps back and stood stock still, listening for the sounds of anyone inside. A hermit, maybe? Hermits weren't always good things. Unicorns - assuming he or she would know what Aslah was, as he looked human enough at the moment - could fetch a very pretty penny in any market place, either alive or dead. That was something Aslah had learned early on.

Wouldn't it figure, the time he needed Eri or Mesa's eyes there for him, and they were no where to be found.

Anonymous

(*squeaks!* I'm excited.  I've been wanting to break in Lilka for some time now. ^__^)

Lilka stood over a brooding pot at her fire place.  As the wood crackled and burned, the cauldron bubbled (as most witches’ cauldrons do, you know).  It contents were nearly heated to perfection and the young witch could hardly wait ‘til it was finished.  She wafted her hand over the steam rising from the pot, allowing her nose to catch a drift of the scent.  Just as she had inhaled the scent, her stomach growled impatiently.  

It was eager to be filled and Lilka could understand why.  She had been busy studying her books this afternoon and had missed lunch.  Before she knew it, it was nearly six in the evening.  She had quickly pulled a few things out of her cupboards (which she had placed an enchantment on so none of their contents would go bad) and threw them together in her pot to make, what she was hoping to be, a decent stew.

The tea was already brewed and the kettle sat on its own personal stump at the center of her quaint, circular table, waiting silently for her as steam streamed from its tin spout.  Her house was filled with delicious scents of the chamomile-peppermint tea and the heavy broth, meat, and vegetables of the stew.

Lilka readied her ladle and dipped it into the cauldron, retrieving some of its brew.  And, just as she was cooling the portion of broth to test its flavor, Lilka sensed something.  Her house fell into complete silence as the periwinkle-eyed witch listened attentively.  Something was walking alongside of her house.  Curiosity sparked, for it wasn’t often she received visitors, Lilka poured the ladle’s portion of the stew back into the cauldron and set the ladle down on her table as she passed it.  

With uncommon grace (at least for a witch, but all the Snell sisters seemed to have this grace), Lilka passed through her small living room and to the door.  Opening it gently, Lilka peered about the door, for it was on the left side of her house she had heard the noise.  Not seeing anything, the witch stepped out of her house, onto her little porch and walked over to the left side of her house.  Standing and staringâ€"blindly, Lilka notedâ€"at her little cottage was a unicorn.  Though most probably would never guess such a thing, unless they did there research, but Lilka was a witch and could easily sense magical creatures (though it had taken many years of training and even after all her training, now, she would still sometimes falter).

“Hello.  Can I help you?â€? the witch inquired gently to the unicorn-boy.  

It was apparent to Lilka that the unicorn was somewhat frightened and he had good reason to be!  After all, so many people hunted down his kind and slaughtered them.  It was a terrible shame, for the more unicorns that die less chance the race of survival.  Even now, unicorns were becoming more scarce and harder to find.  It saddened Lilka to know such things happened to such wonderful creatures.

Anonymous

Startling, Aslah took a few quick steps back, bare feet soundless on the grass. He hadn't sensed the witch at all, which was uncommon. His blindness left his other senses very well tuned, especially his hearing. He imagined if the source of the voice had wanted him dead she'd have done it while he wasn't paying attention, but still... best to keep his distance. Strangers made him a little wary, no matter how harmless they seemed.

After a few seconds of silence, he straightened up a bit, pushing some of the white hair back from his face, or maybe trying to get some of it to better cover the marking on his forehead. He wasn't particularly tall - maybe 5'5", with soft features and large, bluish eyes. All in all, he was rather common looking as far as his race were concerned, but quite pretty in comparision to the human race. He'd had a soft, feminine body once, but the last few years of training and growing left him looking much more like a pretty male rather than a woman, thankfully.

"I'm sorry," he said quickly, finding that his tongue tripped over the words a little. It'd been a very long time since he'd used the common language rather than the one spoken between his own kind. "I didn't mean to intrude. I seem to have... misplaced-" was that the right word? "- my brother and a friend. I don't suppose you've seen anyone else around here?"

Anonymous

Lilka made no advances of approaching the unicorn: she simply stood where she had upon originally addressing him.  He seemed wary and skittish and she was hardly willing to overstep her bounds and frighten this rare being away.  She watched with calm eyes as the unicorn fidgeted and fussed about his hair, her eyes glimpsing the mark that loomed over his brow, justifying her belief of him, indeed, being a unicorn.

He was a fair one, indeed, as most unicorns seemed to be: white hair and pale eyes.  He wasn’t very tallâ€"maybe an inch taller than Lilka, from what she could tellâ€"and although he was fair, he wasn’t feminine.

The unicorn spoke after a moment, his words heavily accented by the Unicorn Tongue.  It was quite interesting and least to say, Lilka was fascinated.  She hadn’t had the pleasure of ever talking to a unicorn before, so she was quite intrigued.  His accent was like one she had never heard before and she could hardly come close to comparing it to any other accent.  Still, despite her fascination, his words were somber.  

His inquiry about his brother and his friend had Lilka thinking.  She hadn’t heard anyone else come along here before him.  Probably, considering his brother and friend were able to see, they spotted her cottage a way’s off and decided to steer clear of it.  Most people did.  Lilka figured they assumed so many things about her cottage, but never came to it to satisfy their curiosity and stop their wariness.  After all, it would be nice to have company every now and then.  

But people always seem to want to believe the worst, Lilka told herself with a small sigh.  But what did she expect?  She was a witch and witches didn’t have a very decent reputation.  In fact, most were poorly thought of.

Indeed, it was a shame that previous witches had gone out and given themselves, and all other witches for that matter, such a bad name.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t say that I have.  Not many people pass by here, I’m afraid,â€? Lilka replied, paused, and then continued: “But if you’d like, I’m sure I have something that could help you find them?â€?

Anonymous

Aslah prided himself on his ability to (usually) sense malintent from others... In this case, he hoped that his feelings were right and this woman didn't have any intention of hurting him. He relaxed visibly, but didn't move.

"Something that could help?" he asked quizically. "How so?" Any help would have been greatly appreciated. It was a large forest, not one he'd likely be able to find his missing companions in anytime soon all by his lonesome, the poor thing. "I'm afraid I don't have anything I could offer you in return for your aid..."

((I posted up most of Aslah's profile on my character-stat pages. ^^ ))

Anonymous

The unicorn seemed to relax a little and Lilka smiled, clearly happy to see that the creature trusted her a little, at least.  It would complicate things otherwise.  The only thing that could help the unicorn locate his companions was in her cottage and if the person, or creature, didn’t trust the owner of the artifact, how was the owner supposed to help the person/creature otherwise?  For Lilka, it was an impossible case because it was simply too heavy to move and if she used magic on it, it could quite befuddle the item’s original enchantment and then what good would it be?

As he inquired about the assistance she could offer, Lilka nodded in reply, saying, “Well, I have a magic looking-glass.  I’m sure you’ve heard of those, yes?  Well, it can show you where your brother and friend are, but I’m afraid not much else.  Still, if they’re anywhere in the forest, I’m sure I’ll be able to recognize the location.  I’ve lived here nearly four years and I believe it’s safe to say that I know this forest rather well.  After all, I’ve done a great deal of exploring.â€?  And on the unicorn’s statement of lacking anything to give her for her aid, Lilka simply shook her head.  â€œThink nothing of it.  I have too many things anyway.  To add more would simply be adding more clutter, though not to say what I have is clutter: it’s simply a lot of stuff.â€?

With that the witch descended off the porch and stood a good yard away from the unicorn.  â€œPlease, do come in and we’ll see if we can locate your companions.â€?  Lilka extended her head, hoping the unicorn wouldn’t take her gesture of assistance poorly.  But it wouldn’t do the creature very well to be stumbling up her steps and she certainly wanted to be the last one to cause such a creature injury.

Anonymous

Aslah pursed his lips for a moment, thinking. Help would be appreciated... Eri and Mesa wouldn't have left the forest without him, it simply wasn't like them. In fact, Eri was probably in a panic and running all over the place looking for him right about now. Sigh...

"Any help would be very much appreciated," he began, taking a few steps towards her though not reaching for her hand just yet. "But I'm afraid in my case, a looking-glass wouldn't do me much good. I'd not be able to see anything it had to show me." And asking this nice woman to not only give him magical aid but also guide him to his brother was more than Aslah was willing to ask for.

Anonymous

(OOC: My apologies for the delay. ><;)

Lilka heard the unicorn sigh and then state his acceptance of her aid.  Needless to say, Lilka happy to be of help, but thought little of it.  After all, what was the point of having such knick-knacks and trinkets without being able to let others use them?  She was quite generous, really, lending all sorts of things to those who asked for them, as long as the persons returned what they borrowed.  Of course, it didn’t always happen.  After all, that ogress still had Lilka’s favorite.  A sigh emitted from Lilka’s lips idly.  It was a shame certain creatures had no regard for promises.  Still, Lilka supposed she was the foolish one: after all, she had been the one believing maybe, in fact, that this ogress would be different from others of her kind.  Obviously, that hadn’t been the case.  It had nearly been three-quarters of a year and the ogress still hadn’t returned the blasted book.  I suppose I’ll have to go out and buy another copy, the witch thought wearily.

As the unicorn approached her, he continued, drawing Lilka from her rambling thoughts.  It hadn’t quite occurred to Lilka to examine the unicorn more closely.  She had simply noted earlier that his eyes appeared a lighter shade of blue than most.  Lilka now realizedâ€"seeing as she was now nearly face to face with the unicornâ€"that the paleness was due to the white clouds of blindness over his eyes.  Truly, a shame.  No wonder he wants to find his brother and friend.  Lilka’s periwinkle eyes held a drift of sadness within them, but the expression was soon gone.  The witch was certain that Aslah would hardly appreciate pity.

“Well, I’ll help you find them.  As I said before, I know this forest rather well, so we’ll go hunt for them together.  After all, I wouldn’t have let you go alone anyway.  There are many threatening things in this forest and while I’m sure you can take care of yourself, I tend to know the safer routes through Draconi.â€?  Lilka smiled, her plump lips thinning somewhat as the smile spread across her pale face.

“Come along.  We mustn’t waste time.â€?  With that, Lilka gently took the unicorn’s hand, hoping he wouldn’t mind her forwardness too much, and began to shuffle towards her porch steps.

Anonymous

A creature like Aslah was hardly concerned with being touched, seeing as how affectionate his race tended to be. They thrived off of physical touch - even when it was something as simple as a touch to the hand. Aslah didn't object to being led, either. He'd grown used to quietly tolerating such things.

The touch did snap his powers awake a bit, just enough that he caught the slightly off feeling residual from Lilka's thinking of her lost item. He might've questioned it right away, except, well, Aslah was no mind reader. He simply picked up on feelings.

"It's dark out, is it really safe to be looking for them now?" he questioned as he was led inside, steps careful and cautious. One had to wonder how he knew it was dark out, but he did and he knew well the dangers a forest like this had to offer when the sun went down.

(No problem. ^_^)

Anonymous

Lilka led the Oena quite graciously into her small cottage.  If the unicorn had the capability of sight, he would have seen that her house was rather cluttered, but clean.  Though she did have a large amount of books stacked in various locations across her floors, bookshelves, and end tables, and quite a few other knick-knacks and trinkets scattered here and there, everything was dusted and taken care of.  Even in the clutter, her books were alphabetized and every type of specific trinket had a place.  

So when it came to her telescopes, whatever their sizes, were all placed by her southeast window.  And all her enchanted rings, which were quite a few unfortunately (her Aunt Brigitta never did know what else to get Lilka for her birthdays), were all huddled into a pile on one of her coffee tables.  Lilka had the intentions of going to a nearby town or the city to sell them off, but she simply never found the time to take such a trip.  There were always so many things to be done!

Either way, Lilka house was clean, but [neatly] cluttered… And it smelled like overcooked stew!

Her stew!  How could she have forgotten?!

Lilka quickly released the unicorn’s hand and rushed over to her cauldron.  She sighed disappointedly at herself.  How could she have forgotten about her stew?

The stew wasn’t burnt, of course, by any means.  Lilka knew herself very well and unfortunately, forgetfulness, especially when intrigued, was one of her faults.  Since she knew that, she had enchanted her cauldron so nothing in it would ever burn.  Pretty smart, don’t you think?  However, the only glitch in that spell was the fact that, although nothing in the pot ever burned, it didn’t mean that the liquids wouldn’t evaporate.  And, indeed, this was one of those times where that glitch had taken full-fledged effect.

As Lilka, hot mitt in hand, pulled the metal hand attached to the fireside from over the fire, she replied to the unicorn’s previous inquiry: “In all truth and honesty, it’s never safe to go looking for anyone in the Draconi Forest at any time, but we should be alright.â€?  Lilka paused for a moment, shaking her head at herself, once again, in disappointment.  She simply couldn’t believe she had forgotten her stew again…  â€œAfter all, it’s only a little past dusk.â€?

Anonymous

(Sorry for slow response. My computer's currently out of commission, so I can really only update from work on my breaks. =_=; Hopefully the problem will be fixed tonight.)

It only took a moment or three before Aslah's curiosity got the better of him and he started exploring. He was so careful, though, that thankfully nothing was knocked over. His idea of 'exploring', of course, was to reach out and feel things, fingertips brushing over anything within reach and taking care not to get anything out of order. He could feel the magic in this place, like a warm tingle up the back of his neck.

The scent of the stew made his stomach a little uncomfortable, but he said nothing of it. "We've been in the forest for a few days; thankfully we've not had any trouble." Until now, at least. "My brother's a decent warrior, and my friend... Well, he's big enough that he scares most potential preditors away."

His head turned in her general direction. "You have an interesting home."

Anonymous

With one last shake of her strawberry-blond topped head, Lilka shuffled away from her fireplace, leaving the cauldron to cool.  The fire had softened into a diminishing flame, which would soon decrease into the glow of embers.  Right now, there wasn’t much Lilka could do about neither her ruined stew nor her growling stomach, which was quite upset now, considering its ruined dinner.  

Still, Lilka had no time to worry about such things.  She simply changed her focus on finding that magic looking-glass.  Although she had many, there was one particular one that tended to be more accurate and helpful than the others.  It wasn’t snooty like the others, nor was it difficult.  It was probably the most cooperative looking-glass she had.  She never did question why: it simply just was.  After all, Lilka knew, unlike most people seemed to, that every object has its own personality: however animate or inanimate it may be.  People seemed to only think that since the object could not move it had no personality.  And though it was true for most disenchanted things, Lilka couldn’t understand why anyone would think that that rule applied to enchanted things as well.  It was just mind boggling!

Lilka shook her head unconsciously as she meandered down the hall, entering the first door on her left.  There was the sound of shuffling and shifting, then a loud crash followed by a string of colorful words I would rather not repeat.  Lilka reappeared shortly after, a little mirror in hand as she waddled down the hallway and back into the main room.  Her expression was somewhat irate and her eyes glowered with annoyance.  Clearly, things had not gone well in the other room…

However, she had what she was looking for.  Still, she knew many of the objects that broke in the other room would be hard to replace.  Some of them were simply not as common as they once had been.

Upon her return, Aslah commented on her house.  Lilka, who was trying not to think about the unfortunate event that had happened in the other room, smiled slightly.  â€œThank you, though I must admit: little of it is my doing.  When I first came to this cottage it already had an interesting feel to it.  I simply accented the feel with a touch of magic here and there…

“But we must stay focused!  Now, if you’ll come with me.  Let’s sit at the table, while we have this little mirror help locate your comrades, alright?â€? Lilka replied, directing the unicorn to her small, circular dining table.

It wasn’t that she was trying to delay, but magic mirrors always seemed to work better in a relaxed and calm atmosphere.  If the mirror sensed that the one using it was in a rush, it would take its dear, sweet time on locating whatever needed to be located.  At least, that’s what Lilka came to learn and since her theory had yet to be proven wrong (and she had tested it out on many of her looking-glasses) she stuck with it, figuring it was better to be safe than sorry.  (The longest she had to wait was four days for one of her mirrors to locate something and she’d rather not go through that again.)

Anonymous

(Sorry I'm kind of barging in, I think this is where you wanted me to post. Anyway, I hope you like how I'm playing the character.)

Wira Snell brushed a loose peice of her hair behind her ear starting to get irritated at how many times that strand would fall out of a pony tail. It was just simply amazing. It didn't matter how tight she tied it, or how many products she used. It was just so frustrating. Rolling her eye's about it she bent down to pick the last ingrediant she needed from her garden. Then just as she was about to stand up, to her dismay, that dratted strand of dark blue almost black hair fell over her eye's. Giving an annoyed grunt she pushed it back behind her ear and stood up wondering how much time a day she spends trying to keep her hair out of her face.

Deciding it wasn't worth the agrivation she sighed taking the red ribbon out of her hair and re-tieing it. It was only then that she noticed it was dusk, and decided to go home. Lifting up her basket she did just that. Her garden was a little ways off from the house so she had unfortunatly missed the conversation between her sister and the unicorn. When she did reach the house she was still trying to think of something to do with her hair other than cut it, and she was so absorbed that she didn't even notice the prescence of the unicorn.

Wira walked up to her door and opened it to find the smell of overcooked stew and rolled her eye's saying to half to Lilka and half to herself, "Well doesn't that smell lovely." Even as she did so the thought was passing her mind as she moved some books off of a counter and began unloading her basket, which was full of vegtables that she was sure would be useful for the stew. Only half way through her work she turned around to the dining table, where she had glanced Lilka. As she did a gasp escaped her lips and she began to introduce herself, "I'm so sorry. I'm Wira, Lilka's sister. If I had known company would be over I would have been home." She gave him a smile before turning back to the rest of the vegtables, and then put the basket away while wondering how she couldn't have noticed a unicorn in her house.

Anonymous

Aslah did as he was bid, moving his way to the dining table and taking a seat with his hands folded neatly in his lap. He didn't attempt to reach out for the magical item, in fact, he didn't seem to even want to touch the table, either. Perhaps he was concerned that his magic might interfere with the magic of the looking glass. It'd happened a few times before... the magic of other creatures and mages going a little awry because Aslah wasn't quite in complete control of his own magic and abilities.

But still... he tried to remain focused and calm as Lilka instructed, though that was difficult once the presence of another made itself known in the house. Aslah sat up straighter, tail curling slowly, and his head turned in the direction of the new person.

"Ah..." he started a little, then dipped his head politely. "I'm an unexpected guest, please don't mind me." And then, because Wira had introduced herself, he added, "It's nice to meet you, Miss Wira."

Anonymous

(Long post. x__x;)

Lilka seated herself opposite of the Oena.  The room setting was perfect: calm and tranquil with no impatience lingering inside the cottage.  However, the quietness and tranquility of the house was short-lived, being interrupted by Lilka’s older sister Wira, who was bringing in a bushel of vegetables from the garden.  

Lilka looked at her sister rather irately; her annoyance from the happenings in the other room hadn’t quite worn off yet and her sister’s scurrying about only bothered the strawberry blond-haired witch even more.  And just when Lilka thought she couldn’t be anymore more annoyed, Wira simply had to mention the stew.  Lilka gave her older sister a side-glance glare, but bit her tongue, considering there was company over.  And Lilka hardly wanted to start a typical Snell Argument in front of the unicorn, so she simply let her sister alone.

Just as Lilka was going to continue on her instructions as far as magic mirrors went, Wira finally took notice of the fair unicorn.  Lilka sighed, shaking her head.  Apparently, things were not going to go the way she had planned the rest of the evening after her other room incident.  Lilka was hardly superstitious, but maybe seven years bad luck did, in fact, exist.  But it was only a small crack! the witch told herself in slight frustration.

When the introductions had finished between Wira and Aslah, Lilka looked at Wira. “Wira, we’re conducting a location spell and you know how anal these mirrors are, so please don’t rush anywhere,� Lilka instructed simply.

Her attention then turned back to the unicorn, “Now, what I need you to do, Aslah, is keep your brother and friend fresh in your mind throughout the incantation.  Otherwise, it won’t be able to find your companions.â€?  Lilka then looked at her sister.  â€œ You know the rules, sister.â€?

The objective of this spell was that everyone in the room had to be thinking of the same exact people.  No one’s thoughts could stray onto anything else.  The thoughts had to be focused or else the mirror would never be able to locate whatever the person was specifically looking for.  (Lilka had learned that the hard way.)

Lilka looked between her sister and the unicorn and when she was certain they were focused, she recited the incantation:

<center>Magic mirror in my hand,
Show us whom we seek in this land.</center>

The looking-glass fogged over with smoky clouds that twisted and turned as the mirror searched for the persons Aslah, Lilka, and Wira wished to locate…

Anonymous

After listening to the unicorn she smiled and nodded toward him. She was about to go back to the vegtables on the counter when Lilka spoke up. Sighing Wira sat down at the table. She hated just sitting still. That's why she never did get along to well with the mirrors. There was just too much to be done to just sit here, but being a witch she was able to do it anyway.

Then Lilka began speaking again though this time she was addressing the unicorn until the last sentence where she mentioned the rules. Wira just rolled her eye's before blanking her mind from thoughts of anyone or anything so that she wouldn't confuse the mirror, and she was sure that Lilka was doing the same thing, meanwhile the unicorn thought of his companions.

Once they were concentrating Lilka recited the incantation and the looking glass fogged over searching for who they wished to see. Wira leaned slightly over the table to look at the mirror meanwhile keeping her mind clear of thought.

Anonymous

Aslah took a slow breath, eyes not closed but thick lashes lowered halfway over his cloudy eyes. If it was one thing Aslah was good at, it was concentrating and staying nice and still and clear-headed. It was something he'd had to learn long ago if he wanted to be able to blind-fight.

Picturing his brother and the griffen was, however, a little more difficult. His brows drew together in a small frown. How did a blind person picture someone in their heads? There were little things that he could put into feelings and words - Mesa's silky soft fur and feathers, Eri's calloused hands and the worried tone of his voice and the warmth of his wings... He wasn't sure if thoughts like that helped, but he thought of them all the same because it was really all he could do.

((Eri and Mesa are in <a href="http://spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2702&highlight=">this</a> thread, if that helps. ^^))

Anonymous

[Thanks for your patience, you two!  I finally got my reply up. ^^; (Yay for days off!)  Sorry it's so short. ><;]

The clouds in the hand mirror shifted and swirled in the glass as the magic mirror continued to search for Aslah’s companions.

Lilka did her very best to keep her mind open and clear, not allowing anything to distract her.  She simply kept her eyes closed, keeping her eyes off anything that might cause her thoughts to stray.  She was, quite simply, easy to distract, so fixed concentration was quite a task for the strawberry blond witch.  What some would find quite easy was quite a challenging task for Lilka.

The mirror shuddered slightlyâ€"a common thing it did when it found who- or whatever it was searching forâ€"and Lilka opened her eyes.  The clouds cleared and Lilka studied the picture that came into sight.  There in the picture it showed a griffin and another Oena.  Lilka smiled as she studied the two’s surrounding area.

“They aren’t far from here at all!  They’re just a smidge northwest of here near that one lakeâ€"you know which one I’m talking about, Wiraâ€"the one where that Jenny Greenteeth* used to live,â€? the twenty-some-year-old witch chattered.

The short witch turned thoughtful for a moment, mumbling something about it being a pity she never had tea with the Jenny Greenteeth, something about it being said the old water hag was quite a nice one despite her species horrible reputation.  But Lilka seemed to wave that thought away with an idle sigh and a shrug.

�Well, shall we go then?� the witch queried with a smile, looking to the Oena as she rose from her chair at the small dining table.

*a green water Hag with long hair and sharp teeth that is fond of grabbing the ankles of those who stand too close to, or wade into the water, and pulling them underwater to drown.

Anonymous

(I'm sorry guys you'll have to bare with me here. I can only be on the computer when I'm at my grandmothers house because mine was flooded, so I won't be able to post as much as usual. I will try to get on though. Oh, and sorry for the shortness but I'm kinda distracted right now.)

The mirror soon cleared and they saw his companions; Lilka explaining where they were, and chattering away. For a second Lilka seemed preoccupied but soon shrugged it away asking if they should go now. Sighing Wira also stood saying, "I'll acompany you. I might as well seeing as I don't need to sit here worried about you all night. Plus my vegtables will be here when I come back."

With that she brushed her hands off against her skirts and walked to a mirror hanging on the wall above the pile of clutter . She had just noticed that strand of hair had managed to pop back out of her pony tail, and decided to fix it before leaving. It only took two seconds. Then as she walked back she said to her sister, "You really should go through all of this stuff, or get a garage or something. This is starting to become rediculous." She loved her sister and even though she didn't mean to sound like a mother to her sisters Wira always had to act that way. It just came with the job of being the oldest. No matter how old they would get Wira would always be protective of them.

Anonymous

Aslah rose as well, a wide smile on his face, looking more relieved than anything else. "Lets, yes." Oh, he wanted to see (no pun intended) his brother again badly... Thankfully this hadn't been as difficult as he'd feared. And Aslah did so look much better when he was really smiling.

"I honestly don't know how to thank you enough," he added, slipping over towards the door carefully, miraculously managing not to run into anything. "I'd never had found him on my own."

((Short, sorry. And I apologize for taking so ungodly long. >.< Things here have been hectic.))