Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

From the Abyss he came (Daft! I summon thee!)

Started by Anonymous, October 07, 2006, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He watched her carefully as she tried to figure things out, inspected to make sure she was okay. Drink her blood? That was a bit much. True he enjoyed the taste of blood once in a while, in small quantaties, but to actually drink it didn't seem to make much sense to him. He did still watch her carefully though as he shrugged to her question.

"Not blood." He said simply to her, contiuning to keep his eyes focused on her. She was slowly figuring it out, putting it together just as one would put a puzzle together. He smiled lightly, a bug that flew by caught his interest for a moment, before he returning his attention to her. She understood that he fed on emotions, on magic and the like, and he grinned. She was a smart one indeed.

"Would you...have been scared? Terrified? Understood? I needed...lots...lots of energy...This was final way." He told her simply, going back to lying down again in boredom as he watched her.

"You not truly hurt. Scratches here there...no serious...toxin gone..." He explained to her, his tone was quiet as he still kept a level gaze on her. His tail whipped back and forth as he watched her, smirking slightly.

"You good prey."

Anonymous

Bella dropped her hands from her arms as she looked to him, and shook her head at his question. He had a point, about most other people. They wouldn’t have agreed, but Bella always seemed more than willing to help those in need.

â€œNo, no I wouldn’t have been. I would have helped. Don’t you think chasing me, paralyzing me, and then making me think I was going to die would scare me enough! Or you could have done something a bit less dramatic, like, threaten to hurt me if I didn’t do some sort of spell. But to paralyze me!â€? She sounded much like a mother scolding a child that had stolen a cookie or piece of candy.

When he leaned back and simply stared at her, she stared directly back with those bright green eyes, and turned her eyes down to the tattered tunic and the cuts.

“It’s still an injury. It doesn’t matter, either way. They’ll be gone by tomorrow. And prey! I am certainly not prey, so stop referring to me as such. And whatever you do, please don’t do…what you did to any of the people in the village. Just…ask.� She said and let her heavy eyelids fall shut as she thought once more.

“You can’t speak common that well, can you?� She asked him after a moment, feeling a pounding headache coming on, but she said nothing of it was once more those eyes were locked onto him, this strange and unusual creature.

Anonymous

"Pain is...not...care." He really couldn't express himself to her, to figure out what it was that he wanted to say. He just decided to move on really, ignoring all of that. He watched her as she talked to him some more.

"Common...not...common in...Abyss." Nazarul explained to her as he tapped his chin before watching her carefully. She had tried to explain to him that he should just ask, but he laughed quietly, a very strange one for that matter.

"For me it better to inspire fear anger in person...I need emotions...dark emotions...so tangible for Nazarul..." He hated this common speech, it was so strange to him. Slowly his claw extended, his index digit at least as he began to write strange runes on the ground.

"Kicked out of Abyss...Banished for keeping things." He said suddenly as he made a sad little murring sound. He was indeed sad that he had been kicked out, but right now he was happy that he had found something to feed off of right off the bat. He crossed out the runes on the ground, knowing that something bad would happen if he kept them intact.

"You are prey. You..have not told name, so prey is what I call."

Anonymous

Bella nodded her head as she heard him, figuring as much. At least he knew a few words and was getting by on conversation, although at some parts it was hard to understand what he was trying to get at. But, Bella was intelligent enough to put bits and pieces together and get a general idea of what he was trying to say.

“I’m pretty sure that if you threaten someone, they’ll get pretty scared.� She said with the attempts of a grin, although she was sure it came out as more of a grimace than an actual grin. So, she wasn’t mad at him for what he’d done to her? No. He didn’t understand, she thought. She couldn’t be upset with someone for not understanding certain things. He was feeding. It was apparently how it was done in his race or culture. She was understanding enough to know that she couldn’t hate or be upset with him for simply following his instincts.

“Keeping things?� She asked, and when she saw what he was drawing in the ground she quickly reached a hand out to erase the runes, but he got to it first. She exhaled heavily and looked up at him while tucking a dark red strand of hair behind her ear.

“Don’t draw those unless you’re meaning to do something.� She spoke in a firm tone, before leaning back a bit from him. When he spoke of calling her prey she gave a sigh and brushed her fingers through her hair which was currently a mess.

“Bella. Call me Bella, not prey.� She spoke out to him, pressing a hand to her chest, indicating that she was indeed Bella.

Anonymous

Nazarul admitted that this woman was indeed one of the strangest creatures he had met. She stayed, simply speaking. She hadn't run away afterwords, she didn't even seem that distressed. He was rather impressed by her conviction and strength of will. It was endearing, and it meant that he could probably have repeat feedings. However...he would never have the same thrill and rush of emotions from her as before. She would no doubt willingly let him feed off her magic now.

"I was threat to you...worked very well. Feeding without...prey emotions...not as satisfying. Prey was lucky...lucky Nazarul isn't mating seaoson" He told her, pretty sure he got the message across. Yes, just like most animals the Demni had a mating season. Of course, without any other Demni in this realm, mating seasons would have to go unnoticed. He slowly stood up and stretched, his tail flicking about as he watched her carefully. She really didn't seem to like the runes, but at least she finally told him her name.

"Bella." He said simply repeating it and storing it away in his mind for later use. He lay back to look at the runes and then to her.

"You...understand Abyssal runes?" He asked as he looked down to the runes than to her. He found it was impossible she could understand, but a little exciting at the same time. It meant they might have a better form of communication, or at least, she might know how to make a rune to better understand each other.

"Bella need....kom'tesh rune." Blast it, what was the common equivalent of kom'tesh? He couldn't think of it at the moment, so he would have to explain.

"Rune...that allow you to hear me talk Abyssal...and you understand and talk Abyssal back." The word he was looking for was translator, but for the time being he couldn't remember the complicated word.

Anonymous

Bella rolled her eyes in his direction and nearly made the sign of some goddess across her chest, nearly.

“Mating season, gods. Yes, aren’t I a lucky one.� She said and brushed her mess of hair from her face. She supposed he had a point. If that was how they fed, from the fear of others, from that chase, from the terror and anger, then he had done what he had needed to do. However, she still found the paralysis a little much for such a thing as feeding from magic.

As her hand swept away from of the runes she tilted her head up to him at his question. After a moment she shook her head and continued to sweep them away.

“No, I don’t understand these. Although, I do know what runes are, what they look like, and the damage they can do. I can do a few runes that I’ve studied, but I’m more skilled in saying spells and simply concentrating on it. It’s difficult to explain.� She waved a hand to dismiss what she had said, before hearing him try to get her to understand what this kom'tesh rune was.

“Oh, a translator from common to Abyssal. I don’t know how to do those with runes I’ve read, and I doubt I’d know how to do an Abyssal one. Draw it, let me see what it looks like. And it best be a translator rune, not something dangerous.� She told him, leaning back to rest along her heels as her arms crossed over her chest, watching and waiting to see if he would draw the rune. She had to admit that this translator would make communication a lot more easier. She was now starting to regret that she hadn’t studied more on runes.

Anonymous

He was crestfallen that she didn't understand them, but that wasn't a very big setback. Well, at least she knew what a rune was and how it worked. He looked about for a rock of some sort. He could make the right rune on a rock she could keep on her person. His eyes scanned and finally found a suitably small rock. Snatching it up he looked at it carefully, cleaning it off. Then he began to etch something on it with his claw, making a precise mark on the face of the rock.

"There." He looked proudly at the rock before setting it down. It wasn't very big, no bigger than a pinky fingernail to say the least. He took a step back as he watched the rock flare up, a purple glow and smoke rising from the object. He watched as the runes he wrote slowly died down until they were black and smoldering. Snatching the rock up he inspected it. Still a little warm, but it worked.

"Now you can...hear Abyssal..." He held the rock out to her proudly, this was a rather big accomplishment for him. He had never actually made a translator object, but he had known about them. Maybe he should make more of these for later. Of course, he would need pockets to keep them in, something he lacked.

"Just keep near you...against skin, and Abyssal will sound like common. You still talk common, I can understand that." He told her with a nod of his head, trying to reassure her of it. He really hoped this worked, he had written all the runes carefully. He just hoped she didn't start spouting any strange languages.

"Take...put against skin...in shoe or somewhere." He honestly should have thought this out better put the runes on a pendent or a ring. Later perhaps, when he had the time and the resources.

Anonymous

Bella leaned forward as he began to work on the surface of the small rock, blinking as she tried to shift in such a way that she could actually look at what was being drawn. When he set it down and took a step she pushed herself back a bit, watching as there was a purple glow and smoke. As he held the rock out she reached forward hesitantly, before finally her slim fingers plucked it from his hand and she looked at the marks, almost trying to memorize them, just so she knew what they looked like.

She held the rock in her fingers as she looked up to him. Before putting it in her boot or anything like that, she wanted to at least see if it worked. A part of her was eager to see if it worked, leaning forward slightly. Anything that involved magic, and she considered this as magic, she grew excited about. If it did work, she’d have to pester him into showing her how these runes worked.

“So…you can understand me fine now? And I’ll be able to understand you?� She asked slowly, her fingers brushing along the rock as she waited to see if it had worked and they would be able to communicate on some level.

Anonymous

"I could always understand you. Common is such an easy language to understand. However, conversing in the language for me is much more difficult. " He explained to her. If she looked carefully she would notice that his mouth was not matching the actual words he said. Indeed the rock had worked perfectly, which was rather suprising for him. He knew it worked though, he could see the runes on the stone from here glowing ever so slightly.

"Ah, this is much better don't you think? We're able to converse on roughly the same level." Nazarul said as he sat up to watch her carefully, his arms crossing over his chest to watch her.

"I would like to apologize for earlier Bella. In the Abyssal world feeding on magic is not common, however in this realm I am able to devour magic and negative emotions as a food source. However, you were really godo prey." He told her with a grin, flashing his teeth.

"I am surprised that you stuck around. Most of my victims tend to run and spread a large extravagent lie about me. I've even been accused of some dstardly things. It's a little insulting sometimes." Nazarul told her with a small chuckle, shaking his head.

"You are not truly injured though are you? I am pretty sure that none of my bites or scratches were that deep." Nazarul slowly lay back down, his tail whipping behind him as he watched her carefully, his glowing eyes upon her.

"Did you enjoy it though? Deep down I mean. There have been times when some of the emotions are not...negative. It is disturbing sometimes when the pain and fear becomes excitement and pleasure..." He actually shuddered once, a deep shudder that ran through his body.

"Positive emotions are okay...but not during feeding..."

Anonymous

Bella leaned forward as he spoke, the rock now clutched tightly between her slim fingers. She could understand him perfectly. No fragmented words or words that meant nothing to her. They were actually conversing. She gave a slow nod at his question before breaking into a gentle laugh.

“Yes, this is much, much better than before. I can…I can understand you!� She said and managed to tug one hand away from the rock to sweep her deep red hair from her face, before the hand immediately went back to the rock.

“No, no it’s fine. Although, stop with all this prey business. I’m letting you off easy about the chasing and paralyzing business, but you know my name.� She scolded him, leaning back to rest more comfortably along her heels, her hands cupped along her thighs with the rock settled peacefully within her palms.

“I believe I’m fine. I’ve received far worse, and I’ll have them all healed up by tomorrow. They’ll be an old memory.� She said with the flash of a smile, fingertips brushing lightly over the surface of the rock.

At his question, Bella gripped the rock within one hand, and the other began to fumble with her thick hair, finally becoming content with pushing it behind her shoulder. She had abandoned all hope and actually getting the stubborn hair into a bun once more, so about the shoulders it was.

“I…I couldn’t recall exactly if I did feel…that. I was having a hard time dealing with the lack of mobility.� She retorted over to him, before giving a gentle smile to show she meant no harm with her words. Her tongue brushed along her lower lip and she shifted her position so that her fingers could slide the rock down into her worn, leather boot.

“I’d much rather stick to the positive emotions. They are much more enjoyable, and they won’t go and turn my hair grey earlier than necessary.� She joked before slowly falling to silence.

Anonymous

Nazarul smiled lightly as he continued to watch her with interest. He was really glad that it had worked properly. As if there were any doubt of course! He was Nazarul Demni! Creature from the abyss and second in command to the Demni empire! Er. Demni clan maybe. There weren't THAT many of them to be an empire. Yet.

"It almost sounds like you doubted my abilities Miss Bella." Nazarul said calmly, keeping a level gaze upon Bella as he shifted slightly where he lay.

"My common was never strong. In the Abyss you don't speak Common because many of the creatures there don't understand it. We recently just started to explore outlying realms. However...due to my own fault and stubborness I decided not to share some things with my own people and well...here I am now." Nazarul told her with a frown as he flipped over onto his back to stare upwards.

"I apolgoize for my behavoir though, and for calling you prey all the time. I am unused to knowing the names of my...meals. For a lack of a better word, you were a meal, food, prey, but you are lucky. Some of my comrades aren't as...nice when it comes to feeding, at least. There are a lot more creatures that would have liked nothing more than to tear your throat out and eat you slowly." Nazarul told her, knowing that perhaps he had spoken a litlte more than he wanted but...he was eager and lonely. It wasn't everyday that he got to actually talk to someone without them fearing him.

"I do wish sometimes that the paralysing poison my body creates would also stop a person from feeling pain and the like. Sometimes. Without pain...what good is it?" He said to her with a small smirk.

"I am...excited by fear and terror in people's eyes, how they prespire as their mind races. What does this shadowy creature want? What does it mean by five minutes? What will it do to me? Why did it choose me?" Nazarul gave another visible shudder as he flipped over onto his stomach to watch her with a small smirk.

"It's a shame really that you know all this. Means I'll only be able to drain your magic now, and not feed off your emotions. Hm, no matter I guess. Magic is still delicious really, but without that fear...it's no good. Though, you have to admit Miss Bella, it got your blood pumping hm? Had your adrenaline going?" He was curious how these humanoids acted towards his method of feeding and the like.

Anonymous

Bella visibly winced as he described the feeding of the other of his kind. A hand reached up to curl around the back of her neck, almost as if chasing the thoughts from her mind. That was certainly something she didn’t need to know. All that mattered was that he hadn’t ripped her eyes out and eaten her slowly, and for that she was grateful.

“You really are going to pry until I give you an answer!� She huffed at him as he shifted to his stomach, moving slightly to have the rock fall in a more comfortable position in her boot so she could keep her hands free.

“Afterwards, perhaps. Once I realized that I wasn’t in any real danger, or, wasn’t going to die, maybe just maybe I enjoyed that adrenaline.� Bella answered him, a hint of defeat in her voice at finally giving into that tiny bit of information.

“So you like that, when other people feel pain or terror?â€? Her question was asked slowly, as if trying to pick what words to use to make the question seem as if she was looking for information, rather than just being plain nosey.  

“How often do you think your…kind has been seen here before? How many of you are there? What else can you do? How often do you have to feed?� The questions came out in a stream before she lifted a hand to clap it over her lips and blink at him from over her index finger. After she was sure she had gained control of her lips and mouth, her hand slowly lowered to her lap, her tongue wetting her dried lips.

“What are you? Not just the name, but what are you?� Not able to contain her excitement, she leaned forward to stare at him with those green eyes. Then again, what sort of reaction would one expect from an eager to learn mage? Boredom? Certainly not. She was intrigued and at the moment, her curiosity was hungry.

Anonymous

"I knew you enjoyed it." It was more of an accusation than anything else, but he grinned none the less, flashing his teeth to her. That might not have been the best thing to do to her but no matter really.

"I love it. Fear and Terror are emotions, pain is...delicious. Pain is not an emotion, but to see one in pain gets my hearts beating." Nazarul said as he began to lick his nails and hands, cleaning them off as best he could.

"Never have my species been here before. This realm has never been visited by our species as far as I know. I cannot escape here. For some reason, the runes that allow me to travel back to the Abyss don't work here. As far as I have learned, there are no others way to get back but to die and hope your soul is sent to the Abyss." He explained to her quietly. She had a lot of questions didn't she? This was good, he had pestered her after all about what she felt, so this was no doubt only fair.

"There are ten of us in total. We are a small race, but for some reason in the Abyss our abilities to be fruitiful have been denied. After there are ten of us, we all become...unable to impregnate, but are still allowed a mating season. It gets worse when one of us dies. We go on a frenzy to be the one to impregnate one of the three females. Six males fighting each other for dominance, then...a few of us die some more, and the survivors repopulate." Nazarul laughed quietly as he shook his head. Their species were really strange, this he could admit. They had some odd ways about them obviously.

"My powers are not limited, the runes allow me to do many things. Allow to speak other languages, understand languages, manipulate and summon things into being, set things on fire, sentry runes...the list goes on. As for my natural abilities, my people can meld into the shadows, become a shadow and reappear in other places as you saw, and even shrink or enlarge ourselves at will. Those you've seen before. I can even speak in my native Abyssal language to create magic, or use runes." He tapped his chin once as he tried to think of anything else. No, that sounded about right really. Shrugging he rotated over onto his side to watch her, smirking a little bit to her.

"I must feed every other day or so, or if I've used my runes too much every day. You've supplied me with at least enough to last for a few days I'm hoping, but people are hostile towards me of course and who knows how much energy I will have to expend." Nazarul told her as he rolls onto his back again, his feet in the air as he stretches them out and yawns.

"Nazarul Demni is my full name. Nazarul is my name, Demni is my race. We have no last name because we are so few, there is no need for a last name. We are creatures from the Abyss as you've guessed, forged in the Twisting Nether and expelled into the Abyss. We survive fighting against the other creatures of the Abyss, but we grew tired of fighting, and just wanted to live without having to deal with land wars and the like. So we discovered the Abyssal runes and language, and how to fling ourselves into physical realms. It was quite an experience really...." Nazarul told her as he watched her in turn. He noted that she seemed very interested in him, and there was good reason of course, she had never seen a being like him before. He had seen many mages before in his time though, not many like her before, but many humanoid creatures.

"Have I answered all your questions Miss Bella?"

Anonymous

((Sorry it's not exactly as long as I would have hoped. I'm just about to leave and go to my cousins, so I had to type this quickly =P))

Bella shifted about to find a more comfortable position, and once she found it, she sat like that and listened to every word he spoke. Her chin rested within her palm and her wide green eyes stared at him, soaking in everything, committing what he said to memory. Nothing escaped her, nothing about his race, how they fed, mated, the magic and the runes. It was all extremely amazing to her, how his race functioned and how different it was to her own. When he finished she lifted her head and found her neck had crammed, but she simply pressed her hand there and a soothing feeling ran through the muscle. Basic healing.

"I believe you have." She said with a flashed smile and dropped that hand down to her lap, shaking her head slowly as if still trying to memorize everything he had said to her. It would do no good for her to forget a single thing he told her, even though she could simply ask again.

"So in a few days when you must feed again, what are you going to do? Go galloping into the city and terrorize the first mage you come across? Or would you rather simply ask?" She questioned him with a smirk, almost as if she were entertained by the question. She was hoping that he wouldn't harm anyone in the town and that maybe, just maybe, he would be able to give up the horrible emotions he fed from.

Anonymous

"This is good. I wouldn't want to leave you uneducated, I however must ask that you keep this...to yourself. If people knew that I was mostly harmless, I would no longer get the emotional satisfaction that comes with feeding." He wasn't thinking on a racial basis, that his race wouldn't be able to feed...his race wouldn't come here, since they would be stranded in this realm. He smiled slightly as he sat up on his haunches to watch her carefully.

"No, I have a plan of attack so to speak. I will simply sneak in at night, enter a house, and bite the mage that lives within. This will awake them, and keep them paralysed, so they may be in terror as I feed. I need the emotions that go with the feeding, or else it would be like....drinking water. Emotions are my steak, magic is my beer you could say. You wouldn't want me to starve would you?" He looked at her, his eyes growing wide and innocent as he shrunk down to about four feet long or so, making another pathetic mewing sound. One had to admit that the Demni knew how to deceive for the most part.

He chuckled as he grew back to his normal size, his hind legs stretch out behind him as he popped his spine back into place.

"A mage who fears no evil and lacks emotions, or anyone for that matter who is not afraid of me is a Dak'thi...ehm...equal. For they simply radiate magic, but no emotions. You are lucky, you are normal, you should be proud of yourself." He told her quietly as he moved a bit closer to her.

"You fear, and yet you are interested in me. It is...most entertaining."

Anonymous

Bella nodded her head in agreement to what he had asked of her. Of course she wouldn’t talk about it. She rarely ever went around talking about what she had recently learned. Call her greedy and selfish, but she hated sharing new knowledge with those around. She’d learned that some mages were just as selfish as she was, and if they learned what she just had, that they would somehow manage to make a profit from it.

“Oh, next time, don’t tell me things like that.� She said with a grin, responding to his plan of action for his next feed. She’d rather not hear how he was going to get his next meal, personally knowing how unpleasant it could be. When he shrunk down and began to make that sound, her emerald eyes rolled about and her fingers brushed through her hair, finally fighting it up into a messy, loose bun at the back of her head.

“Stop messing around. You can’t fool me with that anymore.� After her hands moved away from her hair she pointed her index finger in his direction, wincing as his spin popped back into the correct position as he grew back to his normal size.

“Proud of myself? I would rather be equal to something rather than beneath it because I can feel fear.� She argued with him, leaning back just slightly as he moved closer to her. “I’m not all about my ego, but I do have a bit of pride about me. Knowing that I can’t be an equal because I feel, well, it does a bit of damage to my pride.� She fell back to rest most of her weight along her hands, her back arching slightly as she let her cramping legs stretch out before herself. Her head fell to the side slightly as she looked to him, blinking slowly.

“Of course I’m interested in you. You’re different, something I’ve never seen or learned about. I put my curiosity above my fear. Besides, fear is usually irrational, curiosity however, well, I can always gain something from my curiosity.�

Anonymous

He stalked about her before he took to lying down near her feat with a smirk. She wasn't going to tell, and he would just have to take her word on that one really.

"Very good." He almost purred the words out as he looked up to her, a wicked grin now playing upon his face in a response to her own.

"I had to tell you. Though, you might want to tell me which house is yours. In case I need a place to hide out, and to not sneak in and feed upon you."  That actually were the two best reasons, also because he wanted to talk more with her about his people. She seeemed very interested  in him anyways, and in his culture so it made sense.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean you were beneath me. You are technically more sentient than I in that perspective, as I cannot use magic, only eat it. My people are more animalistic than anything, and animals aren't very high in the world. We cannot construct buildings, but your people seem to have no trouble constructing towns, and I assume cities as well. In those terms, I am inferior to you." He told with a smile forming on his lipless mouth somehow.

"So I guess I could technically call you an equal as well, even superior, but I wouldn't want that pretty little head of yours to swell too big now." Nazarul grinned as he continued to keep his eyes upon her, studying her face and her reactions. He had very little contact with actual humans before, so this was actually new to him.

"What say you though? Think you can harbour me in your house for a place to stay? I detest having to go find a cave to live in. I promise I'll be good and won't molest or steal your magic." He sat up with a grin still stuck on his face as he put his hand over his heart, well, hearts to say the least.

Anonymous

Bella kept her head tilted slightly as she watched him, blinking lazily as he grinned up to her from her feet. At his question about her home she rolled her eyes and gave a sigh, knowing he had presented good points. She certainly didn’t want to wake up to a bite and paralysis.

“I suppose I can live with being superior to you.� She said with a laugh and let her head fall back a bit, but her eyes continued to watch him. The only times she wouldn’t look at him was when she would blink, but when she wasn’t blinking, all of her attention was on him, and only him. Interest filled her emerald eyes.

“My head won’t swell no matter how many compliments I receive.� She said, although the smile she gave told otherwise, before a laugh ruined her moment of bigheadedness. Her legs bent and she pushed herself to lean forward and rest her chin along her knees.

“Fine, fine, I might as well tell you. It would do no good to have you stalking about in caves and such. The only thing that would do is cause rumors. You best keep that promise too, Mr. Nazarul. If you even think about doing that, you’ll find that my only weapon isn’t magic.� Her eyes narrowed towards him in a threat, before a smile crossed her lips and she pushed herself to her feet. The tunic like shirt fell about her and she fixed the fitted breeches around her bottom half.

“Well, I don’t know how in the world I’m supposed to show you where I live now. You’ll receive quite a few of stares no doubt.� Her hands rested on her hips and the toe of her worn boot tapped along the ground as she stared down at him, her top teeth gnawing on her bottom lip. The wind toyed with the few strands of hair that weren’t pulled into the mess of a bun along the back of her head, but she kept her hands at her hips.

“Any suggestions?� She asked him, wracking her brain for any sort of answer to their dilemma.

Anonymous

"Which, the magic absorbing or the molestation?" He asked her with a condesending smirk as he watched her carefully. He never actually thought about the second option, he didn't much like the idea of trying that anyways, this woman was pretty powerful.

"I'll keep my promise though. Though...I don't like that...mister part you added to my name." He told her bluntly as he kept an eye on her for a moment before looking back to the town with interest for a moment. She did talk about trying to get him into the town, and he grinned a little bit.

"I've sorta got an idea." He said as he began to shrink down to his small miniture version.He grinned up at her as he lept up, careful as he grabbed her arms, trying not to use his claws as he moved about onto her shoulders. He grinned a little bit at her as he wagged his tail a few times.

"This is the first time someone has willingly let me into their house. Usually I have to keep them paralysed and shoved in a corner." He told her as he tapped his chin once with a finger and then stroked her neck with his claw, careful not to pierce the skin.

"I'm glad you're nice though, I wouldn't want to have to do anything bad to you." It wasn't a threat actually, the tone was all off. it was genuine concern really. He didn't like hurting nice people, which is probably why he didn't get to know most of his victims. That way, he wouldn't know what they were. Guilt free.

"Now, let's go. If anyone asks, just say I'm some injured creature you found in the forest and you're going home to study me. It's not techincally a lie either." He grinned at his own cunning as he layed his head down on her shoulder.

"I'll keep from moving much and secreting any poison from my claws. That should take the worry off a little bit."

Anonymous

Bella kept her hands on her hips and locked a mean glare on him, fire flickering in the depths of those emerald eyes.

“Try it, either of those, and see what happens.� She threatened him in return to the smirk, before hearing that he had an idea and figured she might as well tone it down a few notches. When he shrunk down and jumped onto her arm, she instantly stilled, remembering clearly the claws and teeth, shuddering lightly as he ran his claw along her neck. Slowly, after a few moments, she relaxing and her shoulders slopped gently, turning her head to look at him from the corners of her eyes.

“Well, nothing bad better not happen to me.� She retorted back to him and walked over to where she had been studying and reading. Carefully she knelt down and gathered the books and flower, holding them all within her hands.

“I’m going, I’m going. And please try not to do that. It wouldn’t do either of us any good if I dropped in the middle of the street with a strange creature on my shoulder. Just…behave yourself.� She muttered beneath her breath as her boots finally came in contact with the dirt road leading to the center of the town.

As she walked she received a few questions from curious mages, and she simply answered how he had told her to. Injured creature. Soon she had winded her way through the town to a small building. The lower level belonged to an older mage woman, working mostly with wards, but the second level belonged to her. As she opened the door, they were greeted by mounds and mounds of books and parchments. It was amazing that anyone could actually live in such a place, but Bella continued on into the small home and shut the door behind herself.

“It’s kind of…crowded.� She said and walked to the window sill, opening the window and she set the flower in the pot on the ledge. She found an empty area and set the books down there and dusted her hands off. After walking through a maze of books she opened another door, and there was a room there. It was ten times neater and more organized than the first room, and in the center of this room was a bed.

“It’s not much.� She said with a shrug, lifting a hand to shoo him away from her shoulder and onto the ground, or perhaps a stack of books in the connecting room if he decided to remain in his shrunken form.