Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mountains High Calling (anyone)

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2006, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saat'bas felt a pained sort of sympathy for the boy.  He was obviously very frightened of what was happening.  It was understandable.  There were few who'd care to be controlled by some foreign spirit in their own body.

Saat'bas laid a gentle, steadying hand on the lad's back.  His words came with the same feeling behind them.  He honestly meant to try and soothe the boy.

Has spoken with this spirit.  Did it cause the fire here.  Has the spirit gone back in his mind.  Perhaps he caused it to go back?

--------------------

(OOC:  Pardon the badness, Saat'bas is being difficult XP)

Goldie

He couldn't take it anymore...this talk of spirits!  There was nothing wrong with him!  Nothing at all!  He had some illness, that was it...an illness...

"There is no spirit." he repeated again, first with acceptance slowly entering his voice, the next with anger, "I don't know who you're talking to, but it's not to any spirit within me!"

With that he forced his feet to move and took off up the mountain trail.  He didn't know what was wrong with him, but talking to that green guy was certainly not going to help his sanity.  Who the hell looked like that any ways?  It was unnatural, and certainly not healthy.

You're angry....  there it was, the voice again.

Who are you? it was the first time that Kai had ever thought about talking back to the voice, with the intention of actually speaking.  Are you the spirit?  The thing that green guy mentioned?

There was a pause.

Ahh...so you're finally coming to acknowledge me.  Kai couldn't help but shudder at the sound of his voice in his head.  It was grating and felt full of dangerous energy.

"I don't acknowledge what I know doesn't exist." he replied out loud, bitterness thriving on his words.

ooc: I know what you mean O_o  I had to wring my mind dry to write this one.....

Anonymous

Saat'bas didn't try to stop him.  There seemed very little he could do.  The lad was upset, but wasn't accepting his attempts at comfort.  He didn't feel he could just abandon the boy, however, so he trailed behind silently.  He kept to the shadows of the trees, hoping to remain hidden and not cause the mortal more vexation.

He could hear the lad's words and he shook his head.  The boy would only hurt himself if he refused to acknowledge the truth.  Possessive spirits don't usually reliquinsh their hold without being forced.  If what he had been told was true, it might not even be possible without some help from a deity.

Saat'bas wasn't about to try and contact one on the mortal's behalf, though.  He had his limits.  He preferred not to draw the attention of a world's gods and goddesses.  There always seemed to be at least one who objected to his presence or his activities.  As long as the lad made it to some other village safely, he could be satisfied.  The lad could possibly find someone who could offer him the assistance he needed.

--------------------

(OOC:  It's ok.  If you need to take Kai off to somewhere else, I've left my post open for that.)

Goldie

ooc: unless you want to move Saat'bas on, I'm fine with staying!  But perhaps we should call the future for more people?

He didn't know why he was so angry....possibly it was the only way he could hide his soul splitting fear..but mostly it was because he didn't want to admit that the words made sense.  Not on the surface at least.  Deep in his heart he knew that it was true, and in the truth tried to itch forward from the back of his mind.

No, he wouldn't let it.  He was Kai, he had some issues, yes, but he wasn't about to give into something that had no proof!  He blacked out, he actually woke up on the ground.  That was proof enough to point that he just happened to black out and fell over.  He wouldn't show his fear of the possibility of truth.  He was tired of running away.

But what else could he do?  If the fires followed him, then there was no place safe!

Unless....

Unless there was a land, somewhere, against all odds, that would not be destroyed by fires but flurish.  There he could be himself, and if the fires followed he would have nothing to fear.

But where in the world could a place like this exist?

A desert, a small voice whispered into his mental ear.  It wasn't any spirit, but reason.  Yes....a desert....that would be safe from flames....perhaps....perhaps he would be able to find something like this?  Maybe...

Not likely...but maybe....

He stopped short, the hairs standing up on the back of his neck as he realized he was being followed.  Turning around he looked straight at the green thing and raised his eyebrows, taking in the creature that stood before him for the first time.  He had been too obsessed with himself to realize that he..it...she....um...the thing, was definitely not human...and had some gender issues apparently.

Sheesh....and Kai thought the he himself was a freak!

"So...what are you?"  he initially wanted to scream at him to go away, but this question seemed more important.  At least, important to the curious.

Anonymous

(OOC:  If you know anyone you want to invite in or might be interested, it's fine by me ^.^ )

--------------------

Saat'bas came out from the shadows.  He hadn't called his wings in yet, he thought they might be useful still.  They rested, folded, against his back.  His steps brought him closer, but he stopped a few feet away.  He tilted his head slightly at the boy's question.  Is of LIfe.  Is of Nature.

He was quiet for several seconds.  It was possible the boy hadn't been taught much about immortals or related things.  He wasn't certain how much of himself was known.  Enough that the strange man had managed to track him and call him by name.  But that man had been a hunter in spirit, so it might simply be he had the skill to search out obscure information.

Saat'bas continued, his tone simply one of curiosity.  Does he know of the magic creatures of this world?  Does he know they exist?

Goldie

He rolled his eyes at the reply.  Jeez...what kind of answer was that?  They were ALL of life and of nature...hell, they probably all grew on plants at one point in time.  How the hell was THAT an answer?

"Well duh." he was going to reply, but something made his stop.  Even though it seemed so obvious...it fit.....he couldn't put his finger on why, but it fit him...it really, truly did.

Odd....

"Of course I know magic creatures exist.  I'm not that sheltered.  I came from the Sea Village people.  We all have magic to control water, even if it's weakly."  he paused, his shoulders slumping, "Well....at least everyone else does.  I've never been much good with water."  he he didn't know why.

ooc: aaaahhh! crappy crappy crappy>_<

Anonymous

(OOC:  Sorry for the absence, it wasn't planned)

--------------------

Saat'bas nodded.  He raised a hand, making an odd noise that could barely be heard.  In a moment, a small gathering of butterflies flit around the two.  He waved his hand slightly and the insects circled higher.  His head tilted, his closed eyes now on the boy again.  Then should he not expect to meet one during his life?

Goldie

Immediately he took the defensive.  He didn't like being viewed as simple, or as dim-witted.  This creature seemed to be very condescending in the way he spoke and it didn't suit Kai at all.

He was not sheltered, in the sense that most people viewed the world.  In fact, he knew a lot about the world despite being locked up for the majority of his childhood.  Being in that solitary room without windows strengthed his sense of hearing and he would sit at night with his head pressed up against the bolted door simply listening.  He heard his parents talking with doctors from all over the world, he listened to stories that were told around the table.  They were all intriguing and captivated the young boys attention.  Those murmurings were his bedtime stories and although he was restless during the day, when they began to mutter at night, he was content with his prison.

Until that one night....

No he thought fiercely to himself.  He would not remember that night....no....there was nothing to remember!

"Of course I'd run into them." he replied defensively, "It's just....you'd expect to see feathers, or wings, or something...but you...." how the hell would he put this?  "you're green."  bluntly.