Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seiteki

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2006, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Yaaay! I was bored, so I re-drew Seiteki and gave her a new top *nods* Even though she's not born yet o_O;  I've yet to draw the wings (... whee) aaand... Yeah...  I have a feeling she'll be rather... mean.... >_> It looks kinda weird small, but it's -huge- when it's not so... xP Unless you want to get a -really really- close look, don't click on it.

Anonymous

Very cool. Although i feel i must point out her wings appear to be too low (from the sketch i am seeing there) on her back. They should really be connected to where the shoulderblades would naturally be.

Anonymous

... have you ever seen bird wings? 8D If so, you would know about the extra join that points towards the bottom so they can fold their wings properly before the entire -big- wing part happens. I have no clue what it's called, but it's there. I've had winged characters forever and have actually looked at birds to figure out how to draw the evil things (wings)

*pets Jonas* I know how to draw wings, yes they're attached to her shoulder blades, and without that extra wing joint pointing down, wing closingage would be near impossible because they would just stick out. ^_^ aaand, if you look closely you can see the outline part for her wing in pencil going from her back ;P

*gets all possesive of how she draws wings*

Goldie

I can tell that her wings come from her shoulders!  The left side (viewing) gives a better image of it, but I can certainly tell!

but.....I think it would be really fun to have a character which wings protruding from his/her lower back/butt area

XDDDDD

Anonymous

XDD They'd certainly fly funny.

Anonymous

*grumbles and pouts* Still looks too low..

Goldie

:-P  zoom in and look at the left side.  You can see it go up to her shoulderblades ^_~  the right side does look like it ends too low if you don't understand that the wings bend!  Bendy Wingses and Thingses!

>_>

Anonymous

Yush. *-* I'm horribly picky when i draw wings, don't worry, if they weren't wing-like they wouldn't have been drawn, and, Jonas, i agree with you, the wing dosn't look right on the ... right, but, I assure you XD it's coming from her shoulder blade.

Anonymous

*points, but still pouting* So long as it does... So long.. *shakes fist*

Been watching too much simpsons.

Anonymous

With wings now! Wheeee!! They suck horribly. *pout*

Anonymous

Marvelous, but i still think they should've been raised half a centermetre. Depends how long the point between the elbow and shoulder-blade is i guess.

Anonymous

Well then, next time I have the urge to draw Seiteki I'll get you to draw her since you could probably do so much better regarding her wings. -.-

Anonymous

Fine! Maybe i could! *sticks out tongue* I -was- trying to conduct helpful critism in reguard to the length of her forewings, but nuuuu you threw it back at my face!  :lol:  :P

Anonymous

It wasn't very helpful, I mean, common you think wings just go up out of the shoulder blade instead of being bird like with that extra joint. And honestly, I already said the wings suck, -you- don't need to point out to -me- why they suck and how I can fix them just because I didn't point out the mistakes myself.

Also, I would looove to see you draw a pair of wings, feathers included, and not have it suck... Really.

Anonymous

When did i even say it sucked or even to remove the joint? I simply explained i felt they needed raising in comparison to the body, as my own opinion, since in my objective vision they appeared too low from the shoulder-blades.

As for pointing out how they suck, i think they look great. If you want to take my points negitively, do so. But i'm not going to simply shut up, you obviously post pictures for compliments and assistance in point of view, of which i have provided both of. I just expressed myself in a way that compliments my personality, of which now is a slightly more sore region of my being. And i'm still refraining from being insulting, this is a matter-of-factly type of mood.

How was i to know where you thought they looked wrong? By expressing point of view, it can often open up "oh yeah, now that you mention it..." or things the artist may not have considered.

I would love to see me draw wings too, and a decent set too. Perhaps i'll chibi'ise one of Sola's characters, since he's an angel ;)

Now i don't want to see people moaning or complaining that we're fighting or arguing. As far as i'm concerned, this is a discussion without flames or heated debate.

Thanks for reading (assuming you did lol)  :wink: